Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute

TF2_The_Scout

After Tinkerer's Non-Effect fusion support, I decided to give support to Non-Effect ritual monsters. Same concept; different execution.

First off, the main card of the deck which will get this going; this version of Final Form-Hi Change.

Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute
Ritual Spell

Tribute 1 Ritual monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Final Tribute-" monster with the same name from your Deck or Hand. If this card is in the Graveyard: You can banish 1 ritual spell from your Deck; Place this card on top of your Deck.

First, I'll do the basic support for this playstyle, as I would like it to be more connected than its counterpart, "Hi-" monsters.

[spoiler=Final Tribute support]

Ritualist Prism
Level 4
Spellcaster/Earth
ATK: 1000 DEF: 1000

Once per turn: You can send 1 ritual monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; This card's name becomes that card's name until the End Phase. You can only Special Summon "Final Tribute-" monsters the turn this effect is activated.

The Final Offering
Continuous Spell

Once per turn, you can pay 2000 LP; Special Summon 1 Ritual monster from your hand. Its effects are negated and it can only be used to Special Summon "Final Tribute-" monsters.

Ritual Finale
Ritual Spell

While on the field, this card counts as "Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute" Discard 1 ritual monster; Special Summon 1 "Final Tribute-" monster with the same name as the discarded monster.

Final Tribute Offering
Continuous Trap

If a monster is tributed by "Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute": You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon that monster. You can only use this effect once per turn.
[/spoiler]

Now, for the actual monsters.

[spoiler="Final Tribute-" monsters]

Final Tribute-Garma Sword
Level 7
Warrior/Ritual
ATK: 2550 DEF: 2150

This card can only be summoned through "Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute". When this card is summoned: You can add 1 Ritual Spell from your Deck to your hand. If this card destroys a monster and sends it to the Graveyard: You can discard 1 card from your opponent's hand, then if the monster destroyed was a Rank 5 or higher XYZ monster, it gains the following effect.
-Banish 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard and in their hand.

Final Tribute-Chakra
Level 7
Fiend/Ritual
ATK: 2450 DEF: 2000

This card can only be summoned by "Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute". When this card is summoned: Add 1 Ritual Monster in your Graveyard to your hand. When your opponent adds a card from their deck to hand (except during their Draw Phase), you may reveal 1 card in your hand; Banish 1 card of the same type (Monster, Spell, Trap) from your opponent's hand. If there were no cards of the declared type, banish the revealed card from your hand.

Final Tribute-Fiend's Mirror
Level 6
Fiend/Ritual
ATK: 2100 DEF: 1800

This card can only be summoned through "Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute". This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can add 1 Ritual monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP; Add 1 Ritual Spell from your Graveyard to Hand.

Final Tribute-Dokurorider
level 6
Zombie/Ritual
ATK: 1900 DEF: 1850

This card can only be summoned through "Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute". When this card is summoned: Target 1 card on the field; Send it to the bottom of its controller's deck. If this card attacks: Banish any monster it destroys. If this card is sent to the Graveyard(by battle or by an opponent's card effect): You can banish it; Special Summon 1 Ritual monster from your Graveyard in attack mode.

Final Tribute-Zera the Mant
Level 8
Fiend/Ritual
Dark
ATK:2800 DEF:2300

This card can only be summoned through "Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute". When this card is summoned: You can target 2 Spell/Trap cards on the field and destroy them(the targeted cards cannot be activated in response to this effect). Once per turn: You can tribute 1 other monster you control; Draw 1 card.

Final Tribute-Crab Turtle
Level 8
Water
Aqua/Ritual
ATK:2550 def:2500

This card can only be summoned through "Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute". When this card is summoned: You can discard any number of cards; Your opponent sends the top card of their Deck to the Graveyard, up to the number of cards discarded. During your End Phase: You can target 1 "Final Tribute" card in your Graveyard; Shuffle it into your Deck.[/spoiler]

As soon as I heard you were making Ritual upgrades similar to Tinkerer's Fusion upgrades, I've been looking forward to seeing them with bated breath, and these cards don't disappoint.

For the sake of the thread's namesake, I'll only be reviewing the namesake card and the current monsters provided.

Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute: Compared to the support this card gets, namely Ritualist Prism and Ritual Finale, it's not really all that good, since it requires low-tier Ritual Monsters to actually be on the field before you can get the good ones out.

Garma Sword: Considering how strong Rank 5 and above Xyz monsters are typically, the banishing effect probably won't happen very often. However, considering the card's acceptable ATK, it could be destroying quite a few monsters, thus allowing for multiple discards, and eventually card shortage.

Chakra: The Ritual returning effect isn't too bad, it can easily add another Final Tribute monster to your hand for later usage. However, the banishing effect is what this card shines in: because of the nature of decks like Lightsworns, you can cripple them easily once this card is on the field, delaying and possibly even preventing Judgment Dragon from getting on the field.

Fiend's Mirror: It's pretty alright, I'd say. Effect invulnerability is always nice, and the searching and Graveyard returning effects allow more shots at bringing out more Final Tribute monsters.

If there's 1 card I'd love to see you upgrade more than anything else, it's Dokurorider. Don't disappoint me when you get to it, please. I'm interested in these cards, and would love to see more.

Oh boy. As soon as I saw the PM you sent me, I've been eagerly looking forward to seeing what you did with Dokurorider, and it doesn't disappoint.

The first effect is nothing too exciting, since all it does is send a card straight to the bottom of its owner's deck. The second effect is nice, but because of its low ATK stat, you won't be destroying too many opposing monsters with it, unless you equip it with something like Axe of Despair, or maybe Black Pendant, but the third effect is the real kicker. It Special Summons a Ritual Monster in attack position regardless of conditions, so this would be a nice little card to squeeze into Nekroz or Gishki decks to catch your opponent off guard.

All-in-all, it's a nice little card, but the others here outshine it a bit because of its low stats. But that's why stat increasing and decreasing cards exist.

I look forward to the rest of the generic Ritual Monsters being retrained in this format.

I would love to see Performance of Sword getting herself a retrain here. Also, do you mind if I rephrase Chakra's effect?

This card can only be summoned by "Ultimate Ritual-Final Tribute". When this card is summoned: Add 1 Ritual Monster in your Graveyard to your hand. When your opponent adds a card from their deck to hand (except during their Draw Phase), you may reveal 1 card in your hand; Banish 1 card of the same type (Monster, Spell, Trap) from your opponent's hand. If there were no cards of the declared type, banish the revealed card from your hand.

There, this should make it a bit more fair and less likely to both blow in your face and possibly have to reveal your entire hand to the opponent. I like the effect, but the current wording was a wee bit on the shaky side.

Could we get a Final Tribute for Shinto: King of a Higher Plain? Or does nobody else remember that one?

Shinato: King of a Higher Plane already has an effect. Anyways, back on topic to Zera:

It's effect is somewhat counterproductive, since it nukes the entire field when it's summoned, including itself, and you need to tribute a monster to gain the draw effect. Otherwise, still better than the original.

Shinato: King of a Higher Plane already has an effect. Anyways, back on topic to Zera:

It's effect is somewhat counterproductive, since it nukes the entire field when it's summoned, including itself, and you need to tribute a monster to gain the draw effect. Otherwise, still better than the original.

I was thinking of it more along the lines of Black Rose Dragon, where it's field nuking effect is optional.

I was thinking of it more along the lines of Black Rose Dragon, where it's field nuking effect is optional.

Yeah, I knew that was what you meant, but still. Why have the nuking effect in the first place if its secondary effect requires tributes?

Yeah, I knew that was what you meant, but still. Why have the nuking effect in the first place if its secondary effect requires tributes?

Garland, did you forget that almost every card that lets you draw 2 cards is either banned or limited? That's a good enough reason to use the second effect for me.

Archived