Support Monsters (Synchros and Pendulums) for Genex (Written)

Sluggaholic

As a fan of the original Duel Terminal series, I always felt rather underwhelmed with the strength that was given to the OGs of the Terminal World. While all of them have potential, in some aspect (teching into other decks is Catastor's thing nowadays) to be decent, I was hoping that making an Archetype based on one of the OG Duel Terminal tribes would once again be a thing.

With these 5 cards, I hope to begin my creation of decent Genex Support. I'm in the works of creating a Field Spell for them, based on their place of creation.

The point of the monsters I'm about to introduce is the constantly and continuously pump out T-Genex Star Shatterer- the new boss monster of the Genex Monster.

LORE: "While the threat of the Worms has died down, the ancient factory that had once pumped out such amazing battle machines has not. In fact, in recent, it's been quite active. Sinister beings of shadow, controlled by an all-powerful Construct, have rebuilt, re-programmed the ancient technology, and twisted for their own selfish deeds. The Shaddolls began to re-create the ancient war machines that slayed the Worms. However, these war machines need a power source...

Thus they were created. The ultimate forms of energy.

The P-Genex. Known by the workers of Claiomh as Pendulum Genex."

The Pendulum Monsters:

P-Genex Pendarger

Pendulum Scale: <2 / 2>

Pendulum Effect: "You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters except for cards whose names include "Genex" or "Ally of Justice" in them. This effect cannot be negated. When you Pendulum Summon a "Genex" or "Ally of Justice" monster, gain Life Points equal to that monster's level x200."

LIGHT Attribute - Level 1 - Machine-Type / Pendulum / Effect - 300 ATK/ 100 DEF

Monster Effect: "If you control a face-up Genex Tuner Monster and your Pendulum Scales are full: Pay 500 Life Points, Special Summon this monster in face-up Attack Position. You cannot control another face-up "P-Genex" Monster in your Monster Card Zone. Once per turn, you can target one LIGHT Attribute Monster on your opponents side of the field: it's returned to the hand, and you gain Life Points equal to that monster's original attack."

P-Genex Pendengine

Pendulum Scale: <8 / 8>

Pendulum Effect: "You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters except for cards whose names include "Genex" or "Ally of Justice" in them. This effect cannot be negated. When you Pendulum Summon a "Genex" or "Ally of Justice" monster, you can add any number of Machine-Type Tuner Monsters to your hand whose combined levels are less than or equal to the amount of cards Pendulum Summoned."

DARK Attribute - Level 5 - Machine-Type / Pendulum / Effect - 1900 ATK/ 200 DEF

Monster Effect: "If you control a face-up Genex Tuner Monster and your Pendulum Scales are full: Pay 500 Life Points, Special Summon this monster in face-up Defense Position. You cannot control another face-up "P-Genex" Monster in your Monster Card Zone. Once per turn, you can declare one Attribute: this card becomes that Attribute until the end of the turn."

- - - - -

LORE: "However, upon realizing simply giving power to old, often decrepit machines wasn't enough, they began to once again use the Genex ability to communicate and become self-aware to their advantage, allowing the Pendulum Monsters to Sync up with Genex Controller, as so to both keep them in check, and, so they could create new Machines, whose arrival onto the battlefield would spell doom for their foes. In only a year's time, two new monsters, whose Synchronization was perfect, were born."

The Synchro Monsters:

Genex Pendulergy

LIGHT Attribute - Level 4 - Machine-Type / Synchro / Tuner / Effect - 900 ATK/ 2700 DEF

Monster Effect: 

"1 "Genex" Tuner + 1 "P-Genex Pendarger"

When this card is Special Summoned, target one card on the field: return it to the hand, and if it was a LIGHT Attribute Monster Card, inflict damage to your opponents Life Points equal to that monster's original Attack. Once, while this card is face-up on the field, you can target one Machine Type Monster Card you control: equip this card to that monster: it gains attack equal to its Level x200 and once per turn cannot be destroyed by battle or affected by your opponents card effects".

Genex Pendulator

DARK Attribute - Level 8 - Machine-Type / Synchro / Effect - 2700 ATK/ 900 DEF

Monster Effect:

"1 "Genex" Tuner + 1 "P-Genex Pendengine"

This card's effects depend on the Attribute(s) of its non-Tuner Synchro Material Monster: *EARTH: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. *FIRE: When this card destroys a monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the destroyed monsters original Attack Points. *WATER: When this card is Synchro Summoned: gain Life Points equal to this monster's Attack Points. *WIND: When this card is Synchro Summoned: return one card your opponent controls to the hand, then, you can pay 500 Life Points: this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. If the monster returned to the hand is a LIGHT Monster, shuffle it into the deck. *LIGHT: Destroy this card and all cards on both player's fields and take damage equal to the amount of cards destroyed by this effect x100 *DARK: Banish all LIGHT Monsters on both players' side of the field, then, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of cards banished by this effect x100".

- - - - -

LORE: "To Claiomh's surprise, these two Machines were even better at communicating with each other and their Genex brethren than the original Genex Controller and original Genex Machines were. So much, in fact, that they began more research into what they'd created, exactly. The discovery that Pendulergy had somehow retained Controller's ability to communicate made them extremely excited to see what it could do. However, to their dismay, they were attacked during their R&D. But, to their surprise, the two monsters they'd created protected them and their Genex brethren, combining to form a creature unlike any other. A creature with the power to destroy the heavens itself...

The True Genex Monster, who'd lead them to survival, and ultimately, victory."

The (Boss) Synchro Monster - Accel Synchro Monster:

T-Genex Star Shatterer
DARK Attribute - Level 12 - Machine-Type / Synchro (Accel) / Effect - 3900 ATK/ 3300 DEF
Monster Effect:
"1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 "Genex" Synchro Monster

This card is also FIRE, WATER, EARTH, and WIND Attribute. Each effect of "T-Genex Star Shatterer" can only be used once per turn.
*If you control no other monsters, you can pay 500 Life Points: target one Machine-Type Normal Monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon it, and double its Attack. It cannot attack your opponent directly and it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.
*You can pay 1000 Life Points to destroy all LIGHT Attribute monsters your opponent controls. Cards cannot be activated in response to this card's effect's activation, and if you destroy those monsters, they cannot be effected by your opponent's card effects for the rest of the duel.
*During either player's turn, if you have no cards in your Spell/Trap Zone, you can pay 1000 Life Points: Target one Spell/Trap in your Graveyard and set it in your Spell/Trap Zone. The card set by this card's effect can be used this turn.
*If have no cards in either of your Pendulum Zones, you can pay 1000 Life Points: Add one "P-Genex" monster from your deck to your hand."

- - - - -

LORE: "Finally, with the threat of those horrendous monsters gone, with the help of 'Star Shatterer' and 'Shaddoll Construct', the factory workers could set about rebuilding their once magnificent factory to be better, faster, stronger. They would not risk being defeated again. They would never stop working. As long as there was a light to be snuffed out, Claiomh Solais would be there to put it out."

Claiomh Solais - Factory of 10,000 Machines
Spell - Field
Spell Effect:
"Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Increase the ATK of all DARK Attribute Monsters on the field by 500 Points. Increase the ATK of all Machine-Type Monsters on the field by 200 Points. Whenever a Machine-Type Monster is Synchro Summoned to your side of the field using a "Genex" or "Ally of Justice" Tuner, put "Claiomh" Counters on this card equal to the number of cards used for the Synchro Summon. Depending on the amount of "Claiomh" Counters on this card, you may activate a different effect:
2 Counters - Remove 2 Counters from this card: Draw 1 Card.
4 Counters - If a "Genex" or "Ally of Justice" Monster would be destroyed by a card effect, you may remove 2 Counters from this card to prevent the destruction.
6 Counters - If your Pendulum Zones are empty, remove 4 Counters from this card: Add 2 "P-Genex" Cards from your Deck to your hand.
8 Counters - Once per turn, you can remove all counters from this card and target any number of Machine-Type Monsters in your Graveyard: Special Summon those monsters, and if you do, pay 1000 Life Points per monster Summoned this way. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect."

- - - - -

CnC very much welcome! Feel free to give me Lore Suggestions as well, since I feel like cards made to support the Duel Terminal series should have some (even just a little) lore to them, even if their story is supposed to be told through the card art.

EDITS: 12 / 10 / 15 - Added rewards to Pendulum Summoning with Pendarger and Pendengine
- Boosted equip Attack boost for Pendulergy and added protection effect
- Fixed up Star Shatterer's text

EDIT: 12 / 11 / 15 - Added "Claiomh Solais - Factory of 10,000 Machines" Field Spell

I'd like to start this off by saying two things: I love this immediately because it's Genex support, which we direly need. Second, homies unite.

I like how you added lore to your cards. It's pretty well-done lore too. Good job on that bit.

I think you can give the Genex Pendulums an actual Pendulum effect, instead of just a restriction. Genex are so underpowered that they need it, to be honest. You can also take out the "This card cannot be Pendulum Summoned, except from the Extra Deck" part. Pendarger can't be Pendulum Summoned, period, due to its level, and Pendengine would become much more usable if it wasn't there.

Pendulergy and Pendulator are fine the way they are, in my opinion, though I think Pendulergy sounds better as Pendenergy, and its equip effect is rather underwhelming. If you want to keep it on Pendulergy, you should buff it. Maybe 200 ATK per level, or a protection clause.

For Star Shatterer's third effect, you can just say "If you control no Spell or Trap cards". For its second effect, making your opponents only control LIGHT monsters to be able to use it seems kinda restrictive to me. You can make it so your opponent's monsters don't all have to be LIGHT, and it'd be fine. Having them be unaffected by card effects for the rest of the duel, however, is kinda OP. I'd change that if I were you. Also, Pendulum Monsters in the Pendulum Zones are treated as Spells, not monsters. Finally, the LP payment wording is kinda off. You can just say to pay 1000 instead of saying to pay 500, then pay an additional 500. It'd look something like this (changes I've suggested implemented):

T-Genex Star Shatterer
DARK Attribute - Level 12 - Machine-Type / Synchro (Accel) / Effect - 3900 ATK/ 3300 DEF
Monster Effect:
"1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 "Genex" Synchro Monster

This card is also FIRE, WATER, EARTH, and WIND Attribute. Each effect of "T-Genex Star Shatterer" can only be used once per turn.
*If you control no other monsters, you can pay 500 Life Points: Target one Machine-Type Normal Monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon it, and double its Attack. It cannot attack your opponent directly and it cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects.
*You can pay 1000 Life Points to destroy all LIGHT Attribute monsters your opponent controls. Cards cannot be activated in response to this card's effect's activation, and if you destroy those monsters, they cannot be effected by your opponent's card effects for the rest of the duel.
*During either player's turn, if you control no Spell or Trap cards, you can pay 1000 Life Points: Target one Spell/Trap in your Graveyard and set it in your Spell/Trap Zone. The card set by this card's effect can be used this turn.
*If have no cards in either of your Pendulum Zones, you can pay 1000 Life Points: Add one "P-Genex" monster from your deck to your hand."

To conclude, I really like where you're going with this! I can't wait to see more!  :7627_key:

Thanks for the fixes man. I figured I'd screwed up the wording a bit with Star Shatterer, and what you put down is much easier to follow. 

As far as Pendulergy goes, I'm going to keep the name, despite the awkwardness of it, since it's supposed to be a combination of "Pendulum" and "Energy", while Pendulator is supposed to be "Pendulum" and "Modulator". Pendulator would stay the same if I followed your route of changing their names, and since their supposed to stay similar, since they're kind of partner monsters, I'd like to keep their names similar. So, in the end, I'll be keeping Pendulergy's name the same.

However, your idea? I love it. I'll keep the x100 boost, but give them a protection effect from destruction/banishment since Genex Cards don't enjoy the banished zone.

Taking your advice with Pendarger and Pendengine and giving them a little somethin' somethin' as rewards for Pendulum summoning.

Archived