MC Booster Pack Update 5 (Chinese: 4 Holy Beasts)

Lasaro Ginjou

I started a thread like this as my first attempt at Advanced Multiples but I was away for longer time than I should and it was locked. So I restart the thread here. All progress up to this moment and many more to come.

Let me know what you think.

Feel free to request creatures you want me to make.

● LIKE my post if you like my work.

Here we go!

[spoiler=Booster Pack 1: Mythical Creatures: Greek (MCGR)]Riddling Sphinx

qaJltKL.jpg

[spoiler=Details]Written Version

[WIND/***/Winged Beast/Effect/ATK 0/DEF 0]

Cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, target 1 opponent's monster and toss a coin. Your opponent must call it. If the opponent calls it wrong, destroy that monster. The opponent takes damage equal to half the destroyed monster's ATK. If the opponent calls it right, they gain 1000 Life Points; then, you can target 1 opponent's monster and perform a second coin toss. If the opponent calls it wrong repeat the previous effect. If the opponent calls it right, destroy this card. Your opponent gains 0 LP.

Effect and Mythology

1. Sphinx was an unbeatable physically monster = cannot be destroyed in battle

2. When encountered it asks a riddle = coin toss that the opponent calls

3. Those that are wrong die = 1 monster destroyed

4. Those that are correct are spared = 1000 points reward if called right

5. If answered correctly the sphinx asks another riddle = second coin toss if called right

6. If answered wrong they die = 1 monster destroyed

7. Those that keep calling it right cause the sphinx to self-destruct = if called right again the Sphinx is destroyed

Nemean Lion

isqEg7c.jpg

[EARTH/****/Beast/Effect/ATK 1800/DEF 0]

As long as this card is in Defense Position, this card cannot be destroyed by battle except by level 5 or higher Warrior- Type monsters. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

Effect and Mythology

1. It has an impenetrable hide = cannot be destroyed in battle when in defense position...

2. Can be defeated by strong heroes (Heracles) = ...except by level 5 or higher Warrior monsters

3. Its claws can penetrate any defense = piercing damage when battling defense position monsters.

Caucasian Eagle

Iotkmm0.jpg

[WIND/****/Winged Beast/Effect/ATK 1500/DEF 1200]

Once per turn, target 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field: that monster is banished. During the End Phase of the same turn, your opponent can select 1 monster with the same level, Attribute and Type as the banished monster from either player's Graveyard and add it to their hand. This card cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.

Effect and Mythology

1. The eagle was eating every day Prometheus's liver = banish 1 opponent's monster once per turn.

2. During the night the liver was regenerated = the opponent adds to hand a monster with same Level, Attribute and Type from either player's Graveyard.

3. Did not attack Prometheus, simply acted on Zeus' orders = if effect used, the monster cannot attack that turn.

Orthrus

yTTim1a.jpg

[EARTH/***/Beast/Effect/ATK 1400/DEF 500]

When this card is Normal or Flip Summoned, put 1 counters on this card. When this card is destroyed by battle or card effect, remove 1 counter from this card; it is not destroyed and you take no battle damage. This card gains 300 ATK as long as there is 1 counter placed on it.

Effect and Mythology

This one is simple.

1 counters refers to the "1 extra heads".

More heads means more power, hence the 300 boost (like hydra).

With first attack it just loses the extra head and some of its attack power.

Second attack means it dies.

Cutting the extra heads causes no battle damage. No counters, you take damage normally.

Pegasus

dBeJpFi.jpg

[WIND/***/Winged Beast/Union/ATK 0/DEF 1800]

Once per turn, you can equip this card to 1 level 4 or higher Warrior, Fairy or Fiend-Type monster you control as an Equip Card, OR unequip the Union equipment and Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. While equipped to a monster by this effect, the equipped monster can attack your opponent's Life Points directly this turn. (1 monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster is destroyed as a result of battle, destroy this card instead.)

Effect and Mythology

1. Was used by gods and heroes alike = can be equipped to Warrior, Fairy and Fiend monsters

2. Can fly = allows equipped monster to bypass defenses and attack directly.

3. The rest are common Union Monsters' effects.

Chimera

32xJYOG.jpg

[FIRE/****/Beast/Effect/ATK 1800/DEF 800]

Once per turn, during your Standby Phase, roll a six-sided die. Activate 1 of the following effects based on the number rolled: -1 or 4: Destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on your opponent's side of the field. -2 or 5: Reduce the ATK and DEF of an opponent's monster by 500 until the End Phase. -3 or 6: If this card attacks a Defense Position monster this turn, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.

Effect and Mythology

The three possible effects refer to its three beasts:

1. The fire breathing lion head destroys a spell/trap card.

2. The poisonous snake decreases the power of a monster

3. The goat with its horns has piercing damage.

Lernean Hydra

zc9Cob9.jpg

[WATER/***/Reptile/Effect/ATK 500/DEF 0]

This card cannot be destroyed by battle except by FIRE or Pyro-Type monsters. You take no battle damage, except when battling FIRE or Pyro-Type monsters. When this card battles an opponent's monster (except FIRE or Pyro-Type monsters) place 1 counter on this card. This card gains 200 ATK for each counter placed on it. If this card is destroyed by battle with a FIRE or Pyro-Type monster, remove 1 counter from this card: it is not destroyed. (Damage calculation is applied normally.)

Effect and Mythology

One might say that it is overpowering but this is mythology for you. The only weakness is any monster that has to do with fire. All others give it more heads/counters, hence more ATK.

Hydra's Poison Arrow

YW4xL3z.jpg

[spell/Equip]

Equip only to a Warrior, Beast-Warrior, Fairy or Fiend-Type monster and only if there is 1 "Lernean Hydra" in your Graveyard. The equipped monster gains 700 ATK. During battle involving the equipped monster, after damage calculation, inflict 700 damage to the opponent's LP. If there is 1 "Lernean Hydra" in your Graveyard, this card returns from the Graveyard to the owner's hand.

Effect and Mythology

What is a booster pack without Spells? A combo spell to go with Hydra based on Mythology. While hydra is dead we can always use more of its poison so we can use the spell card again. The poison works on the opponent him/herself with 700 LP damage.

Cerberus

wkKahQm.jpg

[EARTH/****/Beast/Effect/ATK 1600/DEF 500]

When this card is Normal or Flip Summoned, put 2 counters on this card. When this card is destroyed by battle or card effect, remove 1 counter from this card; it is not destroyed and you take no battle damage. This card gains 200 ATK for every counter on it.

Effect and Mythology

This one is simple.

2 counters refer to the "2 extra heads".

More heads means more power, hence the 200 boost (like hydra).

With two first attacks it just loses the two extra heads and some of its attack power.

Third attack means it dies.

Cutting the extra heads causes no battle damage. No counters, you take damage normally.

Centaurus and Centauride

ncNU9tL.jpgBl1gXCe.jpg

• [EARTH/****/Beast-Warrior/Effect/ATK 1500/DEF 1200] This card gains 500 ATK for each "Centauride" you control
  • [EARTH/****/Beast-Warrior/Effect/ATK 1200/DEF 1500] This card gains 500 DEF for each "Centaurus" you control.
Effect and Mythology

Another simple one.

These two are a couple so 1 strengthens the other. Like the "Battleguard" combo with a slight difference.

Centaur is the offense, hence gains ATK.

Centauride is the defense, hence gains DEF.

Medusa

nHTmsBf.jpg

[EARTH/**/Reptile/Effect/ATK 0/DEF 0]

This card cannot be destroyed by battle except by a level 5 or higher Warrior-Type monster. During battle involving this card, after damage calculation, if this card is not destroyed, equip 1 "Medusa Token" (Reptile- Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK 0/DEF 0) to the opponent's monster (except level 5 or higher Warrior-Type monsters). Monsters equipped with 1 "Medusa Token" cannot attack, change their battle position or activate any effects. This effect remains active unless this card is banished.

Effect and Mythology

Tricky one. I have done this before in another version but was not satisfied. So, here is my preffereed version.

1. A strong warrior (basically hero) is needed to defeat it = Cannot be destroyed by battle except by a level 5 or higher Warrior-Type monster

2. When engaging medusa the enemies are petrified except of heros = The token is the petrification and does not work to level 5 or higher Warrior-Type monsters.

3. The effect remains even after death = I didn't want to keep it forever. So if banished the effect deactivates. Only if banished.

[spoiler=Booster Pack 2: Mythical Creatures: Egyptian (MCEG)]Guarding Sphinx

cqsHLHe.jpg

[WIND/****/Winged Beast/Effect/ATK 1600/DEF 1800]

As long as this card remains face-up on the field, your opponent cannot select another monster you control as an attack or effect target.

Effect and Mythology

1. In Egyptian Mythology Sphinx was mostly male and strong = relatively strong ATK/DEF2. It served as a guardian to protect something valuable = draws all attack and effect to itself

Bennu Phoenix

tgaJIFS.jpg

[FIRE/***/Winged Beast/Effect/ATK 1000/DEF 1000]

When the opponent declares an attack, you can offer this card as a Tribute to negate the attack and end the Battle Phase. If this card was sent to the Graveyard with this effect, it is Special Summoned in face-up Attack Position during the End Phase of the same turn.

Effect and Mythology

1. The older version of a Phoenix like bird was Egyptian and was called Bennu

2. In some versions it dies in an explosion of fire = Offered as tribute to end battle phase when opponent attacks

3. After that it is reborn from fire = it is special summoned at the End Phase of the same turn.

Griffin

RDG71U7.jpg

[WIND/********/Winged Beast/Fusion/Effect/ATK ?/DEF ?]

"Nemean Lion" + "Caucasion Eagle"Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card's original ATK is the number of Beast-Type monsters in your Graveyard x500. This card's original DEF is the number of Winged Beast-Type monsters in your Graveyard x500. Once per turn, you can banish 1 Beast-Type monster and 1 Winged Beast-Type monster from your Graveyard: this card cannot be targeted by card effects this turn.

Effect and Mythology

1. Is the king of beasts thus the more beasts the stronger it is = ATK equals number of Beast monsters in Graveyard x500

2. Is the king of birds thus the more birds the stronger it is = DEF equals number of Winged Beast monsters in Graveyard x500

3. As a king it rules over birds and beasts = sacrificing 1 of each types to become immune to card effects for one turn.

[spoiler=Booster Pack 3: Mythical Creatures: Hindu (MCHI)]Unicorn

tOlOUsa.jpg

[WATER/***/Beast/Effect/ATK 0/DEF 1800]

While this card is face-up on your side of the field, monsters you control (excluding this card) cannot be targeted by Spell, Trap or Monsters' effects. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if a monster you control was destroyed by a card effect this turn, Special Summon that monster in Defense Position. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Unicorn Horn Token" (Beast-Type/ FIRE/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0) in face-up Defense Position.

Effect and Mythology

1. Unicorn can heal/save other beings = protects monsters from card effects.

2. Extended healing powers = revive a monster that was destroyed by a card effect.

3. Its horn in myths is a valuable product = special summon Token when sent to Graveyard.

[spoiler=Booster Pack 4: Mythical Creatures: Japanese (MCJP)]Raijuu

lBE26bp.jpg

[WIND/******/Thunder/Effect/ATK 2200/DEF 1800]

Cannot be destroyed by battle except with an EARTH monster. You take no battle damage from battle involving this card except when battling an EARTH monster. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell, Trap or Monster effects until the end of the Damage Step.

Effect and Mythology

The first effect monster with e level beyond 4:

1. Made from lightning so its only weakness is EARTH

2. When agitated becomes quite unstoppable hence the immunity to effects.

Kitsune

PlbN6ik.jpg

[FIRE/*/Beast/Effect/ATK 0/DEF 0]

Once per turn, you can activate 1 of the following effects until the End Phase: -Select and control 1 opponent's monster. -Switch the attack or effect target of an opponent's card to another card on either player's field. -Select 1 monster on either player's field; this card's stats become those of the target. -Negate the activation of 1 Spell, Trap or Monster effect and destroy that card.

Effect and Mythology

1. No reference to physical strength hence the 0s.

2. Mind control = taking control of an opponent's monster

3. Shapeshifting = Copying the Stats of another monster. Stats means (Attribute, Level, Type, Effect, ATK, DEF). Don't know how else to write this.

4. Foxfire (or lightning) = Negates an effect and destroys the card.

Kyuubi no Kitsune

HMjN86d.jpg

[FIRE/*********/Beast/Effect/ATK 0/DEF 0]

"Time Wizard" + "Kitsune"

Can only be Special Summoned with Fusion Summon and cannot be Summoned by other ways. Each turn, you can activate the effects of "Kitsune" once each.

Effect and Mythology

1. Didn't want to go the tails 1 by 1 so made it a Fusion Monster. I remembered the Thousand Dragon. This is a similar concept in mythology so I used the Time Wizard.

2. Has all the effects of Kitsune but on a much MUCH higher level hence it can use them all once each.

3. But can only be summoned with proper fusion summon. It goes to the Graveyard? Bey bey fox.

[spoiler=Booster Pack 5: Mythical Creatures: Chinese (MCCH)]Byakko

ELE3PXr.jpg

[EARTH/****/Beast/Effect/ATK 1500/DEF 1500]

Once per turn, you can add 1 Field Spell Card that targets EARTH monsters from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. While there is 1 Field Spell Card that increases the ATK and/or DEF of EARTH monsters on the field this card cannot be destroyed by battle.

Effect and Mythology

I wanted to give it some field superiority in accordance to the Field Spell. Each of the 4 Holy beasts has a unique immunity when a field spell that strengthens it is on the field.

Genbu

eOhMWMN.jpg

[WATER/****/Reptile/Effect/ATK 1500/DEF 1500]

Once per turn, you can add 1 Field Spell Card that targets WATER monsters from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. While there is 1 Field Spell Card that increases the ATK and/or DEF of WATER monsters on the field this card cannot be destroyed by Effect Monsters' effects.

Effect and Mythology

I wanted to give it some field superiority in accordance to the Field Spell. Each of the 4 Holy beasts has a unique immunity when a field spell that strengthens it is on the field.

Seiryuu

3glbEJk.jpg

[WIND/****/Dragon/Effect/ATK 1500/DEF 1500]

Once per turn, you can add 1 Field Spell Card that targets WIND monsters from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. While there is 1 Field Spell Card that increases the ATK and/or DEF of WIND monsters on the field this card cannot be destroyed by Spell Card effects.

Effect and Mythology

Suzaku

z4Jeqo3.jpg

[FIRE/****/Winged Beast/Effect/ATK 1500/DEF 1500]

Once per turn, you can add 1 Field Spell Card that targets FIRE monsters from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. While there is 1 Field Spell Card that increases the ATK and/or DEF of FIRE monsters on the field this card cannot be destroyed by Trap Cards.

Effect and Mythology

This is Yugioh we are talking about so we need to go a bit beyond Mythology to make it fun. This is the purpose of this Booster Pack.

[spoiler=Booster Pack 0: Mythical Creatures: Special Series (MCSS)]Alicorn

jRIqWbK.jpg

[WATER/*********/Winged Beast/Effect/ATK 0/DEF 3600]

"Pegasus" + "Unicorn"

This card can only be Summoned from you Extra Deck, if "Pegasus" is not Union equipped. While this card is face-up on your side of the field, monsters you control (excluding this card) cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, you can target 1 level 4 or higher Warrior, Fairy or Fiend-Type monster you control. That monster can attack your opponent's LP directly this turn.

Effect and Mythology

Although there is no actual mythological records there are unofficial references of a winged unicorn or horned pegasus and a nice name for it was Alicorn.

Pegaleon

iEiyQAP.jpg

[WIND/*********/Winged Beast/Effect/ATK 2600/DEF 1000]

"Pegasus" + "Nemean Lion"

This card can only be Summoned from your Extra Deck, if "Pegasus" is not Union equipped. Cannot be destroyed by battle except by level 8 or higher Warrior-Type monsters. If the only monsters your opponent controls are Defense Position monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly.

Effect and Mythology

There is nothing about this anywhere that I have found. I just saw this awesome picture and had to use it. ;)

Update 1

For the first update of this thread I wanted something special. So I came up with this NON-Mythological (I know) booster pack. For these two first cards I use Pegasus as one of the Fusion Materials and I have as a condition that Pegasus must not be equipped to a monster with its Union effect.

However, I couldn't find an example of it so the wording was my own guess.

Please let me know if you think it is correct or how you think I should change it.

Thanks.

[spoiler=Booster Pack 0: Mythical Creatures: Special Series (MCSS)]Alicorn

jRIqWbK.jpg

Written Version

[WATER/*********/Winged-Beast/Effect/ATK 0/DEF 3600]

"Pegasus" + "Unicorn"

This card can only be Summoned from you Extra Deck, if "Pegasus" is not Union equipped. While this card is face-up on your side of the field, monsters you control (excluding this card) cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, you can target 1 level 4 or higher Warrior, Fairy or Fiend-Type monster you control. That monster can attack your opponent's LP directly this turn.

Effect and Mythology

Although there is no actual mythological records there are unofficial references of a winged unicorn or horned pegasus and a nice name for it was Alicorn.

Pegaleon

iEiyQAP.jpg

Written Version

[WIND/*********/Winged-Beast/Effect/ATK 2600/DEF 1000]

"Pegasus" + "Nemean Lion"

This card can only be Summoned from your Extra Deck, if "Pegasus" is not Union equipped. Cannot be destroyed by battle except by level 8 or higher Warrior-Type monsters. If the only monsters your opponent controls are Defense Position monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly.

Effect and Mythology

There is nothing about this anywhere that I have found. I just saw this awesome picture and had to use it. ;)

Update 2
More Greek Mythical Creatures
Cerberus
wkKahQm.jpg
Effect and Mythology
This one is simple. 2 counters refer to the "2 extra heads".
More heads means more power, hence the 200 boost (like hydra). 

With two first attacks it just loses the two extra heads and some of its attack power. 

Third attack means it dies. 

Cutting the extra heads causes no battle damage.

No counters, you take damage normally.

Centaurus and Centauride
ncNU9tL.jpgBl1gXCe.jpg
Effect and Mythology
Another simple one.
These two are a couple so 1 strengthens the other. Like the "Battleguard" combo with a slight difference.
Centaur is the offense, hence gains ATK.
Centauride is the defense, hence gains DEF.

Medusa
nHTmsBf.jpg
Effect and Mythology
Tricky one. I have done this before in another version but was not satisfied. So, here is my preffereed version.
1. A strong warrior (basically hero) is needed to defeat it = Cannot be destroyed by battle except by a level 5 or higher Warrior-Type monster
2. When engaging medusa the enemies are petrified except of heros = The token is the petrification and does not work to level 5 or higher Warrior-Type monsters.
3. The effect remains even after death = I didn't want to keep it forever. So if banished the effect deactivates. Only if banished

Maybe it is time to take a break from greek ones to make more from other mythologies. The other mythologies are outmatched but there are some cool ones out there. And they deserve a card, right?

Update 3
What is a seto of Booster Packs without Japanese mythology?????

(Info about the mythological connection of the effect at the main post.)
Raijuu
lBE26bp.jpg

Kitsune
PlbN6ik.jpg
I need help with this one. When I say it copies the Stats of another monster I mean all (Attribute, Level, Type, Effect, ATK, DEF). Don't know how else to write this though.
Any Suggestions???

Kyuubi no Kitsune
HMjN86d.jpg

I would appreciate if anyone could give me a link to the Artist of the Kitsune's and Kyuubi no Kitsune's images. Thanks.

Update 4

Some corrections here and there:
1. Griffin is first depicted in Egyptian art so I moved it to the Egyptian Booster pack.
2. There is already a "Guardian Sphinx" in YGO so I changed the name to "Guarding" Sphinx.

Also, in number 004, in place of Griffin, Orthrus. Similar but weaker ability from Cerberus.
yTTim1a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived