huqagy.jpg

Artisans

An 11 Card Set

Created by ~Renegade~

"The pen is mightier than the sword. However, what they don't tell you is that the paintbrush is far more powerful than the pen."

- Artisan Dici

en001_by_peetzaahhh2010-d95nduv.png

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

●You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster.

en002_by_peetzaahhh2010-d95ndud.png

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

●You can target 1 Normal Gemini Monster you control; it becomes an Effect monster and gains its effect, and if you do, this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster. You can only use the effect of "Artisan Tello" once per turn.

en003_by_peetzaahhh2010-d95ndu5.png
● You can target 1 other face-up monster you control; it is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until your opponent's next End Phaseand if you do, this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster. You can only use the effect of "Artisan Raph" once per turn.

en004_by_peetzaahhh2010-d95ndtp.png
●You can return 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard to your Deck; add 1 Gemini Monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster.

en005_by_peetzaahhh2010-d95piy5.png
●You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand, and if you do, you cannot activate that Spell/Trap Card, or a Spell/Trap Card with the same name, for the rest of this turn, and this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster.

en006_proxy_by_peetzaahhh2010-d95pkw0.pnen006_holo_by_peetzaahhh2010-d95pkwc.png
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 face-up "Artisan" monster, and if you do, this card is treated as an Effect Monster and gains its effect. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
●You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; banish it, and if you do, this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster.

en007_proxy_by_peetzaahhh2010-d95ndsb.pnen007_ultrafoil_by_peetzaahhh2010-d95nds
2 Level 4 Gemini Monsters
If this card has 2 "Artisan" monsters as Xyz Materials: This card's original ATK becomes 3000. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; target 1 Normal Gemini Monster you control and Normal Summon it, as an additional Normal Summon. If a Normal Gemini Monster is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can attach it to this card as an Xyz Material.

Street Art: Tagging
[Continuous Spell Card]
Each time a Gemini Monster gains its effect, place 1 Graffiti Counter on this card (max. 3). This card cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effect as long as it has at least 1 Graffiti Counter. During either player's turn, you can remove any number of Graffiti Counters from this card; activate 1 of the following effects depending on the number of Graffiti Counters removed. You can only use this effect of "Street Art: Tagging" once per turn.
● 1: Target 1 face-up Effect Gemini Monster you control; it gains 800 ATK until the End Phase.
● 2: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls for each face-up Effect Gemini Monsters you control.
● 3: Special Summon 1 "Artisan" monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, draw 1 card. If you do not control a face-up Effect Gemini Monster, destroy this card immediately after this effect resolves.

Eloquent Brushstroke
[Counter Trap Card]
If a face-up "Artisan" monster attacks or is attacked, negate the effects of the other monster involved in the battle and destroy it. If the destroyed monster would activate an effect as a result of being sent to the Graveyard, banish it instead. 

Blank Canvas
[Normal Spell Card]
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, Special Summon 1 "Artisan" monster from your hand or Graveyard. It is treated as an Effect Monster and gains its effect. 

Artist's Workshop
[Field Spell Card]
All face-up Normal Gemini Monsters gain 500 ATK. All face-up Effect Gemini Monsters gain 200 ATK. Each time a Gemini Monster gains its effect, place 1 Inspiration Counter on this card (max. 2). You can remove 2 Inspiration Counters from this card; add 1 "Artisan" monster from your Deck to your hand. 

Today marks my 5th year anniversary as a part of the YCM community. I thought I'd celebrate by making a few cards, something I haven't done in quite awhile, seeing as it was the thing that brought me here in the first place. Can't believe I've wasted 5 years here. And while not every second has been a joyous occasion, I am so glad that this site has given me the opportunity to meet so many amazing and unique people. Cheers!

Credits:
A huge thank you goes out to the talented BT for not only helping with OCG
but also working his magic with a HQ template.
Click on the cards to view their Japanese versions. Courtesy of BT

I find a Gemini archetype to be interesting.

I also like how "Heart of the Underdog" could be a great support for this Archetype. I noticed that it won't work since its not Normal in hand lol.

Now these may seem obvious, but I'll explain what I like in each card

For Goh I see what you are trying to do with the effect but the wording confuses me, because if it is Normal Monster Card there would be no effect, but I'm guessing you meant if it was a Gemini

I feel Tello is a REALLY good Gemini support. its like Gemini Summoning twice per turn in a way

I like the balance in Raph's effect. Give a really good effect to someone else, remake it a Normal monster

Reubs is nice to bring back destroyed Gemini.

Veed is nice. Imagine if he brings back "Heart of the Underdog" *O*

Leschi's Special Summoning is really useful if you run this type of Deck. Its effect is just as useful.

Dici has an interesting Summoning condition, but then again it fits the archetype. I also really like the additional Normal Summon so Special Summon effects cant effect that monster.

Tagging is just a good all-round support

Brushstroke is very elegant and has a nice secondary effect.

Canvas makes sense and has a good effect making it an effect monster

Workshop is good for supporting and getting monsters out. I like the name of the counter, as it is very fitting.

NOW TO THE NITTY GRITTY!

OGC fixes

[spoiler=Goh]

●You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster.

[spoiler=Tello]
Once per turn: You can target 1 Normal Gemini Monster you control; [it becomes an Effect Monster and gains its effect/it becomes an Effect Monster with its effect], and if you do, this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster.

[spoiler=Raph]
Once per turn: You can target 1 other face-up monster you control; it is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until your opponent's next End Phase, and if you do, this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster.

[spoiler=Reubs]
●You can return 1 Normal Monster in your Graveyard to your Deck; add 1 Gemini Monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster.

[spoiler=Veed]
●You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card in your Graveyard; add it to your hand, and if you do, you cannot activate any cards with the same name as the added Spell/Trap Card, and this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster.

Side note: This sounds like you cannot activate it when it is in your hand. Maybe (except that target) could be added after "the added Spell/Trap Card".

[spoiler=Leschi]
You can Special Summon this card from your hand by Tributing a face-up "Artisan" monster. If you do; this card is treated as an Effect Monster and gains its effect. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
●You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; banish it, and if you do, this card loses its effect and is treated as a Normal Monster.

[spoiler=Dici]
2 Level 4 Gemini Monsters
If this card has 2 "Artisan" monsters as Xyz Materials: This card's original ATK becomes 3000. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; target 1 Normal Gemini Monster you control and Normal Summon it, as an additional Normal Summon. If a Normal Gemini Monster is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can attach it to this card as an Xyz Material.

[spoiler=Tagging]
Each time a Gemini Monster gains its effect, place 1 Graffiti Counter on this card (max. 3)This card cannot be targeted by an opponent's card effect as long as it has at least 1 Graffiti Counter. During either player's turn, you can remove any number of Graffiti Counters from this card; activate 1 of the following effects depending on the number of Graffiti Counters removed. You can only use this effect of "Street Art: Tagging" once per turn.
● 1: Target 1 face-up Effect Gemini Monster you control; it gains 800 ATK until the End Phase.
● 2: Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls for each face-up Effect Gemini Monsters you control.
● 3: Special Summon 1 "Artisan" monster from your Graveyard, and if you do, draw 1 card. If you do not control a face-up Effect Gemini Monster, destroy this card immediately after this effect resolves.

I felt the immediately would be a nice touch.

[spoiler=Brushtroke]
If a face-up "Artisan" monster attacks or is attacked, negate the effects of the other monster involved in the battle and destroy it. If the destroyed monster would activate an effect as a result of being sent to the Graveyard, banish it instead. 

[spoiler=Blank Canvas]
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, Special Summon 1 "Artisan" monster from your hand or Graveyard. It is treated as an Effect Monster and gains its effect. 

[spoiler=Workshop]
All face-up Normal Gemini Monsters gain 400 ATK. All face-up Effect Gemini Monsters gain 200 ATK. Each time a Gemini Monster gains its effect, place 1 Inspiration Counter on this card (max. 2). You can remove 2 Inspiration Counters from this card; add 1 "Artisan" monster from your Deck to your hand. 

I also really like the images

Any reasoning for the names?

BTW its [Type / Gemini / Effect] Now

PS I spend way too much time on this XP (its been about an hr... wth!?)

Thanks for the review! I'm glad that you've enjoyed the cards so much! 

Most of the names are derived from famous artists.

Van Gogh -> Goh

Donatello -> Tello

Reubens -> Reubs

The only one that isn't is Dici. His name is derived from the Medici family, a very wealthy family that commissioned a lot of paintings during the Renaissance. 

Thanks for the OCG fixes! I'm obviously very rusty in that area(plus it isn't like I ever mastered the art, lol). The issue with Tello and Raph is that I don't think the standard OPT clause works because I want the effect to only be used once per turn, regardless of whether or not a player has multiples of the cards. For example, if a player has two Tellos out, they could use their effects to continuously off one another. And while that really isn't that big of a deal, because I don't think there is much that can combo with that, I think it just makes for bad design.

I'll implement the other OCG fixes when I am not feeling super lazy. lol

BTW its [Type / Gemini / Effect] Now

Blame the card maker is all I can say :P

Renegade, you can opt to leave it as you have it right now; we understand it's still an Effect Monster.

In the case of Synchro Tuners and stuff, not adding the effect part is fine since cardmaker won't do it properly. (Or you end up formatting it differently)

But yeah, Type / Subtype in the textbox should do it; but otherwise it's not necessarily required.

----------

Draconus, remember that you have to follow Advanced Clause in here.

I don't mind you telling him how to format the typing stuff to conform with new standards, but what are your thoughts on the cards themselves?

Archived