[Leaderboard] Queen DeVille Vs. Giga [Voting Phase]

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:

Contest Closes August 4th 12:00AM EST

Requirement:

Create a card that specifically lists or makes use of Diabolos, King of the Abyss in some form or fashion.

Card A

itYLSQb.png

Card B

Diabolos, Grand Emperor of the Abyss

"Diabolos, King of the Abyss" + 1 Warrior-Type monster

DARK/Dragon

9/3200/1000

Must be Summoned by Fusion Summon and cannot be Summoned by other ways. Cannot be returned to the Extra Deck. During your opponent's Draw Phase, before their draw, look at the top and bottom card of their Deck, then put each card on the top or bottom of their Deck. When this card in your possession is destroyed by your opponent's card (by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 "Diabolos, King of the Abyss" from your hand or Deck, ignoring its Summoning Conditions. You can only control 1 "Diabolos, Grand Emperor of the Abyss".

Card A goes the search and immediately Summon approach. It can also search some other cards, like LaDD and my biggest concern spelled Yamata Dragon, which could also be an instantaneous Summon. This is instant access to two very powerful cards given to the right deck, which I feel would be emphasized more than Diabolos.

B is a direct upgrade. Gets protection from removal that doesn't just destroy or banish, but it will be dead in the grave. Second effect gives wider range to topdeck trolling, giving you the ability to control what your opponent draws even more. And it can throw out a Diabolos upon destruction. Having Dragon's Mirror to ease the Summoning process a bit also helps.

B gets my vote for giving more of an incentive to running Diabolos, and A's actual searching capabilities worrying me a bit.

My vote foes to Card B.

Card A its so straighforward and sets the tutored card up so easily and on its own (plus a discard fodder) that it's not even funny. All you need is to Summon it, even Special Summoning it will trigger the effect.

On the other side, Card B is more interesting in my opinion, and feels like a proper boss: high attack and a floating effect as backup. While it doesn't carry a plusing effect as some "boss" monsters do, it comes with a topdeck controlling effect instead, which should both mess with the opponent AND give you knowledge on his/her cards in the deck and hand, and I believe the latter shouldn't be taken lightly. In addition, as a Dragon it is a target for Dragon's Mirror, a +0 Fusion Summon at worst, so not generating additional pluses contributes to keeping this card fair. The protection effect is nice, making it immune to spinning and bouncing as far as I know; it won't save it from destruction, the most common form of removal in the game, but then it will float into Diabolos so you will be maintaining advantage. Basically the opponent would have to banish this card or resort to other removal methods (e.g. #101: S.H.Ark, Underground Arachnid) to get rid of it while jumping on the floating effect.

Requiring a Warrior as Fusion material feels kinda out of place because Diabolos isn't related to any Warrior flavor-wise as far as I know, but it's not really an issue; on the contrary, Warrior is one of the most populated and supported types, so this helps with making the card more playable. Heck, you could even play Blazeman to pick Poly and use him + Diabolos as Fusion material for this card.

Card A can tutor Diabolos like the theme asks it to, BUT it also has the potential to grab Light & Darkness as well as Gandora and Yamata Dragon. 

In essence, it makes set-up way too easy for Diabolos or any of the above, especially since it triggers when you Normal or Special Summon it.

Granted, you'll need another card in hand to pay the discard cost, but most times, you'll have one.

Card B is an actual upgrade on Diabolos, and can mess up your opponent's draws (while also granting you a look at what those cards are), but original already allowed you to do so already. If this dies, you get to revive the original copy and override the usual SS lock on him.

------

Technically, both cards did follow the theme, but card B is better designed, so I will cast my vote for this.

Card A, as mentioned several times already, also tutors other cards and effectively a 1-card Diabolos or whatever else, which isn't good.

Archived