Teen Titans: Twilight of the Gods (OOC/PG-16/Limited Acceptance/Started)

Ren✧

Hello, everyone. Thank you all for applying to participate in our RP! Renegade and I were very impressed with the variety and quality of the character applications that we received. Having said that, it's impossible for us to accept everyone that applied. We hope you understand.

Below is the list of characters that we have accepted at this time.

ACCEPTED Player Characters:

1. ~Renegade~ | Kiara "Arcana" Foster

2. Saiba Aisu | Valerian DeRaine ("Cygnus")

3. Hydreigon | Blake Bradsborn ("Satellite")

4. Baron Von Hollow | Roxie "Havoc" Blackstone

5. Hi I'm Dad | Alfonso James Bronson ("Comet")

If you are included in this list, you can expect to be contacted sometime soon by either Renegade or myself via PM. We will also include details about a group Skype chat, as well as further information regarding the IC Thread, which should be posted soon. If you were not accepted at this point, please do not feel discouraged—as I mentioned before, the overall quality of applications was very good, but ultimately, some were better than others. If all goes well, we may open applications again for additional hero/antagonist positions in the future. In the meantime, we hope that you will continue to support the RP and follow the story as it develops. Please feel free to post your impressions and ideas here! To all of the participants... Congratulations and welcome aboard! 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Adversary #1 (vs. Cygnus & Havoc)]

the_hero_by_ideallyrandom-d2fv37f.jpg

5'10", 170 lbs

Powers:

On account of an active meta-gene, Luca is able to manipulate the aura around his body to project a type of battle avatar. For the most part, he can only form certain parts of the battle avatar at a time. For example, he can form giant hands constructed of his aura energy as depicted above. Likewise, his aura enhances his durability and strength. The constructs that he forms are able to lift move and lift several tons. If he loses concentration, the constructs quickly fade.

[spoiler=Adversary #2 vs. (Kiara, Blake, & Alfonso)]

void_valkyrie_v_2011_by_dbed-d49r25c.jpg

5'7", 160 lbs. IS NOT PURPLE! She sports a tanned complexion and jet black hair.

Powers:

Originally, Layla was only able to minimally manipulate electrical currents. However, she developed a technology that amplified her powers dramatically and harnessed them in unique ways. The super suit that she wears gives her the ability of flight and levitation through the manipulation of negative and positive charges in the atmosphere, increases the voltage on her electrical output, and even allows her to crudely shape weapons out of the electrical energy she can produce and harness. 

As I mentioned before, the RP will advancing in a series of mission-based mini-arcs, similar to "episodes". At the beginning, the episodes will focus more or less equally on all characters; as we progress, however, certain characters will have chances to shine on a rotating basis as they engage with their goals or confront their pasts.

If you have any ideas / scenarios that you would like to see worked into your character's story and development, here is the place to post and discuss them. Also, just in general, if you have any ideas that you think are fun and could be worked into the plot, don't hesitate to share them! The other day Hollow (mostly jokingly, I think, but still) suggested a possible crossover fight from a previous Teen Titans RP, where our team confronts theirs.

Let's try to use this thread a bit more, since it's a bit of a chore to scroll up for major ideas through Skype! Cheers.

As I mentioned before, the RP will advancing in a series of mission-based mini-arcs, similar to "episodes". At the beginning, the episodes will focus more or less equally on all characters; as we progress, however, certain characters will have chances to shine on a rotating basis as they engage with their goals or confront their pasts.

If you have any ideas / scenarios that you would like to see worked into your character's story and development, here is the place to post and discuss them. Also, just in general, if you have any ideas that you think are fun and could be worked into the plot, don't hesitate to share them! The other day Hollow (mostly jokingly, I think, but still) suggested a possible crossover fight from a previous Teen Titans RP, where our team confronts theirs.

Let's try to use this thread a bit more, since it's a bit of a chore to scroll up for major ideas through Skype! Cheers.

Nope I was totally serious about that and the knights of the round table thing. .3.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so apart from a crossover fight with another former Teen Titans team, what are some other things you guys would like to see incorporated into the RP? For example, how would you feel about a mission that takes us outside of Aurora City? Or even, outside of the planet? No idea is too preposterous, that's the beauty of brainstorming!

This also goes for any readers who may be following the RP as it develops. We'd love to hear your impressions on the story so far and get some feedback and suggestions from you! 

• 3 weeks later...

Saiba and I have opened acceptance status! Please note that this does come with some restrictions. First and foremost, we will only be accepting one new character and they must be a member of Titans North. Second, if none of the applications we receive are up to the standard we expect or we feel will not mesh with our current roster of characters, we reserve the right to close accepting status without accepting any new characters. Finally, upon being accepting you will be expected to have a general understanding of the events in the RP that have transpired up until this point. You will not be required to read every post in the IC, but a brief summary of events will be provided upon acceptance. 

Also please remember that we are looking for diversity and potential for growth. Please keep that in mind when designing your characters. Also note that current participants are eligible to submit characters, however, priority will be given to new applicants, in most cases.

Application can be found on the first page.

Accepting status will close the evening of Saturday, October 3rd.

[spoiler=Zach Feedbach]

This Rp is amazing.  I'm truly having fun role playing in this story, and so far our missions have been both creative and well executed.  But, you're always saying how you want feedback, so i wouldn't want to hold back on what i've had some minor gripes with. 

My first gripe comes with spoilers in Skype.  This is my biggest minor gripe and it's not too big of an issue, it just bothers me when things are spoiled in our discussion.  I don't like knowing how far along we are in our mission, I want to be surprised by how long the mission turns out to be, and how many twist and turns we encounter.  Not, "Our mission is about 50% complete!"  It totally ruins the sense of how long the mission could take, and this will eventually lead to my second minor complaint.  Our characters don't know how long the mission would take, so why should we?  

My second complaint has to do with the high number of GM posts.  I know you want to get to some sort of grand reveal really fast, and you're trying to speed up the pace of the RP, but I feel GM posts aren't always needed to move the plot forward.  A simple post from Cygnus could lead into the others following in a certain situation.  I know it's terrible that we'd all have to get into another round of posting, but it would still leave room for some individual creativity.  I'm not complaining about how GM posts are done, I feel you've improved them highly since your first attempts, but the frequency is a little much for me.

I've been wanting to express these complaints for a while, but I wanted to wait until Bubbly was done to do so.  Like i said, I'm still having a blast, but these are just things that have kinda irked me. 

Right, I will get started... After I sleep. Sleep is a thing I sadly need.

ATTEN, HUT.  YOUR EIGHT HOURS ARE UP SOLDIER.  GET YOUR REAR IN GEAR AND GET US A CHARACTER SHEET.  ON THE DOUBLE!  HUP TWO THREE FOUR!  MARCH!  WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR PARTICIPATION, MAGGOT!

And done... I'd like some feedback, see if I did a good job.

[spoiler=Batsu "Asura" Kojin ]

Name: Batsu Kojin, codename: Asura
[spoiler=Appearance]
rival_schools___burning_batsu_by_virak.j
He stands at 6'1 (178 cm) and weighs 176 lbs (80 kg). His tanned skin is covered in scars, the four most noticeable ones are the three X shaped ones on his forehead and shoulders, and the giant scar that extends from his left shoulder to his right thigh. His hair is white instead of brown, and his eyes are orange like fire.

[spoiler=Personality]Batsu is stubborn, believing his way is the right way. A powerful combatant, he displays both a strong will and an absence of fear in less-than-positive situations and will fight his adversaries relentlessly until he is victorious, even to the point of death. He often will tell others to 'get out of his way' while fighting, mostly because he still doesn't know what he's fully capable of on this strange planet.

Despite being stubborn, he was still trained as a solider, as such, he follows most orders almost absolutely. He also is very literal, so watch out how you word the order. He isn't one for deviating off the plan someone gave him... Unless there is something that pissed him off, then he will chase that thing down with wild abandon. Death is nothing new to him, having no problems staring it in the face and punching it, or die trying. He expects others to be willing to do the same, and gets angry at those he perceives as 'cowards'.

He can work within a team... However, he has trust issues, due to the fact his own people tried to frame him and kill him. If he can't trust them, how can he trust random aliens...? He will constantly look over his shoulder, trying to see if anyone is trying to stab him in the back, or if there are traitors lurking among them.

Being an alien, he is ignorant of human culture, and doesn't really care to learn about the etiquette aspect of it. He is, however, endless fascinated by humans and their quirks. He has a hard time understanding that humans are much more fragile than he is, especially with his new strength. He also has a temper, having no problems beating people up into a pulp for 'petty' things like stealing purses. He also once threw a moped across town when it nearly ran him over (no one was on it, thankfully), and worst of all, when he received a cup of no-bubble tea with bubbles, he didn't even tip. He recognizes this is a problem and tries to fix it... But it's so hard not to be angry!

He is loyal to the people that will look past how rude he is at first and try to befriend him. He values them highly and will do almost anything asked without question, seeing them more as family by that point. However, don't expect him to turn into Mr. Nice Guy. More than likely, he will just be less of an ass to you.

[spoiler=Biography]Batsu grew up on the planet Va'ho, a world with double the oxygen of the planet Earth and twenty times the gravity. Like other members of his race, the Sufsem, he developed his fire powers at the age of 5 and grew his extra limbs for the first time at the age of 7. He had been training hard his entire life, determined to become a royal guard, like his father and grandfather, and great-grandfather before him. He graduated at the top of his class, and had a promising future ahead of him. However, things took a turn for the worse when he was framed for the murder of the emperor.

There was a bounty for him, and many came to kill the one that supposedly claimed the life of the emperor. He met one bounty hunter that was relentless in particular, slashing him with a sword that left the giant scar across his chest. However, he managed to escape and steal a spacecraft and escaped the planet. He wandered the cosmos for awhile until his ship began to malfunction, and head for a planet known as Earth.

His ship crashed into a desert area, destroyed beyond his ability to repair, so he quickly ditched it, in case intelligent life inhabited the planet. He kept running until he made it into a city, where his otherworldly clothes made him stand out like a sore thumb. A random nobody tried to mug him, only for the poor man to be accidentally punched through a wall. Batsu took the would be mugger's clothes to help him blend in more (he has been wearing the same clothes since, although, yes, he does wash them). He tried to blend in with the Earth's population... but he saw robbers attempting to rob a bank, and stopped them by crushing the front of the car with his bare hands, and proceeding to beat the robbers into a bloody pulp. That put him on people's radars, the debate raging if he would turn hero or villain.

He has since been trying to avoid attention ever since... Which worked for all of three days, when the Justice League approached him. At first, he thought it was a trap, and tried his hardest to fight them all off. After being contained and calmed down, he explained his story. After they determined that he wasn't lying, they made him a deal. He would join the Teen Titans North, in exchange for refuge on Earth. He agreed, seeing as his only way back into space was destroyed. Now he has to try to fit in with both Earthlings and in a new team...

[spoiler=Powers & Abilities]Flame Manipulation: He can conjure flames and engulf his limbs in them, enhancing his striking power, or throw fire based attacks. He can also breath fire, although if he does it too much, he will start coughing and have difficulty breathing. He can launch flames from his elbows with enough force to propel him through the air. It is not actually flight, just a way to quickly close distance or change directions in midair.
His fire's heat is linked to his emotions, the angrier he is, the hotter it is. It will also change colors. White is when he is at peace, but it is a cooler flame. Normal fire color is the normal fire he uses. Purple fire is when he is really angry, and it will burn him slightly. Black fire... You will die. Simple as that, but he will burn himself extremely badly, comparable to a third degree burn.
The only part of his body that is completely immune to mortal fire is his hands. The rest of his body has a greater tolerance to heat and to fire, but he can still be burned, it just takes longer. He also has no resistance to mystical fire or divine fire.
Due to less oxygen in the air than his homeworld, his flames are much weaker than he is used to.

Explosion Generation: His palms also contain specialized sweat glands that secretes a nitroglycerin-like sweat that he can detonate at will. The resulting explosion are much more powerful than his flames, however, he has much less control over this than he does over his flames, so he tends to use this less. He can, however, wipe this sweat on a surface to detonate later, however, it will evaporate after a time. The glands also retain their original functions, so the hotter he is, the more he sweats, and the more powerful these explosions are. This also means it takes longer for these explosions to gain power in winter than in summer.

Multiple Limbs: He can grow additional arms out of his back, for a grand total of 6. The extra arms function exactly like normal human arms, but they will shatter if hit with too much force. It takes quite a bit of energy to make them, however, so he can only do this about three times a day.

Enhanced Strength: Due to Earth's 20x lighter gravity, he can lift much heavier objects than the average human. This, however, makes it hard for him to control his strength, which he does manage to do for the most part. The maximum weight he can lift thus far is 20,000 lbs, albeit with a great deal of difficulty.

Martial Arts: He has had training in his planet's martial art, so he isn't just a mindless brawler and due to the training, he has enhanced reflexes.

[spoiler=Standard Weapons & Equipment]He has a universal translator attached to his throat so he can speak and understand Earth's languages fluently. It is, however, very literal, so some of his planet's expressions will sound weird in Earth terms. The JL did teach him English, but... He is very bad at it, preferring to use the translator. He will speak it if he has to though...

[spoiler=Gauntlets]stkIyA4.png
This stores any sweat he produces but does not use for later use. The maximum capacity of these gauntlets are over 10 times what he can normally produce, so if he uses them, get ready for some fireworks. However, he himself is not explosion-proof.., so if he fires one at full power, there is a great chance he will severely injure himself.

[spoiler=Extra]

• His real name is Rukji Bezad, but his translator changed it to Batsu Kojin, so that is what he calls himself.
  • He got inspiration for his superhero name Asura because he looked at Buddhist mythology and saw the Ashura. Seeing how it reminded him of his own race, he took the name Asura.
  • The Sufsem actually breath Nitrogen, not Oxygen, so the reduced amount on Earth does not affect him.
  • The way I got the amount he can lift is to see the most Batman has lifted (which was a steel beam weighting about 1000 lbs) and multiply by twenty.
  • The langauge the Sufsem use is the Dino Language from StarFox Adventures. What? It's hard to make a language...

Hmm...so an Iron Man-esque person (Satellite), a kinetic user (Havoc), one with telepathy/enhanced strength (Arcana), a lunar magic user (Cygnus), and whatever Alfonse's abilities are...

Hmm...might make things hard to figure out what y'all need...

I just tried to be unique while trying to cover something they don't have

Archived