[CC Daily #7.5] Soaring Wind God Girl

Maeriberii Haan

kjXCFxl.png?1

1 WIND tuner + 1 or more non-tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: target 1 card on the field; return it to its owner's hand. Once per turn, you can return 1 other monster you control to the hand; this turn, you can Normal Summon or set an additional WIND monster. Once when this card is face-up on the field, when a monster(s) is summoned, you can target it; return it to its owner's hand.

Well, while I'm figuring out how to rework #7 to be up to the standard, I'll post this one.

Didn't really like how it looks like since it felt painfully generic, effect-wise. Originally didn't really intend on posting this but I guess I'll see the assessment of this one too so I can fix this into something more proper.

Comments and critiques will definitely be welcome~

There we go. This works for speedroid. The level is a nice one, replacing stardust dragon, and the effect acts as both removal and an always-accessible Dancer, strengthening Beigomax and reinforcing the concept of Reborn Tengu and Divine Wind as techs.

ATK stat is also high enough to act as a good aggressor, getting over guys that Chanba would be walled out by, helping to pull OTKs.

I like it.

Yeah, card is solid, but personally I find it a bit bland. Basically it's a Synchro8 Harpie Dancer that just bounces. This may be a bold suggestion, but I feel you could get away with spinning with at least 1 of the bouncing effects instead. It's not a fully generic Synchro8 after all, which could justify the spinning perk.

Nice. Good image. Maybe crop the top a bit.

1. Normal Summon/Set instead of Normal Summon or set.

2. (Not 100% sure) Summoning instead of summoning.

8.5/10

Just as a sidenote that this breaks the Advanced Clause since it's just OCG fixes (and image stuff).

You need to mention stuff related to how the card is designed effect-wise.

------

Anyway, a free bounce on summoning is nice; as is the Compulse effect (even though it has the Red Wyvern clause on that).

ATK is nice enough to take out most things when needed (after it bounces threats away).

Though, you can probably afford to change the last effect to hard OPT, since the WIND Tuner requirement prevents it from being splashable.

If you had made this generic like your previous one, then yeah you'd probably need this.

Here, you can probably get away with it.

Looking at things, only Speedroids can really make this.

(I'm tempted to say MPBs are another candidate, but 8 is generally an awkward Level for them, so that's not really feasible. Maybe they can make use of the extra NS effect, but not likely.)

-----

Otherwise, I think it's fine (albeit limited to a small number of Decks at the moment), but you can afford to buff it. 

Yeah, card is solid, but personally I find it a bit bland. Basically it's a Synchro8 Harpie Dancer that just bounces. This may be a bold suggestion, but I feel you could get away with spinning with at least 1 of the bouncing effects instead. It's not a fully generic Synchro8 after all, which could justify the spinning perk.

Not really sure about this tbh. The spinning thing. It'd just make its one-use pseudo Pleiades effect even stronger that it should be. Granted there's moonlight with an OPT bounce.

Kinda wanted this to be 7 and maybe shift the requirement around since it'd make it infinitely more summonable in a lot of decks, but that'd require it to be nerfed a bit.

Though, for the most part the card doesn't seem underwhelming, right?

I'm kinda unsure whether it'd be summonable in decks outside of Gusto(awkwardly), Speedroids, and Symphonics, so would turning the requirement around work? Like 1 tuner + 1 or more WIND non-tuner or something?

Level 8 for Aya seems a biiiiit high but oh well.

Let's see, this would've been perfect for Mist Valleys if Konami didn't downright murder them ;_;. Can't remember how well Mist Valleys could summon level 8 syncs but I'm sure they'd appreciate the guy. Same with Gusto, probably.

It would be interesting if she could return herself for the 2nd effect, it might lead to some pretty crazy shenanigans. Either way, I don't see a real need to restrict it to '1 other monster'.

I agree that the card feels bland. The first two effects are fine but once I read the third effect, it's pretty much just more bouncing. I'd prefer a flashier effect. Throwing out a random example, 'When your opponent activates an effect, return all cards on the field to both players' hands'.

Archived