We need/should have more people and/or activity in CC

cr47t

Ok, so here goes, I hope this dosent become another fad in misc. Anyway, YCM is a site where we get to do things together, but it is also where we do yugioh stuff, including making cards. Except making cards isn`t much of a thing here right now, even seeing as the site is named after this feature. I think CC should be more active, also I encourage you guys to take some time making your own cards and posting them in CC, if you do not do so already.

Post your thoughts on this topic. Also consider making your own cards, and posting them in one of the Custom Cards forum sections, if you don`t already do so. If you do, try doing it more often.

EDIT: Also please consider commenting/posting on other people`s cards in CC, if you go there. It could be a good help to CC, as hardly anyone replies to other posts, and that might be one of the reasons CC isn`t that active. Thank you Kamashini99 for that point.

I agree that CC does need a bit more activity (and that's coming from me, who is supposed to keep things in line there). 

Probably lack of the monthly tournaments and stuff isn't helping (I was supposed to do one LAST month, but didn't because of academics)

But yeah, please do guys. 

There's a reason why there are incentive threads here. 

Why don't we try some poll awards? Like . . . "Best Casual/Advanced Singles/Multiples of the Year/Month" etc etc etc (Just idea of course, dunno if it would work) and i'm aware it can lead into some bad things.

And the problem i've found why there are decreasing number of people posting at DNF's CaC sections is because of when they post something, their post ignored, no one is replying to it.

Let's say we have a bunch of people posting at CaC sections but most of them being ignored? Ik it's annoying if no one replying to your post, and that's why a lot of people think like "Hah! No one replying to my post don't expect me to post here again" like that.

My point is: Nothing will help by forcing people to post in CaC sections if their post is just ignored, that's why we (as a YCM member), need to, not only encourage people to post in CaC sections, but also encourage people to reply someone's CaC post (feedback, review, suggestions etc etc etc), even replying with just "Nice" word will help.

Why don't we try some poll awards? Like . . . "Best Casual/Advanced Singles/Multiples of the Year/Month" etc etc etc (Just idea of course, dunno if it would work) and i'm aware it can lead into some bad things.

And the problem i've found why there are decreasing number of people posting at DNF's CaC sections is because of when they post something, their post ignored, no one is replying to it.

Let's say we have a bunch of people posting at CaC sections but most of them being ignored? Ik it's annoying if no one replying to your post, and that's why a lot of people think like "Hah! No one replying to my post don't expect me to post here again" like that.

My point is: Nothing will help by forcing people to post in CaC sections if their post is just ignored, that's why we (as a YCM member), need to, not only encourage people to post in CaC sections, but also encourage people to reply someone's CaC post (feedback, review, suggestions etc etc etc), even replying with just "Nice" word will help.

1. We're looking into that, and indeed that was up on the table for a while, but got scrapped because of the impracticality.

That, and the quality at times. However, we still have it in mind; just need to decide what's a good standard to start from.

Once we have some standards set up, we might implement an award system of sorts. (I think Night said he'd be willing to do some badges if I asked him for them)

Not responding to stuff about DNF, since I rarely go there.

4. There's a reason why that review redemption thread was put into place, both for regular CC and 1v1s.

Encourage you guys to comment on cards, and get points for it.

Heck, some of us even offer reps if you critique properly (I know that I offer them).

Hopefully the Advanced Clause isn't that much of a deterrent to you guys; we don't mind you saying "nice", but just explain your thought process.

We don't expect you to memorize the metagame and whatnot, but a bit of explanation on your end helps.

(It should be toned down enough that you should be able to express yourself in the fewest words possible. If you want to write a textbook review, then go ahead, but you aren't required to. It might give you some extra points in redemption, and probably a rep or two from the thread creator.)

In the past, we did allow you to just say "nice" and/or give a simple rating, and leave it like that, however some members didn't appreciate it too much.

Archived