Is this an ok card?

Protodax

Any advice on how I should reword it then? It's like, if it attacks, then your opponent can't target it for attacks until the end phase of their next turn. I know, it's weird. But it makes it so that when combined with the other effects, the only real ways to get rid of it are to either banish it, stop it from attacking, negate its effect entirely, put it back in the deck, or take control of it, all of which can be hard to do.

Requiring a total of 3 cards from the hand is a pretty restrictive cost, but the payoff is pretty incredible - having an indestructible, unattackable monster. A near-guaranteed 1800 damage each turn is no laughing matter as it can end the opponent in 4 to 5 hits, and the only way the opponent can stop this is through slightly uncommon card interactions.

Watch out for Breakthroughs as it will completely dismantle your investment.

Actually, I don't think it's even close to broken. It's a -2 in hand advantage and can be bounced by anything that doesn't destroy. That's Castel, Storming Mirror Force, Dimensional Prison, any kind of effect negation, etc. That's hardly uncommon.

Earthbound Immortals already do everything this card does but better with Mound of the Bound Creator up. I don't see why you need it in that deck.

I suppose I was thinking exclusively of my deck when I made it. I run Earthbound Immortals with Zombies, you see. If I could discard two Immortals, or an Immortal and another DARK, that would be amazing. There are some things this guy has that the immortals don't, though. He doesn't need a field spell, he can't be destroyed by card effects, and you can special-summon him from the hand. I could see him being used in some other decks.

Archived