Gun, Swordsman of the Ice Barrier

Sander

PJsa9gf.png

Gun, Swordsman of the Ice Barrier
Level 5 / WATER
Warrior / Synchro / Effect
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner WATER monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can discard any number of cards from your hand; destroy cards on the field up to the number of cards discarded this way, then draw 1 card. This card can attack twice during each Battle Phase.
2200 / 1800

Gun=Swordsman

????????????????

It's just a name.

Anyways, it's a nice card, and I'm glad to see Ice Barrier get more cards to use. Not entirely sure how this relates to the archetype, though.

Brionac / Gungnir / Trishula only relate to the "Ice Barrier" archetype by the "Ice Barrier" in their names. Same case in here.

I would definitely use this in my Fish-Type Nimble deck. It would be very easy to summon, with say Fishborg Archer and any Nimble, and the effect is amazing too. It is effectively a better Gungnir: It doesn't target, you can discard any amount, and it replenishes your hand slightly. The only disadvantage being that you can only do it when Synchro Summoned. Being able to attack twice allows it to swing for a hefty 4400 after you destroy your opponent's cards.

I think it is too overpowered currently. My suggestions are:

Make the first effect compulsory, so you have to discard at least 1 card from your hand. If your opponent doesn't control any cards, you have to destroy 1 of your own.

Have a simple "This card must be face up on the Field to activate and to resolve this effect" clause so it could be stopped by a chained Raigeki Break etc.

Make it target.

Make the double attack be only if it destroyed a monster by battle, so you would have to not destroy all of your opponent's monsters with Gunn's effect if you wanted it.

Overall though, it's a cool card and I do like it.

Archived