[Written] New HERO Sub-Archetype: Fantasy HEROes (13/?)

GarlandChaos

I was always a fan of HEROes ever since I first watched Jaden use them in the GX anime, and so, I decided to mix HEROes with one of my biggest hobbies: RPGs.

I'll be posting the character of origin for each monster, as well as the RPG they come from, underneath their lore.

I will be posting support cards, too, so don't worry

Fantasy HERO Grand Blade

EARTH ****

ATK: 2000/ DEF: 0

Warrior/Normal

Lore: The lone wolf among the Fantasy HEROes. He is seen more often with his own band of mercenaries than his fellow HEROes, as of late. His signature zweihander is said to be able to pierce even the clouds with a single slash.

(Character of origin: Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII.)

Fantasy HERO Dormant Dragoon

FIRE ****

ATK: 1850/ DEF: 1700

Warrior/Normal

Lore: A Fantasy HERO infused with the power of dragons, and a good friend of Grand Blade. Rumor has it that the draconic powers within him are close to awakening...

(Character of origin: Dart from Legend of Dragoon.)

Fantasy HERO Awakened Dragoon

FIRE ******

ATK: 2400/ DEF: 1700

Dragon/Effect

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by tributing 1 face-up "Fantasy HERO Dormant Dragoon" you control. Once per turn: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy that target, then inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the combined ATK and DEF of the destroyed monster. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

(Character of origin: Dart from Legend of Dragoon.)

Fantasy HERO Adept Squire

EARTH ****

ATK: 1800/ DEF: 1800

Warrior/Normal

Lore: One of the youngest and most cheerful of the Fantasy HEROes. Through years of training, he has gained control over the powers of the earth; however, he seems capable of manipulating other elements, as well...

(Character of origin: Isaac from Golden Sun.)

Fantasy HERO Fiend Absorber

DARK *****

ATK: 2200/ DEF: 1200

Warrior/Effect

Lore: If the only monsters in your Graveyard are "Fantasy HERO" monsters (min. 1), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn, at the end of the damage step, if this card destroyed an opponent's monster by battle: You can toss a coin and call it. If you call it right, this card gains the effects and half the ATK and DEF of the destroyed monster.

(Character of origin: Soma Cruz from Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow.)

Fantasy HERO Flame's Light

LIGHT ***

ATK: 1750/ DEF: 0

Warrior/Normal

Lore: A Fantasy HERO of noble blood. He was kidnapped as a child, but eventually rescued and brought back to his family. After much training, he finally became a Fantasy HERO. Recently, he's been having doubts about his life.

(Character of origin: Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss.)

Fantasy HERO Sacred Flame

FIRE *****

ATK: 2350/ DEF: 1000

Warrior/Effect

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by tributing 1 face-up "Fantasy HERO Flame's Light" you control. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, during your Battle Phase: You can inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card on the field. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

(Character of origin: Luke fon Fabre from Tales of the Abyss.)

Fantasy HERO Sky Pirate

WIND ***

ATK: 1700/ DEF: 500

Warrior/Normal

Lore: A rebellious yet courageous Fantasy HERO who traverses the skies in his skyship. When the Fantasy HEROes need to take to the skies or travel to a faraway land, he is more than happy to take them there.

(Character of origin: Vyse from Skies of Arcadia.)

Fantasy HERO Demon Communicator

DARK ******

ATK: 2100/ DEF: 500

Warrior/Effect

Lore: If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn, at the start of the damage step, if this card attacks an opponent's monster: You can toss a coin and call it. If you call it right, take control of that monster, but it cannot attack this turn. If you call it wrong, you take damage equal to half that monster's ATK.

(Character of origin: Most Shin Megami Tensei protagonists.)

Fantasy HERO Lady Valkyrie

LIGHT ****

ATK: 1800/ DEF: 1050

Warrior/Effect

Lore: Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "HERO" monster from your Graveyard. If this card is destroyed, banish all monsters Special Summoned by this effect.

(Character of origin: The three Valkyrie sisters from Valkyrie Profile.)

Fantasy HERO Shadow Paladin

DARK *******

ATK: 2600/ DEF: 1800

Warrior/Effect

Lore: While face-up on the field, this card is also treated as LIGHT Attribute. Once per turn: You can pay half your Life Points; destroy all face-up Attack Position monsters your opponent controls with less ATK than this card, and if you do, inflict the difference between those cards' and this card's ATK values as damage to your opponent. This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.

(Character of origin: Cecil Harvey from Final Fantasy IV.)

The Next Chapter

Normal Trap Card

Lore: When a monster you control is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 Level 5 or higher "Fantasy HERO" monster from your hand.

Fantasy Inn

Field Spell Card

Lore: Once per turn, during your opponent's turn, if you control 3 or more "Fantasy HERO" monsters: You can switch all face-up Attack Position "Fantasy HERO" monsters you control to face-up Defense Position, and if you do, your opponent cannot target "Fantasy HERO" monsters you control for attacks for the rest of this turn. During your next Standby Phase, switch all "Fantasy HERO" monsters you control whose battle position was switched by this card's effect to face-up Attack Position, and if you do, you gain Life Points equal to the number of "Fantasy HERO" monsters you control whose Battle Position was changed by this card's effect x500.

I do plan on making more of these. However, any current CnC is very much appreciated. ^^

I like these. Because you sayed that there will be more, that is all i can say. Question: are these monsters gonna to be Fusion focus (like ''Elemental HEROs'' & ''Evil HEROs''), Effect focus (like ''Destiny HEROs'') or something elses?

I haven't 100% decided yet, but I'm planning on them having Poison Rose-esque (i.e. Tribute a specific monster to get an upgraded form) Effect monsters for the main deck boss monsters. I may make Extra Deck boss monsters, but we'll see about that.

Awakened Dragoon has had its inherent summon changed to be from the hand only, and Fantasy HEROes Flame's Light and Sacred Flame have been added.

I would lower Dragoon's ATK power a bit to 2400 and make it only SS-able from the hand (initially).

Especially given that this card is a more accessible 61 (Volcasaurus) and combines ATK/DEF when burning, making it a free 2.7k beater with that effect out of nowhere is a big no-no.

Destruction effect is fine, but you should just restrain it from attacking that turn.

EDIT: Well, it appears you've fixed that problem while I was writing this, and made it require a specific, so you should be fine there.

Still, lower its ATK a bit.

Awakened Dragoon has had its ATK reduced to 2400 and its destruction effect restricting it from attacking at all the turn it's activated. Thanks for the CnC, Sakura.

Sacred Flame has had its ATK reduced to 2350 and its burn effect preventing it from attacking at all the turn it's activated.

EDIT: Sky Pirate and Demon Communicator have been added.

Archived