"-styx" Archetype - Unfinished - Before Humanity, roamed the "-styx"

Sluggaholic

Hello everyone. This is the first genuine, original Archetype I've made. I hope you can enjoy the cards I've made so far. I plan to add more support in the form of Spells, Traps, you name it. I have a plan for these cards, you'll see, but for now, I have to keep them as they are. So, I hope you enjoy the 6 "-styx" monsters I've created.

[spoiler= "-styx" Card Pack #1 - "The Nomads from Another Plane!]

Monsters: x6

[spoiler=The First of the "-styx" ]

oodwIgm.jpg

"Destyx Jake"

Warrior-Type / EARTH Attribute / Level 4

Effect: If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon it from the Graveyard during your next Standby Phase. This card gains 200 Attack for every face-up "-styx" monster you control. If "Destyx Alex" is on the field, this card gains this effect:

*Once per turn, you can discard any number of Spell/Trap cards: Draw cards equal to the amount of cards you discarded due to this effect.

1800 ATK/ 1000 DEF

fN4qpqo.jpg

"Destyx Alex"

Spellcaster-Type / FIRE Attribute / Level 4

Effect: This card cannot be targeted, or destroyed, by your opponent's card effects. This card gains 200 Attack for every face-up "-styx" monster you control. If "Destyx Jake" is on the field, this card gains this effect:

*Once per turn, you can discard any number of Monster Cards from you hand: Add an equal number of Spell/Trap cards from your Graveyard to your hand. You take damage equal to the number of cards returned this way x100.

1500 ATK/ 1000 DEF

LwJVwGv.jpg

"Forstyx Ferris"

Beast-Warrior-Type / WATER Attribute / Level 4

Effect: This card can attack every monster your opponent controls once, but cannot attack your opponent directly, unless all the monsters they control are in Defense position. This card gains 200 Attack for every face-up "-styx" monster you control (except this card). If "Cragstyx Jeremiah" is on the field, this card gains this effect:

*This card cannot be destroyed by battle, and all monsters your opponent must attack this monster, if able, and no other monsters you control.

1900 ATK/ 700 DEF

ojE8p5v.jpg

"Cragstyx Jeremiah"

Warrior-Type / WIND Attribute / Level 4

Effect: This card can attack your opponent directly. When it does, you can pay 800 Life Points: it can attack a second time this Battle Phase. This effect can only be used once per turn. When this card deals Battle Damage to your opponent, Special Summon one "Cobryx" Token (Reptile/WIND/Level 4/ATK 1600/DEF 1000) in face-up Attack Position. While this token is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot target Cragstyx Jeremiah for attacks, or with card effects. This card gains 200 Attack for every face-up "-styx" monster you control. If "Forstyx Ferris" is on the field, this card gains this effect:

*"-styx" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's Spell/Trap cards.

1000 ATK/ 1600 DEF

hxB6aT6.jpg

"Myststyx Maaorn"

Fiend-Type (Pendulum) / DARK Attribute / Level 7 - Pendulum Scale: <9 / 9>

Pendulum Effect: Pendulum Effect: All "-styx" Monsters you control that were Pendulum Summoned gain 100 Attack for every card Pendulum Summoned the turn they entered the field. Once per turn if a "-styx" monster you control is targeted for an attack, you can destroy this card: negate the attack and end the Battle Phase.

Monster Effect: This card gains 200 Attack for every face-up "-styx" monster you control. Once per chain during your Main Phase or your opponent's Battle Phase, you can target one monster they control: flip it face-down.

2650 ATK/ 1750 DEF

x5istpO.jpg

"Alistyx Nyne"

Fairy-Type (Pendulum - Union) / LIGHT Attribute / Level 2 - Pendulum Scale: <1 / 1>

Pendulum Effect: Pendulum Summoned "-styx" monsters on the field cannot be banished. Once per turn if a "-styx" monster you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can destroy this card: negate the activation of that card's effect and destroy that card.

Monster Effect: This card gains 100 Attack and 100 Defense for every face-up "-styx" monster you control. Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 face-up monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position. The equipped monster can attack twice per Battle Phase. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)

150 ATK/ 2250 DEF

Monsters: x4

[spoiler=The Final Reinforstyx]

BOcReFF.jpg

"Oppresstyx the People - Light"

Warrior-Type / LIGHT Attribute / Level 3

Effect: When your opponent would attack you directly, you can Special Summon this card from your hand and if you do: negate that attack and end the Battle Phase. When this card is destroyed, banish it, and add one "-styx" Monster Card to your hand, except an "Oppresstyx the People" card. This card cannot attack.

1200 ATK/ 1900 DEF

YpVXmMD.jpg

"Oppresstyx the People - Dark"

Warrior-Type / DARK Attribute / Level 3

Effect: When your opponent would attack you directly, you can Special Summon this card from your hand and if you do: destroy the attacking monster. When this card is destroyed, banish it, and add one "-styx" Spell/Trap Card from your deck to your hand. This card cannot attack.

1900 ATK/ 1200 DEF

5rn8z8l.jpg

"Oppresstyx the People - Pale"

Warrior-Type / EARTH Attribute / Level 3

Effect: When your opponent would attack you directly, you can discard this card: negate the attack and end the Battle Phase. If you would tribute summon while this card is in your Graveyard, you can banish this card: it acts as one of the tributes needed. If the monster is a "-styx" monster, this card can act as 2 tributes for the summon. This card cannot attack.

1550 ATK/ 1550 DEF

uZ7uINg.jpg

"Flare, Lost Soul of the Destyx"

Pyro-Type / FIRE Attribute / Level 4

Lore: "A lost soul from another world. While he's long since left the heroes behind, his memory and power roam the desert in the form of a suit of armor.

(This card does NOT count as a "-styx" card.)"
2100 ATK/ 0 DEF

Spells: x6
[spoiler=The First of the Spellstyx]

qgYsDQR.jpg

"Replenstyx Your Forces"
Quick-Play Spell Card
Effect: Target one face-up "Destyx Jake" and one face-up "Destyx Alex": shuffle them into the Deck and if you do, Special Summon two "-styx" monsters in their place whose two Attributes are different from the two you shuffled into the Deck. These monsters are unaffected by your opponent's card effects for the rest of this turn.

gJxZlfx.jpg

"Solo Styxdier"
Normal Spell Card
Effect: If you control no monsters, Special Summon one "-styx" Monster from your hand or Graveyard. If you do, it can attack your opponent directly this turn if they control a monster. Any damage done to your opponent this turn is halved.

u0Gr7ki.jpg

"The Destyx Force!"
Continuous Spell Card
Effect: All Warrior-Type Monsters you control gain 400 Attack Points for every Warrior, Spellcaster, and Beast-Warrior you control. You can pay 800 Life Points: all "-styx" monsters you control gain this boost until the end of the turn, regardless of their Type.

KUparcG.jpg

"Two Verstyx One"
Normal Spell Card
Effect: If you control only one monster and your opponent controls more monsters than you, target that monster you control: it gains 1000 Attack points and can attack all monsters your opponent controls.Destroy the monster targeted by this effect at the end of the Battle Phase. You cannot summon monsters this turn except during your second Main Phase. 

0kcrdlF.jpg

"El Diablo - Destyx Revolver"
Equip Spell Card
Effect: Equip only to a "Destyx" Monster you control: it gains 500 Attack Points. For every monster the card equipped with this card destroys, place one "Diablo" Counter on this card. When this card leaves the field, activate these effects in sequence based on how many counters this card had on it. 0: Return this card to the hand; 1: Destroy one Monster Card on the field, 2: Destroy one face-down Spell/Trap Card, 3: Discard one card from your opponent's hand, 4: Banish one card from your opponent's Graveyard, 5: Return one card in your Graveyard to your hand, 6: Add one Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand. You cannot have more than one "El Diablo - Destyx Revolver" Card in your deck.

w0NjshI.jpg

"The World Without Water - Nixtah"
Field Spell Card
Effect: Once per turn if a "Destyx" monster you control would be destroyed, pay 500 Life Points: it is not destroyed. "Destyx" Monsters you control gain 100 Attack Points for every monster your opponent controls. All other monsters on the field lose 100 Attack. Your opponent cannot activate Field Spells while this Field Spell is in play. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, add one "Destyx" card to your hand.

Traps: x3
[spoiler=The First of the Trapstyx]

zDO7luP.jpg

"Elemental Burstyx: Forever One!"
Normal Trap Card
Effect: Activate only when you control 4 face up "-styx" monsters that are FIRE, WATER, EARTH, and WIND Attribute: shuffle those cards into your deck and destroy all cards your opponent controls.

yLDvSVM.jpg

"Soul Sacrifistyx"
Normal Trap Card
Effect: When a "-styx" monster you control would be destroyed, target that monster: destroy one Normal Monster in your deck with the same Attribute as the targeted monster; the monster targeted by this effect is not destroyed, instead, shuffle it into the deck. You can banish this card from the Graveyard (except the turn it was sent there): shuffle the monster destroyed by this effect into the deck and draw one card.

GOZePb3.jpg

"Destyxian Sand Shield"
Normal Trap Card
Effect: If a "-styx" monster you control would be destroyed, target one Normal Monster in your deck: destroy it. That monster isn't destroyed. If this card is in your Graveyard during your turn, except for the turn you activated this card, you can banish it and target a monster with the same name as the card this Trap destroyed: shuffle it into the deck and draw one card.

Remember, what you see now is only the beginning. I hope to add even more cards to this archetype, making it even stronger than it is now! What do you think is too weak? Too strong? Tell me, and I'll try to improve it! Also, if you're wondering, the main idea of the archetype (for now) is to fill the field with the 6 "-styx" right now, which would mean you need to have a total Pendulum Scale of
<8 / 1> to make it work. But, when you do, these cards can be pretty good!

MAJOR EDIT 1: The first Card Pack for my Archetype is finished, complete with 18 Cards - 10 Monsters, 6 Spells, and 2 Traps.

CnC always appreciated~

EDIT 1: 10/15/15 - Added 4 new Monsters to the Archetype, The first 4 Spells, and the first Trap. More to come later!

EDIT 2: 10/16/15 - Fixed card text & attack on "Forstyx Ferris", Fixed "Two Verstyx One" OP text; made destruction eff and added Summon limit, Balanced out "Flare, Lost Soul of the Destyx"'s ATK and DEF.

EDIT 3: 10/18/15 - Finished "-styx" Card Pack #1 - "The Nomads from Another Plane!". (Added 2 Spells and 1 Trap: "El Diablo - Destyx Revolver", "The World Without Water - Nixtah", "Soul Sacrifistyx".)

EDIT 4: 10/24/15 - Finalized "-styx" Card Pack #1 - "The Nomads from Another Plane!". (Added final Trap Card - "Destyxian Sand Shield".)

"Flare, Lost Soul of the Destyx" is too powerful for a vanilla, lower it's attack to about 1900-2000 and also lower the defense to 0-500, "Two Verstyx One" can turn the tables around, because it gives a boost, and it allows the monster to attack all. "Forstyx Ferris" is also too powerful, plus it can attack all monster your opponent controls, I suggest lowering down it's attack too about 1500 because it also gains 200 attack for every "-styx" monster

Yeah, I was wondering about that when it came to Flare, but to be honest, I wanted the archetype to have a powerful normal beater it could just bring out whenever. I'll lower his attack to 2100 to compensate, though. I still want him to be one of the strongest level 4 vanillas, up there with Alexandrite Dragon.

As for Two Verstyx One, it was supposed to be a table turner, allowing you to come back from behind, and even out the playing field. I'll edit the card text as to balance it out some more.

As for "Ferris", there isn't much I can change without him becoming too weak for the archetype. You see, he's supposed to be the most powerful base "-styx" monster, hence why he can attack all monsters your opponent controls and has such high attack. He's supposed to clear the way for the other "-styx" to smash into the opponent's life points directly. I'll drop his attack points, but not by too much, as he has to have highest attack of all the base, non-Pendulum "-styx".

ANNOUNCEMENT: The first of many card packs is FINISHED for the "-styx" Archetype! The next one will becoming out shortly, and will introduce the first two "Boss" monsters of the deck, along with a new (related?) Archetype to the "-styx". Stay tuned!

Until then, have a good one!

<3 from da best, Haloh~

• 2 weeks later...

Archived