Allure Queen LV10!

Ascension115

Allure Queen LV10

Allure Queen is my favorite LV monster so i wanted to make a level 10 version and see what everyone thinks! When i was making her i ended up making a whole archetype of "Allure" cards i'll be posting the rest of them on Advanced Multiples tomorrow or later today. Hope you all like her! :) 

cmn8qDn.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Allure Queen LV7" or 3 "Allure" monster. Once per turn: You can target 1 card your opponent control and equip it to this card. If this card would leave the field; by battle or card effect, destroy 1 equip card you control instead.

"target 1 card your opponent controls"

Just missing an 's' if my english is correct. Not a bad effect and fits in with the other Allure Queens. The queen wasn't that strong of LV monster to begin with but this would help her out. She could make an interesting mix with Noble Knights.

This card Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card only Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 1 "Allure Queen LV7" or 3 "Allure" monsters, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; and equip it to this card. If this card would leave the field (by battle or card effect), destroy 1 Equip Card you control instead.

The problem underlying the Allure Queen series is that the higher forms need to be Summoned by their lower forms to get their effects off, and that already was a difficult thing to accomplish. Level Up won't do anything to speed up the process.

This card averts most of the problems by lacking these cumbersome conditions. However, because it's not listed in the text of LV7, you can't use Level Up to jump directly to it, much like Armed Dragon LV10. This fortunately is circumvented by an alt-Summon condition, which unfortunately doesn't include Queen's Bodyguard which one might want to run alongside the Allure Queens. No other Allure cards outside of Allure of Darkness are currently printed.

The ability is pretty decent too. It's upgraded to being able to snatch up anything the opponent controls, patching up any flaws in the removal suite, and even if this card can't snag up enough cards to last a lifetime, you can still supplement it with your own Equip Spells, equipping Traps, or Union Monsters, to help this card live to the next turn. The balancing factor here is its lackluster stats, but honestly, the entire line is plagued with that problem.

What this card has done for the Allure Queen line is change it from an entirely mediocre set to a mediocre set with a decent end goal to work towards. It's not going to shine in tournaments, but it's at least functional enough to try building casually around.

Allure Queens were already weak to begin with, given their evolved forms NEED to be SSed from the lower forms in order to even evolve.

This, on the other hand, allows you to either Tribute a LV7 or some of the smaller ones.

Like Gadjiltron already mentioned, you can allow Queen's Bodyguards to also be used for summoning this, since original AQs are very much weak, especially compared to the common monsters running around. Most of the time, they likely won't stick around anyway.

Indeed, the effect is an upgrade over LV7 and at least allows you to steal any of your opponent's cards (including backrow) as Equips, and also allows you to get rid of said Equip to prevent it from leaving the field. You can use your own Equip Cards for added protection if the need arises, but yeah it fills any gaps that were left by 7. 

Sure, 2000 ATK/DEF is rather low for a Level 10, but the effect makes up for that by granting it a layer of protection.

Not something to push them into the competitive state (as they are now, chances they ever reach that status are pretty low), but at least it makes them a bit more usable.

Archived