"Ambuscade" Card types!

NitroX

This is where i will explain the "Ambuscade" type cards.

So if a card is an ambuscade, it will list it with the monsters type. It will look like 2 colors, purple for the top and orange or yellow at the bottom. The reason why this color scheme is there is because it is a trap when it starts out. It has 3 effects instead of 2, however it does not have a pendulum scale. But can be special summoned through pend. It can be activated as a trap or activated (summoned as well) as a monster.

Here it is from top to bottom, (i dont know how to make it in a card template, so if anyone can help me out thanks!)

<name>..............................................................................................................................................................<element><Trap icon>

<Level>(on left side but isnt rank)............................................................................................................................<continuous sign>

<monster img>......................................................................................................................................................................................

<passive effect box>.............................................................................................................................................................................

<trap effect box>..................................................................................................................................................................................

<monster effect box>...........................................................................................................................................................................

(then the other traditional card id and stuff)........................................................................................................................................

Let me explain what passive is. Passive effect is an effect that takes place with BOTH types. Either trap or monster can activate the passive effect when its called for. I use it to special summon tokens through milling. However the sky is the limit with this new type.

Trap is second only because traditionally it is a trap monster, but can be summoned AND treated as a monster to avoid jinzo's wrath or royal decree.

Then you know the monster and how it goes.

This gives out a complex play and can simplify the monsters eff so it wont be so cluttered like ghostricks. You can have the trap effect box have nothing, the passive is their flipping effect. And their actual do effects start. Its faster and sorts out the effects quickly. Tell me how you like it, and if there needs to be some editing. I will post my cards and their effects on DualPortal or on this site in the Multiple cards section.

If there is an archetype that is an ambuscade type, the passive has to be the same to 80-90% or 100% the same effects. (recommend only 1 or 2 cards be something a bit different, you know, to catch your opponent off guard?)

The syncro ambuscades, and fusion ambuscade would be the same thing, purple trap top, colors associated with anythign but pendulum

Unless an image you show us can show me otherwise, I do not see how this would make cards less cluttered. Pendulum cards, with only 2 effect boxes, already do look more cluttered than even some of the more convoluted effect monsters (see Qlis and some of the D/D Pendulums), because more effect boxes tend to mean more wasted space.

I did mention I couldn't find a way to actually make it, which is why i kinda need help so I could actually make it.  The three effect boxes will have everything in it, and i can provide a lil detail with one of the cards i made in the DP.

Gary, Hunter of the Ambuscade...................................................................Dark...Trap
* * * *...........................................................................................................Continuous

Monster Image is blank

If this card is removed from the field, either by battle or by card effect: you can special summon 1 “ambuscade” token whose stats are equal to this card’s atk, def, attribute, and element.  Its effects are negated.  If the tokens are summoned, send the top card from your deck to the graveyard.  (Should be top 2 cards, not one so it could be a 0 card advantage)

You can set this card as a continuous trap card.  If this card is faceup on the s/t zone: activate it as a continuous trap. When you would take damage: Inflict LP to your opponent half of what you took.  Once per turn, you can summon this card as an effect monster.

If this card is treated as a monster: Once per turn, you can send this face up card from the field to the graveyard to special summon a level 5 or 6 ambuscade monster in the graveyard. Or tribute this card and 1 other monster or ambuscade "card" you control to the grave to special summon 1 "ambuscade" monster whose levels are 7 or above from the deck.  If his monster effect was used, any monster or ambuscades cannot activate their passive effects..

Im trying to find ways to make this only single effects PER box.  As far as being concise goes, im failing a bit.  This archtypes main focus is to pop monsters into hands and replicate the same monster as a token, with 2 mill costs to do so.  This way i can set them up as traps and play on from there.  Its trap effects is from common trap cards played by many players with a slight difference.  This monster thats mentioned, its trap resembles a Magical Cylinder, but you still take the damage and it goes on forever until its SS or left out.  Then again i do see space would be an issue.  Either I would completely ignore the Passive, and move it down to the Monster as an effect tha happens in both places.  (Hence making 2 spaces instead of three)  But the main reason is to further advance the trap monster setup.  Like i could summon the Traps as only Normal Monsters with a lil skit.  But it will also be a waste of space.  Im simply trying to organize the super clutter like Ghostrics have in like its flipping eff and how it works, and after that is their main eff.  I did Scatch some of the wording because someone recently edited them or told me to place that in.  Yesterday or the day before i started to do this:

"    --------------(Passive)------------v    "

Just to indicate a column or anything that relates to the effect so they can find it easier than to explain.  Also now thinking if i mention (would be treated as a normal monster and its not a trap) instead of (it is still considered as a trap).  Leaving it at 2 boxes with the passive still on the top and trap on the bottom.  But then again, how can i normal or ss it as a monster?  Hencewhy its a drafting process and I wanted to see if you guys can help.

You can called this bias if you want, since I am a Ghostrick player, but tbh Ghostricks aren't really that cluttered to the point where more boxes would help. While they do have 3-4 effects on a single card, most of those have only one sentence which isn't really hard to understand. All separating them would do is make them more convoluted than they already are. A better solution would be putting their effects in bullet form, which gives clear separations for their effects.

The KISS Principle applies for cards as much as they do for just about everything else. Basically, if said cards can be made effect monsters, then make them effect monsters. For your archetype though, I suggest just two boxes, trap and monster effects, and no more. Having each effect separated by boxes may seem great on paper, but they don't solve anything on monsters that have even more effects (Such as BLS - Envoy of Evening Twilight who has 5+). It is more efficient and neater for effects to just go into one box unless some of those effects have a reason to be in another box mechanics-wise.

Your suggested card could easily become this:

[Trap Effect] // Continuous Symbol as background, or at one side of the box (where the left or right Pendulum Scale would be on Pendulum Cards

When you would take damage, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the damage you took. Once per turn, you can Special Summon this card as an effect monster.

[Type/Effect]  (Monster Effect Box)

PASSIVE: If this card is removed from the field (either by battle or by card effect); You can Special Summon 1 “Ambuscade” Token (?-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK ?/DEF ?), then send the top card of your deck to the graveyard. ACTIVE: Once per turn, you can Tribute this card: Special Summon a Level 5 or 6 "Ambuscade" monster from your graveyard OR Tribute this card and 1 other monster or "Ambuscade" Trap card you control: Special Summon 1 Level 7 or higher "Ambuscade" monster from your deck. Until the end of this turn, the Passive effects of other "Ambuscade" monsters cannot be activated.

There. An ACTIVE and PASSIVE marker just like the ones flip effect cards have, could be much more concise and neater than a third box, while still being organized. That said, if you insist on having a 3rd box, don't stack it all at the bottom (too cluttered). Rather, put 1 of them somewhere at the top (refer to Pokemon TCG Ancient Trait cards) so that they look better.

that makes more sense, i can simply use the "Passive:" as a denotation of having its effects in both places, and Active, thats a real good idea. Also liked the revision on his effects.  Although passive has to be open, so maybe i can introduce mill instead?  But as far as the term "FLIP:" goes, on the monster with active, does it have to be still flipped or can i do it when i normal summoned it?  Also, the question marks on its stats refer to the target right?  If not, is there a concise way of copying the card and making the token a "clone" of it?

I see what you did with the passive cost there.  Its to prevent super tokens to appear.  I can still try to return to hand, after his effect is done. (on next turn)

oh right

should be a lot more specific. *facepalm*

Warrior, Dark (so i could run beelze if i need to), 1600 or 1400 atk, 1400 or 1600 def,(which is the common stats)  All so far are level 4's.

Dont worry about biased, because i am an open mind, and di fought agaist them, despite its low leveled. It is OP. 

Im also preparing for 2 new archetypes that feature the ambuscde type.  One is "The Flood" like from halo, its fanbased and is owned by Halo and everyone who owns it.  And The yugioh's current trap monsters, with "boosted" effects.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived