Harpie Lady Support

TF2_The_Scout

All artwork was found on Google Images

[spoiler=Harpie Hunter]

4gjkcc6.jpg

During either player's Damage Step, when a "Harpie" monster you control battles: you can send this card from your Hand to the Graveyard; that monster gains 1000 ATK until the end of this turn. If this card is destroyed(by battle or by card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 level 4 "Harpie" monster from your Deck in Attack Position, except "Harpie Hunter".

Don't we all love Honest and all his clones?

[spoiler=Harpie Princess]

Vf5sbwx.jpg

If this card is summoned by the effect of a "Harpie" or "Hysteric" card, you can Normal Summon 1 "Harpie" monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set, except "Harpie Princess". This card's name is "Harpie Lady" while on the field and in the Graveyard.

The whole idea for this card is swarm power, which is something Harpies do well.

[spoiler=Harpie Lady Spirit]

SioBLpz.jpg

3 level 4 "Harpie" monsters

While this card has a Material attached to it, "Harpie" cards cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn: You can detach 1 material from this card; Shuffle 3 "Harpie" cards in your Graveyard into your Deck and draw 1 card.

This card adds an additional safety net for Harpies, along with Pet Phantasmal. It allows them to dodge Raigeki and Mirror Force, and allows them to replenish their deck.

[spoiler=Harpie's Roar]

sDlz0Wo.jpg

If you control "Harpie's Pet Dragon": Destroy all Spell/Trap cards on the field. You cannot activate Spell/Trap cards the turn this effect is activated.

This card gives more of a reason to run Pet Dragon, other than for rank 7 plays. The thought behind this card was to give Harpies their own version of Burst Stream of Destruction while staying in their play style.

[spoiler=Hysteric Parade]

kc6SauK.jpg

When your opponent declares a direct attack: Special Summon any number of level 4 or lower "Harpie" monsters from your Deck with different names. Your opponent draws 1 card for every monster summoned by this effect.

An alternate way to save your life when that random Raigeki is played. I couldn't come up with a greater drawback to this card, so the draw 1 part is just tagged on as that.

EDIT: the problem with the images has been fixed

These are pretty alright. If I cared more about the winged aerobics instructors and their support, I would run these like nobody's business.

What in particular do you like about the cards?

-----

Harpies aren't a Deck that I'm familiar with, outside of outdated versions pre-support (and getting my work cut out against the YGOPro AI), but let's see how this goes. 

Hunter is an Honest clone, like you mentioned, and floats when it dies; which helps to trigger Hunting Ground.

Princess adds to the swarming, which helps for Phantasmal/Spirit (and more Hunting Ground S/T pops). 

Spirit doesn't protect from Castel (as much as we'd all like to block him), but Raigeki and other sweep destruction is blocked, so it helps. 

From what I remember, they do fill up the Graveyard a lot, so recycling is nice.

Roar is basically a specific Heavy Storm that blocks you from activating Traps.

That and the fact you need the original dragon out, which isn't exactly the best thing to be keeping out aside from using it as Xyz fodder for a R7. 

For Parade, I am a bit iffy on its SSing from Deck effect; since those are things that should be dealt with carefully. 

However, your opponent does get a couple draws, and monsters have to be different, so I suppose it's okay. 

What in particular do you like about the cards?

-----

Harpies aren't a Deck that I'm familiar with, outside of outdated versions pre-support (and getting my work cut out against the YGOPro AI), but let's see how this goes. 

Hunter is an Honest clone, like you mentioned, and floats when it dies; which helps to trigger Hunting Ground.

Princess adds to the swarming, which helps for Phantasmal/Spirit (and more Hunting Ground S/T pops). 

Spirit doesn't protect from Castel (as much as we'd all like to block him), but Raigeki and other sweep destruction is blocked, so it helps. 

From what I remember, they do fill up the Graveyard a lot, so recycling is nice.

Roar is basically a specific Heavy Storm that blocks you from activating Traps.

That and the fact you need the original dragon out, which isn't exactly the best thing to be keeping out aside from using it as Xyz fodder for a R7. 

For Parade, I am a bit iffy on its SSing from Deck effect; since those are things that should be dealt with carefully. 

However, your opponent does get a couple draws, and monsters have to be different, so I suppose it's okay.

Thank you for your time. Yes, Harpies do put a lot in the graveyard. Examples of this would be Kuribandit(whose good for putting up to 5 Harpies in the grave for swarming) and how a lot of Harpie effects discard as a cost(Channeler and Queen). Roar was created with the intent on running the Rank 7 engine, which is a play style I'm more familiar with.

Archived