Uggla6 Released Set - Week 6

Uggla6

Hello all,

It might appear that I'm a newbie and that's because I rarely use this site even though I acknowledge it as a great site for Yu-Gi-Oh creativity. That being said, I'm proud to say that Yu-Gi-Oh has been a large part of my life in the last several years whether that's been investing, trading, playing both competitively and casually, and finally creating the cards I believe Konami should release someday (heck, I might continue to play). Every card I create is a card that in my head should be printed and would be a viable card in the game. Some cards are better than others and even some people may argue that some of the cards are too powerful, (although I feel that nothing I create could surpass the current meta or where it'll be in 6 months) but all of them have come from the deepest part of my creative. All of my ideas are original; however, the artwork is from some of the amazing artists that exist on the internet. The reason that I'm finally releasing all these sets I've created over the years is because I'm taking a break from the game. I couldn't bring myself to say leaving the game, because I don't think that anything will get me over my nostalgic feeling towards the game and selling certain decks that I hold dearest. However, due to the loss of enjoyment from the game, the last few and upcoming poor formats, as well as the tiredness from keeping ahead of Konami's economic scheme I'm going to be settling down. Even the original creators have moved onto a new game and company and so I thought that was telling me to do the same (the game is Cardfight Vanguard and anyone who is interested in learning or anything else, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to help). Anyway, in lieu of this break I'm going to posting a single set/archetype that I have created over the years that I deem acceptable to go to the printing table each week until I've posted all my cards. Before posting I'm going to check for grammar errors and try my best to convert some of my older cards with problem solving text. For those of you here I hope that these cards can give enjoyment to continue on with the game, or at least be the inspiration of some of your own fantastic creations. Enjoy!

Well I'm sorry for missing the last 2 weeks so I'm going to make it up to you guys with 2 large sets tonight.  This first set is the first set I ever created and has been a work in progress ever since.  I went through the old set again today and tried to shore up all the errors that I had made in the past.  I know this archetype has probably been made a hundred times here on the site, but here is my version of the the Olympians.  Each God has an effect similar to the Greek lore.  That being said in order to make the set playable together and not have them just be teched into different decks I made most of their effect archetype specific and they all have the name Olympian: X to make them come together easily.  That all being said there are a lot of Gods and most are hard to make playable so the win condition consists of banishing 12 Olympians with different names.  Therefore the decks plays most of the Olympic Gods and then uses a lot of searchers to get out the right pieces at the right time.  The deck is very versatile, but is highly prone to dead draw and therefore would sit in the 3rd Tier with the rest of the decks.  I apologize for the large set ahead of time and I will acknowledge that not all the cards would be playable in the archetypal deck, but I found them interesting and want to post them in the set together.  Plus Konami needs to throw commons in somewhere so that they can make all the good cards high rarity and sell more sets :). Anyway now after a 2 week break here are the Olympians.

[spoiler=Main Monsters (16)]

247827.jpg

Olympian: Zeus 2500/2000

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. During your Main Phase, you can discard any number of monsters from your hand to the Graveyard to target the same number of cards on the field and destroy them. This card cannot attack the same turn its effect was activated."

The man of the hour, the leader of the Olympians.  And he is a weaker version of Brionic.  That being said he is hard to Summon and easily taken care of nowadays.  Not to mention his effect must be used with caution as its cost can come back to bite late on.

247820.jpg

Olympian: Hades 2000/2500

"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your Hand or Graveyard) by banishing 5 monsters from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 face-up "Olympian" monster you control: Target 1 monster in either player's Graveyard and Special Summon it. You cannot Normal Summon or Set the turn you activate this effect."

Non other than Zeus nemesis.  He's quite possibly one of the only cards in this set that can be used outside the archetype.  He is essentially a Monster Reborn for the cost for the cost of banishing 5.  That part is also nice in terms of end game too.  Sorry you 2, you must start working together.

247830.jpg

Olympian: Poseidon 2300/2200

"Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. The effects of all monsters on the field, except "Olympian" monsters are negated."

The last of the 3 main Gods and he's not too shabby.  He is a walking one sided Skill Drain.  Hard to summon, but definitely worth while.

247837.jpg

Olympian: Hermes 0/0

"When you take Battle Damage: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Olympian" monster from your Deck."

The main card of the deck that allows you play any out from your deck.  He is what makes the deck run and very important to run him at max.

247881.jpg

Olympian: Ares 2000/0

"During the End Phase, destroy all face-up monsters the turn player controls, that did not declare an attack. This card is uneffected by the effects of Spell and Trap cards."

A decent card that can really throw off some strategies.  He can be teched into any deck that Tributes, played in a deck of his own, or in this case be used as another Olympian name in the Olympic deck because he can stand strong on his own from a lot things.  Not to mention how easy he is to summon even when ran at just 1.

258586.jpg

Olympian: Apollo 1500/2000

"You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 face-up "Olympian" monster you control. When this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy all other monsters on the field."

A nice board wiping monster to reset the game in your favor.  Nothing more than that and a 1500 attack beater to stick in the last bit of damage.

247816.jpg

Olympian: Athena 1800/1800

"Once per turn, if a face-up "Olympian" monster would be destroyed by a card effect, pay 500 Life Points and destroy this card instead. During the End Phase, if this effect was used this turn: Special Summon this card from your Graveyard."

She is just great.  She is like a smaller version of Stardust Dragon.  She allows you to play your big monsters and feel safe (somewhat nowadays with all the non-destroying removal she's not nearly as good).  Even so she works nicely with Apollo.

258592.jpg

Olympian: Achilles 1800/0

"This card cannot be destroyed by battle while in Attack Position. This card cannot attack your opponent directly."

While technically not a God he is a Olympian.  Anyway he is something deck needed.  For a deck that dead draws they need a Marshmallon type monster to sit on to recover from bricked hands.  Also nice he's another name to banish.

247242.jpg

Olympian: Hercules 1800/2500

"If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card (from your hand) without Tributing. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each Battle Phase. At the end of the Damage Step, when this card attacks an opponent's monster, but the opponent's monster was not destroyed by the battle: Destroy that monster. Your opponent cannot Special Summon during your turn as long as this card is in face-up Attack Position."

Another Olympian that is not a God.  He's close though and not bad.  He's just kind of techy.  That being said he is names Olympian and therefore will help with the end game and he isn't that bad of a card on his own.

258627.jpg

Olympian: Demeter 100/2000

"During your Standby Phase: Both players draw 1 card. Once per turn you can pay 500 Life Points to Special Summon 1 "Wheat Token" (Plant-Type/EARTH/Level 1/ATK 100/DEF 100). During your Main Phase, you can Tribute 1 face-up EARTH monster you control; Your opponent cannot target this card for an attack until your next Main Phase."

My personal favorite card in this set.  She allows for draw power and protection for herself.  A free token to Tribute never hurt either.  That being said she's just another name for a card that works alright by itself.

258644.jpg

Olympian: Aphrodite 1000/1000

"You must first Ritual Summon this card with "Flower of Aphrodite" to summon this card. This card can attack your opponent directly. This card cannot be destroyed in battle by a Level 4 or higher monster. If this card battles with a Level 4 or higher monster, you take no Battle Damage. This card cannot be targeted by card effects."

The only ritual in the deck and she's not that bad.  Buuuut she's a ritual and doesn't have the name Nekroz.  Almost unplayable unless you try to build a troll deck around her.  Could be fun.

258795.jpg

Olympian: Hephaestus 1200/1700

"All face-up "Olympian" monsters gain 500 ATK. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. If you control another "Olympian" monster, when this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: Draw 1 card."

In my opinion this is the best card in this deck.  He allows for piercing and drawing with a 1700 base.  So good I've actually learned how to spell his name off the top of my head.

258806.jpg

Olympian: Artemes 1500/1500

"Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 "Olympian" monsters with different attributes from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster on the field; banish that target face-up. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect."

She's a Olympian version of BLS and Chaos Sorcerer.  She easier to summon too; however, her significant power decrease if rather noticeable.  She's nice for removal and setting up that Banished Zone.

258814.jpg

Olympian: Dionysus 400/1600

"During either player's turn, when a Spell or Trap card is activated that targets an "Olympian" monster you control: You can banish this card from your Graveyard to negate that effect and destroy that card."

A perfect card to have sitting in the Graveyard to protect your monsters on the field.  It's also nice that he banishes himself and you don't have to worry about that aspect of him either.

266886.jpg

Olympian: Hestia 1200/1100
"This monster's controller gains 1000 Life Points during each of their Standby Phases. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: Target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target."

She was the last card I made and she's really just another name that doesn't have a bad effect.  Set her when in trouble.

266871.jpg

Olympian: Hera 2200/1900

"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field by Tributing 1 monster they control. You cannot Normal Summon or Set the turn you Special Summon this card. If there is a face-up "Olympian: Zeus" on the field; Destroy this card. During the End Phase, if this card was destroyed by its own effect: You can add this card to your hand from your Graveyard."

She is a better version of Lava Golem because she is reusable, has worse stats, and doesn't require your opponent to have 2 monsters on the field.  She is non-targeting, non-destroying removal, but she is a little to slow and situational to play effectively.  Not to mention her drawback makes her hard to play when newer things like Santa Claws have come out.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells]

258620.jpg

Mt. Olympus - Olympic Safeground
"All face-up "Olympian" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle and you take no Battle Damage from battles involving a face-up "Olympian" monster. You can tribute this card to add 1 "Olympian" monster from your Deck to your hand."

A great field spell that protects your monsters and your life points.  Not to mention is allows for some desperately needed searching.
258636.jpg
Toast to Peace
"This card can only be activated during your first Main Phase. Banish 1 "Olympian" monster: Gain 1000 Life Points and if you do, neither player can attack until your opponent's next End Phase."

An easy way to stay alive while setting up your banished zone to finish the game.
258670.jpg
Flower of Aphrodite
"This card is used to Ritual Summon "Olympian: Aphrodite". You must send 1 "Olympian" monster you control and 1 "Olympian" monster in your hand to the Graveyard to activate this card."

The ritual card that goes along with Aphrodite and makes her too minus to play competitively.
258640.jpg
Call to Hermes
"Special Summon 1 "Olympian: Hermes" from your Deck or Graveyard."

A very simple yet necessary card in this deck to get it running and keep it going.
259507.jpg
Dungeon of Torment - Tartarus
"You can destroy all monsters you control. If you have an "Olympian" monster in your Graveyard, banish all monsters in your Graveyard."

A card that makes it really easy to set up the finishing play, but in a deck full of dead draws, this would just be adding to them and ultimately you have plenty of other more useful ways to set up your banished zone.
258821.jpg
Cult of the Twelve Olympians
"This card can only be activated when 12 or more "Olympian" monsters with different names are banished. Spell and Trap Cards cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. Send all cards in your opponent's hand and side of the field to the Graveyard. If "Mt. Olympus - Olympic Safeground" is face-up on the field and "Olympian: Zeus" is banished; Special Summon 1 "Olympian: Zeus" that was banished (it cannot attack this turn) and if you do, inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each card in your opponent's Graveyard."

If you've gotten this far you have probably been hearing enough of the finishing play.  This is it and it doesn't disappoint.  For something you are setting up the whole game to get off it virtually seals the game.  Cost is a little heavy for it to be truly great though.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Traps] None[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Extra Monsters] None[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Decklist]

Main Monster: 25

1 Olympian: Hestia
2 Olympian: Dionysus
2 Olympian: Artemis
3 Olympian: Hephaestus
1 Olympian: Demeter
2 Olympian: Achilles
2 Olympian: Apollo
1 Olympian: Ares
3 Olympian: Hermes
1 Olympian: Poseidon
1 Olympian: Zeus 
2 Olympian: Hades
3 Olympian: Athena
1 Olympian: Hercules

Spells: 12
2 Cult of the Twelve Olympians
3 Call to Hermes
2 Toast to Peace
3 Mt. Olympus - Olympic Safeground
2 Mystical Space Typhoon*

Traps: 3
3 Royal Decree

Extra Monsters: 15
Generic Rank 4, 6, 7, and 8 Xyzs

Good ole' fashion YuGiOh folks.  The deck has a ton of resource management, many outs, options, and techs.  Not to mention the grind game is real and the deck lacks an early game OTK.  Sadly it would struggle in the current format, but it would be a lot of fun to play and it would function.  Hope you guys like it.
[/spoiler]

Archived