[Finished]Reverse Oscillation Contest [CLOSED]

Chiz Fri

I'm back hosting another contest!

This time around, we're bring the past forward!

Criteria:
Your test is to create a set of Pendulum Cards (2 cards) for a 5D's Era Duel Terminal Archetype. The list for you to choose from is below.

Both cards must do something that helps the deck in ways other than "set scales, drop hand." In other words: both cards must have both a Monster Effect AND and Pendulum Effect. The scales must also be accurate and believable. That means that your cards cannot set a scale 1 to 12 if you chose Gishki or Dragunity.

Rules:
[spoiler='Please Read']1. Cards must belong to one of the archetypes listed below, and no other archetypes, and must be Pendulum Cards. Anything else will not be accepted.

2. Entries must be your own. If you are caught using someone else's entry, you'll be DQ'ed (and possibly reported to a mod for ripping). If your card is being used w/out permission, please PM a mod with proof.

3. Post your card lore underneath the card. It makes it easier for the judges & myself to read the effects, correct OCG and show any such corrections if you request us to do so.

(Just copy/paste the card lore from the generator, and you will not need to manually type it a second time).

4. Written Cards are allowed. I know it's difficult to find suitable pictures at times, so that's why I don't grade on them.
If you enter a Written Card, it has to be text; no using the cardmaker to post a picture-less card.

5. Check over your card before submitting it (grammar, card stats/effect).

While I will allow you to fix minor details before the deadline, you should already have entered it as a final product. If you make any edits, you need to notify me (either in the thread or a PM). Minor details include and are limited to fixing grammar/spelling errors and small aesthetic changes. It does not include changing stats (ATK/DEF, Level, Attribute, Type) or the effect entirely.

This means you are not allowed to completely change your entry.

6. Entries must be new.

7. Use card Attributes, ATK/DEF that exist in the actual TCG/OCG. Fake Attributes/stats are not allowed.
There shouldn't be much reason to deviate from the 6 legal Attributes in the game (DIVINE does not count); cards should fit into one of them.

8. Entries are expected to have some degree of effort put into designing them. Blatantly OPed cards and/or ones that lack any noticeable effort will not be accepted.

9. Since you'll be making Pendulum Cards, use Tinypic or w/e image host you use to upload the cards. DO NOT use attachments.

10. Unless you plan to enter / help with the judging or ask about contest-related things, please don't post in this thread.

11. Regular YCM Rules apply.

12. Submit your entries in the thread. Makes it easier for myself and other judges to read/judge your stuff.[/spoiler]

Entry:
Free, as always. Just express interest and announce which archetype you'll be making the cards for. You can change this once before you submit your cards.

Accepted Archetypes:
[spoiler='Only use one of these:']Ally of Justice
Dragunity
Fabled
Flamvell
Gem-Knight
Genex
Gishki
Gusto
Ice Barrier

Jurrac
Laval
Mist Valley
Naturai
Steelswarm
Vylon
Worm
X-Saber[/spoiler]

Participants:
Aquatic Ether Zerpant - Vylon
Kotori Minami - Ally of Justice
Tinkerer - Worm

Dragon Sage - Gem-Knight

Cosmo - Gusto

lightdiversion - Genex

Alpakha - Jurrac

Neo New Faytality - X-Sabers

Chivalry - Ice Barrier

Reptilious - Gem-Knight

Anonymous - Fabled

Wildflame - Mist Valley

Planter 2000 - Dragunity

Dramatic Crossroad - Vylon

Judging:
I will be accepting up to 5 other judges to help me with the contest. If you are interested in judging, please post with your grading criteria. Passing the Judges Exam is not required.

Judges:
ReneTCG
Link to ReneTCG's grading rubric. (I am trying out something new in hopes that it will be easier to understand and learn from than what has already been established here.)

Deadline:
July 4, 2015 @ 23:59:59 Central Standard Time (GMT -5)
If you need help determining what time it'll be in your area when deadline hits, use this converter. (Select USA - Alabama - Huntsville in the "convert to" area)

Prizes:
1st Place: Signature Banner+300 Points
2nd Place: Signature Banner+200 Points
3rd Place: Signature Banner+100 Points

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay thank you! Also I believe I will make some pends for Vylons, since the Greek shape babies need some love~

Ally of Justice. They need support and have a decent gimmick going for them.

Alright you both have been added to the OP. There's no rush, deadline is Independence Day.

I would also like to give this a try with Gem-Knights, please.

If this is possible i would love to join supporting the lovely Gustos.

look interesting, i'd like to sign up with genex

You three are added to the OP.

What about Jurracs, they were a duel terminal archetype as well.

Yeah I think I skipped over them by accident. I'll add them to the list.

[spoiler=Entry]

hmCoHmO.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]Pendulum Effect: All "Jurrac" monsters you control gain 300 ATK. If a Dinosaur-Type monster you control destroys a monster by battle, it can attack again. A monster cannot attack more than once with this effect.

Monster Effect: If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can attack another monster your opponent controls. This card cannot attack more than 1 monster with this effect.[/spoiler]

m0zme1g.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]

Pendulum Effect: Once per turn: If a Dinosaur-Type monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can add a "Jurrac" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Monster Effect: For each monster this card destroys by battle, all face-up "Jurrac" monsters you control gain 100 ATK. Up to twice per turn, you can discard 1 card: Special Summon 1 "Jurrac Token" (Dinosaur-Type/FIRE/Level 1/ATK 300/ DEF 0) in Attack Position to your opponent's side of the field.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Explanation]

Jurrac depend a lot on destroy monsters by battle, but with fairly low ATK and no consistent ways to destroy monsters by battle (without relying on their opponent), i tried to help these problems. Compsog adds attack, while allowing the jurracs (especially Guiba) to reactivate their effects. Carcharo helps with deck consistency (since guiba is the only search engine and all). If you put him on the board as a monster, the effect should help to push for game (especially if you have hydrogeddon) or at least get a huge board advantage.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Entry']lBwdmvs.png?2

[spoiler='Lore']PE - Once per turn, during your Main Phase 2: You can discard 1 card; Add 1 "Ally of Justice" monster from your deck to your hand.

ME - Once per turn you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; It becomes LIGHT attribute in addition to its original attribute.[/spoiler]

kVxZ2MC.png?1

[spoiler='Lore']PE - Once per turn, during your Main Phase 2: You can discard 1 card; Add 1 "Ally of Justice" monster from your deck to your hand.

ME - This card is also treated as LIGHT attribute. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can send 1 card from your hand to the graveyard; Destroy all other LIGHT monster on the field. This card must remain face-up on the field to activate and resolve this effect.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Explanation']AoJs are held back by their reliance on LIGHT monsters for their effects, as well as the ability to keep field presence. Avid Nightmare lets you add LIGHT to on of your opponents monsters allowing for more effects to go off and being a level 2 allows for easier access to Catastor and other synchros. Luid Dream is a searcher and LIGHT nuke. I was planning for it to nuke Flip monsters and LIGHT but for a level 5 that could have been to much.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Entry"] 

Gusto Pegasus

Level 2 | Scale 1 | WIND | Winged-Beast Type | Tuner | ATK 600 | DEF 400

Pendulum Effect:

Once per turn, when you Synchro Summon a "Gusto" monster, you can target 1 "Gusto" monster in your Graveyard, add that target to your hand.

Monster Effect:

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Psychic type "Gusto" monster from your hand. When this card is destroyed by battle, you can target 1 set Spell/Trap card on the field, destroy that target.

Nuvola, Princess of Gusto

Level 4 | Scale 7 | WIND | Psychic Type | ATK 1400 | DEF 1600

Pendulum Effect: When a "Gusto" monster you control is destroyed (by battle or by card effects), inflict 300 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, each "Gusto" monster you control, except this card, cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Monster Effect: When this card is Special Summoned, target 1 monster your opponent controls, return that target to the hand. [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Explanation"] Nuvola's first pendulum effect supports the Sphreeze strategy of kamikazeing your monsters, by inflicting even more damage when doing so. Her second Pendulum effect defends other Gustos. Her monster effect is almost identical to "Compulsory Evacuation Device" and it's mostly for flavour, but also to get rid of troubling monsters.

Pegasus is Nuvola's pet (i was thinking of even making a Daigusto out of them...) and it's Pendulum effect is for recycling other Gustos. His monster effect is similar to Pilica's, which is basically a free Synchro Summon (the ideal monster to summon with this effect is Nuvola, so her effect triggers). And the second monster effect is similar to the one all Gusto Tuners have, they get destroyed and you get a plus, in this case it's a pseudo MST. [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Flavour"] Nuvola in italian means cloud and it might represent the fact that she protects other Gustos. Her monster effect represents a strong storm that blows away an opponent's monster. [/spoiler]

Here goes nothin

[spoiler=Whoa, Written Cards!]

Vylon Nonagone

LIGHT/ Level 4

Machine/ Pendulum/ Effect

Scales: 2/2
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, when you equip an Equip Spell to a "Vylon" monster you control: you can add 1 "Vylon" monster to your hand. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.
Monster Effect: If a face-up "Vylon" monster you control would be destroyed: you can destroy 1 Equip Spell equipped to this card, instead.

Vylon Kite
LIGHT/ Level 4
Scales: 5/5
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, when an Equip Spell(s) you control is sent to the Graveyard: you can target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; destroy it. You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck the turn you activate this effect, except "Vylon" monsters.
Monster Effect: When this face-up card is sent from the Monster Card Zone to the Extra Deck: you can pay 500 LP, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; equip this card to that target. A monster equipped with this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Before you doing a grade let me explain you a thing pls]

Alright so, from my experience, Vylons would absolutely love pendulums simply because they would love a decent swarming effect *glares at their union monsters*. But because Vylons are so prone to OTKs *coughSigmacough*, they would need heavy restrictions on what they can and can't do with the swarming power of Pendulums. Therefore, I made it so that if you use either pend's pend eff, it would make it a tiny bit difficult to make an OTK happen. Now that the restrictions have been addressed, it's time to move onto the better points.

Nonagone helps greatly with consistency, because Vylons are very S/T heavy (mainly S), and also helps to maintain field presence at the cost of an equip.

Kite helps to wipe out some backrow during either player's turn, and also helps push for game when used to Synchro.

[/spoiler] 

[spoiler=Wow these shapes are super tasty! (Flavor)]

After the Vylons were corrupted by the Lswarm Virus, a select few of them remained untainted. Thought to be merely tools, the newly discovered Vylon are sentient and capable of combating the Lswarm. Emerging from the remains of the Vylon Element come two new Vylons, Vylon Nonagone and Vylon Kite! With their combined powers, they just might be able to redeem their fallen mechanical brethren.  Behold, the power of 2-D! Vylons, Reemerge and Synchronize!

((Also in case you didn't get it, these are the parts that formed Vylon Element. I assumed that after the Vylon got corrupted by the Lswarm, Element broke down and Kite and Nonagone happened. Also, both Kite and Nonagone are cool 2-D shapes, which fits the theme of the alternate effect monsters (Unions & Tuners) being shapes.))

[/spoiler]

Are entries still being taken?? If so if like to join w/ X-Sabers

Of course you can enter with them. I've been waiting to make another "Gottams" pun.

Here goes nothin

[spoiler=Whoa, Written Cards!]

Vylon Nonagone

LIGHT/ Level 4

Scales: 2/2
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, when you equip an Equip Spell to a "Vylon" monster you control: you can add 1 "Vylon" monster to your hand. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.
Monster Effect: If a face-up "Vylon" monster you control would be destroyed: you can destroy 1 Equip Spell equipped to this card, instead.

Vylon Kite
LIGHT/ Level 4
Scales: 5/5
Pendulum Effect: Once per turn, when an Equip Spell(s) you control is sent to the Graveyard: you can target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; destroy it. You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck the turn you activate this effect, except "Vylon" monsters.
Monster Effect: When this face-up card is sent from the Monster Card Zone to the Extra Deck: you can pay 500 LP, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; equip this card to that target. A monster equipped with this card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Before you doing a grade let me explain you a thing pls]

Alright so, from my experience, Vylons would absolutely love pendulums simply because they would love a decent swarming effect *glares at their union monsters*. But because Vylons are so prone to OTKs *coughSigmacough*, they would need heavy restrictions on what they can and can't do with the swarming power of Pendulums. Therefore, I made it so that if you use either pend's pend eff, it would make it a tiny bit difficult to make an OTK happen. Now that the restrictions have been addressed, it's time to move onto the better points.

Nonagone helps greatly with consistency, because Vylons are very S/T heavy (mainly S), and also helps to maintain field presence at the cost of an equip.

Kite helps to wipe out some backrow during either player's turn, and also helps push for game when used to Synchro.

[/spoiler] 

[spoiler=Wow these shapes are super tasty! (Flavor)]

After the Vylons were corrupted by the Lswarm Virus, a select few of them remained untainted. Thought to be merely tools, the newly discovered Vylon are sentient and capable of combating the Lswarm. Emerging from the remains of the Vylon Element come two new Vylons, Vylon Nonagone and Vylon Kite! With their combined powers, they just might be able to redeem their fallen mechanical brethren.  Behold, the power of 2-D! Vylons, Reemerge and Synchronize!

((Also in case you didn't get it, these are the parts that formed Vylon Element. I assumed that after the Vylon got corrupted by the Lswarm, Element broke down and Kite and Nonagone happened. Also, both Kite and Nonagone are cool 2-D shapes, which fits the theme of the alternate effect monsters (Unions & Tuners) being shapes.))

[/spoiler]

The link to your cards has been added to the OP. Best of luck!

Archived