(Reposted) The Username Arcetype

Woloa

All three of you who know me know I don't really do pop culture cards, well, I did once. I suppose I'll go ahead and revive them.

[spoiler=Main Deck Monsters]

HHKvNrP.jpg

Lore:When you special summon "Username: Kirbopher" you may special summon this card from your hand. When this card is sent to the graveyard: Special summon 1 level 5 or lowe "Username:" monster from your graveyard except "Username: Archy"

dwIZzQE.jpg

Lore: If you control no monsters and your opponent controls at least 1 card, you may special summon this card from your hand. When this card is special summoned: Flip one face-down monster your opponent controls into face-up defense position. Flip effects are not activated at this time.

BK13W5c.jpg

Lore: Wile you control a face up "Username: Elescope" you may special summon this card from your hand. When this card is special summoned: Look at 1 face down spell or trap card your opponent controls, then, set it face down again.

xZ142t0.jpg

Lore: Wile you control a face up "Username: Granda" your opponent's monsters may not target other cards for attacks.

ICRJkWv.jpg

Lore: Wile you control a face up "Username: T-Bones" you may special summon this card from your hand or graveyard.

W2ogvah.jpg

Lore: A large beast summoned by completing the Shadow God Idol. It can only be defeated by a perfectly timed and coordinated assault of light, darkness, wind, ice, and fire.

fXlnn5X.jpg

Lore: This card is always treated as Fairy-Type in addition to its other types. If this card and no other "Username:" monsters are in your graveyard, you may special summon this card by discarded one "Username" monster from your hand. You can not activate this effect wile you control a face up "Username: Alpha [Demonic]".

eVpa9T9.jpg

Lore: Wile you control a face up "Username: Alpha" you may normal summon this card without tribute.

KmLN0D4.jpg

Lore: If you control no monsters, you may special summon this card from your hand, it can not declare an attack this turn. You may only activate this effect if your opponent had the first turn.

RR6Gcyg.jpg

Lore: This card is always treated as Dragon-Type in addition to its other types. All other "Username:" monsters you control gain 500 attack until the end of the damage step when they attack or are attacked.

GmUNx4J.jpg

Lore: You may normal summon this card for 1 tribute by tributing one level 5 or higher "Username:" monster. Once per turn: this card can not be destroyed by battle or by card effects. Once per turn: When a "Username" monster you control would be destroyed by battle: Discard a card, reduce all damage from that battle to 0 and neither monster is destroyed.

unmIlnZ.jpg

Lore: Can not be normal summoned or set. Must be special summoned by tributing 1 "Username: Alpha" you control wile it is equipped with "The Forbidden Power". Once per turn, this card can not be destroyed by card effects. During each end phase: pay 1000 life points or send this card to the graveyard. If this card is sent to the graveyard wile you control a face up "Username, Flamegirl" equipped with "Antivirus Program", special summon 1 "Username: Alpha" from your graveyard.

OKgzqM9.jpg

Lore: During your main phase 1, place 1 "Chi" counter on this card (max 3). At the start of your battle phase you may remove all Chi counters from this card and apply the appropriate effect:
1 Counter: This card gains 500 attack points until the end step
2 Counters: Target up to 2 cards your opponent controls: destroy the first and return the second to the hand.
3 Counters: Destroy all face up cards your opponent controls. This card no longer gains "Chi" counters.

djs6hek.jpg

Lore: Wile you control a face up "Username: Zetto" this card can not be destroyed by card effects.

qEJM68f.jpg

Lore: Can not be normal summoned or set. Must be special summoned by tributing 1 "Username: Zetto" you control wile it is equipped with "The Forbidden Power". Once per turn, this card can not be destroyed by card effects. During each end phase: pay 1000 life points or send this card to the graveyard.

[spoiler=Spells]

CLIizSh.jpg

Lore: Equip only to a face up "Username: Flamegirl". The equipped monster gains 1000 attack points. If this card is sent to the graveyard due to the equipped monster being destroyed by a card effect: Banish it then target that monster and up to 1 more "Username:" monster in your graveyard: Special summon those targets.

PcrZLcH.jpg

Lore: Equip only to a face up "Username: Alpha" or "Username: Zetto". The equipped monster gains 500 attack points and can not be destroyed by card effects once per turn. During each end phase: Pay 1000 life points or destroy this card.

al7XQnT.jpg

Lore: Tribute 1 or more "Username:" monsters or "Shadow Guard Beast"s you control and special summon the appropriate fusion monster from the extra deck.

[spoiler=Extra Deck]

rexxsGp.jpg

Lore: 2 or more (max 5) level 3 monsters
Once per turn, you may remove up to 3 Xyz materials from this card and apply the appropriate effect:
1: This card deals piercing battle damage until the end step
2: This card can not be destroyed until the end step
3: Monsters your opponent controls can not declare attacks until your deck standby phase.

fGQIrd5.jpg

Lore: 2 or more (max 5) level 4 monsters
Once per turn you may remove 1 Xyz material from this card and target 1 monster your opponent controls: Until the end of your opponent's next turn, this card's name, attack, defense and effect become those of that monster.

7VeJDZZ.jpg

Lore: 2 or more (max 5) level 4 monsters
Once per turn you may remove 1 Xyz material from this card and apply one of the following effects:
Place 1 Cloud Token (Level 1/0Atk/0Def/Thunder-Type) in every empty monster slot on the field
Or
Destroy all Cloud Tokens on the field and deal 100 points of damage to your opponent's life points for each token destroyed this way.

SE5zYiW.jpg

Lore: 2 or more (max 5) level 3 monsters
Once per turn, you may remove 1 Xyz unit from this card and apply one of the following effects:
Special summon 1 "Fire Flower" Token (Level 4/ Plant-Type/ FIRE/ 1900Atk/0Def) to your side of the field in face up attack position
Or
Special summon "1 Poison Shroom" token (Level 4/Plant-Type/Wind/0Atk/2000Def) to your side of the field in face up defense position.

lq2aj9Y.jpg

Lore: 2 level 7 monsters.
Once per turn you may remove 1 Xyz material from this card: Level 7 or lower monsters you control can not be destroyed by card effects until your opponent's next turn.

K7sR7ND.jpg

Lore: Must be special summoned through "Rude Awakening" by tributing "Username: Kizuna". "Netking" monsters you control can not be destroyed by battle.

qLCI2VX.jpg

Lore: Must be summoned through the effect of Rude Awakening by tributing "Username: Zetto". This card may attack each of your opponent's monsters once each during the battle phase.

wDYR0nV.jpg

Lore: Must be summoned through Rude Awakening by tributing "Username: Nylocke" and a monster equipped with "Anti Virus Program". Can not be destroyed in battle. When this card battles an opponent's monster: destroy that monster at the end of the damage step. (this effect does not target)

wyJ9yfa.jpg

Lore: Must be summoned through Rude Awakening by tributing "Shadow Guard Beast" and a monster equipped with "The Forbidden Power". Can not be destroyed in battle. When this card battles an opponent's monster: destroy that monster at the end of the damage step. (this effect does not target)

With T-Bones effect, does the attack targeting effect mean you can only target him or Granda? I find it very vague. Alpha seems very difficult to get out, considering his SS effect only works if you get him in the Graveyard in the really early game. Kirbopher also seems to have a hard time getting out, giving around a 50/50 chance you'll be able to summon him (Unless you get to choose who goes first). Nylocke is not getting out fast, and Gamecrazed's only getting out if you get the others out. As for Gamecrazed's second effect, is it supposed to mandatory? In fact, there seems to be a lot of mandatory effects among the monsters. Archy's eff seems to be the only way to get these guys out reliably, but even then it's from the Grave. Zetto and Kizuna have the summoning issue as well, being not even summonable by Archy. When does Zetto get a Chi counter? Is it an optional thing, because it doesn't specify when it in the Main Phase he gets the counter.

Anti-Virus Program is extremely difficult to activate, considering you need that Level 5 out and this specific card. The cost I found on the "Forbidden Power" seemed a bit much, considering the closest card in the actual game is "Stellarknight Alpha" and that only requires you to just focus on the Archetype, especially since Forbidden Power only has two targets. Rude Awakening is an interesting take on Fusion, I like it.

I like the Xyz effects, reminds me of the actual Netkings. Execks effect mentions the "End Step". Did you mean the End phase or some part of the Battle Phase? Also, he says "deck" in his third effect instead of "next". Kindarspirits effect seems a little overpowered, considering if your opponent has a clear field, all they're gonna be able to do is Tribute Summon (Unless they tribute summon a tuner). Bitshrum's effect seems kinda powerful too, when you take in his DEF. I think that Webmaster's effect should also apply to Rank 7, in order to protect himself, to give it a little more power.

The Fusions seem fair, and the main thing I can see is just getting them out, as mentioned when I spoke about the monsters.

I like the whole idea behind this Archetype, especially the similarities of the effects to the actual characters. Be interested to see what others have to say on the subject. Good luck with it!

Archived