[Sakura] O Kyūbi no Yōko, swing your tails of destruction across the world!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

createcard.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can only use each effect of "Kurama the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox" once per turn.

(1) During either player's turn, if this card is targeted by an opponent's card effect: You can negate the effect of that card, and if you do, destroy it.

(2) If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; destroy it.

(Imgur is down at the moment, so in case I update the effect, use the printed text, NOT what's on the card because I cannot update pic right now)

iU8EggM.png

Yes, I made a card based off Kurama (Kyubi) from Naruto.

First two effects are themed after Kurama's personality and abilities; pretty much destruction of sorts.

First one blocks an instance of targeting removal on it, which fits here since Kurama is a boss monster of sorts, and removal will suck. Keep in mind that Mirror Force or any other forms of non-targeting removal will still take it off the board.

Second effect lets you destroy something IF it kills another monster in battle. Again, this one is themed after its destruction capacities.

Think of U.A. Dreadnought Dunker's effect (except without the piercing).

I originally had Kurama float one of its materials if it died, but removed that one because it was pushing it; especially since it can negate most removal attempts and blows up stuff.

Also another generic 2-mat Level 9 Synchro, since Giganticastle kinda sucks.

Debated on whether I should give Kurama a Nomi clause of sorts; for now, I'll leave it off.

iU8EggM.png

IMG Credit: http://img15.deviantart.net/9023/i/2011/296/a/f/kyuubi_by_ololoj-d4dobvf.png

(I think this is a screenshot from anime, so probably don't have to credit. But I'm doing it anyway because it's good practice)

Anyway, CnC.

Reps given for proper critique.

I see this becoming at thing: Potentially a Level 9 staple, like you said. I already wrote half this review in my mind thinking it was Level 8 before I came across the description.

I prefer that form of the floating prevention to "Cannot be targeted" so that works pretty well. The second effect seemed a little problematic at first, but judging the lack of multiple attack cards not to mention the aforementioned Mirror Force, balances itself out as well.

As for bringing it out, one card instantly comes to mind: Cyber Dragon. You can this boss out turn 1 pretty easily with a Level 4 Tuner (Although MANY decks can also do that)

I honestly can't find anything else that might be a problem, or any suggestions. Great card all in all. Be interested to see what others have to say.

There are a few other options into making this card too, besides CyDra (or other free Level 5 summons + Level 4 Tuners).

Because this is a 2-mat, you can still make this with the same mats you'd use for making Trish or something; if you have space for this over them.

The main problem others might have is its offensive capacities, especially when this can pretty much strike down 2 cards at once if it kills (and more often than not, it will). Though, unlike with multiple Dunkers, you only get one shot of Kurama per turn. Negation protection should be pretty standard, since it is of that level to mandate some protection.

I originally had Kurama float after it gets killed, but opted not to do it.

Archived