My Fake Pokémon!

Pchi

Well, these are my first drawings in ages, and my first time coloring art digitally, so I'm sorry if it's not that good, but here it is:

[spoiler=722. Seedhar]
bz9OflN.png

The Seed Pokémon

My first Fakemon! This is meant to be a Grass-Type Starter Pokémon and part of an evolutionary line based on a peafowl mixed with concepts of ancient South Asian religions like Buddhism and Hinduism, which regard that bird as sacred.

Etymology: Seed + Siddhartha (Buddha Gautama's original name) OR Dharma, a key concept for all main religions originated from India.

Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow/Serene Grace (HA)

Evolutionary line:
Seedhar -Lv.16-> Buddhi -Lv.32-> Pavana

Pokédex entry:

"This Pokémon possesses an innate strong spiritual perception. It is said to be able to remember its past lives, and that its chirps may be heard by its future incarnations. This little bird Pokémon always eat exactly 108 seeds per day. Nobody knows for sure why, but it is suggested that is related to the growth of the seed planted on its head."

[spoiler=723. Buddhi]
BF5GjAO.png

The Peafowl Pokémon

Etymology: Bud + Bodhisattva [one of last stages of enlightenment (Bodhi) before the Buddha]

Type: Grass/Flying

Evolutionary line:

Pokédex entry:

"Buddhi spends most of its time roosting on the highest branches of trees located on the densest portion of a forest, in a state similar to medidation. For yet unknown reasons, it usually chooses trees traditionally regarded as sacred as its roost. It is said that its loud cries are able to scare away malevolent spirits and remove any curse placed on whomever hears them. Many mantras employed by esoteric religions take inspiration from this Pokémon's song."

[spoiler=724. Pavana]
E0mhmZI.png

The Enlightened Pokémon

Etymology: Pavo (Latin for Peafowl) + Nirvana (The final stage of spiritual evolution where the soul is freed from the reincarnation cycle and no longer has to suffer or doubt ever again)

Type: Grass/Flying

Evolutionary line:

Pokédex entry:

"The blooming lotus on the top of its head represents this elusive Pokémon's spiritual maturity. According to legend, Pavana's soul has attained the ability to reincarnate indefinitely on this world by becoming one with the universe, sometimes coming back as a human being.  Whenever Pavana fully opens its train of feathers, it mesmerizes whomever looks at the eyespots on their tips. Scientists claim that works solely as a defense mechanism or as a hunting tactic, but mystics believe Pavan uses this method to share its knowledge about the universe with those it deems worthy."

I hope you like it, leave your comments and critique!

Also, I have Pavana's base stats more or less planned, but I don't have any idea about Seedhar and Buddhi's, and I'd like suggestions for height and weight.

I really like the concept and how much you've seen through and researched, so here's a graphic gift 

[spoiler=artwork remix]

15gr1gx.png

At first i was worried about the grass/flying type, cause i thought it's a bad match for FIRE, but that's only 2x (cause of grass) and the true handicap would be agains ICE, which does x4, but that kind is not that common anyway.  I can see it being Fairy as well,... maybe a mega-evolution. :) 

I really like the concept and how much you've seen through and researched, so here's a graphic gift 

[spoiler=artwork remix]

15gr1gx.png

At first i was worried about the grass/flying type, cause i thought it's a bad match for FIRE, but that's only 2x (cause of grass) and the true handicap would be agains ICE, which does x4, but that kind is not that common anyway.  I can see it being Fairy as well,... maybe a mega-evolution. :) 

I see its spiritual enlightenment schtick as more akin to a Psychic-Type than a Fairy-Type, due to common association between mind and soul. And I'm considering giving them a Grass/Psychic Mega, but I'm not sure. It'd be 4x weak against Bug though. Nice remix, BTW. Thanks for the comments.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your comments, my friends!

Here is a new Fakemon family created by me:

[spoiler=735. Magglutt]

735__magglutt_by_chiftw-d9ci8sq.png

The Maggot Pokémon

Here it comes! My new Fakemon family! This time around, I decided to make a fly-based mon, incorporating details of the archdemon Beelzebub, the infamous Lord of the Flies, to it, focusing mainly on its role as the patron of the sin of Gluttony. I hope you like it!

Etymology: Maggot + Gluttony

Type: Bug/Dark

Ability: Run Away/Gluttony/Opportunist* (HA)

Evolutionary line:

Magglutt-Lv.20->Beelzefly

Pokédex entry:

"Centuries ago, it was believed that this Pokémon was able to travel between the world of the living and the dead through the bodies of dead humans and Pokémon. It is often used for medical purposes, but unworthy patients may be cursed instead of saved. This Pokémon feeds primarily on garbage and remains. As it grows, its appetite increases until it is time for evolution."

*Opportunist: Damage from moves inflicted against a Pokémon with a non-volatile status ailment (Burn, Paralysis, Poisoning, etc.) is increased by 1.5 times.

[spoiler=736. Beelzefly]

736_beelzefly_by_chiftw-d9cigww.png

The Insatiable Pokémon

Magglutt's evolved form, where it becomes a true demon lord amongst Pokémon!

Etymology: Beelzebub + Fly (duh)

Type: Bug/Dark

Ability: Compound Eyes/Gluttony/Opportunist* (HA)

Evolutionary line:

Magglutt-Lv.20->Beelzefly

Pokédex entry:

"Beelzefly is known as a harbinger of doom because it tends to appear wherever death lurks around. It is feared as the King of the Dark-type Pokémon, since it is always been followed by them. It expels a liquid from its mouth which it uses to melt whatever material that whets its appetite. Once it arrives in a new place, it will devour all it can until there is nothing left, and then move to the next location, where it will repeat the process."

*Opportunist: Damage from moves inflicted against a Pokémon with a non-volatile status ailment (Burn, Paralysis, Poisoning, etc.) is increased by 1.5 times.

Sorry, i wasn't able to follow-up with additional comments. I really like the bugs too, the lores are a bit disturbing, which i actually enjoyed.

I see what you did with Beelzefly's hexagram-compound eyes! :) As ocult-themed pokemon you could make it more dreadful and sinister, for example. - "it likes to devour ghost pokemon and scavange through the night" (cause Dark/Bug typing is tricky agains Ghost).

I made a few pokémon of my own, too bad the sprites died with my old PC. :/ could have shared some of my inventions, seeing you're an enthusiast as well. 

My idea for a Flareon Mega Evolution!

[spoiler=Mega Flareon]
mega_flareon_by_chiftw-d9dc9hy.png

My first original Mega Evolution! I chose Flareon to be my first one, since the poor thing desperately need a few boosts and it belongs to my favorite Pokémon type! Behold! As always, leave your comments and fave! I appreciate your feedback!

Dex entry:

"Upon Mega Evolving, Flareon's fur becomes thicker and tougher, being able to withstand an impact of 500.000N. Flareon can regulate its coat's temperature using the flame sac within its body, keeping it lower when it simply needs to warm itself and its trainer, or rising it above 5400F whenever facing a powerful enemy; it is not rare for Flareon's fur to catch fire at this state."

Type: Fire

Ability: Fur Coat

Mega Stone: Flareonite

Base Stats:

HP: 65-(+0)->65

Atk: 130-(+30)->160

Def: 60-(+40)->100

S.Atk: 95-(+0)->95

S.Def: 110-(+30)->140

Spd: 65-(+0)->65

Total: 525-(+100)->625

My brand new creations!

[spoiler=737. Placeto]

737__placeto_by_chiftw-d9dsqcx.png

The Egg Pokémon

And now a mosquito Pokémon! Mixed with medicine items XD ! Other came up with the same concept before, but I swear I reached the same conclusion independently from them XD However, in order to provide some diversification, I decided to design the basic stage after the mosquito's egg, instead of the larva, mixed with a pill. I hope you like it!

Etymology: Placebo + Mosquito

Type: Bug/Poison

Ability: Liquid Ooze/Dry Skin (HA)

Evolutionary line: Placeto - lv.20 - > Injecto

Pokédex entry:

"A lot of humans mistake Placeto for a pill and end up ingesting it. Soon they come to regret their decision when the poison stored inside this Pokémon's body begins to take action. The parents usually lay their eggs in clean and still water. Every year, millions of litters of drinking water are wasted thanks to contamination by the poison released from this Pokémon's body."

[spoiler=738. Injecto]

738_injecto_by_chiftw-d9dsvw7.png

The Needle Pokémon

Placeto's evolution. A mix between a mosquito and a syringe, which is not particularly original, but I worked hard to make its design interesting at least. I hope I have succeeded.

Etymology: Injection + Mosquito

Type: Bug/Poison

Ability: Hyper Drain*/Speed Boost (HA)

Evolutionary line: Placeto - lv.20 - > Injecto 

Pokédex entry:

"Injecto feeds on the blood of humans and larger Pokémon. It is able to produce a powerful venomous compound using microorganisms and toxic substances extracted from its victims. This Pokémon attacks by injecting a highly toxic substance into its target. However, throughout the years, scientists managed to develop countless vaccines and antidotes with the help of Injecto's unique metabolism."

If you could make your lines smoother and put some nice shading into these they could be really nice. Right now they're good but very lacking.

I originally hand drew them with smoother lines, but when I screwed them up when I coloured them digitally...

I still have to learn how to shade my drawings, though.

• 1 month later...

I've came up with this concept long ago, but only now did I feel like doing it for real. Behold, Sudowoodo's (not-so-)long-awaited Mega Evolution! XD

[spoiler=Mega Sudowoodo]mega_sudowoodo_by_chiftw-d9jwsql.png

Dex Entry:
"The energy generated by the Mega Evolution process miraculously causes a large bush to grow on Sudowoodo's head, giving the properties of a Grass-Type Pokémon. Legend says it is due to Sudowoodo's strong desire to become a real tree, coming true through the power of the bonds between the Imitation Pokémon and its trainer. It uses its dense foliage to protect its head from shock while hitting the enemy with its overwhelming 10.000 N headbutts, as well as from the latter's own attacks. Researchers have recently found out that the fruits growing on that bush contain high concentrations of Mega Evolution energy, which they hope might help us learn more about this mysterious phenomenon."

Type: Rock/Grass
Ability: Rock Head
Mega Stone: Sudowoodite

Base Stats:
HP: 70->70(+0)
Att: 100->135(+35)
Def: 115->150(+35)
Sp. Att: 30->30(+0)
Sp. Def: 65->95(+30)
Spd: 30->30(+0)
Total: 410->510(+100)

• 2 weeks later...

I've came up with this concept long ago, but only now did I feel like doing it for real. Behold, Sudowoodo's (not-so-)long-awaited Mega Evolution! XD

(spoiler)

That's so cool, I love it! However, I feel it should get some more foliage on its 'branches', it feels a bit strange for it to get a massive afro but not to get any more greenery where it had it before Mega Evolution.

Archived