[Finished]Zerpant's "I have to make THAT?!" Contest! [Done Judging! Scores are up, feel free to ask and dispute]

ÆƵ–

Hey all! I'm Zerpant, as you may or may not know, and this here is my first attempt at hosting and judging a contest! If I happen to make a mistake somewhere along the way, let me know~

First off, Entry is free and open to all. You can, however, donate points to the pot if you do so choose. I will also be accepting Judges, since I will most likely require some help here.

Second, Your Task is to make an archetype of 3-5 cards based on what I get when I put your username into this thingy here. You can have 1 "reroll" if you wish, but you have to wait 24 hours for the new specifications.

Third, please Submit your entry By July 31st 23:59 PST. You are allowed to edit your entry between whenever you post them and the deadline, but please don't do a complete overhaul. Written cards are perfectly alright~

Fourth, Prizes!

1st place receives 50% of pot + 3 Reps
2nd place receives 25% of pot + 2 Reps
3rd place receives 12.5% of pot + 1 Rep

Fifth, Judges and their Criteria!

• Myself, Aquatic Ether Zerpant

[spoiler=Zerpant Grading]

• Balance: X/50 (Balance is an important part of any card. Keep this in mind when making your cards!)
  • Flavor: X/40 (Is there a clear, interesting connection between the cards? I like stories if you can incorporate them, but don't make more than a paragraph if you do make a story.)
  • OCG: X/10 (Can I understand what the heck the card is saying? PSCT is preferred, but I can make do with the older version as well)

Sixth, the Pot!

• [spoiler=Pot]4020 Points (Thanks to Philemon and Dramatic Crossroad)

Finally, The Entrants!

• All persons and their entries will go here
  • Enɢuin; EARTH Sea Serpent Tribute Summoning
  • JustYui; LIGHT Spellcaster Synchro Summoning; Entry
  • GarlandChaos; LIGHT Plant Fusion Summoning; Entry
  • James Muddy; DARK Spellcaster Xyz Summoning DARK Machine Fusion Summoning; Entry
  • Gadjiltron; WIND Spellcaster Gemini Summoning; Entry
  • Wildflame; WIND Winged-Beast Pendulum Summoning; Entry
  • Forest Fire; DARK Beast-Warrior Gemini Summoning FIRE Machine Ritual Summoning; Entry
  • Tinkerer; EARTH Beast Fusion Summoning LIGHT Zombie Flip Summoning; Entry
  • Tyretian; FIRE Psychic Synchro Summoning WIND Zombie Fusion Summoning; Entry
  • Cosmo.; WIND Insect Flip Summoning LIGHT Reptile Normal Summoning; Entry
  • Xander Royce; WIND Fiend Flip Summoning; Entry
  • Tojin; FIRE Dragon Normal Summoning WATER Dinosaur Gemini Summoning; Entry
  • Yemachu; WATER Winged Beast Tribute Summoning; Entry
  • Philemon; DARK Thunder Pendulum Summoning DARK Fiend Fusion Summoning; Entry
  • hectorbastida; WATER Insect Normal Summoning
  • Dramatic Crossroad; EARTH Aqua Pendulum Summoning
  • Neo New Faytality; EARTH Reptile Fusion Summoning; Entry
  • U.A. Manager Progenitor; FIRE Aqua Fusion Summoning; Entry
  • Nekroz Kaleidoscope; FIRE Rock Flip Summoning 
  • Anonymous; DARK Rock Fusion Summoning; Entry

Alright, I do believe that is it. If you have any questions about anything, let me know! And good luck to all those who enter~

2ylrIpI.png

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in.

Woohoo, more people! Added to OP and here are your specifications

JustYui uses a LIGHT-attribute Spellcaster-type deck. Their deck focuses on Synchro Summoning.

What kind of ridiculous concept is this. I demand a retrial.

I know it seems weird, but that's exactly the point! I made a FIRE Thunder-Type Tribute Summoning archetype because of this thing, and it was pretty fun. C'mon, I know you can do it, I believe in you!

I'm in. Hit me with your best shot.

I'll join too!

Awesome, both in and added to OP. Specifications are

GarlandChaos uses a LIGHT-attribute Plant-type deck. Their deck focuses on Fusion Summoning.

JamesMuddy uses a DARK-attribute Spellcaster-type deck. Their deck focuses on Xyz Summoning.

I believe in me also. However I am working with literally no cards that exist within my criteria.

That is true, which is exactly why I made the requirements for multiple cards. I bet you could make a wonderful 3-5 card EARTH Sea Serpant Tribute summoning archetype. However, if you don't feel up to that task, I'm afraid we'll have to wait a day for a new deck type. 

I'm... Pretty sure I have the easiest job ever.

yeah, seeing as Gagagas and Dark Magicians are a thing. But remember, flavor is a huge part of your grading, and making more gagagas and DMs is a taste I'd rather not have

Actually... I'm going to wait until tomorrow to get something new. Sounds weird, but I can't think of anything that hasn't been done with those guys.

Alright, will do! Also that reminds me I need top put a limit on retrys in the OP.

Oh boy, this looks intriguing.

I'm in, hit me.

Both in and added! Specifications are

Gadjiltron uses a WIND-attribute Spellcaster-type deck. Their deck focuses on Gemini Summoning.

Wildflame uses a WIND-attribute Winged Beast-type deck. Their deck focuses on Pendulum Summoning.

Actually... I'm going to wait until tomorrow to get something new. Sounds weird, but I can't think of anything that hasn't been done with those guys.

It's a new day, and that means your reroll is ready! Specifications are

JamesMuddy uses a DARK-attribute Machine-type deck. Their deck focuses on Fusion Summoning.

why not?

Totally in this. C'mon super randomness!!

Both accepted! Specifications are

Forest Fire uses a DARK-attribute Beast-Warrior-type deck. Their deck focuses on Gemini Summoning.

Tinkerer uses a EARTH-attribute Beast-type deck. Their deck focuses on Fusion Summoning.

Yes please! This sounds fun!

Randomness power activate!

I'm in.

Also accepted! Specifications:

Tyretian uses a FIRE-attribute Psychic-type deck. Their deck focuses on Synchro Summoning.

Cosmo. uses a WIND-attribute Insect-type deck. Their deck focuses on Flip Summoning.

Xander Royce uses a WIND-attribute Fiend-type deck. Their deck focuses on Flip Summoning.

Archived