Miscellaneous Rules

So, as some of you may or may not know, I posted a thread a few days ago that some people took as offensive, even though I had no intention of making it offensive.

The first thing I don't understand is that all Misc threads are means to be fun games or jokes, unless they have the [serious] tag on them (like this one). My other thread, however, did not.

Secondly, the Misc Rules state that anything goes (except flaming/spamming threads). But when I was warned for what I did, the mod said that what I posted "is really not forum-appropriate", yet the rules show that it's all good and dandy.

So I'm proposing that the Misc Rules should be made a bit more clearer.

• Show a clear limit on what's acceptable in Misc.
  • Emphasize the fact that topics are meant as jokes or games, except when using the [serious] tag.

Because right now, the Misc Rules are very, very vague.

LOL I dont even see why people care about a picture of a cow taking a sheet

when i saw the topic and saw that ampic was removed i thought it was of a cow being slaughtered or something

im not sure why any of ye cared like if i post of a picture of a dog eating food would i get warned too lol?

idk this is pretty stupid imo, its misc you shouldnt get warned for something like that

LOL I dont even see why people care about a picture of a cow taking a s***

when i saw the topic and saw that ampic was removed i thought it was of a cow being slaughtered or something

im not sure why any of ye cared like if i post of a picture of a dog eating food would i get warned too lol?

idk this is pretty stupid imo, its misc you shouldnt get warned for something like that

I cannot believe you are defending actual s*** posting. It's still disgusting.

LOL I dont even see why people care about a picture of a cow taking a s***

@The first line: Didn't see the picture, so this is based on the angry reactions to it, but if it was edited in a goofy way (ex: a cow standing next to a mountain of poop) to make it obvious it was a light-hearted (and probably a bad) joke, and wasn't posted after CowCow made a sorta-maybe-probably serious thread asking for people to stop making so many CowCow threads, I wouldn't see much of an issue either.

@The second line: That's exactly what I thought it was when I saw the thread and everyone's reactions.

As the official misc. mod, I'm utterly flabbergasted that the rules thread hasn't been updated despite making a thread elaborating on proper misc. posting etiquette 2 months ago.

All you need to know is the image that was removed from the post was indeed a picture of a real-life cow taking a crap with the caption "Here we have it, a shitty thread" or something close.

I don't remember the exact link, but you can probably Google Image it or something.

Surely a picture of a cow having a sheet wouldn't actually be an issue if it wasn't linked tp CowCow? It's just rude rather than inappropriate and you don't need rules for that.

Even if it weren't linked to CowCow, some users may find that image disgusting regardless.

While yes, some of you who own pets at home see that kind of stuff on a daily basis; don't post those types of images here.

Archived