The Dark Tower series

Thar

I've read them before, and had been slowly in the process of rereading them. 

My issue with the series (Beyond it requiring somewhat of a decent knowledge of King's other works. Which isn't bad as much as it is irritating), is that the first book is actually kinds hard to get into, at least for me. 

Like I flashed through the next books, and I did love them, but uuuurgh The Gunslinger was such a hard read. I didn't engage with it that much, the writing was a little less refined than the rest of the series (Understandable given how young he was when he wrote it, but still. It makes me wish he'd rewrite the thing to make it better).

The Audiobook is probably a little better, but yeah. The first was just a hard read for me 

The Audiobook is probably a little better, but yeah. The first was just a hard read for me 

Yeah, the audiobook was much better for me if not for the reader's voice. He gave it that dark twist that did it justice.

I admit, I kinda dosed off during the flashback segments where Roland trained to be a gunslinger, but in the end, it was nice to get some background on the guy. He seemed very shady and mysterious.

I'll definitely agree, the ending left a little to be desired, but as a whole, The Dark Tower is excellent, and I highly recommend listening to or reading each of the seven books, as well as "The Wind Through the Keyhole", which acts as a bridge between Wizard & Glass and Wolves of Calla

Archived