Monster Hunter: The Stories Yet to be Told (OOC/Accepting/PG-16)

So I gotta ask. What are we supposed to do about the preferred hunter team thing? I mean we don't know much info about it. ^^;

Hunters work together in groups of 4, 2 hunters and their palicos.  For my first IC post, i will assign teams, the preferred team thing is just so i can get an idea of who wants to go where!  Is that good enough an explanation?  

Hunters work together in groups of 4, 2 hunters and their palicos.  For my first IC post, i will assign teams, the preferred team thing is just so i can get an idea of who wants to go where!  Is that good enough an explanation?  

I gotcha. I just don't know where to put my character as preferred...

[spoiler=First huntress in the rp! | VERY WIP]

Name: Crystal Serafini

[spoiler=Appearance] 5611aadc95de8c1953ed8c2ec4d82f45_origina

Height: 1.75 meters

Weight: 65 kg

[spoiler=Personality | EMPTY RN]

[spoiler=Weapon] Her weapon is a Hunting Horn called Vermillion Dawn. It is very similar to the Queen's Flute hunting horn, but colored with various shades of red (mostly vermillion and scarlet) and ornate with golden roses.

[spoiler=Armor] She wears a more ornate version of the Maiden Armor, mainly white and black, but with various gold decors and a few pearl roses as decor.

Preferred Hunting Team: Idk, but i really liked CowCow's character so i might go with his character.

It's quite WIP since it's missing all the personality thing. I can't think much of it, the only thing that i know is that i want her to have royal origins of some sort.

[spoiler=First huntress in the rp! | VERY WIP]

Name: Crystal Serafini

[spoiler=Appearance] 5611aadc95de8c1953ed8c2ec4d82f45_origina

Height: 1.75 meters

Weight: 65 kg

[spoiler=Personality | EMPTY RN]

[spoiler=Weapon] Her weapon is a Hunting Horn called Vermillion Dawn. It is very similar to the Queen's Flute hunting horn, but colored with various shades of red (mostly vermillion and scarlet) and ornate with golden roses.

[spoiler=Armor] She wears a more ornate version of the Maiden Armor, mainly white and black, but with various gold decors and a few pearl roses as decor.

Preferred Hunting Team: Idk, but i really liked CowCow's character so i might go with his character.

It's quite WIP since it's missing all the personality thing. I can't think much of it, the only thing that i know is that i want her to have royal origins of some sort.

There isn't royalty, just the Leaders of Hunters Guilds who also lead the villages....You might be able to descend from a wealthy trader (sort of like a duke that helps with Hunters Guild Expenses in return for protection)

You're also missing your palico stuff, and i'll need more info for your hunting horn!  

There isn't royalty, just the Leaders of Hunters Guilds who also lead the villages....You might be able to descend from a wealthy trader (sort of like a duke that helps with Hunters Guild Expenses in return for protection)

You're also missing your palico stuff, and i'll need more info for your hunting horn!  

I said that it was WIP so i'll be working on it

[spoiler=Xero]

Name: Xero Devetzi

[spoiler=Appearance]

Angle 1: http://i.imgur.com/j1ePU4v.jpg

Angle 2: http://i.imgur.com/hM1SIFp.jpg

A slightly below average girl at 5'3", Xero has a greater weight than most non-Hunter girls her height and age because of her muscular build and bone mass, weighing in at 145 lb, making her officially overweight according to the BMI. Her body is naturally mesomorph, more so than some of the boys at the academy, and she works to keep it that way through a strict exercise regimen.

With naturally tanned skin, white hair, and blue eyes, she has a bit of an exotic look except for the color of her eyes, which hints at a Western heritage. She tends to be expressionless, but can look fierce during combat.

[spoiler=Personality]

Born to a couple that migrated across the waves to Craglyph, Xero inherited their no-nonsense survival instincts and has the tendency to look over her shoulder often. However, her parents often liken her to her grandparents, who were both mainland hunters. Her grandfather was killed by a Gigginox and her grandmother killed it and used its parts for armor as revenge, armor that was passed down to Xero as her parents never became hunters themselves. Her weapon, a switch axe called Bastion Blitz, was passed down from her grandfather.

Xero is a tomboy through and through. She despises being seen as girly yet is also keenly against being seen as a boy. She would rather be seen as a hunter, a guardian of Craglyph. Because of this, she tends to work day and night to keep herself in shape, and was at the top of her class when it came to fitness and combat, not through "natural ability" as most of her peers tried to pass it off as, but through sheer hard work. The only thing that seems to come to her naturally is her ability to switch between axe and sword, making the switch axe a perfect weapon for her.

Tough and unafraid to get dirty, Xero was treated in one extreme or the other at the academy. Those that believed girls should stay at home, or act more feminine, disliked her. However, most of those that came from hunter families accepted and respected her. Because of her "protector" instincts, Xero was seen as an idol when people weren't cursing her name. While the attention bothered her, Xero decided to just continue working hard to become a hunter worthy of praise.

[spoiler=Equipment]

Weapon: [switch Axe/Bastion Blitz] A switch axe that looks like a giant molar, it can switch between sword and axe. It's an upgraded version of the starting bone axe, and has a fair amount of maximum sharpness. The sword mode uses a paralysis phial, but lasts for a limited amount of time. It lacks a guard, however, and mobility is rather limited when wielding this.

Armor: [swordsman/Gigginox] Armor made from a Gigginox. It values speed and mobility over defense. While weak to fire and dragons, it resists thunder and ice. The helmet protects the wearer from monster roars and the top of the mail ends in two sharp claws.

Preferred Hunter Team: Xero doesn't care, she just says: "Let's hunt some monsters!"

[spoiler=Fuma]

Name: Fuma

Forte: Ranged

[spoiler=Appearance]

http://i.imgur.com/95k8XKR.png

A siamese with darker tabby markings on his limbs and deep blue eyes like his master, Fuma prefers wearing what he calls "ninja cat clothes."

[spoiler=Personality]

Rather eccentric and obsessed with the idea of being a "ninja," though where he learned the term nobody knows. Fuma prefers to hide in the shadows and scuttle from cover to cover when he moves. He calls Xero "my lord" despite her gender, because apparently she is the daimyo to his servant. Despite what he professes to be a master-servant relationship, he often uses his "lord" as a meatshield. A coward, he prefers to attack from afar and often runs away when things look bad, returning at the end of the fight with a sheepish expression.

I have no experience with Monster Hunter and I just based the equipment off the picture so tell me if too OP and I'll nerf 'em or say she can't/won't use 'em yet idk.

Also I don't really have a preferred team so just put Xero wherever she's needed. XD

[spoiler=Xero]

Name: Xero Devetzi

[spoiler=Appearance]

Angle 1: http://i.imgur.com/j1ePU4v.jpg

Angle 2: http://i.imgur.com/hM1SIFp.jpg

A slightly below average girl at 5'3", Xero has a greater weight than most non-Hunter girls her height and age because of her muscular build and bone mass, weighing in at 145 lb, making her officially overweight according to the BMI. Her body is naturally mesomorph, more so than some of the boys at the academy, and she works to keep it that way through a strict exercise regimen.

With naturally tanned skin, white hair, and blue eyes, she has a bit of an exotic look except for the color of her eyes, which hints at a Western heritage.

[spoiler=Personality]

Born to a couple that migrated across the waves to Craglyph, Xero inherited their no-nonsense survival instincts and has the tendency to look over her shoulder often. However, her parents often liken her to her grandparents, who were both mainland hunters. Her grandfather was killed by a Gigginox and her grandmother killed it and used its parts for armor as revenge, armor that was passed down to Xero as her parents never became hunters themselves. Her weapon, a switch axe called Bastion Blitz, was passed down from her grandfather.

Xero is a tomboy through and through. She despises being seen as girly yet is also keenly against being seen as a boy. She would rather be seen as a hunter, a guardian of Craglyph. Because of this, she tends to work day and night to keep herself in shape, and was at the top of her class when it came to fitness and combat, not through "natural ability" as most of her peers tried to pass it off as, but through sheer hard work. The only thing that seems to come to her naturally is her ability to switch between axe and sword, making the switch axe a perfect weapon for her.

Tough and unafraid to get dirty, Xero was treated in one extreme or the other at the academy. Those that believed girls should stay at home, or act more feminine, disliked her. However, most of those that came from hunter families accepted and respected her. Because of her "protector" instincts, Xero was seen as an idol when people weren't cursing her name. While the attention bothered her, Xero decided to just continue working hard to become a hunter worthy of praise. Tends to be expressionless, but can look fierce during combat.

[spoiler=Equipment]

Weapon: [switch Axe/Bastion Blitz] A switch axe that looks like a giant molar, it can switch between sword and axe. It's an upgraded version of the starting bone axe, and has a fair amount of maximum sharpness. The sword mode uses a paralysis phial, but lasts for a limited amount of time. It lacks a guard, however, and mobility is rather limited when wielding this.

Armor: [swordsman/Gigginox] Armor made from a Gigginox. It values speed and mobility over defense. While weak to fire and dragons, it resists thunder and ice. The helmet protects the wearer from monster roars and the top of the mail ends in two sharp claws.

Preferred Hunter Team: Xero doesn't care, she just says: "Let's hunt some monsters!"

[spoiler=Fuma]

Name: Fuma

Forte: Ranged

[spoiler=Appearance]

http://i.imgur.com/95k8XKR.png

A siamese with darker tabby markings on his limbs and deep blue eyes like his master, Fuma prefers wearing what he calls "ninja cat clothes."

[spoiler=Personality]

Rather eccentric and obsessed with the idea of being a "ninja," though where he learned the term nobody knows. Fuma prefers to hide in the shadows and scuttle from cover to cover when he moves. He calls Xero "my lord" despite her gender, because apparently she is the daimyo to his servant. Despite what he professes to be a master-servant relationship, he often uses his "lord" as a meatshield. A coward, he prefers to attack from afar and often runs away when things look bad, returning at the end of the fight with a sheepish expression.

I have no experience with Monster Hunter and I just based the equipment off the picture so tell me if too OP and I'll nerf 'em or say she can't/won't use 'em yet idk.

Also I don't really have a preferred team so just put Xero wherever she's needed. XD

Awesome app!  Your weapon and armor seem great, no need for nerfs!  Accepted :D!  

OK, eventhough I have almost zero knowledge of the game, other than some basic mechanics, this still look very interesting. Still, I have a few questions, newbie kind of questions:

1. About rule 3, how often do i need to post my piece of the story (assuming if my app was accepted)? Time is not on my side here, so I appreciate if you let me know in order to plan this out carefully.

2. Do we have a proofreader? Take turn proofreading? Or do we have to find one ourselves?

3. Oh, right... Any obscenities or subjects that should be avoided? 

Well, that's about all the questions that I have... for now. :)

Archived