Trying to balance broken anime cards

Dragulas

If this cards would come out with their original effects, they would be instantly banned (maybe textbook can be played)

I tried to balance some of the most broken cards, could they be printed with effects like this?

qYqwETQ.jpg

If you have 2 or more cards in your hand (other than this card): Discard all cards in your hand; excavate the top card of your Deck and if it is a Normal Spell Card, send it to the Graveyard, and if you do, inmmediately activate the effect of that Spell Card in your Graveyard, otherwise shuffle that card back into Deck, You can only activate 1 "Spell Textbook" per turn.

rCPusDj.jpg

At the start of your Main Phase 1: Draw cards until you have 5 cards in your hand, but you cannot Summon (if Monster) or activate (if Spell or Trap) any card drawn by this effect for the rest of this turn. If you draw 3 or more cards by this effect, then it becomes the End Phase of this turn. Until the end of your 5th turn after this effect was applied, during your Standby Phase, banish 1 card from your hand, or, if you cannot banish any card from your hand, lose 1000 LP. You can only activate 1 "Card of Demise" per Duel. 

OIWKZo6.jpg

At the start of your Main Phase 1: Destroy all monsters on the field, then you can Special Summon 1 monster from either player's Graveyard, but if you do, only that monster can attack while you control it, During the End Phase of the turn this card was activated, you lose 1000 LP for each monster destroyed by this effect. You cannot Summon/Set any other monsters nor activate any other cards or effects the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Illusion Gate" per duel.

The damage inflicted to the controller is rather drastic. I think it should be halved at least so the controller doesn't practically have to forfeit the duel by using those cards. Illusion Gate can inflict up to 24,000 Life Points in damage and Card of demise 8,000. Not really fair for the person using the cards. Spell Textbook is playable and reasonable, that effect is good.

The damage inflicted to the controller is rather drastic. I think it should be halved at least so the controller doesn't practically have to forfeit the duel by using those cards. Illusion Gate can inflict up to 24,000 Life Points in damage and Card of demise 8,000. Not really fair for the person using the cards. Spell Textbook is playable and reasonable, that effect is good.

Thanks, you re right; i changed the side effects of card of demise, now you have to banish 1 card from your hand for your next 5 standby phases, but i still put an insurance in case you manage to avoid this (with imperial iron wall or something else)

About illusion gate i made less restricted about its activation, so now you can at least control the damage you could potentiallly take, but i kept 1000 lp penalty, you are still destroying the entire field and bringing back a monster for no cost 

For "Illusion Gate",If you managed to deplete your opponent's life points to 0 before your end phase, it will be quite useful, for example bring back The Winged Dragon of Ra, to deal 5000 damage plus another powerful monster from the opponent's graveyard, since there are no cards on the field, no traps will be activated

For "Illusion Gate",If you managed to deplete your opponent's life points to 0 before your end phase, it will be quite useful, for example bring back The Winged Dragon of Ra, to deal 5000 damage plus another powerful monster from the opponent's graveyard, since there are no cards on the field, no traps will be activated

This card could only win you the duel if used in late game, in early game could be a risk. the damage is halved so you need to brig back something really powerfull to win (at least on that same turn)

The winged dragon of Ra cannot be special summoned, if i m not mistaken, a game version of this card ignored the summoning conditionns, thats too OP so i didint include that, and even if that was the case, the card has a very heavy restriction, you cannot summon or activate anything else that turn (like the new errata of chaos emperor dragon). And even if you bring back a monster, only that montster will be able to attack (that will last as long as you control the monster)

This card could only win you the duel if used in late game, in early game could be a risk. the damage is halved so you need to brig back something really powerfull to win (at least on that same turn)

The winged dragon of Ra cannot be special summoned, if i m not mistaken, a game version of this card ignored the summoning conditionns, thats too OP so i didint include that, and even if that was the case, the card has a very heavy restriction, you cannot summon or activate anything else that turn (like the new errata of chaos emperor dragon). And even if you bring back a monster, only that montster will be able to attack (that will last as long as you control the monster)

Any Egyptian God card cannot be special summoned, they must be normal summoned by tributing 3 monsters you control, which is impossible since they are all destroyed. And even if their summoning conditions were ignored, Slifer the Sky Dragon and the Winged Dragon of Ra might actually have zero ATK? Illusion Gate says that all other cards and effects cannot be activated and I think that their ATK is determined by effect, I may be wrong but I think that reducing your LP to 1 and counting the number of cards in your hand counts as activating cards and effects. Obelisk the Tormentor may be a different story but, since it's ATK is set at 4,000.

Any Egyptian God card cannot be special summoned, they must be normal summoned by tributing 3 monsters you control, which is impossible since they are all destroyed. And even if their summoning conditions were ignored, Slifer the Sky Dragon and the Winged Dragon of Ra might actually have zero ATK? Illusion Gate says that all other cards and effects cannot be activated and I think that their ATK is determined by effect, I may be wrong but I think that reducing your LP to 1 and counting the number of cards in your hand counts as activating cards and effects. Obelisk the Tormentor may be a different story but, since it's ATK is set at 4,000.

All three Egyptian god cards CAN be Special Summoned, however, Obelisk and Slifer kill themselves at the end of the turn they were Special Summoned, and Ra's effect can only activate if he is Normal Summoned.

Slifer and Obelisk can be special summoned, only Ra cannot be special summoned. Slifer will still gain 1000 ATK for the cards in your hand, that effect doesn't activate, it is continious. Not all effects activate, same with obelisk about his targeting protection

Fun fact: The effect that sends Slifer and Obelisk to the Graveyard after being Special summoned actually activates, so in theory you can bring back one of those and keep them, at least for 1 more turn. They don't specify that they go on the turn they are special summoned, so ( i am not sure about this) they will at least remain until your opponent's end phase, if not permanently

Archived