From Victory to Oblivion: Untold Stories (Chaotic Angel's POV) [PG-16]

Chaotic Angel

FVTO%20US%20CA%20POV.jpg

How many years has it been since I've written an Fan Fic? Hmm... I guess you wouldn't fancy knowing.

This Fan Fic is based from my newly-created franchise: From Victory to Oblivion. It focuses mainly on the title "365 Days to Live"

We'll be able to capture ALL if not, MOST of what happened behind the scenes, so you will NEVER miss a thing. I will tell you all the secrets... I will release each chapter bi-weekly, I will ensure that everything is covered before posting each chapter so I will apologise in advance if I don't post each one in time.

And now, to get you started... Here's the prologue:

I will accept all feedback and constructive critisism... Just, don't overdo it.

---

[spoiler=Prologue: Introduction (1,032 Words)]

I’ve told you nearly everything now, about the new franchise I created. From Victory to Oblivion… Obviously, when you took a first glance at it, it wasn’t impressive. Now, I haven’t told you the darkest secrets of this particular title: 365 Days to Live. Judging by that, all of the camp mates that apply here, late or not have just one year to live. Hence the title. The later they are entering the camp, the shorter their lives will become. Grim, isn’t it?

I must warn you first: This prologue will consist of no dialogue from any character whatsoever. Anyone who wishes to write their own POV will need to do the same. Including copying and pasting this message.

Of course, I’ve applied for James Barker, Meguri Nightingale, Tetsuya Kousaka and Rin Walker as of this date to enter. The four of them seem to be getting along a bit… Too well, don’t you agree?

I’ve started off with James Barker and Meguri Nightingale. The role play required two characters from each player initially to start. They entered since the very first day and started off at the Old Campsite, where they collected their supplies used for their survival. It contained a map, a torch that didn’t even last an hour, a couple of sleeping bags which became obsolete (I’ll tell you more about that later), and sixty rations (all of which contained only dry beef burgers, only the meat and not the bun and also spaghetti noodles with little to no sauce.) Chances are, they would probably taste sheet or simply bland. No one would get the picture. Then enemies came straight to camp looking to kill the pair of them.

Then, after the mess was cleaned up, the voice of camp would tell the both to go to the Dark Forest (whom wasn’t revealed at the time). From there, they faced an endless amount of replicas (enemies we faced in the role play) and shortly afterwards, they camped in the forest for the night. The next morning, they eat their breakfast which consisted of rations then they faced their very first boss immediately afterwards: My own avatar’s Lingering Will. That lasted overnight, funnily enough.

Day Three was when Tetsuya entered the game. He shows up injured in the new camp known as the Singing Waterfalls. The scenery was so beautiful that the campmates declared that their new home. How sweet. Then the new guy, James and Meguri settle in their new camp and calls it a day. Oh, remember about those sleeping bags I talked about earlier? They became obsolete because we have beddings and hammocks now. We didn’t need them as much as we had to. They were starting to get itchy for them now by the looks of things.

Day Four consisted of gambling in the Garden of Roses. But, that had nothing to do with the trio. Well… Except for the fact that Tetsuya and James both get injured fighting underwater. And, one particular camp mate’s attitude stank. I won’t mention it, but I think you know who this person is. Then, the fight with my avatar’s Lingering Darkness commenced. That and the previous boss were both phoneys. I think you must have realised that by now. That lasted much quicker than the first one, but it was still an overnight battle.

Day Five quickly approached us and the trio comes home to a Demon Hybrid invading camp and going on a rampage. Then our voice of camp Jun Kotomi interrupts and creates a corrupted version of Tesability Black’s replica: The Blasphemous Shadow and that started going on a rampage as well. After twenty posts, it escapes but leaves a crippling mess that I have to clean up. I’ll tell you briefly about it. The Demon Hybrid started off by invading the Singing Waterfalls with ethereal flames that even the waters have gone ablaze. How it did that, I dunno. Many have been injured and healed but that fight was the most painful compared to the others we have been through. But wait, the whole battlefield turns to ice near the end? Oh, I know. The Demon Hybrid was reaching boiling point and it wasn’t until Tetsuya managed to ram the bloody thing back to camp and hit one of the trees that we managed to let the demon get away. If you ask me, that’s something I should never have let loose.

Day Six is finally there. Rin Walker enters the game. James, Meguri and Tetsuya all enter the Dark Forest to find black flames lit up in the background alongside the humanoid dragon. It seemed like she wanted to pick a fight with the three. Obviously, she lost that fight and had to tag along from there on. Now, the fight with the Lingering Will begins once again. This time… It’s the real thing. It will leave NO ONE alive. Even though it might have the tendency to escape this time, unlike the last time we faced it… It will make sure everyone dies a painful death.

I won’t tell you more just yet, since everything else you will see in the role play. What I will tell you though is… What did the four of them do before and after they entered camp?

In Chapter One, all of my secrets will be revealed. I will tell you EXACTLY what has happened, three days before the four of them entered camp. James first, Meguri second, Tetsuya third and Rin’s last… It’s only because she entered last. No other reason. Oh, let me tell you also… Our voices of camp were indeed Jun Kotomi and Michele Lusterino (Who previously pulled herself in this barren camp as Talen Avalon). The latter would be better to get along with than the former, let me tell you this much. Now, get ready… Because this will be an interesting ride. I hope you’re all buckled up for this as well... The secrets will indeed be a dark one and you’ll never know… There may be something revealed here that I haven’t in the role play.

Now, let’s enjoy the most dangerous ride in YCM history… I think you’ll like it.

---

TABLE OF CONTENTS

---

Chapter 1: Three Days before Going to Camp

Chapter 2: Two Days before Going to Camp

Chapter 3: One Day before Going to Camp

Chapter 4: James' Dairy

Chapter 5: Meguri's Dairy

Chapter 6: Tetsuya's Dairy

Chapter 7: Rin's Dairy

Chapter 8: Chaotic Angel's Dairy
---

• 2 weeks later...

Just an advanced warning: I will change the schedule now to tri-weekly. It's mainly because I need to pass my driving tests. BOTH of them.

[spoiler=Chapter 1: Three Days before Going to Camp (2,400 words)]

James and Meguri’s POV

“So, it’s clear. Those people weren’t happy to see us in the first place…” 

“You think so, James? But, judging by their movements, I don’t think they’ll invade here any time now.” 

Two siblings, James Barker and Meguri Nightingale. Two different surnames. Ever wondered why? They were adopted siblings. James is 23 years old whilst Meguri’s 15. The latter relies on speed whilst her brother relies on strength. With the two merged together? It would mean total madness. We wouldn't be able to beat the pair of them.

Meguri is English, who has an English mother and a Japanese father. She also had four biological brothers prior to the start of the role play. They were never mentioned in there anywhere except for the beginning. Those with interracial parents also proved to be rare, but somehow in this timeline, they are also the most intelligent. 

James is Scottish with American parents. He was born in the heart of Edinburgh, but moved to America at a very young age. From there, he inherited both accents but used his American one as his main choice of accent. If we chose him to speak in a Scottish accent… Things will get, awkward. He couldn’t do the accent well at all, either that or he just doesn’t have a good Scottish accent. If anything, he’s willing to try and learn again but it would get very awkward, as I have said already. 

Now, here’s something about them: Meguri was taken in by Barker purely on my avatar’s advice. He clearly didn’t want to leave her alone. Meguri Nightingale used to be helpless and bearing in mind, she used to be a normal human being as well. James however, was already born as an esper, meaning he was able to use magic from the very get-go. 

“I’ll tell you why they’re not happy to see any of us. The Yim Empire was despised by members of the public because we overthrew royalty. They threw rotten tomatoes at us when I first started taking the throne. Frankly, they still do that now… Those bastards. It’s a shame Neo didn’t bother creating a law to prevent that, it will have helped us a lot.” Now, I know I have mentioned the Emperor in the role play quite a few times. Now, have you ever wondered who he might have been?

Yeah, that’s right. Neo Uchigya. Now the guy is nothing short of being mentioned. He doesn’t make an appearance in this franchise at all. 

Meguri now works as a cardinal for a living, attending church every Sundays in order to give out blessings to the public. Yeah, they still hate us in case you’re asking. Meguri first became an esper when my avatar, Ron taught her all the necessary support and healing spells at a young age. We won’t go into too much detail yet. She can tell us that a bit later. 

James Barker however… He works as a Grave keeper, looking after the local Graveyard a few miles from their home. Unlike Meguri, his sister… He works seven days a week. He even holds out funerals for a set fee. Would he have enjoyed the job? Nah. Because James is an esper, he had to hide his powers from the public. 

James couldn’t use any other magic other than fire before. Not even the Chaos bundle. That is until Ron taught him. Chaos magic are basically normal magic, it’s just mixed in with negative emotion, power and thrive to destroy most things in one or two shots. There’s the Chaos Cure bundle too, which can heal most people to the point they’re a new person, even restoring mana by the looks of it. 

“But, master… What the hell do I see outside?” James said, hurrying outside the coalition’s house to find out what was going on. 

The Good, the Neutral and the Evil have merged into one coalition now. We call it the Yim Coalition just for the safety of it. Only the neutral side doesn’t have a name as of yet. The Yim Empire for the Good side and Chaos Stigma for the Evil. May be you can help us? 

“Oh, funk off.” Ron said, drooping his face in depression at the fact that replicas are about to invade. “Everyone, prepare for combat. I don’t like the sound of this, but replicas are on the loose!” he instructed. Wait, replicas this early in the game? Oh, he’s not kidding by the way. It’s actually a real fight. 

10,000 replicas were outside of the home. Ron already knew this would be an overnight battle, but he was far from pleased with the outcome. 
“Let’s fight then. I want nothing left in here by the end of the next night.” He concludes, unsheathing his weapons Nephilim and Elysium and begins the fight. Everyone follows on and fights alongside him. 

“Ron’s serious this time, huh?” Meguri pointed out, citing the fact he never used to be so serious before. “I wouldn’t count on that, sis. It may just be a fluke or something.” He said, giving out an explanation to the whole situation. 

"What did you say about me, James? Care to repeat that?" Ron heard him say. He wasn't the most impressed at this stage, but he decided to focus on the fight at hand. 

"Sorry, master. I got carried away..." James replied. He too takes the fight at hand, focusing on it whilst it happens. 

Just so we know, Ron and James' relationship is a master-student one. Ron took James in  when he was still a human, when he was still terminally ill. Now that's something I have failed to mention, but that's what we're here for. After that, James took Meguri in as his adopted sister. Now, we can go ahead and let the fight begin. We will come back to them once I’ve covered everyone else. 

Tetsuya’s POV

By the time this happens, James and Meguri will have arrived at camp already. Tetsuya was alone at his house, three hundred kilometres away from the Singing Waterfalls but you know what, he actually enjoys it. 

"I wonder what I should do next?" He said, in a cheerful tone. "Perhaps I'll take a dip in these waters. I hope to do some fighting whilst I'm down there."

In case you didn't realise, Tetsuya is an underwater fighter at heart and the most adept at it than anyone else. He is able to fight on land as well though, and he is equally as adept. His mother language is Japanese, but he speaks English as well in an American accent, much like James. He had Japanese parents before they passed away but his orphanage had led him to camping on his own. He had done so at a young age and has been doing so since. Some would say he had siblings before recently. 

Now, he takes a dip underwater and as soon as he reached below the Old Campsite, he heard enemies from above. 

"You don't say... Potential Camp mates fighting up there? It seems quiet so I'll move on." 

And so he does. He wouldn't be able to learn much else listening to the fight from above. 

He then reaches the Dark Forest and saw Ron's Lingering Will. 

"Wait a minute..." He thinks. "This isn't the Lingering Will I had in mind..." Tetsuya concludes before leaving the area without greeting the enemy. The Lingering Will had the potential to kill off any camp mate, but that one was a fake. The fake that one of our voices of camp set up. The fake one obviously had a vessel to live on. The real one doesn't and is engulfed in flames. Well, one should be happy that the fake one didn't exist for much longer. 

Tetsuya then goes into hiding. He obviously didn't want to be the one to be seen by the other camp mates. If anyone should smell him out, it should be Tesability Black... But, we'll go into that later. 

It was when he went into hiding that he was caught by replicas. He unsheathed his weapons and started fighting. All whilst he was underwater as well, much to his inconvenience. "Well, time to have some fun, then. I wasn't expecting this, but here we go..." He said as he spotted three Isolated Emperors and an Eastern Sinner. I'll take the time to tell you all the secrets about replicas in my very own diary. Right now though, let's enjoy the rest of the story. 

Rin's POV

Tetsuya's POV was a bit short, but we have time to explain why. We still have two more chapters covering their time before going to camp so we won't rush everything all in one go. 

Rin Walker enters in Day 6, before the fight with the Lingering Will for the second time. She was originally intended to enter in Day 8 to join in the Battle of the Immortal Cyborgs. Guess that didn't happen after the helicopter was blown off by the fakery that is the Demon Hybrid. The one Jun set up. Yep, he was one of the voices of camp. 

Let's see how Rin did three days before she entered. 

By then, Tetsuya will have entered the game as well. Rin was still at school so at that point so she wouldn't know anything about the campsite just yet. 

And now... 

"I'm off to school now!" the schoolgirl said, making her way to school as she leaves her house and shuts the door behind her. She summons her wings and flies her way to school. I suppose that's one way of cheating your way there... It's just how it is, hmm? It's the advantage to being a humanoid dragon, I suppose. 

School bells have rung and Rin makes it through the school gates on time. Well, just about. She runs to the school gates as they were shutting and in a nick of time, she makes it in. However, in the events that she couldn't... Well, she could always fly over. 

When the schoolgirl arrived at Shinodome Middle School, she approaches her shoe locker and as she switches her shoes, an unknown letter appeared, unbeknownst to her. "Huh? That never used to be here yesterday... Why did it show up now?" she questioned. 

She opened the letter and took a quick read... 

"To whom it may concern, to whoever reads this letter, I have a quest for you. 

To think that we're alone in our world. Yeah, it's grim. Correct? I thought so. What if you only have 365 days to live? That's another question you really should be asking yourself. 

Why did we have to come so far, only to think that we only have a year exactly to live. What would you do then? What could you do to overcome such hardships? If something like that is something you doubt after all this time then I don't know how I can help. 

Here's the deal. I want to know if you can overcome a year's worth of supplies and live past the time limit. You have nothing to live for. Just yourself, and rationed food. Oh, and bring a weapon and a camping kit... It's going to be dangerous. 

You will see characters that have been in YCM in the past, but they don't recognise you. If you see your family amongst them, don't be alarmed. They probably won't recognise you either. If you can fight against them with ease, I will commend you. But it's far from simple. Someone hacked into the computer system in my office and overpowered everyone by 6000%, replicas, families, friends, the lot. I don't even know how they got to these kind of statistics, but they're powered at such a high rate, so here we go. 

You're in a barren world that has already been eaten up by the shadows, by darkness and the burdens that we bear, that has gone out of control. I'm only a lingering spirit that has gone through the hell you are about to go through. There are only rubble, used cars that have been blown up, wilted trees and the winds that make you step back and think 'what the hell am I doing in this world?' There is no technology in this world. Just you, and everyone else that are willing to go on this boring, long journey with you. It's like a graveyard, you don't even wanna think about it. 

Let's ask ourselves once again then. Are we prepared to go to this desolate world? Or are we ready to witness you chicken out?" 

"What the funk?"

She puts the letter back in the locker, makes her excuse for playing truant and heads out, as quickly as she could. The schoolgirl summons her wings again and all she saw are replicas, who were unknown to her at the time. "Hey! Get the hell out of my school! Who are you!?" But, she had no time to fight. She expanded her wings and flew off. 

As one would say, she's a Japanese-American Humanoid Dragon. She should be treated as any other human except she can partially transform her limbs and her torso into parts of a dragon. Her mother was also a humanoid dragon so that was where she inherited the genes. Her father was a human, funnily enough but he was never mentioned in the role play at all. 

She flew, then landed on the woods where she got herself lost. "Where the funk am I?" She asked. She looks around for a few minutes only to see Kane Underwood who was traveling around the world at the time. "I think you should come with us, missy... How old are you?" The guy asked. "Thirteen... Why?" Rin replied, questioning why Kane asked for her age. She suddenly smiled at the fact that Kane said: "Ron, our founding Emperor is looking for you. I think he has a few words to say to you."

"Really? I'll meet him. It's only because I need to fight too." 

Then, Rin follows Kane Underwood back to London and God knows what's gonna happen next. By the time that was over, Day 4 has emerged within camp. Who knows what was gonna happen next? 

What's gonna happen TWO days before they go to camp? Now, I wonder...

• 3 weeks later...
[spoiler=Chapter 2: Two Days before Going to Camp (1,025 words)]

Rin’s POV

“Ron, I found the girl…” Kane said in a blunt voice as he and the unknown girl come out of the open portal to Central London. Rin walks in from behind and see Ron fighting off the replicas from within his vicinity. By then, he will have gone back home after his stint at camp.

“I should attend to these two…” Ron said, as he escorted the two to his bar which was fitted to his kitchen. “Rin Walker, yeah? Kane over here, my doctor told me about you. Now, let’s take a look at your details…” he said, pouring a pint of beer for himself and a martini for Kane, with Rin helping herself out with her own drink. “A humanoid dragon? Now, that sparks my interest…”

“A mother dragon, who also turns out to be humanoid and a father who is fully dragon…”

“Say, Kane… Where did you find the girl?”

“I found her during my travels in Japan… I gotta say, there’s nothing interesting yet…” Kane said, explaining where he scouted Rin.

Ron looked at the pair, baffled. Obviously he wanted research Rin in a bit more detail, however…

“Rin definitely has a lot of potential… We need to train her up so she can see it bloom.” Ron suggests, but really, what happens next should be up to Rin herself…

Now, let’s take ourselves back to a couple of days before James and Meguri heads to camp.

James and Meguri’s POV

Let’s go back to time, two days before the siblings arrive in camp...

Two days before the siblings arrive to camp and already the environment has improved. James, Meguri and Ron all fought until no end, and it isn’t bound to be over until they become fatigued. Only 3,000 replicas remain but they still show no signs of backing down.

“24 hours have gone and they’re still at it? Ron! What shall we do?”

“There’s nothing I can do about that! They keep coming! We just have to keep holding them off!” Ron replied, but at the same time he holds the replicas off.

Let me tell you one thing: This whole battle took place after my double fought Artemis, the boss you will be defeating in the role play with the Elysium blade, gifted from the Heavens. I guess Heaven really does gift people, only at a price. Now my double is able to control the light and darkness. We’ll get to that later, however.

“You’re not gonna like this, master… But another 10,000 has arrived.” James warned as he looked over at the upcoming replicas speeding through the city. 

“Oh, you’re not serious… You two stay here. I’ll take that lot down.” Ron mumbled in pity as he disappeared at lightning speed in order to try and reach the 10,000 that are coming straight for him.

“But, seriously… funk this. Why would replicas come invading our home at such a tight schedule… It’s that son of a jabroni again, isn’t it…?” Ron thought, but then again he didn’t have much time to think everything over.

“If I’m gonna take 10,000 replicas down, and the siblings take 3,000… I’m gonna do this with dignity. funk whoever thinks otherwise…”

Back at home though… James and Meguri may have a different approach. Two hours since then and they managed to take down all 3,000 replicas. This now gives them time to think about what’s going to come next.

“We’re in camp the day after, right?”

“Don’t think too much about it, sis. They’re bound to do something whilst we’re there…”

Thinking about it maybe torture…

Let’s see how Tetsuya is doing two days before he arrives…

Tetsuya’s POV

Day Two arrives in camp and the battle with the Lingering Will for the first time had only just started. Tetsuya dashed to the Dark Forest from underneath (Yes, he was swimming his way there) and saw it bleeding flames. It was ready to fight the camp mates.

“Show time already, huh?” he thought in his head. Though, it didn't take him long to devise a plan. “Once this guy starts engulfing himself in flames then I can fatally finish him… Water can take the bastard out, no problem.”

Tetsuya then swims out of sight and watches from below, waiting for his time to strike.

“Focus on the Lingering Will, Meg!” Tetsuya heard from above. This causes him to pick out the details of each and every campmate.

“Okay… Tesability Black, James Barker, Meguri Nightingale and Talen Avalon…”

“But wait, the latter’s real name is Michele Lusterino, right? Then… What the hell’s the big idea?”

I’m sorry, but this was supposed to be a secret. But then again Tetsuya doesn’t know much. Let’s move on.

Some time later… Some time after the Lingering Will becomes enraged, Tetsuya finally brings his weapons forth and morphs them. After which, he commands them to break through and fatally bite into the Lingering Will, killing it for now.

“That’s more like it. I'm sorry, but I'm leaving.” Tetsuya announced, but it will have been one more day before he was formally introduced to camp. So then, he moves himself out of sight and waits for his time to appear.

“There’s nothing here that I can leech information out of… But, I guess it cannot be helped.”

“If anything, I just hope that nothing would conflict. This is survival grounds after all. Now, let us meet the new camping site…”

Tetsuya heads back to the Singing Waterfalls and waits for his new campmates to arrive.

He may have been there for longer than everyone else has, mainly because he was born here but the campmates have started out on this journey way before he did. But trust me, he knew what he was letting himself in for. His efforts won’t be in vain.

Well, I guess this is a shorter chapter but by the time the next chapter comes, we will come out fighting. Hopefully I can get some information from other characters…

But until then, you can look forward to how my characters are doing ‘One Day before Going to Camp’...

• 4 weeks later...
[spoiler=Chapter 3: One Day before Going to Camp (1,099 words)]

Now, one day remains before the pair goes to camp. One more day before the journey begins. We can only hope that they learn from their survival experiences. Because for one, it’s far from pleasant, the ride they have to go through. Here’s what they have to say the day before going to an endless Hell…

“This day cannot get any worse now, can it?” I say, in a parallel world where a thing of ethereality actually exists… But, in reality, you could see that he was hyped up for the job.

But Hell, even I was having a hard time creating a dairy for you but then again, recalling the events days before the journey started… That’s gonna be one we will never forget now, right?

Ahem…

Moving on.

It wasn’t long until replicas started reacting again… The way they reacted wasn’t the same as the previous two days. They all suddenly charged at the teacher and his students. This time, the fight was non-stop up until this very day.

“Master! Behind you!"

James said, warning his teacher of the replicas’ whereabouts. Ron? Well, he’d been in over 2,500 fights and rarely ever had he lost outside of training matches against his fellow comrades. 

"Got it, James. Keep focus! I don't want casualties now, do I?" the teacher said. He is said to look twenty, but in actuality, he is well under eighty. This alone puts others in doubt. "Can anyone explain to me what the hell these replicas are doing here? They're annoying!" he said. However, it wasn't until Meguri appeared that she assisted them. "Seriously, you two... You're total bastards to me, you know that. Get your sheet together and fight those replicas! How did they even get there anyway? I wanna know about this!"

Meguri said as she appeared in the scene. She did not look happy when replicas arrived. There were far too many, for far too long.

"Meguri and her attitude, there she goes."

The former Emperor said, who according to the death certificate is… Dead. Yeah, really! Who would have known the famed avatar in question was dead prior to the game beginning?

“I really don’t know. But, who cares.”

“I really want to get this over and done with. I don’t give two shits what the outcome might be, but I want them gone!”

Then, the fierce battle in Central London begins. Oh, and not to mention an assignment from camp.

Here it is!

"What is it, master? Seems like you have something for us." James said, awaiting his teacher's orders. The pure-blooded cyborg simply gives them a letter. "Read it, you'll understand. Meguri, this applies to you too." he replied. The letter reads:

"To whom it may concern, to whoever reads this letter, I have a quest for you.

To think that we're alone in our world. Yeah, it's grim. Correct? I thought so. What if you only have 365 days to live? That's another question you really should be asking yourself.

Why did we have to come so far, only to think that we only have a year exactly to live. What would you do then? What could you do to overcome such hardships? If something like that is something you doubt after all this time then I don't know how I can help.

Here's the deal. I want to know if you can overcome a year's worth of supplies and live past the time limit. You have nothing to live for. Just yourself, and rationed food. Oh, and bring a weapon and a camping kit... It's going to be dangerous.

You will see characters that have been in YCM in the past, but they don't recognise you. If you see your family amongst them, don't be alarmed. They probably won't recognise you either. If you can fight against them with ease, I will commend you. But it's far from simple. Someone hacked into the computer system in my office and overpowered everyone by 6000%, replicas, families, friends, the lot. I don't even know how they got to these kind of statistics, but they're powered at such a high rate, so here we go.

You're in a barren world that has already been eaten up by the shadows, by darkness and the burdens that we bear, that has gone out of control. I'm only a lingering spirit that has gone through the hell you are about to go through. There are only rubble, used cars that have been blown up, wilted trees and the winds that make you step back and think 'what the hell am I doing in this world?' There is no technology in this world. Just you, and everyone else that are willing to go on this boring, long journey with you. It's like a graveyard, you don't even wanna think about it.

Let's ask ourselves once again then. Are we prepared to go to this desolate world? Or are we ready to witness you chicken out?"

"sheet, looks like we're going away for a while..." James said, worrying about what's going to come next. "I'll open the portal to the barren world. The lingering spirit in the letter is actually in need of help. But, it's not easy. I gotta take care of the replicas back here, but you two... You're going in." the cyborg said, and continues with a thought out loud. "That's actually me from another dimension believe it or not. The desolate version. The one that's been trapped away and eaten up by his own darkness." Then, Meguri intervenes. "Ron, this isn't making much sense. What the hell is actually going on?" she said. "What about my brothers? Are they coming too?" she questioned, though she does doubt that they will come along. "Your brothers are fighting with me. How the funk am I meant to do this on my own then? I'm fighting from home and it's just not safe any more!" he responded quite heavily. Ron opens the portal to the lonely world that James and Meguri are after, but then... They enter.

"Be careful out there, James and Meguri. It's going to be very dangerous.”

“Let’s just hope that they make it back here in a year… Safely.”

“I don’t want anything happening to anyone in camp.”

“Time to shoot off...”

Then, the scene fades. Time to see what happens when the rest of the campmates enter this barren looking world. It seems like I’ve covered everything on Rin and Tetsuya’s sides.

There wasn’t any need for me to their POV after all. What a shame...

Sorry it's late. Now, from Chapters Four until Eight will be dairy chapters. These will go up as soon as I have something. Oh, definitely within the six week margin. However, we just have to be patient.

• 4 weeks later...

[spoiler=Chapter 4: James' Dairy (1,146 words)]

All scenes, just like this one was shot after their time in camp. It seems like James Barker in particular had something to say when he got out of camp and into the real world.

“If you haven’t read my journal during my time in camp, you better listen to me carefully. I may know all of the secrets that lie within this camp site. I may have got out of it nice and easy but the next time something like this happens, It will already have been a lot harder than right now, and it will have been too late for myself and Meg to be going back there and saving your asses.”

“Do I recommend all of you going to camp? Yes, but at a very high risk. You WILL die if you’re not careful. If you aren’t sure about whether to go or not, I’d stay away.”

“In Scotland, you will experience frostbites at minus 1 degrees Celsius but in camp it’s much worse during the Winter. It’s probably minus 10 degrees Celsius but it was snowing almost every single day, so it’s not all that bad.”

“Then again, you shouldn’t apply to enter camp if you’re not sure about this dangerous journey. Honestly, I almost died. I remember the rematch against the Demon Hybrid. It was inches away from taking my arm, especially in the first battle.”

“I got Jun to blame for it., I really have.”

“Met this bastard in camp, but he wasn’t exactly helping. I knew who he was straight from the bat because my master installed him on his computer. The ironic thing was… How the hell did he end up installing himself onto Talen’s computer?”

“You can ask her, go ahead. I don’t give a sheet.”

“The difference made will probably be little to none but you get the picture.”

However, it wasn’t much time left until James had to set off to fight the replicas infested in the real world too. As you are aware, you would be seeing them if you were part of this role play. It wouldn’t make much sense if there was nothing to feed on… Or, would it? Either way, he’s probably on a brink of death, so all you can do is pray and hope for his safe return.

It wasn’t long afterwards that James had a strange feeling he would be going off facing other enemies and not just replicas.

He then shares the aftermath of the whole experience…

It wasn’t what everyone will have hoped for but…

Was it for the best?

Was everything as James had predicted?

“The experience is one that could never be shared again. Quite frankly, meeting the campmates was enough. The replicas interrupting our journey… Or was it the Lingering Will and the Demon Hybrid?”

Is it enough, James?

Was your experience what you were hoping for?

Don’t pull your hopes up too high, boy. You still have yet another journey to face. In a completely different role.

“What will I do next then? Oh, I know. I’ll test my strength against the party members of the next journey. Well, should that happen anyway.”

“The Apocalyptic Universe would be much different to what I’m experiencing at the minute and the objective really is…”

“Leave the world in 60 days.”

“It’s important that you take this in because if you don’t get out of this Apocalyptic world within sixty days, you’ll be trapped in there for all eternity and possibly die before you reach the real world. Can you die in Apocalyptia? Yes, you can. Just like in camp, once you get severely hit, knocked out, etc… You will die unless one has some sort of resuscitation ability to help you.”

“That lasts much quicker than right now. The survival setting means you have to stay in that area for as long as it takes. Will you be able to get out of that?”

“Probably not.”

“You’ll end up dead if you try and force your way through the survival setting.”

“To those that wants to take part in the pre-apocalypse… Good luck. You will definitely need it. It wasn’t an easy experience for me but it’s definitely worth it. Would I do this again? Probably not. What will I have done differently if I did? I’d try and co-operate more with my campmates, but I seriously doubt the camp site would return… It is a barren and ethereal world after all.”

“Oh, and please heed my advice. If you ignore it, then you will definitely be left behind.”

“I think my sister will explain more. She was born in a village that was on a brink of an apocalypse. You will tell you more about that.”

“Tetsuya will be able to explain the outcomes in Apocalyptia since as a native campmate, he knows his sheet and doesn’t really lie about it. Better listen to his words if you want out as soon as possible. I can’t help much there.”

“Finally, Rin will be able to help you from a bird’s eye view. Think about it, she’s a human as well as a dragon. She’s what we call a Hybrid, just like the Demon Hybrid we keep fighting.”

“It also helps if Tesability, Michele and Gemini would say a few words about this in their dairies. I’ll be looking forward to those.”

“But what about Alex and René? Surely we need to hear about them and let us know what they have to say. Like my master and I, they have a master/student relationship as well, of course. I won’t deny that.”

"I knew both of their real names because I overheard them during my journey. I know eavesdropping is rude but that's how I knew. I apologise to the both of them in advance... I knew I should have asked first..."

“Now, have I been to Heaven’s Gateway prior to this? Yeah, I have. I fought my master over there as a training regime. It was grim but God, he was strong. Would I face him again? When I get the chance. I will win against him some day…”

Well, that’s enough James. Good Luck with your new role in countdown to Apocalypse. Oh, and you will go there as if 365 Days to Live never happened. That is a parallel world to the one you just came out of.

You will no longer be part of the survival team… Instead, you will be a resident of Purgatory’s Gateway where your master will be living. I will tell Meguri, Tetsuya and Rin about their roles after they had their say in their dairies.

Okay, so you might have heard quite enough for now, no?

That’s essentially all we need to know from James. His experience wasn’t so half bad if I say so myself. Now, shall we move on to Meguri’s Dairy?

Here comes the first of the dairy chapters. You probably realise mine is around somewhere. After that has been written, I'll claim my points and add more chapters on.

Archived