Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015

Agro

Might as well have a general topic for this, right?

E3 starts on Sunday.

Where, what, with whom, and on what site will you watch?

Spike is doing Microsoft and EA, so I'll probably use that so I don't have to worry about the stream cutting out. Was def gonna do Twitch for the rest, but I'm considering YouTube because I like their player and I'm thinking it might have a better connection.

I don't really go through other sites like IGN or GameSpot, but I guess that's an option as well.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what the general gaming communities feelings are on E3. It seems like Nintendo has been the focal point for a little while now, but I'm not sure how true that is.

But yea, Nintendo HYPE. Even more hype is that Nintendo is starting up new early with the Sakurai video on the 14th.

I wonder what the general gaming communities feelings are on E3.

Excitement.
Disappointment at how many games have leaked out beforehand.
Those who have to go are both looking forward to it and likely not looking forward to the work it takes to cover it.
It's generally a positive viewing, albeit an understanding that it is a type of thing that may be phased out in later years.
There's the importance of getting the game into people's hands, but the trade show part of it, some of the business aspects of it is considered soon-to-be obsolete.

I should probably note that I'm spending E3 daydrinking with friends.

I'm actually not even excited this year. There is nothing I'm really looking forward to. Maybe because anything interesting shown this year wouldn't come out until next year at the earliest.

1218470-thumb-288xauto-1054615.jpg

Totes gonna be 2015 release.

Nintendo wins already.  No amount of pre-rendered cut-scenes can top this s***.

Seriously, this was only day 1, Nintendo hasn't even had their conference yet, and I'm blown away. That was just so much fun to watch.

Seriously, this was only day 1, Nintendo hasn't even had their conference yet, and I'm blown away. That was just so much fun to watch.

And yet we'll still hear the inevitable panning from people either saying they "weren't at E3" or straight up denying they exist. 

I feel like a lot of people think Nintendo has already won. Surprise Smash DLC and a cult classic coming to the US would be highlights in their normal conference, let alone things to kick off the week with. When you add the World Championship Nintendo wants to reestablish itself as the place to game.

Archived