[PKMN] Tournament of Legends [OoC]

Hey Chaos Sonic if it wouldn't be too much of a hassle would you be able to refer to Mewtwo by "Mewtwo" and not just "Mew" since Tayla's character is Mew's Guardian and I got really confused for a bit there.

Of course don't need to do that I'm no host but just a little thing I noticed. ^^;

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same character actually, I couldn't let her go away that easily~

If you check the app there's also a reference to Emily.

Please tell me it was the last line of the background, because if so.... SHIPPING INTENSIFIES

Also my app should be 100% finished now

Hey Chaos Sonic if it wouldn't be too much of a hassle would you be able to refer to Mewtwo by "Mewtwo" and not just "Mew" since Tayla's character is Mew's Guardian and I got really confused for a bit there.

Of course don't need to do that I'm no host but just a little thing I noticed. ^^;

This is a justifiable request, though I will point out one thing that may help ease future confusion. The Mew that my character has with him is known as 'Mistress Mew' (or sometimes just calling her 'Mistress') and will always be referred to as such, even by the other Pokemon in his party.

[spoiler=The Mermaid]

Name: Marie Pacifica Jubileus ( Normally called Marie)

Nicknames: The Princess of Tides

[spoiler=Appearance] Karneval-cosplay-Kiichi-cosplay-shoes-Ve

Height: 1.75 metres

Weight: 60 kg

[spoiler=Personality]

Marie is a very mature person, she doesn't like unfairness and hates the a**holes who brag when they win. She despite working in a circus, is a person who prefers to stay alone. She's quiet, and would prefer staying at home reading rather than going out partying. She always somehow looks flawless and full of grace, in any situation. Even though she's one of the youngest in the circus, she's also a mentor to them and could also be considered the "mother" of the group. Despite that, she doesn't mind learning new things from others, to add to her pool of knowledge.

Although there's a reason why she's called the "Princess of Tides" and both are not only related to her powers but to her personality as well. Princess because she always gets what she wants. And of tides, because, like tides she changes, one day she's the usual calm person, the other is the cold hearted princess which likes insulting people, then the day after she apologizes to everyone, other members of the circus got used to it, but others might get thrown off by this fact. Marie is also very very smart, she has knowledge on a lot of stuff.

[spoiler=Background]

Marie's parents are the owners of her travelling circus, and since she was born she was travelling from town to town. She started doing shows at around 10 years of age and was the little mascot. Since the traveling, the only friends she had where the other members of the circus, but she didn't mind, everyone was unique and lovable. One day, when she was 11, they were staying longer than usual at a town. It was a mountain town, near a lake. She was watching the scenery, when the water started moving, a majestic creature was now gracefully jumping on the water mirror, the legendary creature Suicune was standing in front of her. She didn't immediately react, she just stood there, both staring at each other. Suicune wasn't scared, the pokemon actually got closer. A bond was created, the pokémon chose her, pure of heart as its guardian. To never miss the pokémon, Marie catched it and then despite being genderless named Suicune Athena.

Instantly with the catch of the pokémon, some of her abilities started taking form, making use of them in the shows, she became one of the main stars. Her water manipulation always charmed. The circus because of that changed a bit, it now travelled only in coastal towns, because of the high level of water. Another specialty of the circus was that, during each show, they would pick a random person in the public to challenge in a battle. Marie was one of the most powerful. That's why when they arrived to Archanum Island for a show, Marie decided to stay for the tournament.

Title: Guardian (Suicune)

[spoiler=Abilities]

Telepathy: She can communicate with Athena telepathically.

Water Manipulation: Being the guardian of a water legendary, she gained water manipulating powers, almost as if she was a water pokémon. Although, she only uses it for the circus performances or when in danger, never in pokemon battles

[spoiler=Pokémon]

Athena the Suicune | Ability: Water Absorb | Blizzard | Calm Mind | Aurora Beam | Dive 

Arcana the Gothitelle | Female | Ability: Shadow Tag | Thunderbolt | Psychic | Future Sight | Shadow Ball

Scylla the Milotic | Female | Ability: Cute Charm | Toxic | Aqua Ring | Scald | Hydro Pump

Sonata the Ampharos | Female | Item: Ampharosite | Ability: Static | Thunder | Volt Switch | Thunder Wave | Rain Dance

Odette the Swanna | Female | Ability: Keen Eye | Surf | Roost | Fly | Brave Bird

Olympia the Aegislash | Female | Ability: Stance Change | Sacred Sword | King's Shield | Shadow Claw | Aerial Ace

[spoiler=Inventory]

Mega Charm= Her megastone used to megaevolve pokemon

Potions

[spoiler=Other]

[spoiler= Marie's Theme] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDtDouQBd6Q

[spoiler=Athena's Theme]

[spoiler=Battle Theme]

• She always carries the book Alice in Wonderland with her, and has read it at least 60 times.
  • She loves coffee.

Hydreigon and I have some concerns about your character. For one thing, her personality conflicts pretty heavily. She "hates unfairness" and yet she "always get what she wants." I realize that this could have been intentional because of her shifting personality, but it seems very underdeveloped and sloppily put together. The background, likewise, is problematic.This section seems incomplete and very rushed. You give us a lot of glimpses into her life, but I don't feel like I actually understand her. At this point, it's all just random snapshots. Also, while you don't need to describe how you got each and everyone of your pokemon, we would like to know how she came about being a trainer at all. It was kind of just thrown in that she was a good Pokemon battler, but it wasn't ever explained how she got so good and how she got started doing it.

My final complaint is the water manipulation. For one thing, it doesn't really fit suicune. Yes it's a water type Pokemon, but by that reasoning Hydreigon's character should be able to manipulate water as well on account of Palkia being a water type. Suicune, we feel, is more about purity than the actual water itself. Additionally, the abilities that Guardians develop are not supposed to be that powerful, especially on their own. So we urge you to definitely rethink your character's abilities. 

Additionally, the abilities that Guardians develop are not supposed to be that powerful, especially on their own.

Except for one, maybe two slam-dunk cases, this has been true across the board for the various Guardians. After seeing the movie with Suicune in it, I would agree that purity of water is probably the best thing associated with the Pokemon. Such could be translated into possibly bestowing a specialized kind of healing, purifying water and blood of various illnesses/bacteria and poisons/toxins.

EDIT: And I finally figured out a post for my Legend Hunter. Inspiration got bricked on her for a bit...

Such could be translated into possibly bestowing a specialized kind of healing, purifying water and blood of various illnesses/bacteria and poisons/toxins.

This is a really cool idea! I would totally support something like this!

I think i can work on that, i'll see what i can figure out

Thank you for being so gracious, I was afraid I might have been a bit harsh

I am very behind in this RP right now(I know, pretty comforting coming from the mouth of one of the hosts, right?) . Hopefully I'll catch up on all the posts tomorrow and hopefully get a post in. My apologies to Seth and Hyde who are currently waiting on my characters!

No, it's okay Ren, don't worry about it. I have no right to be upset when I'm being so frigging slow with the collab. QQ

How is the collab coming, btw? I would really hate to make it so you and Cowcow can't show off what you've been working so long

How is the collab coming, btw? I would really hate to make it so you and Cowcow can't show off what you've been working so long

The battle is only just starting, but we should be able to at least get a good chunk of it done. Remind us when the deadline is approaching and we can wrap it up wherever we're at.

The battle is only just starting, but we should be able to at least get a good chunk of it done. Remind us when the deadline is approaching and we can wrap it up wherever we're at.

Well I mean the deadline is the 18th which is tomorrow. I'm not planning on advancing the plot until the 19th so you'll have all of today and all of tomorrow to get done whatever it is that you need to get done

Archived