[Leaderboard] Summer 2015 Postseason (Match 1-2)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Rules:

All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most by 8/31/2015 @ 11:59 pm HST (UTC -10:00) wins.
If there are no votes after the deadline, next vote wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Contestants and I reserve the right to reject votes that are not of appropriate quality.
Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

Make an Extra Deck Pendulum Monster

Rewards:
The winner gets a rep from the loser.
All voters get a rep for voting.

Card A

igknight-errant.png

Pendulum: Once per turn: You can have this card's Pendulum Scale become 7 until the end of this turn. If this card in the Pendulum Zone is destroyed by your card effect: You can add 1 face-up "Igknight" Normal Pendulum Monster from your Extra Deck to your hand.

Monster: 2 "Igknight" Pendulum Monsters
Must first be Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by destroying the above monsters you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) When an "Igknight" monster you control attacks a monster with a higher ATK: You can switch the current ATK and DEF of the attack target until the end of the Damage Step. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in 1 of your unoccupied Pendulum Zones.

Card B

Dragunity Champion - Praetor
WIND | Level 6 | Winged-Beast | Synchro | Pendulum | Effect
Scale:
2600 | 1000
Pendulum Effect:
(1) Once during each of your turns while this card is in your Pendulum Zone: You can Normal Summon 1 Winged-Beast or Dragon-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set (You can only gain this effect once per turn). You cannot Pendulum Summon during the turn this effect was gained.
(2) Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a "Dragunity" monster(s) is destroyed, or leaves the field due to an opponent's card effect: You can draw 1 card.

Monster Effect:
1 Dragon or Winged-Beast Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Dragon or Winged-Beast-Type monsters
The (1) and (2) effects of "Dragunity Champion - Praetor" can only be used once per turn.
(1) When this card is Synchro Summoned: You can equip 1 Level 3 or lower Dragon-Type "Dragunity" Tuner monster from your hand or Deck to 1 "Dragunity" monster you control. It cannot be used as Synchro Material, except for the Summon of a "Dragunity" monster.
(2) You can target 1 "Dragunity" monster in your Graveyard that was not Special Summoned this turn; Special Summon it, and if you do, destroy 1 Equip Card you control.
(3) If this card is sent to the Graveyard or placed face-up in your Extra Deck while you do not have a card in your Pendulum Zone(s): You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

Card A gives a very good boss for igknights, that is able to push for attacks and help maintain advantage.  His Pendulum Scales change effect was a good add and well thought, so it is guaranteed it will not clog, although you could just destroy it along with the other scale to go +2, there are those moments when you can't search due to floodgates.

My only issue with it is how easily spammable it can be, getting 2 Igknights on the field is no big deal, specially when you had those 'fill your ED to 20+ first turns'. You could Pendulum Summon 4 Igknights, get two of this card on the field, then summon the third copy by destroying the 2 copies you have. The two destroyed copies go to pendulum and thats when you use Wavering Eyes to go +3. Like, Igknights can already make ridiculous first turns with RML, while I think this is necessary for the Deck, a lack of OPT restriction in its effect may get me thinking otherwise.

Card B adds a whole bunch of new concepts for the Pendulum Mechanic. I like the attempt to make something different, but are in these cases where balance can go completely out of control.

The Pendulum Effects are nice and the restriction doesn't matter at all for the deck that is being supported. You'll end up only having this in the Pendulum Zone later game, which provides a valuable Normal Summon that triggers the Dragunity effects. The supply squad effect helps making the summons not so risky, so if you lose a Dux, you still have the chance to draw into another one and eventually normal summoning again.

Now the monster effects seem to be the biggest problems here, it does too much and simply outpass the other Level 6 Synchros to a point where you'll only be summoning this for the settups. Also the (1) effect is rather confusing and inaccurate, since a equip card cannot be used as Synchro Material, unless you meant a monster with the same name as the equip card. The (2) has so much potential, you can revive synchros that were destroyed last turn, and then proceed to Xyz'ing which makes the (3) effect so great.

For the (3) effect, you make M7 and detach this card. Get a Dux, then put this card in the pendulum zone. Now you're ready to Normal summon the Dux you just added back. And of course it has a lot of other possibilities, and this is why I'm giving the vote to Card A. While both could have been a little more cautious with the large extent of combos these cards can achieve (a simple OPT clause in the igknight's summon would be ok), I feel like Card B fails for being less realistic and have a ridiculous high range of applications that can generate unfair good results.

Card A gets my vote.

Archived