[Leaderboard] Cold Sleeper vs Kinka-Byo

Nathanael D. Striker

Rules:
All Leaderboard rules apply.
PM the card to me.
First to 3 votes or most by 1:15pm PDT on 11/1 wins.
If there are no votes after the deadline, next vote wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
My opponent and I have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why we don't accept it.
Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
Create a monster that can Special Summon itself from the hand.

Rewards:
The winner gets a rep from the loser.
All voters get a rep for voting.

Card A

Falcon Statue
WIND, Level 2
Rock/Tuner/Effect
If you control a WIND monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Falcon Statue" once per turn this way. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 WIND Rock-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, except "Falcon Statue".
ATK 600/DEF 1400

Card B

Gankani
Level 4/ WATER
Fish/ Effect
When you Special Summon a monster from your hand or Deck, except "Gankani": you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn: you can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) and target 1 card in your opponent's hand; reveal it, and if it is the declared card type, shuffle it into the Deck. You can only use this effect of Gankani" once per turn.If this card is sent to the Graveyard because it was detatched from an Xyz Monster: you can add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.
1600 ATK/ 1300 DEF​​

Card A is a free tuner if you control a WIND monster, which is kind of nice. Not sure where the last effect fits in, though. WIND Barrier Statue? Aroma Pot? Oh no, wait, it can work as indirect Yosenju support searching the Torii Pendulums.

Card B… hoo. boy. I almost missed this batshit level popping up here. It's Kagetokage on some serious steroids, a continuous Mind Crush with significantly better odds, and some god damn crazy new version of the old and banned Sinister Serpent. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but the first and last effect both lack an OPT clause, so there is some serious setup potential here that boggles my mind. Even if it shouldn't work that way, thing still does too much.

Vote for A.

Card A sets up quick Synchros for WIND decks, though yeah the search effect doesn't have too many targets.

Most it grabs is Sarenshinchuu and Urenjinchuu, and maybe one or two others. Sage mentioned them already, so...

Would probably be a nice tech for WIND monsters that don't have the luxury of Synchro Summoning in their own Deck, or at not as freely as one would like.

(I could probably try and fit these into 'specters, if only to give them easier access to Synch5/6's. Or use this in MPBs for that Level 9 off Tetherwolf's NS.)

----

Card B is, well yeah, Kagetokage (mind you, this can still be NS'd unlike Kage).

Coupled with a bouncing variant of Mind Crush (so to speak) and recycles itself when it gets detached from an Xyz, yeah it does too much.

As Sage mentioned, both its first and third effects lack hard OPTs.

If it were limited to WATER monsters, I might've not had as much issues with the first effect (third one would've still had some issues).

But...since it's generic, you get the point. 

Hands-down, A gets my vote.

Card A gives decks like Yosenju synchro access, which is pretty cool. Searches shinchu L as well.

Card B is legitimately broken. It summons itself, tacks down on the opponent's hand, and then brings itself back. Instant 3 of in any clown or 15/2 deck, and the fact it buffs dweller just adds to the silliness.

Card a gets the vote, less on its own merits and more on b being ridiculous.

Archived