(AGM)Gargoyle Set

TF2_The_Scout

Gargoyle Broxx

Level 3

Dark/fiend

ATK: 1100 def: 1500

FLIP: You can add 1 "Gargoyle" monster from your deck to hand.

If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 monster on the field; Change it to face-down Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Gargoyle Broxx" once per turn.

Gargoyle Sledge

Level 3

Dark/fiend

ATK: 1100 DEF: 1500

FLIP: Special Summon 1 level 3 "Gargoyle" monster from your graveyard in either face-up attack position or face-down defense position. You can only use this effect of "Gargoyle Sledge" once per turn.

If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it.

Gargoyle Argnant

Level 3

Dark/fiend

FLIP: Send 1 spell/trap card your opponent controls to the graveyard.

If this card is destroyed: You can target 1 monster on the field; Destroy it. You can only use this effect of "Gargoyle Argnant" once per turn.

Gargoyle Quarryman

Level 3

Dark/fiend

FLIP: You can add 1 "Gargoyle" Spell/Trap card from your deck to hand.

When your opponent's monster declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card in DEF Position, negate the attack, then flip this card face-down. If this card is destroyed: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 level 3 "Gargoyle" monster from your Deck, then immediately change it to face-down Defense Position. You can only use this effect of "Gargoyle Quarryman" once per turn.

Gargoyle Ledsig

Level 3

Dark/fiend

FLIP: Destroy 1 monster your opponent controls.

If a "Gargoyle" monster you control battles an opponent's monster: You can discard this card; it gains 1000 ATK and DEF this turn. If this card is destroyed: Target 1 monster your opponent controls and 1 "Gargoyle" monster you control; The first target loses half of its ATK and the second gains ATK equal to that amount. You can only use this effect of "Gargoyle Ledsig" once per turn.

Gargoyle Goliath

Level 8

Dark/fiendATK: 3000 def: 2500

You can special summon this card(from your hand) by destroying 2 "Gargoyle" monsters you control. If this card is special summoned this way: you can change 1 "Gargoyle" monster you control to face-down Defense Position, then immediately flip it face-up. You can only use this effect of "Gargoyle Goliath" once per turn. If this card is destroyed: You can special summon 1 "Gargoyle" monster from your graveyard or hand in either face-up ATK position or face-down DEF position, except "Gargoyle Goliath".

Gargoyle Revenge

Trap

Special summon as many "Gargoyle" monsters that were destroyed this turn from your graveyard as possible, then destroy monsters your opponent controls up to the number of monsters summoned by this effect. Your opponent must control at least 1 monster to activate and resolve this effect.

Gargoyle Restructuring(made by Draco)

Continuous Trap

Once per turn, during your 2nd Main Phase, you can return all face-up "Gargoyle" monsters to your hand: Set an equivalent number of "Gargoyle" monsters from your hand to the number returned by this effect.

Gargoyle Rock Armor

Trap

All "Gargoyle" monsters gain 400 ATK and DEF and cannot be destroyed this turn by battle or by your opponent's spell/trap card effects.

Gargoyle Awakening

Continuous spell

When your opponent destroys a "Gargoyle" monster you control: You can add 1 "Gargoyle" spell/trap card from your deck to hand, except "Gargoyle Awakening". If this card is destroyed while you control "Gargoyle Castle": You can add 3 "Gargoyle" cards to your hand, 1 from your deck and 2 from your graveyard.

Gargoyle Dawning

Spell

During your Main Phase 1: Change all "Gargoyle" monsters you control to face-down Defense Position. At the end of the turn this card is activated: Flip all monsters you control face-up. You can only activate 1 "Gargoyle Dawning" per turn.

Gargoyle Castle

Field spell

All "Gargoyle" monsters gain 200 ATK and DEF. Once per turn: You can activate 1 of these effects. You can only use each effect of "Gargoyle Castle" per turn.

-Change 1 "Gargoyle" monster you control to face-down Defense Position.

-Change 1 face-down Defense Position monster you control to face-up Attack Position.

Gargoyle Xanatos

Rank 3

Dark/fiend

ATK: 1100 def: 2000

2 level 3 monsters

Once per turn: you can detach 1 material from this card and target 1 monster your opponent controls and 1 monster you control; destroy them. When this monsters inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can change 1 monster you control to face-down defense position or flip 1 face-down monster on the field face-up. If this card is destroyed: you can activate 1 of the following effects. You may only use 1 of these effects of "Gargoyle Xanatos" once per turn.

-No materials: Special Summon 1 level 3 "Gargoyle" monster from your graveyard face-down.

-With 1 or more materials: Add 1 "Gargoyle" spell/trap card from your deck to hand.

I see this as a faster Burning Abyss deck with a shaddoll theme.

I see this deck as extremely powerful and a little too broken at times. Some effects all okay and your OCG is spot on for the most of it so great job with that.  This was my main concern in this deck.

Gargoyle Quarryman: my this card is very overpowered and needs to be nerfed. "Opponent declares an attack, You SS quarryman, They attack it You flip it up, add dawning then use destruction eff, SS another Quarryman, they kill it, add another S/t SS another Quarryman." He needs to be put to "You can only use one effect of Gargoyle Quarryman once per turn and only once that turn"

I feel most of or maybe all of these monster should have a "Once per turn" in them. The fact that all except the boss monster can constantly trigger in pretty OP.

I see this as a faster Burning Abyss deck with a shaddoll theme.

I see this deck as extremely powerful and a little too broken at times. Some effects all okay and your OCG is spot on for the most of it so great job with that.  This was my main concern in this deck.

Gargoyle Quarryman: my this card is very overpowered and needs to be nerfed. "Opponent declares an attack, You SS quarryman, They attack it You flip it up, add dawning then use destruction eff, SS another Quarryman, they kill it, add another S/t SS another Quarryman." He needs to be put to "You can only use one effect of Gargoyle Quarryman once per turn and only once that turn"

I feel most of or maybe all of these monster should have a "Once per turn" in them. The fact that all except the boss monster can constantly trigger in pretty OP.

Thank you for your input. I'm kinda oblivious to broken combos since I wrote all cards in one setting. I'll add a once per turn condition to the when destroyed effects.

Sorry I didn't help out with this; it looks like you came up with something really cool though! A very smooth blending of Shaddolls, Yang Zing, and BA that isn't too flashy. There's just a few things that need cleaning, but I have things to say about most of 'em anyway.

Broxx: Very straightforward searcher + BoM, nothing more nothing less.

Argnant: the Archfiend Eccentric of the deck. The only thing is, with how the FLIP effect is worded, I don't think it does anything to pendulums (can I get a confirmation on that?). Of course, you can change it to spin a S/T instead which would still be very effective.

Quarryman: Mmm... Definitely the power player of the Deck. Admittedly, the hard OPT calms the crazy down a bit, but it is still a searchable, generic battle stopper that sets up everything else in the deck. Perhaps the blocking effect only works when your opponent attacks directly or against set monsters? I'm also not entirely comfortable with this card single-handedly summoning the boss from the Deck.

Ledsig: It seems fine. I would say make the FLIP effect optional, but it'll probably mostly be used for its Honest effect more than anything anyway. Probably the weakest link in the Deck though.

Goliath: AAAAAHHHHH!! A RECURRING LEVEL 8 DARK FIEND-TYPE BOSS MONSTER THAT LAUGHS AT SKILL DRAIN!!! That similarly to Grapha is pretty uncanny... Personally, I like this card. It can trigger everything, it's double searchable (Doomdog Octhros) and it has no nomi restrictions. However, the instantaneous recurring thing... Mmm... That I'm not a big fan of.

Revenge: an archetype-specific Torrential Reborn? Yes, please! The only thing that I'm not sure about is if this card could be activated if the opponent's monster zones are empty...

Rock Armor: Waboku. I mean, yeah, it has its uses, but not the greatest. Personally, I would say it would be more potent had it stopped effect targeting since the Gargoyles don't care about destruction but they care about bounces/spins.

Dawning: Oh Gosh. Pure, undistilled awesomesauce in a bottle.

Castle: Basic, usable, potentially hilarious in rock-flip. Seems pretty solid, though the hard-OPT seems a bit excessive.

Ultimately, it looks like what this archetype lacks in speed, it makes up for in consistency. Especially with the plethora of fiend-type, destruction, and FLIP support out there now.

I have an idea: for Gargoyles to have an improved archetype-specific Shifting Shadows.

Gargoyle Restructuring

Continuous Trap

Once per turn, during your 2nd Main Phase, you can return all face-up "Gargoyle" monsters to your hand: Set an equivalent number of "Gargoyle" monsters from your hand to the number returned by this effect.

Archived