Zaigan Benedor, Cleric of the Moon

Tomiix

KC3st1C.jpg

Zaigan Benedor

LIGHT/Warrior/Xyz/Effect

2000 ATK / 1500 DEF

2 Level 3 Monsters

Once per chain, during your End Phase or during your opponents Main Phase 1, if you have more total monsters on your side of the field than your opponent: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Apply these effects in sequence.
● Flip Summon all face down monsters face up.
● Change all face up monsters to face down defense position.
Neither player can change the battle positions of their monsters the turn this card's effects are activated (this is a Quick Effect).

This cards art and picture is inspired by my DnD character.

The effect is intended to make flip effects and flip effect based decks a bit more powerful, and can help disrupt your opponent's effects if you choose to not use his effect your turn. It is also a Rank 3 Exciton alternative.

Some points of contention that I predict occurring, and my response.

Q: What's with the weird choice in Phases his effect can be used in?
A: I wanted to help Flip decks, but I didn't want to make them ridiculous. So I added the stipulation that cards that let you destroy or do things can still be used multiple times, but I also didn't want the player to be able to act on them until the next turn. It also makes you really consider when to use him and makes your opponent play around him.

Q: Why apply the effects in sequence?
A: I read the wording without the sequence verbally, and found myself confused with the text, so hopefully this helps all confusion. It also changes the effect from it's original state, which was just reversing the positions of all cards on the field in one go, into a more reliable effect. I was debating adding one more sequence, and I would like feedback on which you think would be better.

● Change all face up monsters to face down defense position besides this card.
● Flip Summon all face down monsters face up.
● Change all face up monsters to face down defense position.

This would allow someone to special summon and normal summon flip cards and still use their effects.

I also wanted to keep certain flip cards balanced and make the player consider setting some cards, for example Fossil Dyna, who would disrupt the sequence.

Q: What is with the Once per Chain and the (this is a Quick Effect).
A: I very much wanted this card to behave like Evilswarm Exciton Knight. At his worst he is a defensive, nonlethal version of Excition.

This is my first attempt at a properly made card, so any criticism of my effect text and balance of the card is appreciated.

Archived