[Leaderboard] Summer 2015 Postseason (Match 1-1)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Rules:

All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most by 8/31/2015 @ 11:59 pm HST (UTC -10:00) wins.
If there are no votes after the deadline, next vote wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Contestants and I reserve the right to reject votes that are not of appropriate quality.
Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

Make an Extra Deck Pendulum Monster

Rewards:
The winner gets a rep from the loser.
All voters get a rep for voting.

Card A

30ji3rr.png

Pendulum Effect: If a monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect: You can banish that monster and 1 card your opponent controls, until your next Standby Phase. You can only activate this effect of "River Guardian" once per turn.

Monster Effect: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can discard 1 card; banish up to 2 cards on the field, until your next Standby Phase. You can only activate this effect of "River Guardian" once per turn. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed (by battle or card effect): You can place this card in an unoccupied Pendulum Zone OR destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zones, and if you do, place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Card B

Performaster of Pendulum Bonds

EARTH Spellcaster/Xyz/Pendulum/Effect

Scales:8/8

Pendulum Effect:

Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Performage" or "Performapal" monster from your hand or face-up from your Extra Deck.

Monster Effect:

2 Level 4 "Performa" monsters

If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this face-up card in your Extra Deck. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can  detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; for the rest of this turn, negate the effects of all face-up Spell/Trap Cards currently on the field, also all "Performa" monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF for each card negated by this effect. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your empty Pendulum Zone.

2100/1300

Card A has generic usage, but is also geared towards Generation Fish. The Pendulum Effect portects your monsters from destruction with a temporary banishing, while also getting in one on the opponent, and possibly triggering your banisharks. As a monster, it has temporary removal on-Summon, that could be quite potent. A big downside in Generation Fish is that there isn't really another Scale you can use with it at the moment.

Card B I have some problems with. Its nature of being a Rank 4 makes it very accessible for Performage combos. A free SS from the hand or Extra Deck per turn in addition to your Pendulum Summoning and other setup is pretty dangerous. The monster effect is also insane. I surmise the idea was to make it an anti-D/D weapon, and it works too well. It's a Quick Effect that can build up permanent ATK gain very quickly. Sure it hits your Pendulum Zones as well, but as the negation is temporary, that's just a slap on the wrist. EDIT: A little bird told me that the gain isn't actually permanent. I sstill think that the very good material requirement and its setup potential withthe Pendulum effect is too much.

Card A gets my vote here.

Well, I can't say that I'm pleased with the voter turnout, but suppose given the trend of Leaderboard lately, 1-0 matches are going to be expected.

At least someone voted though; otherwise I might've had to step in (because I'm pretty sure Striker wants to start the Fall one ASAP; can't afford to run the Postseason longer than it should be).

Anyway, Striker wins this one and moves on to Round 2.

Archived