[Finished]Finito. Garlandchaos wins.

Northern Sage

[spoiler=Rules:]

- All YCM and Card Contest rules apply. No spamming, trolling, flaming, etc.

- Aside from mod intervention, my say is final here.

- This thread may only be used for entering and questions regarding the contest and judging. Please take otherwise discussion to PM.

[spoiler=For Contestants:]

- Written cards are allowed, it can be quite difficult to find decent pictures. Name/Level/Attribute/Type/Stats/Effect need to be submitted at the very least in this case.

- As I will only accept 8 contestants, please tell me in good time if you no longer want to participate for whatever reason, so I can open up for a new contestant if it happens.

- You are not allowed to change the card once submitted, but fixing errors and such is allowed. If I notice anything fundamental, like materials for an Extra Deck monster missing, I may point it out.

- You are free to elaborate on elements you think need explaining underneath your entry, but it's not necessary and I'll make sure that it won't make any particular difference.

- I will not judge on Grammar, but using PSCT is still preferred for general understanding of what the effect does. Using either TCG or OCG style is fine.

- Entries should be submitted through PM. I will take it upon myself to send it to other judges if applicable.

- Submitting a couple of hours late to the deadline is okay, but I will stop submissions the next day.

[spoiler=For potential judges:]

- Submit your grading rubric as soon as possible so I can include it in this OP.

- Please be as clear as possible with your rubric so the contestants know what you expect from them.

As per the judging rules, you cannot bring in a part of the score based solely on a card picture, and you cannot have an OCG score higher than 20% of the total.

- Make sure to tell me if you do are not able to anymore ASAP, so I know in time how much judging is to take place.

[spoiler=Deadline:]October 31, 11:59 P.M.

[spoiler=Requirement:]You are to make a card based on a Yokai from japanese mythology based in a realistic standard. That is to say, you can make an amanojaku card using an image of Seija Kijin from Touhou, but the effect should be more based around the powers of amanojaku in general and not those of Seija. That would be a Pop Culture card in this case.

[spoiler=Judging:]

Judges:

1. Dragon Sage

Balance/Usability (40)

Interaction with other cards in the game. While Konami sometimes makes cards that break the game in half or cards that are totally useless, I do not want either of those extremes.

Flavor (40)

For a good score, your yokai of choice should flow through the card in each and every aspect. Preferably, it should also fit the thematic standards of the game, but I give you leeway there as there has been some flexibility with the connection of types and such.

Creativity (20)

I do not demand the invention of totally new concepts here, just playing around with what exists. The other aspects of the card can also play into this.

2. jackelgull

Usability(40): Basically, how useful is this card. Is it's summoning requirements not too difficult? Does it interact well with other cards?There's some leeway for this, since I know card that would be bad in many decks can find their home in some specialized decks, but please don't make something like jar of greed useless.
Cost to benefit ratio(40): Probably a better way to say this, but basically how much bang for your buck. I'm not going to look too kindly upon cards with too high cost for too little effect, or vice versa
Thematically appropriate(20): this still is a card contest based on a theme. If you have a well designed card that has nothing to do with the theme I am going to take off points. 

3. Progenitor

Flavor / Theming (30):

Basically, does your card's effects and flavor make sense for its use.  There aren't any weird random clauses that seem completely out of place

Ballance (20):

How well does this card fit in the current gamestate?  Underpowered? Overpowered?  Just right?

Usability (20):

A card that is balanced for a gamestate isn't necessarily usable, and the converse is also true.  A usable card is not necessarily balanced.

OCG (10):

I don't grade very harshly on this point, but big mistakes in grammar are just lazy to me.  So long as I can very clearly understand what your card does (i.e. you include Hard OPT correctly, minor spelling mistakes, etc.) this should be cake.

Creativity (20):

Card isn't just a generic "does something that everything has because it's good."  At the very least it needs to be interesting or different.

[spoiler=Contestants:]I will only accept 8.

1. Gadjiltron
  2. Flash Flood
  3. VCR Cat
  4. Wildflame
  5. ​​XOXO (Not Really)
  6. Tojin
  7. Aman Indra
  8. Garlandchaos

[spoiler=Pot and prizes:]

Pot=4000 points

Donations are welcome~

1st place: 60% of pot and 3 likes

2nd place: 30% of pot and 2 likes

3rd place: 10% of pot

Get participating.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usability(40): Basically, how useful is this card. Is it's summoning requirements not too difficult? Does it interact well with other cards?There's some leeway for this, since I know card that would be bad in many decks can find their home in some specialized decks, but please don't make something like jar of greed useless.

Cost to benefit ratio(40): Probably a better way to say this, but basically how much bang for your buck. I'm not going to look too kindly upon cards with too high cost for too little effect, or vice versa

Thematically appropriate(20): this still is a card contest based on a theme. If you have a well designed card that has nothing to do with the theme I am going to take off points.

Okay, I accept.

I guess I can throw on my judging cap for this one.

My rubric isn't a whole lot different from yours, just a bit more specified:

Flavor / Theming (30):

Basically, does your card's effects and flavor make sense for its use.  There aren't any weird random clauses that seem completely out of place

Ballance (20):

How well does this card fit in the current gamestate?  Underpowered? Overpowered?  Just right?

Usability (20):

A card that is balanced for a gamestate isn't necessarily usable, and the converse is also true.  A usable card is not necessarily balanced.

OCG (10):

I don't grade very harshly on this point, but big mistakes in grammar are just lazy to me.  So long as I can very clearly understand what your card does (i.e. you include Hard OPT correctly, minor spelling mistakes, etc.) this should be cake.

Creativity (20):

Card isn't just a generic "does something that everything has because it's good."  At the very least it needs to be interesting or different.

Archived