[Leaderboard] Dragon Sage vs Brimtosis

Northern Sage

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-The deadline for entries is August 19, 11:59 P.M. GMT+1.

-The contest ends on August 22, 11:59 P.M. GMT+1.

Requirement:

The challenger may pose a requirement, which I can accept or deny.

Make a DARK-Attribute Plant-Type monster that is level 3 or lower.

Card A:

gYA70F1.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned by banishing one level 3 or higher Plant-Type monster you control. At the start of each Stand-By Phase, increase or decrease this card's level by 2. This card's ATK is equal to its level x300. This card's DEF is equal to its level x250. If this card's level exceeds 10; shuffle this card back into your deck. If this card is in a battle with a monster whose level isn't the same as this card's, during Damage Calculation; Destroy that card, then Special Summon a monster from your graveyard whose level is lower than this card's.

Card B:

nWvYK2x.jpg

If you control a face-up Level 3 or lower Plant-type monster(s), you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card is destroyed by battle, you can target the monster that destroyed this card; during the next Standby Phase, destroy that target, then you can Special Summon 1 "Avocaturret" from your deck. You can only activate each effect of "Avocaturret" once per turn.

... I hate to point this out, but it's the 17th already,,,

Anyway, I shall accept the challenge, if it is still available, the card should be done by the end of today.

And the requirements?

Also, not part of the Leaderboard thing, will be part of the Autumnal one though.

... I hate to point this out, but it's the 17th already,,,

Anyway, I shall accept the challenge, if it is still available, the card should be done by the end of today.

And the requirements?

Also, not part of the Leaderboard thing, will be part of the Autumnal one though.

Sorr, c/p, I fixed the dates.

So you don't want your result posted on this season? I can still get mine, right?

So Aspect of Decay is seriously op once you get it up to 10, cause you can really easily keep there by switching back and forth between 8 and 10, which guarantees you any Plant you want. Sure you have to banish a Plant, but you can just banish Lonefire. But then there's the fact that you have to protect it until you can get it up in levels. Sure Lance is a thing, but if you have to use it on Decay to protect it, you're basically killing it. Hmm.. maybe it's not that bad after all... oh wait. Safe Zone is a thing.

Card B is a cute tech I guess.. I mean as long as your opponent isn't stupid enough to destroy it in battle, it doesn't do too much besides opening up Level 6 Synchro plays. Nothung in Plants would be cute, I guess. Could also let you play Armades, etc if your preexisting Plant is 2. I don't think that'd be too helpful though, since Plants are either Quasar Otk which already works well enough, or like... Aroma, which uses Ghost Ogre as it's tuner of preference.

So... I'd vote for A cause it does more for Plants, but really it might do too much. so I'll vote card C, since B seems to do to little.

Alright then, let's see.

Card A requires that you banish a Level 3 or higher Plant first (but that's not really a problem for the most part because of Lonefire).

At best, it can become a 30/25 L10 beater (assuming you keep changing it between 8-10), so it doesn't bounce itself.

Although yes, after it gets to a certain Level, it's essentially guaranteed to blow stuff up for the most part and net you a Special Summon (albeit limited to even Levels + whatever the card can do unless you somehow modulate it to do odds also). It can certainly reach 8/10 within a couple turns, since it triggers during each player's Standby Phase.

If you pop something at 8, you can revive Tytannial or one of the other Plant Princesses for stuff.

Of course, that depends if you aren't fighting another Level 8 (there are still a few that are commonly used though).

Keep it at 6, and you can revive Gigaplant or something.

-----------

Card B can set up for Level 6 Synchros / Rank 3s and stuff for them, but that would imply running Lonefire for the most part (or stuff like Dandylion).

To be fair, don't think certain Decks would want to use this; especially since Yuki Usagi herself exists as a Level 3 Tuner + can get rid of monsters faster.

It does float itself and kills whatever destroys this, but it is rather slow and your opponent certainly can use that monster to either make Xyz/Synchros; you can only SS if you pop something.

In all fairness, I don't think card A will be too much of a problem to handle in the short run, since a lot of Decks are Level 4 oriented + certainly have enough power to run over a 1200 ATK 'mon, but yeah it'll be a pain in the neck later on. That, and removal exists; however, that statement applies to pretty much everything.

Card B can offer Level 4-6 Synchro / Rank 3 Xyz support, but that's about it.

Floating is nice, but it is dependent on you blowing up something first; which opponent can avoid because of its delayed activation. If it destroyed the monster right then and there, maybe it would be better.

-----

Card A does a lot more for Plants in terms of revival, but after a certain point, you'll need to use removal on this (or Fiendish).

If you need to use Fiendish to stop a card, then something isn't right.

Card B provides Synchro support and delayed floating; that's about it.

(I'd vote for card B if the destruction was instantaneous, since you're more likely to pull it off. It's already locked with a hard OPT, so not like you can blow up multiple monsters that turn)

So yeah, as much as I hate to see this match end in a tie, I have to vote C.

Archived