Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods (OOC/PG-16/Limited Acceptance/Started)

Ren✧

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright the time has officially come for us to announce the newest Teen Titan. After much deliberation, Saiba and I have decided that Chaos Sonic's character, Benjamin O'Hara will be joining Titans North! We appreciate everyone's interest in the RP and hope that you will continue to keep up with it. There's no way to say for sure whether or not more accepting opportunities will be made available in the future, but if there are we do hope that you will consider applying to join us then.

Again, congratulations to Sonic and thank you all for your interest! 

@Sonic: Please do not post IC just yet. We will give you some direction on how to make your entrance when that time comes. For the time being, could you please either leave your Skype name here or PM it to me? I think that I already have it, but I want to make sure that it is you before I add you to the group chat :P Also, how up to date are you with the IC? Have you been reading along with us the entire time or just coming in now? It doesn't matter one way or another, just trying to get a gauge of how much we need to catch you up on. 

Omg!!! Arigotu!!!!! XD

I'd like to thank the academy-....nah jk.

But seriously, thank you! Saiku, you got a future with your characters. Keep working hard you characters and you'll go far, trust me!

As for you, Renegade, you got it. I await the chance to post! I have been keeping up (since I helped with your two antag chars xD). As for Skype - Nightwing2199, it'll be under "Spectacular Nightwing". I look forward to working with you all! ^w^

As for you, Renegade, you got it. I await the chance to post! I have been keeping up (since I helped with your two antag chars xD). As for Skype - Nightwing2199, it'll be under "Spectacular Nightwing". I look forward to working with you all! ^w^

Great! Hopefully we can get this mission started soon and things will start rolling again! 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to leave these instructions here in case someone missed them in the Skype chat. We will be starting the next mission no later than next week(although if I find time throughout this busy weekend we may start early), so within your next few posts get your character back to their room and send them to bed please! I apologize for this slump in the RP and I appreciate that you have all stuck with us for this long, I take full responsibility for this, but unfortunately sometimes the business of real life can't be helped

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to triple post, but it seems like it is gonna be necessary at this point as I can see us quickly losing momentum if I don't clear some things up. 

Before I can make the next GM Post, bringing us to the next part of the mission( of which I am very excited about) you all need to reach a form of resolution in your dreams. My dream is done, I've done everything that I've wanted to do with it and, I feel, have brought it to a satisfying end. So, if you want something to model it after, you can use that( of course, we would like you to be as original as possible). 

The resolution of your dream does not necessarily need to be a loss. You can definitely triumph over the orb's obstacle if you want, having Kiara struggle was just a personal choice. One thing that I would ask, is that you provide me with a way to transition your character from one scene to another at the end of your post. Note, that end of my dream I had Kiara disappear into the Grimoire and everything went dark. So, you have some options where your character passes out from exhaustion, goes through a mysterious door, jumps into a lake, walks into a blinding light, etc. Basically anything that will allow me to transition your character to a different scene in the next GM Post.

@Sonic: At this point, you've fulfilled all those requirements, so if you want to wait until I make the next GM Post, you are at liberty to do so. If you do decide to make another post, just make sure you fulfill the requirements again, please!

Thanks guys! These last few weeks have been really rough on me, and it's strange to say this but my last post really helped me get over that hump, so I want to finish strong!

No problem, Ren! Thanks for clarifying that. I think I just need to make one more post and then I'll be good with resolving my character's dream (in this case the struggle against the phantasm). I'll keep an eye out for the next post someone makes, so that I can quickly post and finish it appropriately.

I'm super excited to move on to the next stage! Yay ^^ Also, don't feel bad about the triple post, we mostly use Skype anyway. (And a good thing too, otherwise we'd be over 100 pages by now, lol).

Sonic are you planning to post again before the next GM Post? If not you need to edit your last post to abide by the the instructions laid out above, please. Your last post doesn't allow for seamless transition. A suggested quick fix, if you want one, have Ben hurriedly duck into an abandoned storefront to hide from the mob and just end it with him stepping through the door but don't describe what's on the other side. 

I apologize if my instructions before weren't clear enough and confused you

Sonic are you planning to post again before the next GM Post? If not you need to edit your last post to abide by the the instructions laid out above, please. Your last post doesn't allow for seamless transition. A suggested quick fix, if you want one, have Ben hurriedly duck into an abandoned storefront to hide from the mob and just end it with him stepping through the door but don't describe what's on the other side. 

I apologize if my instructions before weren't clear enough and confused you

Actually I was planning to post before the next GM Post, wasn't sure if anyone else was going to post before it. ^^;

Guys, again, I encourage you to submit any ideas for missions you may have or want to see implemented into the RP, whether it's by posting them here, sending one of us a PM, or just dropping ideas on Skype chat. Ren and I do the best we can to come up with missions that balance opportunities for character growth with new enemies and scenarios, but suggestions are always welcome! Especially if you have a specific conflict or storyline in mind for your character.

Remember, giving feedback and sharing your opinions is the best way to make your voice heard. This is everyone's RP - I want to make sure everyone feels their character is equally as important and well-developed :) Cheers!

Guys, again, I encourage you to submit any ideas for missions you may have or want to see implemented into the RP, whether it's by posting them here, sending one of us a PM, or just dropping ideas on Skype chat. Ren and I do the best we can to come up with missions that balance opportunities for character growth with new enemies and scenarios, but suggestions are always welcome! Especially if you have a specific conflict or storyline in mind for your character.

Remember, giving feedback and sharing your opinions is the best way to make your voice heard. This is everyone's RP - I want to make sure everyone feels their character is equally as important and well-developed :) Cheers!

Good to know, I'll probably get some ideas and throw em out at ya later!

• 3 weeks later...

Saiba and I have opened acceptance status! Please note that this does come with some restrictions. First and foremost, we will only be accepting one new character and they must be a member of Titans North. Second, if none of the applications we receive are up to the standard we expect or we feel will not mesh with our current roster of characters, we reserve the right to close accepting status without accepting any new characters. Finally, upon being accepting you will be expected to have a general understanding of the events in the RP that have transpired up until this point. You will not be required to read every post in the IC, but a brief summary of events will be provided upon acceptance. 

Also please remember that we are looking for diversity and potential for growth. Please keep that in mind when designing your characters. 

Application can be found on the first page.

We have not decided on a date for when applications will close, however, it will be  soon, so get them in as soon as possible. As a final note, Saiba and I do expect a high level of commitment(at least 1 post every 3-4 days unless you a reason is given) so if you cannot keep a high level of high activity please do not apply. 

Made those modifications... yes, I'm still using the same character, I like him!

[spoiler=Batsu "Asura" Kojin]

Name: Batsu Kojin, codename: Asura
[spoiler=Appearance]
rival_schools___burning_batsu_by_virak.j
He stands at 6'1 (178 cm) and weighs 176 lbs (80 kg). His tanned skin is covered in scars, the four most noticeable ones are the three X shaped ones on his forehead and shoulders, and the giant scar that extends from his left shoulder to his right thigh. His hair is white instead of brown, and his eyes are orange like fire.

[spoiler=Personality]Batsu is stubborn, believing his way is the right way. A powerful combatant, he displays both a strong will and an absence of fear in less-than-positive situations and will fight his adversaries relentlessly until he is victorious, even to the point of death. He often will tell others to 'get out of his way' while fighting, mostly because he still doesn't know what he's fully capable of on this strange planet.

Despite being stubborn, he was still trained as a solider, as such, he follows most orders almost absolutely. He also is very literal, so watch out how you word the order. He isn't one for deviating off the plan someone gave him... Unless there is something that pissed him off, then he will chase that thing down with wild abandon. Death is nothing new to him, having no problems staring it in the face and punching it, or die trying. He expects others to be willing to do the same, and gets angry at those he perceives as 'cowards'.

He can work within a team... However, he has trust issues, due to the fact his own people tried to frame him and kill him. If he can't trust them, how can he trust random aliens...? He will constantly look over his shoulder, trying to see if anyone is trying to stab him in the back, or if there are traitors lurking among them.

Being an alien, he is ignorant of human culture, and doesn't really care to learn about the etiquette aspect of it. He is, however, endless fascinated by humans and their quirks. He has a hard time understanding that humans are much more fragile than he is, especially with his new strength. He also has a temper, having no problems beating people up into a pulp for 'petty' things like stealing purses. He also once threw a moped across town when it nearly ran him over (no one was on it, thankfully), and worst of all, when he received a cup of no-bubble tea with bubbles, he didn't even tip. He recognizes this is a problem and tries to fix it... But it's so hard not to be angry!

He is loyal to the people that will look past how rude he is at first and try to befriend him. He values them highly and will do almost anything asked without question, seeing them more as family by that point. However, don't expect him to turn into Mr. Nice Guy. More than likely, he will just be less of an ass to you.

[spoiler=Biography]Batsu grew up on the planet Va'ho, a world with double the oxygen of the planet Earth and twenty times the gravity. Like other members of his race, the Sufsem, he developed his fire powers at the age of 5 and grew his extra limbs for the first time at the age of 7. He had been training hard his entire life, determined to become a royal guard, like his father and grandfather, and great-grandfather before him. He graduated at the top of his class, and had a promising future ahead of him. However, things took a turn for the worse when he was framed for the murder of the emperor.

There was a bounty for him, and many came to kill the one that supposedly claimed the life of the emperor. He met one bounty hunter that was relentless in particular, slashing him with a sword that left the giant scar across his chest. However, he managed to escape and steal a spacecraft and escaped the planet. He wandered the cosmos for awhile until his ship began to malfunction, and head for a planet known as Earth.

His ship crashed into a desert area, destroyed beyond his ability to repair, so he quickly ditched it, in case intelligent life inhabited the planet. He kept running until he made it into a city, where his otherworldly clothes made him stand out like a sore thumb. A random nobody tried to mug him, only for the poor man to be accidentally punched through a wall. Batsu took the would be mugger's clothes to help him blend in more (he has been wearing the same clothes since, although, yes, he does wash them). He tried to blend in with the Earth's population... but he saw robbers attempting to rob a bank, and stopped them by crushing the front of the car with his bare hands, and proceeding to beat the robbers into a bloody pulp. That put him on people's radars, the debate raging if he would turn hero or villain.

He has since been trying to avoid attention ever since... Which worked for all of three days, when the Justice League approached him. At first, he thought it was a trap, and tried his hardest to fight them all off. After being contained and calmed down, he explained his story. After they determined that he wasn't lying, they made him a deal. He would join the Teen Titans North, in exchange for refuge on Earth. He agreed, seeing as his only way back into space was destroyed. Now he has to try to fit in with both Earthlings and in a new team...

[spoiler=Powers & Abilities]Flame Manipulation: He can conjure flames and engulf his limbs in them, enhancing his striking power, or throw fire based attacks. He can also breath fire, although if he does it too much, he will start coughing and have difficulty breathing. He can launch flames from his elbows with enough force to propel him through the air. It is not actually flight, just a way to quickly close distance or change directions in midair.
His fire's heat is linked to his emotions, the angrier he is, the hotter it is. It will also change colors. White is when he is at peace, but it is a cooler flame. Normal fire color is the normal fire he uses. Purple fire is when he is really angry, and it will burn him slightly. Black fire... You will die. Simple as that, but he will burn himself extremely badly, comparable to a third degree burn.
The only part of his body that is completely immune to mortal fire is his hands. The rest of his body has a greater tolerance to heat and to fire, but he can still be burned, it just takes longer. He also has no resistance to mystical fire or divine fire.
Due to less oxygen in the air than his homeworld, his flames are much weaker than he is used to.

Multiple Limbs: He can grow additional arms out of his back, for a grand total of 6. The extra arms function exactly like normal human arms, but they will shatter if hit with too much force. It takes quite a bit of energy to make them, however, so he can only do this about three times a day.

Enhanced Strength: Due to Earth's 20x lighter gravity, he can lift much heavier objects than the average human. This, however, makes it hard for him to control his strength, which he does manage to do for the most part. The maximum weight he can lift thus far is 4,000 lbs, albeit with a great deal of difficulty.

Martial Arts: He has had training in his planet's martial art, so he isn't just a mindless brawler and due to the training, he has enhanced reflexes.

[spoiler=Standard Weapons & Equipment]He has a universal translator attached to his throat so he can speak and understand Earth's languages fluently. It is, however, very literal, so some of his planet's expressions will sound weird in Earth terms. The JL did teach him English, but... He is very bad at it, preferring to use the translator. He will speak it if he has to though...

[spoiler=Extra]

• His real name is Rukji Bezad, but his translator changed it to Batsu Kojin, so that is what he calls himself.
  • He got inspiration for his superhero name Asura because he looked at Buddhist mythology and saw the Ashura. Seeing how it reminded him of his own race, he took the name Asura.
  • The Sufsem actually breath Nitrogen, not Oxygen, so the reduced amount on Earth does not affect him.
  • The langauge the Sufsem use is the Dino Language from StarFox Adventures. What? It's hard to make a language...

20,000 lbs sounds like a lot. What's the biggest object you seem him lifting with that?

Also, multiple limbs, super strength, intense fire generation, limited hovering/flight, martial arts mastery and explosive sweat seems a bit much for one character. Perhaps lose the explosive sweat since we already have an explosion-based character?

I'll go at it again too! 

[spoiler=Needlepoint 2.0]
"S-so-sorry about-t that" (off-duty)

"Move, before I hurt you." (on-duty)

Name: Janson "Needlepoint" Thool

[spoiler=Appearance]
Janson is a lithe demiboy, with skin so fair it looks as if it had never seen the sun. He stands at 6' even and weighs 140 lbs, and his grey-green eyes always seem to be contorted into an expression of absolute terror. Though rarely seen bare, Janson's hands are scarred and mangled, though still fully-functional. In sharp contrast to the rest of him, Janson's chest-length hair is stripped silver and navy, and always up in a ponytail.

Though typically not seen outside of his room, his normal attire is somewhat comparable to that of an exasperated college student's: a dark, long-sleeved hoodie, dark skinny jeans, and dark skate shoes. In the field, however, his outfit makes a drastic change. He dons a loose-fitting grey poncho with a pattern that reminds most of TV static, wraps himself shoulder to fingertip and thigh to toetip in bright white linens, and arms himself with his signature throwing needles.

[spoiler=Personality]
Quiet and reserved, Janson tends to shy away from conversation and confrontation, especially when it would be with anyone he views as a girl. He doesn't talk much, but when he does he trips over his own words and apologizes for things that most wouldn't. Because of this, he tends to come off as anti-social and cold to those who do not know him. But as anti-social as he is, he will not hesitate to stand up for any injustice he happens to see or hear.

But on the battlefield, Janson takes on an almost opposite personality. He becomes the cool and calculating Needlepoint. Seeming to have his own plan of action, he acts on his own with what seems to be no regard for the safety of his teammates. He will, however, follow any instructions given to him during the fight. Though it doesn't seem like it, he does care about his teammates and takes steps to ensure that he does not injure them, merely coming close to doing so.

[spoiler=Biography]
Janson was never in a good situation. Abused by his seamstress mother as a child, Janson learned to sew at the age of 4 through a dangerous game of trial-and-error. His sewing never was up to his mother's standards, though, and she punished him with needle pricks and skin embroidery for every missed stitch, every incorrect cut, every possible thing. By the time he could sew well, his hands were a mangled mess of scars. Despite this, Janson was forced to work in his mother's shop, sewing everything from dresses and shirts to knapsacks and bedding.

Tired of having to work for nothing and having to live with the vile woman he called his mother, Janson decided to escape into the Irish forests that were mere miles from his prison on his 11th birthday. He planned his escape for months, gathering spare fabric and needles to fashion what he hoped to make into a rope of some sort. But a few days before his planned escape, his mother found the stash of supplies. Her punishment was nothing short of cruel and unusual: She had sewn her son's skin into the mattress of his bed. After a few weeks, he thought of breaking the strings that bound him and running away. He didn't care where, he just needed to get away. Then, he noticed something. His hands felt heavy, heavier than anything he'd ever held. Then, he felt free. Janson swiveled his eyes to see that his bonds had been broken, and that metal tendrils were retreating into his fingertips. He knew he should have been frightened, but he wasn't; he was free. He knew that this was something he needed. Immediately, he made a rope out using his new-found powers and scrambled out the window, never looking back.

On the way to the forests was the small town of Amozoth. Because Janson was weak and running on pure adrenaline, he broke down there. It was there that he discovered an abandoned acupuncture shop, which he made his shelter for the time being. During his spare time, which he had a substantial amount of, Janson wandered about the shop, reading the books and charts about the human body. One day he found what was left of the needles, about 30 of them, and decided that if he ever needed to defend himself, these would be his weapons. For food, Janson learned how to avoid people's gaze so that he could steal. But while people failed to watch him, Janson say the injustices others suffered. He saw kids like himself, mistreated by their parents and peers, and swore that he was going to master his new gift and make sure that no one else would have to suffer the way he did.

Throughout the years, Janson made a name for himself in Ireland as the Slánaitheoir na leanaí, the savior of children. Where ever he was, he would bind the oppressor and tell the children to run away and never look back, and then fade into the night. Whenever police arrived at the scenes, which was usually the morning after the "attack", they made jokes that it was a freak sewing accident, or a needlepoint job run amok. Janson seemed to enjoy the jokes, and appropriately adopted his current alias, Needlepoint.

But once the police had grown tired of his justice, Janson knew that Ireland would no longer be the safe haven it once was long ago. Not knowing where to go, Janson listened in to conversations when he went out, and heard about a league of heroes situated primarily in America. Hearing about these heroes, he jumped abroad a ship heading there, hoping to find and join these heroes. 

[spoiler=Powers & Abilities]

Thread Conjuration and Manipulation-
Janson has the ability to make thread appear from his fingertips, which can be made from any material found on Earth that can be made into thread (no diamonds, lotions, other things that you wouldn't typically see as thread). One thread type per hand, but it is difficult to maintain the two separate types. He tends to stay with either durable threads like Kevlar or dangerous threads like razorwire. Whatever thread he makes he can manipulate into whatever shape he can imagine, though this occupies his hands and prevents him from fighting.

Stealth-
Standard stealth abilities acquired through years of not wanting to be noticed. Easily detectable if using tech/ powers.

Pressure Point Knowledge-
Has knowledge of pressure points, and is able to utilize this knowledge into a fighting style. Able to paralyze any human with a few swift strikes.

Advanced Sewing Knowledge-
Knows sewing like the back of his scar-riddled hands. Able to sew anything, ranging from cloth to skin

[spoiler=Standard Weapons & Equipment]

Throwing Needles x30-
A cross between acupuncture needles and throwing knives, these needles are small, sharp, silent, and strong. Able to pierce most things, they are made of corrundum.

Kevlar Poncho-
Fairly self-explanatory. A poncho made of Kevlar, made from his fingertips. Has numerous pockets on the inside for his needles.

Linen Wrappings-
Primarily linen cloth with a bit of Kevlar for strength, made from powers. Is able to be used as a second set of hands in an emergency, but occupies at least one of if not both hands to do so.

Sidenotes:

Not very good at math, limited reading ability.

Doesn't like to kill people.

No known relatives besides mother

Refuses to wear gloves, despite being self-conscious about his hands.

Has gynophobia (a fear of women) because of his horrendous mother. 

Copying Saiku here and tweaking my original, this time with fewer plot-holes and possibly more interactability.

20,000 lbs sounds like a lot. What's the biggest object you seem him lifting with that?

Also, multiple limbs, super strength, intense fire generation, limited hovering/flight, martial arts mastery and explosive sweat seems a bit much for one character. Perhaps lose the explosive sweat since we already have an explosion-based character?

Well, considering this is based off a DC property, I figured that was actually somewhat light, considering what most of them can do. For reference, that's about 6 elephants, and that would be difficult for him to do. I can cut it down if it's that much of an issue.

Well, I suppose you do have a point. Explosions are gone.

Well, considering this is based off a DC property, I figured that was actually somewhat light, considering what most of them can do. For reference, that's about 6 elephants, and that would be difficult for him to do. I can cut it down if it's that much of an issue.

Well, I suppose you do have a point. Explosions are gone.

I heard the same thing from Hollow at one point.. However, this is a universe all on its own, incorporating elements from a variety of different franchises/contexts (so it's not really appropriate to compare your hero to god-like characters like Superman). In theory, our heroes should be more or less as powerful (or weak, I suppose, depending on how you look at it) as the Teen Titans that aired on the Cartoon Network show. If you've been following the RP, you'll see that in several cases, our heroes are already a good deal stronger than the team consisting of Robin, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg and Beast Boy (but not obscenely so). So yeah, it's fine if your character is stronger than the original Teen Titans in the animated show. But he shouldn't have power that's on par with the most powerful members of the Justice League. Hopefully that makes sense. Lifting one elephant is fine, two is fine. Three, I would say, is tops. But six is a bit of an exaggeration.

[spoiler= Karen Colbert]

Lili_zpszfxg1swl.jpg

"Lets make this quick, I have a manicure in 30 minutes."

x393wz.jpg

Name: Karen "Trompe" Colbert

Appearance: [spoiler=show]
street-fighter-x-tekken-lili.jpg?d=1

Karen is pretty small, standing at 5'4, and weighs 130 pounds. She has long, blonde hair that runs the length of her back, She is in good shape, and has a pretty figure. While glamouring people, she has flawless skin, and the perfect, most natural face. Her face structure is nothing short of supermodel like, with perfect cheek bones, eye brows, luscious pink lips, and piercing blue eyes, and the perfect hourglass figure. The same with the rest of her body. Without Glamour, she is still gorgeous, but her flaws are abundant.

Her cheek bones are high, but not perfect. She has a wicked scar running down her side, from where they cut her open to extract and splice her genes. Her eyes are a more dull blue, and her skin color is slightly darker, albeit white all the same. Because of Glamour, she never wears make-up. Without her glamour, her bosom shrinks, and her thighs reveal themselves to be a bit more muscled than she would like.  

Personality: [spoiler=Show]
Karen is haughty, rude, and intelligent around peers, but respectful, well mannered, and courteous around adults, or figures of authority. She has always been taught to show the utmost respect to those in positions higher than her, and has had many mannerism lessons drilled into her, to the point they are second nature. She tends to look down upon those that are her age and lower, however, as she believes herself to be sophisticated, whereas everyone else is still a barbarian. Her respect is hard to earn, and her friendship even harder. Manipulative, cunning, and a liar, Karen has a hard time being liked by others, but she genuinely seeks the best for the world. She is not an evil person, but an arrogant one. Her motives for helping others are pure, even if she is rude about it.

When Karen is not putting on a bravado, and genuinely makes friends, she becomes nicer. She will converse with them as if they were normal humans, and tries to tone down sarcasm around them. She makes sure to refrain from manipulating and lying to her friends, but it still does happen. Karen only wants to help innocent 'barbarians,' so despite her rude demeanor she means well.

In battle, Karen is a sarcastic, egotistical, savage, arrogant brat. She spend the entire fight commenting on her opponent's 'sloppy' form, terrible combat knowledge, and taunts them after landing hits. Again, she is all a big lie. Her fighting is dirty, and underhanded, made to infuriate the opponent and lure them off guard. When harmed, she immediately cuts the act, and becomes more cowardly. Her pride is her biggest downfall.

Bio: [spoiler=show]
Karen was born into a wealthy French family. Since she was young, she had known nothing but the well privillaged life. Her parents raised her in a sheltered mansion, homeschooling the young girl, and teaching her how to live the rich lifestyle. She learned to speak fluent French by age 7, proper table manners, and how to select the most proper outfit for the day. Karen never had any real friends, and her parents had taught her that people from the 'outside world' were all barbarians and swine. However, Karen didn't know that her parents had made their disgusting amount of money from an underground criminal organization in France, before they fled to the U.S. after stealing from said organization. When Karen was 10, she was growing bored of her life. She had already read more than half the books in her parent's personal library, and she had no interest in the weekly Yacht parties, as they grew boring. She was intelligent beyond belief, and had surpassed her parents in knowledge. The 10 year old girl new more about advanced math theories than her own father.

When Karen was 12, her life was turned upsidedown. Her Parent's actions had finally caught up to them. As she slept peacefully in her queen sized bed, on the third floor of her mansion, she was blissfully unaware of the events taking place downstairs. An explosion, and the sounds of gunfire woke her from her sleep, and as she walked towards the door, to open it, someone from the outside flung it open. A large blonde man with a wicked scar running down his face saw her in the doorway, and put 2 and 2 together. He grabbed her before she could flee, and swung the small girl over his shoulder. As he walked out of the house with her, she saw the bloodbath that was the previous 2 floors. Bullet holes lined the walls, parts of the walls were gone from grenades. her parent's personal guards, and many of the criminals were sprawled on the floor, dead or dying in their own pools of blood. She caught glimpses of her mother. Her mother was missing half her body, probably from the result of a grenade. Apparently, her father fled 3 hours before anyone showed up.

Karen was taken back to France and held hostage. Her father was ransomed on multiple occasions, but he refused to pay the fee. Eventually, she was given over to the scientists as a child to perform live experiments on. First, she was given an IQ test, which she excelled in. With her IQ of 180. She was considered the only possible candidate for a meta gene experiment. The scientist had discovered a gene that could be spliced into humans, theoretically giving them psychic abilities. However, the previous 2 experiments ended with the brains of the victims literally killing themselves, unable to handle the power.

Karen was the first person to survive this experiment, and the last. After a month of recovery time, she had gained enough control over her new-found psychic ability to break out of the facility. It wasn't hard, she just had to drive the blonde man who captured her insane. Once she got into his head, it was over. he destroyed the entire facility, ruining all the research. Apparently, there were no survivors. By the time he had blown up the entire building, she was already on a boat home. When she reached her old mansion, in the middle of no where, she found it abandoned. The corpses within still decayed, and the place smelt of death. She now realized why her parents made this place untraceable, they were trying to avoid this entire situation. Karen went in, took her Mother's jewelry, her father's valuables, and sold them. She bought a large house for herself, again in isolation. However, she grew unsatisfied. She had been giving psychic abilities, and she was letting them go to waste. Every night at dawn, Karen would return to the city, and fight crime on her own. No one had ever seen her before, so she didn't have a real need to dawn a mask. She called herself Trompe, which is French for Deceive. As she fought crime like this for years, her control over her power became better, and her talents went noticed by a few individuals in the justice league. During one of her nightly missions, she was approached by Justice League members. Realizing she had the opportunity to make a profession out of helping people, she happily obliged.

x393wz.jpg
Powers and abilities: [spoiler= show]
Glamour: Karen can manipulate how others perceive her, distorting her true image. She is always glamouring people, making her look physically flawless and perfect. She is not perfect, however, and her glamour doesn't work on photographs and videos. Her glamour is also off while she is asleep/unconscious. Glamour doesn't take much effort, but if she looses too much focus it fades, causing her to ripple then reveal her ture self, which is still beautiful.

Illusions: Karen's most notorious power, she can create illusions. She generally makes clones of herself with it, but she can create so much more. For it to work, she must make eye contact with the person she wishes the give this illusion to. The illusions can only be seen by one person, unless multiple people look into her eyes.

Force Fields: While they aren't force fields in a traditional sense, she is still able to form them. They are actually thick walls of telekinetic force, that can either take shape of walls, or platforms. Karen can be seen running in air, using these platforms as a means to get from rooftop to rooftop. They are unable to deflect projectiles, and will brake with enough force applied. They are not so much for a powerful defense, as they are for positioning/cutting off escapes.

Telekinesis: Karen has telekinesis, albeit weak. She can lift objects that weigh less than her. It is generally used to annoy opponents, by throwing small projectiles at them, or throw them off balance. It is mostly used in 'pushes' on enemies, slightly knocking them off balance or away from her. For her to continue to hold an object, int requires focus and will power.

Acrobatics: Growing up, her father had hired a friend to teach her gymnastics. Up until a year before the incident, she had learned in her father's private gymnasium. These years of gymnastics not only kept her in shape, but taught her how to mix in acrobatics with fighting. She is very elusive in combat, doing a series of flips and twirls to dodge attacks.

Fighting Style: [spoiler=show]
Karen has studies and watched martial arts, and knows how to fight. She generally fights by turning her opponents force against them, as she has a wide array of counter attacks, but a limited and predictable arsenal of kicks and punches. In one on one combat, she nimble avoids the opponents, jeering at them and mocking them, while countering strikes and giving them love taps. She is unable to overpower people with brute force, and she is very fragile. It only takes a few hits to knock her down.

When fighting with a team, Karen plays a supportive role, confusing enemies, creating illusions of her teammates, and knocking them off balance, as well as positioning her team for strategic advantages with usage of her platforms. She avoids all combat when fighting like this, doing all she can to dodge until a teammate can show up.

Inventory: [spoiler=show]
5 highly condensed smoke pellets. These pellets are kept in a hidden compartment in her lace gloves. When she needs one, she can flick her wrist to catch one in her palm. When thrown at he ground, they create a 15 foot radius of grey, candy smelling smoke. This smoke is great for obscuring vision, but she uses it in conjunction with her telepathy to manipulate the clouds of smoke, either condensing it all on an enemy, or making it take shapes in conjunction with her illusions.

Other Info:
Karen's last name is pronounced Co-Bear
Karen loves classical music
Karen has taken ballet and fencing, but doesn't particularly care for either

She now hates her father, and has figured he has returned to a life of crime to make back more money. She is determined to stop him, and will go out of her way to search for and apprehend him.

Idk man, its been ages since I worked with spoilers. Hope I did em right! Anyway, here is my character.

I heard the same thing from Hollow at one point.. However, this is a universe all on its own, incorporating elements from a variety of different franchises/contexts (so it's not really appropriate to compare your hero to god-like characters like Superman). In theory, our heroes should be more or less as powerful (or weak, I suppose, depending on how you look at it) as the Teen Titans that aired on the Cartoon Network show. If you've been following the RP, you'll see that in several cases, our heroes are already a good deal stronger than the team consisting of Robin, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg and Beast Boy (but not obscenely so). So yeah, it's fine if your character is stronger than the original Teen Titans in the animated show. But he shouldn't have power that's on par with the most powerful members of the Justice League. Hopefully that makes sense. Lifting one elephant is fine, two is fine. Three, I would say, is tops. But six is a bit of an exaggeration.

It makes complete sense. I cut it down to 4,000. Hopefully, that's better.

Archived