[Leaderboard] Summer 2015 Postseason (Match 2-2)

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Rules:

All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most by 9/8/2015 @ 11:00 pm HST (UTC -10:00) wins.
If there are no votes after the deadline, next vote wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
Contestants and I reserve the right to reject votes that are not of appropriate quality.
Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

Make a LIGHT/DARK monster with a Level/Rank of 7+

Rewards:
The winner gets a rep from the loser.
All voters get a rep for voting.

Card A

f62Xtq9.jpg

2 Thunder-Type monsters with the same Level
You can also Special Summon this card by banishing the above Fusion Material Monsters you control. (You do not use "Polymerization".) Once per turn: You can discard 1 card; destroy all monsters your opponent controls. Thunder-Type monsters you control, except "Surge Dragon", cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Card B

WpGSpLs.jpg
1 tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monster(s)
If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, it can attack once more in a row. During the End Phase, if this card battled this turn: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target. You can only activate this effect of "Diana" once per turn.

----

Good luck to both of you.

Hmm, interesting choice of cards.

Card A's Summoning requirements speak either Batterymen or Hunders to me. Given what limited knowledge I have on the two, they would be able to effectively bring this out. My issue is the OPT Raigeki effect. Sure, floaters are, well, floating around the game currently. However, an easy to Summon Raigeki is troubling. Raigeki is @1 for a reason, any giving Batterymen and Hunders another 3 doesn't sit well for me. The protection helps the weaker monsters you'll have, and that is fine.

Card B is a simple Level 8 beatstick with a restricted Monster Reborn effect at the End Phase. Effect destruction would give this thing a hard time, and prevent the battle effects from going off. Though at face value, the OPT Monster Reborn effect does sit well with me, but the bigger picture limits that.

Ugh, both cards have some issues. A is a Raigeki on a stick, though it is suited for a Rogue deck. B is a generic beatstick that can go into any Deck with Level 8 access. Can't go Card C here, so Card A gets it narrowly. It does something useful, but a bit too well at times. Card B is outclassed in the Level 8 department, I think.

After further discussion and thinking, Card A suffers the flaw of working extremely well with CotH. Instant Raigeki on the off chance your opponent gets rid of this the first time. I think that added favor, unfortunately, switches my vote to Card B in spite of Card B being the death to Kozmo.

I vote for Card B.

Card A

It carries too much power in my opinion. Fulfilling its conditions should be easy in Hunders/Batteries, and acts as a 2-material 2700-ATK beater that can turn any card in your hand into a Raigeki, which is more aggressive than most (if not all) 2-material Rank4s currently available; plus it has a cute protection from destruction for fellow Thunders, and while I believe it isn't that strong considering that Hunder/Batteries often go for non-Thunder Rank4s anyway, it can be handy sometimes (e.g. protecting big Thunders such as Industrial Strength, or from a TT when Normal Summoning a Hunder/Battery). On the other hand, this banishes the materials, something that, as far I know, Hunders/Batteries wouldn't like because of Recycling Batteries, Battery Charger, etc., but they could still play this for a sudden push or as last resort.

Although Hunder/Batteries aren't exactly relevant or top tier in the competitive environment right now, in my opinion that doesn't make them eligible for getting a card such as this one.

Card B

It feels underwhelming when compared with other generic Synchro8s available, but with its double-attacking effect it does offer the Synchro8 pool a tool for potentially sealing/stealing games, and more options should be always welcomed. Also the EP revival may be slow, but it can get interesting if you are bringing back floaters or locks/floodgates such as Fire/Ice Hand, Fossil Dyna, Banisher of Radiance, etc.

Archived