鮮やか夜の急速な星座 (`tellars)

dqaquFg.png

[spoiler=V1]

0fnoPgB.png

For brevity, Satellarknight will be abbreviated as SK.

Stick = Scepter & Chair = Sovereign. (I'm not used to calling them by these names tbh)

Main

2 Honest (pretty much for ATK boosts whenever needed)

3 SK Altair (revives dead stuff in the Graveyard and triggers things; plus a decent attacker when I cannot make the ED)

3 SK Deneb (searches stuff; think of it as RoTA 4-6)

3 SK Unuk (dump stuff for Altair to SS later)

1 SK Sirius (recycle dead 'tellars)

2 SK Vega (I was testing this at 3, but it tended to clog a bit late-game for me. I might drop a Procyon for the 3rd copy again)

3 Stick (searches Chair and can blow stuff up when I Xyz)

3 Chair (draw power, SSing and things)

1 Book of Moon

1 Instant Fusion (only using for Noden)

3 MST (Using it for backrow removal, and/or to clear away used Calls for space. Mostly for the former)

3 RoTA (self-explanatory)

1 Raigeki (field wipe)

1 SK Skybridge (basically using it to swap out other 'tellars and trigger new ones from Deck. Restriction doesn't bother me too much, as I probably will make Delteros or something the same turn. I was using 2 copies, but testing didn't work out nicely with the second.)

1 Bottomless (get rid of stuff)

3 Call of the Haunted (revival and loop things; however these can clog after a while)

1 Compulsory (bounce things away)

1 Mirror Force (more field wipes)

2 Fiendish Chain

3 Stellarnova Alpha (negation and things; mostly use it on the Level 4s to loop + revive)

ED

1 Noden (Revival, makes Xyz when needed or battle damage in certain cases)

3 SK Delteros (Opponent being unable to chain stuff when I NS/SS stuff is cool)

2 SK Diamond (Usually Rank-Up from Delteros/Ptolemaios)

2 SK Ptolemaios (Mostly using it for its Rank-Up; I rarely, if ever, use the 7 detach.)

1 Castel (Bounce stuff; staple)

1 CyDra Nova (only here because of Ptolemaios -> this -> Infinity)

1 CyDra Infinity (see above)

1 Evilswarm Ouroboros

1 Rhongomiant < 86 > (Most of the time, it's usually 3-4 mats; sometimes 2 if I only have the luxury of doing that)

1 ARK Knight < 101 > (It might pale in comparison to Castel, but it is still useful when needed)

1 Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon

[/spoiler]

Fiendish is helpful in mirror matches; usually having it block Vega or other SSing attempts (and partly Ptolemaios)

I was running Scale for a while, so more targets for Scepter; but didn't really work so well so that got cut.

I have considered using the Zefra ones, but not sure if they'd fit in here.

Still testing those on the side.

Ptolemaios is pretty much evil in this Deck; I mostly use it to SS Nova, then make Infinity (situation pending).

Tried Capella for a while, but isn't really helpful aside from Diamond plays.

-------

Mostly testing this on YGOPro; also easier to post the lists instead of doing a screenshot from PC.

So far, it works fine; but certainly can be improved. I usually end up dropping Delteros turn 1 or something [that, or Ptolemaios into Infinity]

(There are a few times when certain plays that I'd like to make can't be done, however)

CnC please.

It does set up for Altair plays and things like that; not quite sure why I'm not running any copies (though I generally haven't needed to use it).

Could probably cut the Sirius in there in exchange for two copies.

To be honest, I don't really use Sirius; yeah, my Grave generally fills up with 'tellars mid-game, but I don't draw him fast enough to really cycle things before I run out of targets for Deneb/RoTA to search. Probably a reason why I'm cutting it back down to 1 (or 0 if it's not worth it).

You have waaay too many monsters. If you're playing Seraphs (which I strongly advise against because they have a habit of bricking, you see hands like Unuk+Chair or Stick+Alpha and it's very mediocre and more difficult to properly get going, plus you lose a turn of normal summoning doing one or the other and it doesn't really speed anything up) then you should only really be playing 3 Deneb, 3(!) Altair, 1 Vega and 1 Unuk along with the 6 Seraphs, and if you're not I'd stick with 3 Deneb, 3 Altair, 2 Vega and 2 Unuk with a Thunder King. Honest's not terrible, but I'm not convinced.

Triverr's the best card in the extra deck because it can bounce away extra deck monsters, take a card out of their hand and, best of all, bounce your own Calls/Fiendish Chains. If you're struggling to make Triverr the solution is to change the deck so it can make it, not take out Triverr. 

If you really want to keep Seraphs in-

-2 Unuk

-1 Vega

-1 Sirius

-1 Skybridge (with 8 Tellars it's pretty poor)

-1 Compulse (mediocre-ass trap this format)

+1 Altair

+3 Mind Crush

+1 Fiendish

+1 Vanity's

For the extra

-1 Diamond (it's only good against some things and in a pinch you can Emeral it back)

-1 Delteros (cool card, but you don't make 3)

-1 101 (nowhere near as good as some other rank 4s)

-1 DRXD (mehhh)

+1 Emeral

+1 Rhapsody in Berserk (this card is awesome!)

+1 Triverr

+1 Constellar Omega (great card, even better with Diamond)

If you're cutting Seraphs

-3 Stick

-3 Chair

-1 Unuk

-1 Sirius

-1 Skybridge (meh)

-1 Compulse

+1 Altair

+1 Thunder King

+3 Mind Crush

+1 Fiendish

+1 Vanity's

+1 Oasis of the Dragon Souls (3 Call is awesome, 4 is even better)

+2 Duality (now that's how you get to Deneb)

Extra

-1 Ouroboros

-1 DRXD

-1 101

-2 Delteros (it's kinda mediocre without Seraphs and most of the time you want Triverr)

-1 Diamond

+2 Triverr

+1 Emeral

+1 Rhapsody

+1 Constellar Omega 

+1 Lavalval Chain (only if you want to side Spell Canceller, which is well worth it imo)

To be honest, Chair is a hindrance at times; since the 3-mat restriction kills me a bit at times (unless I make Delteros or Ptolemaios properly.)

SSing is nice, but I have to get it off of either Scepter or another Sovereign/Chair.

I didn't add Duality because the SS lock does screw up Altair/Vega plays when I need it.

-------

Ideally, I want a build that can run at its optimal best, so probably pure 'tellars if I need to.

Why I decided to cut an Altair out is beyond me; it revives stuff and I'll be more than likely to have something to revive when he comes around.

Oasis is another revival card though; Wyrm-Typing is weird though and will screw up 86 plays, but that's not really important (unless I really want to summon him for whatever reason).

I don't use the 3rd Delteros to be honest [summoning-wise]; maybe outside of attaching stuff to Ptolemaios if I made it using the 2-mat way.

-------

TBH, I'm not really used to playing with Decks with less than 16 or so monsters (more/less on the fact that I worry about not drawing monsters; although there is considerable backrow if needed).

I did have that other 'tellarknight Trap Card, but it sucked so I didn't use it after 1-2 matches.

For now, I'll go with the no Seraph version; although I'll give the other version a try and see which one I feel comfortable with.

12 monsters is kinda awkward, but there's a ton of search power.

That, and I'd like to have a flexible Extra Deck, because there aren't going to be a lot of times where I can afford to make the 3-mats.

Archived