[Sakura] Flash Step Pegasus

vYaGMxk.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can only use the (2) effect of "Flash Step Pegasus" once per turn.
(1) When this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.
(2) You can target 1 face-up card on the field; negate its effects.

[spoiler=V1]

Vl7Oe8H.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can only use the (2) effect of "Flash Step Pegasus" once per turn.
(1) When this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.
(2) You can target 1 face-up card on the field; negate its effects until the End Phase.

Change Log

- Buffed ATK to 2500 and made negation permanent. (Still hard OPT during your turn only).

Intended as a generic Level 6 Synchro that can negate things in a similar manner to Breakthrough Skill (except it can hit S/Ts, or even Pendulum Scales).

I originally had that (2) effect as triggerable during either player's turn (kind of like BTS), but opted not to do it given its improved range over said card.

That, and somewhat similar to Armades (bar monster effects); actually more on the lines of Ancient Gear stuff.

----------

Image-wise, I am aware this is from CFV (although I have no idea which card it originally comes from, and didn't find out this fact until later on).

As a whole, it does fit the theme that I wanted to do in here.

Now you know, but grade on the effect/design; not whether or not the card is using an image from another card game.

It's not like we've already done it otherwise.

----------

As a ruling note, you are perfectly welcome to use images that are used in other card games for your stuff, if they meet your vision of the card.

If you inadvertently use it without knowing about the other games, then don't worry about it.

----------

Anyway, CnC.

(I'll put this up on Duel Portal in a little while)

Really mediocre.

The S/T protection, while not irrelevant, is nothing too special. Not a major enough edge, and likely never will be again.

The negate isn't a quick effect, and that makes it just worse than Metaphys Horus on the whole, and that's not even one of the top 3 generic 6s (Red Wyvern, Nothung, Psyhemuth), but is broken as funk in Pendulums. Sure, Horus is 1-use, but it's permanent

Also 2300 like Horus.

It just doesn't do anything special to put it over other 6s.

The main thing that I'm trying to avoid here is making it too overpowering for Level 6s.

Although I can change its 2nd effect to trigger during either player's turn, if that'll do anything worth noting.

I worry about it being too abusable, given it triggers like BTS, but has more targets that it can hit. (Although last time I checked, BTS isn't being run as much in the presence of Fiendish Chain and stuff).

That, or just make it negate card effects when it strikes; although that would be copying Armades. (Can probably look into doing that)

Stat-wise, can boost it to 2400-2500.

-----

For now, I'll buff its ATK a bit to 2500, so it has a more offensive edge, in addition to having it negate stuff permanently.

2500 ATK is already on some other Level 6s, so pushing it up this high shouldn't be too bad. (If I made it 2700-2800 near Goyo, then we might have some problems).

I have some doubt on how powerful that would end up being in the long-run, but should be fine. Chain already does that, and that's not necessarily a bad thing (although it wears off if it get popped).

It looks like a pretty good card to me. Not too broken but not useless either. I don't think it'd be a staple card. Like you said, Fiendish Chain comes up more often (at least from what I've seen with online play) than Breakthrough Skill. It could still be one of the surprises that come up from people time to time.

It looks like a pretty good card to me. Not too broken but not useless either. I don't think it'd be a staple card. Like you said, Fiendish Chain comes up more often (at least from what I've seen with online play) than Breakthrough Skill. It could still be one of the surprises that come up from people time to time.

The last version was pretty much an inferior copy of Metaphys Horus and stuff. 

In terms of staple use, it's not going to be in every Deck; there's going to be some who favor the other good Level 6s (Black made a short list of good ones), but more/less is meant to be another viable option for those who can run it.

Original effect was a Breakthrough Skill of sorts, except with more targets. I probably would've be fine with letting it trigger during either turn, but full-on negation should be fine.

Thank god. The Level 6 pool really needs something good. If it was past its current ATK it would be far too much, but it's perfect as it is.

2500 ATK should be enough to let it survive against most monsters.

Indeed, if it had stats on par with Goyo (and yes, that was banned for a good while), then we'd have a problem.

I debated on making it 2400 instead, but it'd still be outclassed by Wyvern and other stuff.

That being said, 2500 is about as high as common Level 7s and stuff, which isn't too bad.

But yeah, negation is nice; coupled with the fact that your opponent can't trigger backrow (although yeah, there are hand traps to put up with; but can't have everything you want in one card).

------------

It has been put on Duel Portal as it is; just need to submit it for the tournament pool.

• 2 weeks later...

I read the card days ago and it occured to me that you could also improve it by allowing the (2) effect to negate the targeted card even in the graveyard (read Barbaroid PSCT clause for reference). That way, on its own it will be a slightly stronger and better Armades for the Synchro6 pool (since it would be able to negate, for instance, monsters with immunity against battle destruction), but it will also allow you to disable floating cards during your MPs and pop them afterwards with MST, etc.

However, I'm not sure if you would have to drop its ATK to 2300~2400 after this change to balance it out.

I could probably look into doing so, since considering the floating effects that exist nowadays, it might help take care of them. 

Stat-wise, probably might lower to 2400 or something (but should probably give it a test run on DP when I have time, since it is over there at the moment with whatever effect here). 

Archived