The Duel Monsters in the Moon - "Lunarlux" Archetype (19/?)

NobodySovereign

The Lore

Guided by the new era of the Duel Monsters' world, these soldiers of the Moon act with elegance and grace! They're here to protect the world from evil, and fight for what is righteous and just. Though not individually strong, when they act together, no force of evil can triumph against them. From within, though, there may be some turmoil...

The Goal

The monsters of this deck work to pull out their Extra Deck monsters, while also providing themselves with protection from a variety of dangers. On their own, they're nothing special, but combine their effects and they're almost unstoppable! A couple of cards were made specifically for mirror matches, though, such as Procellaria, Silence of the Lunarlux vs the "Lunarlux" Synchro Monsters-- it all depends on who gets off their effects first.

MAIN DECK

Serenity, Lunarlux Messenger of Love

Fairy/Tuner/LIGHT/3/300 ATK/1500 DEF

You can discard 1 card from your hand, then Reveal the top 3 cards of your Deck: if any of them are "Lunarlux" monsters, you can Special Summon 1 "Lunarlux" monster, also, you cannot conduct your Battle Phase this turn. You can only use this effect of "Serenity, Lunarlux Messenger of Love" once per turn.

Tranquility, Lunarlux Observer of Peace

Fairy/Effect/LIGHT/3/900 ATK/1000 DEF

Once per turn, when this card battles an opponent's monster: Before the Battle Step, you can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; it loses 800 ATK and DEF until the end of the Battle Phase. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Lunarlux" monster from your Graveyard, except "Tranquility, Lunarlux Observer of Peace". You can only activate one effect of "Tranquility, Lunarlux Observer of Peace" per turn, and only once that turn.

Crisium, Lunarlux Guardian of Will

Fairy/Effect/LIGHT/3/1700 ATK/400 DEF

While this Special Summoned card is on the field: "Lunarlux" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. "Lunarlux" monsters you control gain 500 DEF.

Imbrium, Lunarlux Enchanter of Thoughts

Fairy/Effect/LIGHT/3/1200 ATK/500 DEF

While this Special Summoned card is on the field: "Lunarlux" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Special Summoned "Lunarlux" monsters you control gain 500 ATK.

Frigoris, Lunarlux Champion of Emotions

Fairy/Effect/LIGHT/4/1000 ATK/2200 DEF

When this card is Special Summoned: Negate the effects of all face-up monsters on the field, except for "Lunarlux" monsters, until your next End Phase. Once per turn, you can reveal 1 "Lunarlux" monster in your hand: This card's effect becomes the same as that revealed card, also, place that revealed card on the top of your deck.

Nectaris, Lunarlux Child of Hope

Fairy/Effect/LIGHT/1/300 ATK/300 DEF

When this card is destroyed: Add 1 "Lunarlux" card to your hand. While this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card and target 1 "Lunarlux" monster you control; that target cannot be destroyed by battle and is unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the End Phase of your next turn.

Procellaria, Lunarlux Storm of Darkness

Fairy/Effect/DARK/4/1600 ATK/1100 DEF

When this card is destroyed: You can draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card. While this card is in your Graveyard, except during the turn it was sent there: You can banish 2 "Lunarlux" cards from your Graveyard, then Special Summon this card, and if you do, this card gains 500 ATK and DEF.

EXTRA DECK

Synchro

Lunarlux Warrior Grimaldi

Warrior/Synchro/Effect/LIGHT/6/2700 ATK/ 100 DEF

1 LIGHT Tuner + 1 or more "Lunarlux" monsters

This card cannot be destroyed by battle with Xyz Monsters. If this card battles an opponent's monster that was Xyz Summoned, it gains 500 ATK during the Damage Step only. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 2 Level 3 "Lunarlux" monsters from your Graveyard with different names.

Lunarlux Magus Byrgius

Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect/LIGHT/6/2300 ATK/600 DEF

"Lunarlux" monsters you control cannot be targeted by the effects of an opponent's Xyz Monster(s). If this card battles an opponent's monster that was Xyz Summoned, it gains 500 ATK during the Damage Step only. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 2 Level 3 "Lunarlux" monsters from your Graveyard with different names.

Lunarlux Trickster Aristarchus

Spellcaster/Synchro/Effect/LIGHT/7/2900 ATK/1000 DEF

"Lunarlux" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by the effects of an opponent's Xyz Monster(s). If this card battles an opponent's monster that was Xyz Summoned, it gains 500 ATK during the Damage Step only. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 2 Level 3 "Lunarlux" monsters from your Graveyard with different names.

Xyz

Serenity, Princess of the Lunarlux

Fairy/Xyz/Effect/LIGHT/Rank 3/600 ATK/ 3000 DEF

2 Level 3 "Lunarlux" monsters

Once per battle: You can detach 1 Xyz Material, and if you do, this card cannot be destroyed by battle, also, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference between this card's Original ATK and the ATK of the opponent's monster. When this card would be destroyed by an opponent's card effect: Change this card to face-up Attack Position, and if you do, negate the effect.

Procellaria, Silence of the Lunarlux

Fairy/Xyz/Effect/DARK/Rank 4/2600 ATK/2100 DEF

2 Level 4 "Lunarlux" monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: Negate the effects all face-up monsters on the field, except this card. You can detach 2 Xyz Materials: This card gains 1000 ATK.

SPELLS

The Messenger in the Moonlight

Normal Spell Card

Reveal 1 "Lunarlux" monster in your hand, then add 1 "Lunarlux" monster to your hand from your Deck with a different name.

In the Name of the Lunarlux

Quick-Play Spell Card

When a "Lunarlux" monster is destroyed by battle: Special Summon 1 "Lunarlux" monster from your hand, and if you do, that monster cannot be destroyed by battle until the End Phase of your next turn.

The Lunar Sea

Field Spell Card

While you control 2 or more "Lunarlux" monsters with different names: "Lunarlux" monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, you can reveal 1 "Lunarlux" monster in your hand; Shuffle that card into your Deck, then Draw 1 card.

Lunarlux Night

Quick-Play Spell Card

When an opponent's card effect targets a "Lunarlux" monster you control: You can discard 1 card, and if you do, negate that effect. While this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card; "Lunarlux" monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects until the end of the turn.

TRAPS

One Small Step

Continuous Trap

During your Standby Phase: You can target 1 "Lunarlux" monster in your Graveyard; shuffle it back into your Deck. During your opponent's Standby Phase: You can reveal 1 "Lunarlux" monster in your Hand, and if you do, Draw 1 card.

Eclipse of the Lunarlux

Counter Trap

When a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated while you control at least 1 face-up "Lunarlux" monster: Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card.

Dark Side of the Lunar Sea

Normal Trap

Target 2 "Lunarlux" monsters you control and 3 cards your opponent controls: Destroy them. During the End Phase of the turn you activate this card: You can target 1 "Lunarlux" monster in your Graveyard; Shuffle it into your Deck.

My opinion:

"Imbrium, Lunarlux Enchanter of Thoughts" if this card is successfully special summoned, then it will be  , because the controller who runs the "Lunarlux" deck will never take any battle damage, plus this deck can become impenetrable because when a "Lunarlux" is destroyed it can summon it's counterpart from the graveyard, and when another one is destroyed, just keep alternating monsters and it will be impossible to pierce through, try to limit this or give a restriction, for example, "you can only activate this effect of a "Lunarlux" monster once per turn", and the monster special summoned by this effect cannot be synchro or Xyz monster

The synchros are also cheap because when it is destroyed it can use the same combo as above, plus it has two additional assets, and if a "Lunarlux" monster is destroyed, these synchros can be special summoned instantly

As for "Procellaria, Silence of the Lunarlux",  without the boosting effect it is already powerful, so I suggest removing the boost

"In the Name of the Lunarlux', there is a wording error , "Moonlight" should be "Lunarlux" 

"Dark Side of the Lunar Sea" is powerful because even though "2 Lunarlux" monsters are destroyed, they can special summon their counterparts, meaning they aren't really destroyed and eternal

I personally agree with all points brought up by Required Information above, minus the issue with Procellaria.

I think that, for her effect, it should be a Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon-esque effect in which you either A.) Detatch 2 XYZ Materials so that the boost is both temporary and can only be used once, though the monster can attack twice per battle phase, or B.) Make it so that the boost is permanent, but it can only attack once per turn, like any other monster. Thus, when Procellaria has no XYZ Materials, it'll be at 3600 Attack, very respectable and hard to get over.

If you take our advice, especially mine on Procellaria, you have a chance at a very consistent, very powerful archetype!

Made a lot of changes to effects for the Main Deck monsters, and I took your advice (I think) for Procellaria, Silence of the Lunarlux. I changed the Synchros so that it's now 2 Level 3's, which is a lot more reined in I believe. Now that only 1 Special Summons when sent to the Graveyard, I hope Dark Side is more acceptable without having the effect altered.

Yeah, I really enjoy them, personally. They make the deck that much more interesting to think about playing. To be honest, these guys kinda remind me of Shitellarknights a bit, though, a little less cookie cutter and a whole hell of a lot more fun! I just wish my archetypes were this original, lol.

Archived