3- SI:7 Agent x 2

4- Tinker's Sharpsword Oil x 2

4- Piloted Shredder x 2

5- Assassin's Blade x 2

5- Azure Drake x 2

5- Loatheb x 1

6- Emperor Thaurissan x 1

7- Sprint x 2

This deck is really interesting to play; you'll notice that it's lacking a few key elements, namely the two preparations.  This is mostly because I suck and can't afford them.  It relies on controlling the board with your face.  It has downright amazing matchups against tempo and control; however, against the ever popular aggro strategies it tends to fizzle out rather quickly.

The early mana curve in this deck lends its hand to doing pretty much anything you want with a few cards.  You'll want any of those low curve cards at any point in the game; they're all incredibly helpful in controlling the board and making sure you make it out of turn 5 relatively unscathed.

An early game powerhouse in this deck lies in Edwin VanCleef, especially against early game aggro decks; if you're lucky enough to go second, you'd want to mull for him and a backstab.  Turn 2 coin+Backstab+VanCleef against early game aggro makes things exceptionally difficult to stop, and you'll probably end up winning the game off of his fat ass alone.

Coming into midgame, you want to bring out your inner patron and be super greedy with your cards.  I cannot stress getting the most out of your cards here for their mana cost; pay attention to what you can pull off, and see what it can accomplish.  Just because you have an Oil and a Deckhand in hand doesn't mean you should go face; wait until the late game until you can make that combo truly wreck face.

In your early game starting hand, always drop Blade Flurry, and, if you're going first, Cleef. Unless you go second, Cleef is a shitty early game card that can be better replaced by something else.  Besides, he shines a lot better with his combo points later in the game.  You'll want SI:7's and Backstabs in your opening hand instead.

Other things that are played in this deck are played because of their sheer utility (card draw) or their stickiness. Shredder's a notoriously good card, and Shade of Naxxramas is rather difficult to remove and can swing the game into your favor from nowhere - if you can get him to survive later into the game, he can end it as a great Oil target.

I was thinking about teching a shadowstep for synergy with pretty much every creature in this deck, but space.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm guessing this is an Oil Rogue deck in its infancy?

If so, make Preparation a priority because that card is just stupidly good. 

I would also be very, very careful with the 2 Assassins Blades, because Harrison is a thing that can and will punish you very harshly for playing it, along with the occasional Ooze. 

Get rid of Novice Engineer and put in a Loot Hoarder if you have one. Far better alternative. And that slot should go to Bloodmage Thalnos, eventually.

I would also recommend dropping the Shades eventually and playing Violet Teacher. Shade is decent, but Teacher gives this deck so much more value due to the amount of spells you run. 

Archived