Police officer helps domestic violence vicitm by buying her a hotel room and food.

Mutant Monster RAEG-HAPYP

http://wtop.com/prince-georges-county/2015/08/police-officer-buys-domestic-violence-victim-hotel-food/

This shows that police officers do good things too despite what the mainstream media shows you all the time. They aren't all monsters looking to shoot people. Yes, we have bad cops that are trigger happy, but doesn't mean they're ALL like that.

And I'm assuming this comes from citizens ' tax dollars. -_-

technically the taxpayers should get some credit.

You know what? Yeah! funk that woman, and funk that police officer for trying to give her a helping hand. What an outrageous use of our tax dollars!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I'm assuming this comes from citizens ' tax dollars. -_-

technically the taxpayers should get some credit.

I did not realize that it is bad to help someone in need. I'll keep that in mind.

Sarcasm aside, the reason why I posted this thread is pretty obvious. So go spew your crap somewhere else.

Credit must be given where credit is due. The officer was the middle man in the transaction. He was doing the job that other organizations are supposed to be doing. Since those tend to use out tax dollars either way.

"My friend just donated money to charity, so I'm really proud of the company he works at for giving him money to do that with"

??????????

Credit must be given where credit is due. The officer was the middle man in the transaction. He was doing the job that other organizations are supposed to be doing. Since those tend to use out tax dollars either way.

Just leave this thread aready. It's not about tax money. Post your own topic if that is so concerning to you.

93d.gif

I've wanted to use this gif for a long time; thanks for giving me a reason to.

Sorta-rant incoming!

A cop helped somebody in need - as is their job - and we're too busy having a pissing contest over where the money came from to look at the part that actually matters?  Pacman hit the nail on the head; once a cop gets his paycheck, it's no longer taxpayer dollars but his own personal money.  And even if it was taxpayer money in the end, I don't see anyone bringing that up when cops use their equipment to abuse their power.  So apparently, if a cop buys a lady who needs it a hotel room and some food, we taxpayers deserve some credit, but we conveniently don't think about it when they wrongly shoot or arrest somebody.  That about right?

Before this topic gets completely derailed, let's try and get it back on the tracks, shall we?  If we turn every thread about good news into one of these, what's that say about us as a community?

I for one applaud this officer's actions.  As somebody who's drifted in and out of homelessness plenty of times in the past, it hits a very personal good note to see that people will help people who need their help.  I hope the woman and her child can get back up on their feet.  As for our good guy officer, I hope he continues to help those who need it, and that others follow his example.

93d.gif

I've wanted to use this gif for a long time; thanks for giving me a reason to.

Sorta-rant incoming!

A cop helped somebody in need - as is their job - and we're too busy having a pissing contest over where the money came from to look at the part that actually matters?  Pacman hit the nail on the head; once a cop gets his paycheck, it's no longer taxpayer dollars but his own personal money.  And even if it was taxpayer money in the end, I don't see anyone bringing that up when cops use their equipment to abuse their power.  So apparently, if a cop buys a lady who needs it a hotel room and some food, we taxpayers deserve some credit, but we conveniently don't think about it when they wrongly shoot or arrest somebody.  That about right?

Before this topic gets completely derailed, let's try and get it back on the tracks, shall we?  If we turn every thread about good news into one of these, what's that say about us as a community?

I for one applaud this officer's actions.  As somebody who's drifted in and out of homelessness plenty of times in the past, it hits a very personal good note to see that people will help people who need their help.  I hope the woman and her child can get back up on their feet.  As for our good guy officer, I hope he continues to help those who need it, and that others follow his example.

Yeah, I hope other cops follow this example. Anti-police tensions/rhetoric may be spreading across the country, but that doesn't mean officers can't do acts of kindness. In fact, I feel that could actually HELP in relations between police and the community.

Indeed, this shows that not all cops are bad.

Yes, we have the bad kind of officers; as in the ones responsible for the shooting incidents the past couple of years, but they do not represent the entire profession as a whole.

I applaud this officer for helping this woman out when she needed it. Regarding the money used, once he gets paid, it's his to use whatever he needs to.

At least he used it to help someone in need, as opposed to doing other questionable things with it, or doing something else that's been in the news lately.

Yes, we have the bad kind of officers; as in the ones responsible for the shooting incidents the past couple of years, but they do not represent the entire profession as a whole.

This.

Within any subset of humanity, be it a profession, a religion, or something else, there are some good people, and some bad people. The issue is that a lot of people don't seem to realize this, and when they see a few individuals in a group doing bad things, they assume that EVERYONE in that group is bad. There have certainly been instances of police officers being (extremely) overly violent, but that doesn't mean that all cops are evil. I'm not saying police brutality isn't a problem, because it is (body cams when?), but just because you found a few apples that where moldy doesn't need that all apples have mold. And on the other side of the coin, if you look at any group of people that are generally considered to be very nice, you'd definitely be able to find some people who are total bastards.

But of course, people love to jump to outrageous conclusions, and I'm sure I don't need to explain the kind of sheet that happens then.

Archived