Aethertouched [OOC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Showstopper]

rC0jcrM.jpg

"They the scariest things come out at night.  But I beg to differ.  The scariest things. . .are the ones you can't touch."

Name: Maurice Battle A.K.A. Showstopper

Birthday:  November 22

Blood Type:  B-Negative

[spoiler=Appearance] GKIs1YK.jpg

[spoiler=Personality]
Maurice is impossibly cheerful. He finds joy in even the most sinister of things, taking it upon himself to always wear a smile. In this, Maurice is considered clinically insane. However, this is far from true, and Maurice knows it. Maurice is also quite the playful person. Despite his maniacal ways, he loves to have fun. To him, everything is a game. There is always time for a show. And there has to be a grand finale. Maurice takes these aspects of his personality and applies them to everyday life without fail. Putting innocent smiles on the faces of people everywhere is something that excites Maurice, and makes him equally dangerous. Maurice is also quite the jokester. He loves play pranks on those he's close to. But Maurice's jokes are known to go a bit far, often putting his colleagues and associates in life threatening danger. Maurice would usually conclude his practical jokes with a "just kidding," or "gotcha!" It is sometimes very difficult to see through his twisted persona to know if he's serious, or just having fun with you.

Mentally, Maurice is incredibly strong. Behind his sometimes twisted but truthful smile, is a man who is very strong willed. He doesn't believe in likes or dislikes. Only love and hate. Maurice is very extreme, with no inbetweens on the spectrum of his views. Though this is true, he only has ever loved his partner in crime, despite her constant rejection. Maurice doesn't care for outdoor activities. Rather, he prefers simpler things, like tea parties or shootouts. Maurice is a man of simple pleasure, and simple goals. He has his mind fully trained on removing the frowns of the world with a stern, loving hand. Some sacrifices and assembly required, but nothing he isn't willing to do for others. Maurice is very outgoing, putting his every resource and every ounce of his strength into his smile, his jokes, and his plans. When Maurice isn't busy pestering his better half--Yu--or playing jokes on children, he is usually putting his fingers to work on a new costume. He loves to play dress up, and get the opinions of his polar opposite, or even putting on a fashion show for the public. "What'd ya think, Yu? It's my latest design!"

"Too plain." "Aww, you're so mean," as their conversations would often go. And with that territory comes a man who's as good with his hands as he is at putting a nasty plot together. Each piece a work of art, made exactly to his specific wishes, in total and utter perfection. In short, Maurice is a clown, with very hilarious, volatile tendencies. "Let's out a smile on that face."

[spoiler=Bio]
Maurice doesn't recall his parents. At a young age, the first thing he can recall is being called inside on a rainy day, where the orphanage was serving hot porridge with milk. But as long as Maurice can recall, he's always had a twinging obsession with clowns. They came to visit the orphanage to entertain the children, some being afraid, but not Maurice. In fact, he was one of the few to wonder when the clowns would return. And each time they did, Maurice's face lit up with glee. He would tug on their baggy pants, poke their large shoes, and request to squeeze their loud honking noses. As he grew older, Maurice had both the fortune and misfortune of remaining in the Hiltown Orphanage, but the joy of seeing his favorite clown pals. At least, until he was about the age of thirteen, when the orphanage was about to let him go. Maurice had surpassed the age in which the orphanage could take care of him, and he was growing weary, wondering if any soul would take him in. And as time grew closer to his kick-out date, he grew desperate, turning to his silly companions for comfort.

"Sorry lad, no extra time for kiddies. There are so many others we have to attend to, ya know?"

'Time'. That was always the excuse. Not enough time for Maurice. Sorry Maurice, not enough time to adopt another child. Thirteen? You're already out of time to be taken in. There was never enough time. Maurice couldn't take it anymore. His only friends had turned their back on him, those damn clowns. "No extra time?" he repeated, frowning. Maurice folded his arms. "Then why do you even come here!?" he screamed. "Certainly not for you ya little brat! Run off! Need the money, not the trouble." And Maurice did run off, right down to the basement of the orphanage. He found himself an old piece of copper, snatching from the cold cement floor. He belted back up the stairs, and outside to the driveway where his favorite clown was packing away his things. "Mr. Clown!" he called with the pipe in his hands. The clown turned, his eyebrows raised as he eyed Maurice.

"What're ya gonna do with that, ya little shite? No wonder you're not adopted. You're a bloody menace! I bet your parents could see it in their future! 's why they left ya here! Get outta here! Scram!"

Maurice tightened his grip around the copper pipe, as his face streamed with tears at the clown's words. He had never been so hurt before. He didn't like frowning, and certainly didn't like crying. He screamed at the clown, as loud and as hard as he could. "Take it back!" he said swinging the pipe wildly about. "Take it back!" But the clown only laughed at him. "Quit your gripin' ya mutt! Get inside a'fore I spank ya me'self!" But this was the line. Maurice didn't like being threatened, as his wails grew more desperate. The Orphanage Mother burst outside, fright in her voice. "Maurice! What are ye doin'!? Get back inside, child! You'll get sick!" Maurice did not hear Mother. He didn't hear anything. His wailing had gotten so shrill and desperate, that the world felt as if it had begun to fade of all color around him.  

The Orphanage Mother was frozen with freight.  Maurice had vanished into thin air, causing herself and the clown to panic.  "Where did he go?  Where did he go!?" The rain became colder, as even Maurice's footsteps vanished. And Maurice treasured this time, gripping the copper pipe tightly as he approached the clown. With his target panicking, he wailed on the man's kneecaps, shins, and thighs, smacking him about as hard as he could. He struck the clown in his back, across his wrists, and smashed his feet. After a brief moment of violence, Maurice became visible again, giggling in place. He stomped to the ground, pouting as he realized he was revealed once more. The clown fell to the ground in agony, rolling over and over in pain. Maurice of course, found this hilarious, wondering how the man had hurt him in the first place. He took solace in the man's pain, as a smile crossed his face. "You God damn kid, I outta wring yer little neck!" he called from the pavement.

"Maurice!? Wha--what did you do!?" the Orphanage Mother shrieked. But Maurice wouldn't be around for a punishment. He had had enough of this place. He took off down the roads of [REDACTED] in the rain, taking cover in back alleys. He was cold and starving, but at least he was free. It wasn't until he stumbled through a garbage can twenty four hours later, looking for food, that he would find a girl willing to keep him from dying.

Bumping into her mistakenly, she turned, and Maurice flinched, protecting his face. She said nothing, as she stuck out a hand. He opened his eyes to see her offering the boy a loaf of bread. And they've been attached ever since.

In their travels, Yu has taught Maurice to be quite the slippery little clown.  Twisting and contorting his body has started to become natural, allowing for some fancy escapes and get-aways.  In addition, Maurice has learned to skillfully move his shivs about with ease, with sleight of hand.  Sometime after making his way to Japan with Yu, Maurice quickly learned that the communication differences would be a problem, even for him.  Though he is still grasping the Japanese language, Maurice swiped a neat Japanese to English pocket translation booklet, for quick deciphering if he ever gets stuck.  "What's this one?  O-p-y?  Oppie?  Oppai?  What's that--"  A stranger gasps, slapping the passing by Maurice in his clown face, getting paint on her fingers before running off.  "Heh.  Must've said something naughty.  I rather like this place," he said with a cackle.  Maurice had found himself in Japan for two reasons:  he was sticking with Yu, no matter what.  And something about a fresh start seemed to draw him to this place where no one knew his name.  He could become a real clown.  He could finally spread the joy and happiness to children and others that he was deprived of.  And he would never let another clown tarnish the reputation of good clowns again.

Soul Manifestation: Six black shivs.

[spoiler=Aethertouch Ability]: Cloaking.  In addition to becoming invisible, Maurice gains six other benefits from cloaking.  
  • Maurice's presence is concealed.  His breathing becomes mute, his footsteps become silent, and his thoughts cannot be read.
  • Maurice gains a permanent 25% movement speed bonus during the duration of his cloaking activation.  
  • Maurice's vision is greatly enhanced, allowing him to see heat signatures for the duration of his cloaking activation.
  • Maurice's total shivs are doubled, and his strikes become 50% faster.
  • Maurice's voice travels and echoes, allowing him to throw his voice and manipulate his location.
  • Maurice's presence cannot be revealed by fractal light, dust, paint, water, smoke, or anything of the like.  Instead, his body will adapt to the substance and change like camouflage.

Maximum cloaking length is five minutes.  Two minute cooldown.

[spoiler=Other Combat Information]

• Maurice is a skilled contortionist, able to twist his body in very strange ways.  His evasion in combat with this skill is incredibly high.
  • Maurice is a skilled knife thrower, with great hand management.  His slices, thrusts, stabs, and strikes are very precise and cohesive with one another.

Misc.

Introduction Theme:  Heroes

Combat Theme:  Am I A Psycho?

[spoiler=Cosmo's Loving Youkai] 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Charlotte's diary, don't open it, you twat!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Love-coloured Master Spark, light this world up!"

Personal Information, in case i ever forget about me for some reason.

Name: Charlotte Greenfield

[spoiler=Appearance] VHz90eY.jpg 

[spoiler=Personality]

Charlotte is a huge game-geek, like seriously, HUGE. That may be one of the first things you notice about her, well, if she opens up to you. She's very closed in herself, mostly acting rude towards others or just simply ignoring them. She's very sarcastic and loves offending others in multiple ways. She almost acts emotionless, with the only emotion showing being pure disgust and hatred. BUT, if you get to know her she's probably one of the sweetest persons you'll ever meet. Trying to help her friends. Oh, she also gets attached quite easily, show some friendliness towards her a few times and she'll consider you her best friend. She's very curious about the world and loves exploring and trying new things.

Let's expand a bit more on her gamer side, shall we? Her favourite videogame is the Touhou series. Most of her spells names are in fact inspired by the spell cards in the game. Most of the music she's listening to while ignoring you is videogame soundtracks or rearranges/remixes of them. She loves genres such as RPG, Music games and obviously Bullet Hell type games.

She'll do anything to protect any of her friends, and will be very hurt when one of them leaves her. Although she is very stubborn, get an idea inside her head and good luck getting it out.But despite being stubborn, she's very smart, always being at the top of her class in school, and because of her intelligence, finished school a year earlier than her classmates.

[spoiler=Biography]

Charlotte Greenfield, a girl born in England, with a heart too big for her body, showing affection towards everyone and everything. Maybe a bit too much affection...

Charlotte was born in a medium-wealth family, went to school and everything a normal girl would do. At school she was excellent, the pride of her family, always getting good votes.

But unlike her sister, Charlotte wasn't the "cool" type of person. She loves videogames, anime, manga. Stuff that people wouldn't exactly consider cool, so she always found herself alone most of the time. The only friends she had liked her because she would help them with their homework, that's also why she's grown this very rude attitude towards others.

But one day everything changed, she met a girl who shared her same interests, she liked Charlotte for who she was, the good grades didn't matter to her, and Charlotte found happiness again. But her friend was bullied constantly, without Charlotte knowing about it. One day Charlotte called her best friend, and the only thing the friend said was "Goodbye". Charlotte ran to her apartment building as quickly as she could, finding her best friend in the roof ready to jump off. Charlotte tried to stop her, but it didn't work, her best friend was already falling to the ground attracted by the evil force that is gravity. Time suddenly stopped for Charlotte, everything seemed stopped, as she found a book in her hand. She didn't know what she was doing, she was driven by instinct. A circle of light appeared on the ground under her friend's falling body. "Air Sign - Breeze Sonata!" She shouted as a gentle breeze welcomed her friend to the ground stopping her fall to certain doom.

After this event, Cher friend decided to move to Japan, to get away from the bad memories that England gave her, so Charlotte decided to follow her so she could always be at her side and to make sure that she wouldn't attempt suicide again.

My beautiful soul. I know you want one as cool as mine, you little brat that shouldn't be reading my diary.

[spoiler=Soul Manifestation] 

Elktail_Grimoire_Icon.png

Her "Grimoire of Wonders" as she likes to call it is her soul's manifestation. The weak point is the red gem that acts as the deer's eye.

[spoiler=Aethertouched Ability]

Charlotte's Wondrous Dimension: Charlotte can summon a runic circle of light of maximum 2 meter radius, conjuring the elements inside it at will. 

She can cast multiple spells that will activate inside the circle. The amount of spells in the grimoire is almost endless, but each one has it's different fatigue cost, and using too many will drain her. Each element has a different utility: Fire is mainly attacking spells, Earth mainly defensive, Water mainly healing, Air mainly support, while Aether, the last element are the most powerful spells in her Grimoire of Wonders, they have unique effects, but one of them will drain most of her energy. ONLY ONE SPELL CAN BE ACTIVE INSIDE THE CIRCLE AT A TIME. ONLY ONE CIRCLE CAN BE CREATED AT A TIME. All the continuous spells require a constant use of energy, the use depends on the power of the spell.

Some spell examples:

Fire Sign - Ballad of Fire: The runic circle turns a burgundy red, and inside of it a huge fire is conjured.

Earth - Shield Between Worlds: The runic circle turns an emerald green color and it becomes an indestructible shield. Nothing can enter or exit it. This spell is probably the most energy-costly non Aether spell. Around 30 seconds are the maximum time limit it can reach, and after those Charlotte would be left with no more energy to fight.

Water Sign - Marine Blessing: The person inside of it is healed from all injuries. The bigger the injury, the more energy is required from Charlotte.

Air Sign - Lost Wind of the Hidden Valley: The person inside of it has it's attack boosted as long as he/she is inside the circle.

Aether Sign - Dance of Souls: When a person is inside it, his/her Aethertouched ability's power is greatly increased. Just 15 seconds of this ability active will probably drain Charlotte of all of her energy.

Quirky stuff about me. Since you're already reading my diary, why not tell you all about me, like it makes a difference...

[spoiler=Music i enjoy listening to while blatantly ignoring you]

[spoiler=Theme] 

[spoiler=Battle Theme 1] 

[spoiler=Battle Theme 2]

• My favourite Touhou character is Patchouli.
  • As you can clearly see i love colored ink.
  • My favourite colors include purple and ochre
  • My favourite food is Onigiri, so cliche amirite?
  • My taste in everything is better than yours, bye

actually not going to use aika, at least for now

[spoiler=A man who has everything and yet nothing of value.]

6woQ2et.png

"I have had everything handed to me on a silver platter. I suppose it's due time for me to go out and take some things for myself."

Personal Information

Name: Masahiko Kurosaki (黒崎 正彦, lit. Kurosaki Masahiko)

Blood Type: A

[spoiler=Appearance]"I would not go so far to call me a model. I have a mildly comely face, and I have always maintained my body. Girls have flocked to me throughout my life for my wealth and good looks... but not her."

Masahiko is a good-looking Japanese youth who actually looks like he's in his mid to late twenties, or even early thirties (note that Asians do tend to look pretty youthful into their thirties or more). He would be more attractive if he didn't always wear such a focused or stern expression, as his face is more suited to a gentle disposition. For a Japanese, he is very tall at 191 cm, and he is a regular athlete thus maintains a very well-toned body. He has large hands.

q_postcardps_by_tsubakiya-d5plkrf.jpg

Image Credits: http://haari.deviantart.com/art/Q-345327963

[spoiler=Personality]"What kind of person am I, you ask? I cannot exactly say myself. I have been diligent and upstanding, and that is what others recognize me for. Yet I feel their high views of me would change if they got to know me better."

Overall, Masahiko is an honest and diligent young man with slight social difficulties and a slightly sarcastic inner nature contrasting with his overall seriousness. Following the traumatic death of his friend, he has been increasingly self-aware and is now seeking meaning in his life beyond the path that his family has given him while overcoming his close minded nature.

As a proper young man of Japanese high society, in public, Masahiko is very polite, and is capable of socializing and maintaining a calm and cordial disposition at all times in front of others. Yet much closer observers would notice that his smile is rather stiff, his expression slightly fierce, and his frustrations are often conveyed by subtle twitches on his face. Nevertheless, Masahiko is quite popular due to his cool and courteous demeanor, and his serious and diligent nature earns him a lot respect among the Japanese. Young maidens sometimes have delusions of him being the rich and handsome prince that will carry them away to his million-dollar penthouse.

Getting to know him longer, one would realise that Masahiko isn’t as socially adept as he seems. People don’t tend to approach him because of his high social status and serious nature, so he doesn’t get to interact much with others on the normal side of his life. Due to being on a slightly different wavelength from most people, Masahiko also has difficulty inferring others’ feelings and intentions at times, and he has a natural obliviousness towards anyone or anything he isn’t actively focused upon, making him ultimately bad at social relationships outside of business.

Even towards his few regular acquaintances, Masahiko never lowers his guard. As a representative of the Kurosaki family, he always has to maintain appearances and reputation. In addition, he is embarrassed to open his heart to others in the first place, so very few people ever get to see his more casual side. The relaxed Masahiko is a sarcastic, but rather good-natured tsukkomi, and he sometimes demonstrates a slightly odd sense of humor. He has considerable interest in videogames, manga, and anime, and is actually extremely competitive at sports, sulking when he loses.

For Masahiko, being better than commoners is almost a statement of fact. He is very confident in his own abilities, but is not disrespectful to others because of it. It’s simply that as a Kurosaki, he must excel and always do his duty. He has strong morals and discipline, and never questioned it, thus naturally considered those who aren’t as diligent as him beneath him. His characteristics can’t be entirely attributed to his upbringing, as Masahiko does have a natural sort of tunnel mind, things simply don’t occur to him unless explicitly brought up.

Recently, he has begun to philosophize slightly and realize how fortunate he was and how complacent he had been, simply following his family’s ideals without a single independent thought. He realized he didn't do much thinking about other people, and although he followed basic courtesy, he never really cared for them. Tentatively, he begins to go out to discover his own feelings, and try new things for the sake of broadening his worldview.

[spoiler=Biography]"The greatest lesson I have ever learned is that you never truly understand the value of what you have until you've lost it. It opened my eyes... to how fortunate I am... and how worthless."

The first eighteen years of Masahiko’s life were lived almost robotically. There were no real twists and turns; there was an upright path before him, and Masahiko walked it. Born as a scion of the Kurosaki family who owned one of the biggest conglomerates in Japan, it was only natural that he excelled in both academics and athletics. He breezed through high school and aced the entrance exams to Tokyo University. Along the way, he acquired many medals and trophies for basketball, boxing, and almost any other sport he cared to try, while juggling duties and responsibilities in high society as a Kurosaki heir.

If there was any deviation in the well-paved road laid for him by the Kurosaki family, it would be the entrance of Haruko Maki into his life in junior high. She was a short-haired tomboy who seemed to delight in teasing him. Despite that, Masahiko felt a kinship towards her as he felt none of the distance he had with other people. She introduced him to games, manga, and anime, things Masahiko had previously seen as degenerative forms of media, and ultimately drew him into a life more typical for a Japanese youth. Through her, Masahiko was able to get to know other people and make more friends, but of his friends in junior high, only she managed to get into the prestigious high school Masahiko went to and follow him all the way to Todai.

Haruko Maki died on Masahiko’s birthday, hit by a car in a moment of carelessness on the way towards his penthouse with a cake. After a high class party with his family and corporate guests during the day, he stayed up past midnight waiting for her, until he fell asleep on his couch. Finding out the truth the next day at university, the glasses manifested on his face and caused a localized earthquake on campus until he was jolted enough out of his shock to become properly aware of his surroundings. Masahiko withdrew from all social activities for several days. Returning after his days in isolation, Masahiko seemed considerably mellowed.

He began to ponder more about a lot more things, and his tunnel vision in life began to further open up. There were times he was observed to be just standing staring at the scenery utterly engaged with just about nothing at all. He also spent a good deal of time finding more about Haruko, realizing how little he really knew about her and having met her family for the first time at her funeral.

[spoiler=Abilities]"Have I really had to work at anything? The gifts my parents gave me have always carried me."

Enhanced Physical Strength: With a regular workout every day except Sunday, Masahiko has properly honed his natural ability for use in sports. Now further enhanced by Aethertouch, he can lift about 600 kg and his punches are easily capable of killing a normal person in one hit while dealing good damage to another of the Aethertouched.

Enhanced Agility and Reflexes: As a boxer and a basketball player, Masahiko's agility and reflexes are topnotch. His talent and diligence makes him a force to be reckoned with both in the ring and on the court. His boxing footwork is textbook and precise, perfected through acute practice. He is mostly capable of jumping out of the way when a gunman open fires.

Enhanced Durability: His great mental fortitude and Aethertouched body allow him to survive getting shot provided they do not hit any vital organs. If vital organs are damaged, he is still capable of recovering with medical attention.

Adept Martial Arts: Although he has rudimentary knowledge of other martial arts, Masahiko is primarily a boxer who has won quite a few highschool competitions.

Soul Manifestation

The Tinted Lenses/Existential Glasses: Condensing his soul, Masahiko brings forth a pair of ordinary purple-framed glasses with slightly purple-tinted lenses. They are as fragile as normal glasses and thus extra care must be taken with them compared to other manifested souls. Contrast to their mundane appearance, the glasses have the ability to warp reality when worn.

• All Acts are Subjective: Any act with intent behind it will be judged by Masahiko and the "magnitude" of the intended effect of the action will be decided by how meaningful Masahiko thinks the action is. For example, bullets fired by a petty thug would not even damage Masahiko's clothing due to having 0 meaning in Masahiko's eyes. On the other hand, a weakling with strong moral conviction and burning passion would be able to punch through walls in Masahiko's presence. It doesn't just extend to physical phenomena, but also subjective things, for example food cooked by someone who put great effort into making others happy would taste better than any professional chef's, even if the power was applied to the food after it was cooked (although it would taste normal if the power was removed). How much the "magnitude" is affected is relative and can only be described by subjective adjectives for the situation, typically, it will diminish the effect to "weak" or even "completely ineffective" if the action is completely meaningless, or it will increase the effect to be "strong" or "very powerful", the latter only occurs in a moment of very great emotion and conviction. To get an idea in terms of punches, "weak" punches will have some effect and be slower than usual, but altogether not do very much, whereas every "strong" punch will be like a very heavy slug and extremely fast. Masahiko is not able to select what and what isn't affected by this power, simply any action with an obvious intent that Masahiko is actively aware of will be affected, thus sneak attacks are not affected unless Masahiko becomes aware of them before they strike.
The glasses are capable of greater types of reality warping, but they will only happen in extreme cases where Masahiko completely loses hold of himself. Stronger powers also can emerge as the RP progresses and stuff.

[spoiler=Trivia]

• A business student at Tokyo University, Masahiko is headed towards eventually joining the Board of Directors of Kurosaki Corporation. He is a walking advertisement for Kurosaki Corporation, wearing only brands of clothing and glasses they own.
  • One of the main reasons Masahiko never became particularly arrogant was because of his awareness of an existence whose talent towers over his—his brother seven years his elder, Akihiko Kurosaki. Fortunately, they seldom interact and their age gap makes it so that Masahiko isn't living constantly under Akihiko's shadow.
  • Masahiko is partial to shonen manga, and sometimes reads manga on his phone while commuting. His favorites include Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Kuroko no Basuke, the latter of which actually inspired him to play basketball.
  • All of Masahiko's living and working areas are spotless and well-organized. Masahiko is actually a clean freak and carries around a pocket-sized bottle of Kurosaki brand hand sanitizer.
  • Masahiko can fluently speak six languages—Japanese, Chinese, Korean, English, Russian, and French—while holding some understanding of Spanish, Portuguese, and Arabic.

[spoiler=The Furious Boxer]

Name: Mac Louis

[spoiler=Appearance] 352944702cc0e3ad.jpg

He stands at 5'8, weighing 185 pounds of muscle, although his loose clothes hide them. He has multiple scars on his body from living in big bad Brooklyn.

[spoiler=Personality] This boy is one tough and stubborn cookie. Even as a normal human, his willpower was strong enough to help him shrug off attacks from the best boxers in the world, and to keep fighting when most people would have lost consciousness. He's proud of the skill he has earned through training, and trains constantly.

Due to his intense training, he is very perspective of people's body language, able to tell if they want to attack and even from which direction. Most of he time, he can be seen quietly observing instead of speaking. When he does not train, he is very laid back... There's just not many times when he's not training.

As a result... he has very bad social skills. He finds it awkward to talk to new people, and that makes it hard to make new friends. However, he's fiercely loyal to the friends he does manages to make, often helping them without any questions or asking for anything in return.

He also has a bit of a temper issue, mostly when it comes to people questioning his skill. After all, he worked hard for it and he'll be damned if anyone talks down to him or belittles his skills. He also can't stand one that disregard others, and will often jump to someone else's defense, even if he had no part of the argument in the first place.

[spoiler=Biography] Mac grew up in a tough part of Brooklyn, being raised by only his father, an old boxing champion everyone called 'Doc'. Mac spent a good deal of his life being bullied at school and on the streets. However, out of fear, he told no one, just taking it and holding in all his feelings.

That all changed one day when a bully was stupid enough to beat up Mac in front of Doc. After driving away the bullies, Doc started giving Mac personal training lessons. Since Mac didn't have the sheer size advantage most of his tormentors did, Doc taught him to be quick on his feet and to be calculating. This let Mac learn the art of finding a weakness and exploiting it.

When his training was done, Doc took Mac to the Boxing Federation, to see how much the training paid off. Surprising, Mac did great, quickly rising the ranks, almost reaching the top and even had a match to become champion. Some people didn't like this though, and threatened that if he won, bad things would happen to him. Mac told his father about this, but the jolly ex-champion told him to not worry about it and press on. Mac of course listened, and became the American Light Heavyweight boxing champ. His however, changed his life forever, and not in a good way.

A week after Mac became champ, shady looking people came by to the gym he worked out at and began to fire their guns all over the place. Doc shoved Mac into a safe position... At the cost of his own life. Mac watched his father die right in front of him that day... And something inside him snapped.

Suddenly, the world looked like it was moving in slow motion, to the point even the bullets looked like they were crawling through the air. An ethereal aura surrounded his hands and became a weapon he was most familiar with... Boxing gloves. He ran up to an assailant and punched with all his mighty rage, and watched in shock as the man flew through a wall, across the street, through another wall, and disappeared from sight. With this discovery of his newfound strength, it was easy work taking out the rest. The bullets couldn't even touch him as they crawled through the air and he made easy work of them.

One man was smart enough to run away. In frustration, Mac threw a punch in his direction... And suddenly his body zipped over, flying across the ground to punch that man straight into the chest. A sickening crunch was heard as his fist went through his skin, his bones, and the man's muscles before coming out the other side. And that's how Mac accidentally killed his first man.

From then on, Mac felt lost without his best friend, mentor, and father. He spent most of his time training and fighting, if only to pay the bills. One day while watching TV, he saw a commercial for the city of Tokyo. For some reason... He felt... Compelled to go, like it was something he HAD to do. He reasoned it as needing a vacation. However, a vacation alone was not enough to convince himself to go. As he debated with himself, he finally decided to attempt to enter Japan's Boxing Association and see how he fared against foreigners. So now he travels to Tokyo, unaware of the game he has now entered.

[spoiler=Soul Manifestation] A pair of good old boxing gloves.

[spoiler=Aethertouched Ability] Due to his boxing training and extreme willpower, he has far greater strength and endurance than even that of an average Aethertouched. His fists hit like a speeding train, and he can shrug off most attacks to keep on punching, even though he still takes damage from them.

In battle, his perception enhances, making the world look like it is moving slower, which allows him to dodge or counter easily. He's honed is ability to the point that he can dodge bullets, one time actually approaching a man who fired off several rounds, and Mac just dodged each one.

And finally, his punches can create an acceleration vector that his body will follow at high speeds, allow him to close the distance between him and his opponent quickly. He can even use it to in a manner similar to that of Spider-Man's web swinging, although he rarely does it, so he is bad at it.

[spoiler=Misc]

• Likes chocolate. It's his favorite food. If you could make fries out of chocolate, he will love you forever.
  • Has no concept of the idea of romance. Don't ask him for romantic advice.
  • Has a collection of bikes in his home. For some reason, Doc always came home with a new one...
[spoiler=Character Theme]

[spoiler=Training Theme]

[spoiler=Battle Theme]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AboKYRqJGs

[spoiler=The Little Red Riding Hood]

i9AJSmJ.png?1

"Just try and stop me!"

Personal Information

Name - Rose Grimms

Age - 20

[spoiler=Appearance]

DQpb81R.png?1

Rose stands at 5'7" and weighs 114 lb. Even without her Soul Manifestation, her fingernails are quite sharp due to her time spent surviving in the forest. She also has sharper than usual canines, although they aren't drastically sharp either.

[spoiler=Personality]

Rose has always loved the wild, and all of its inhabitants. She also enjoys Fairy Tales, even now that she is a young adult, as they remind her of her parents. She has always been the adventurous type, and had always wanted to explore the world. She doesn't care much about material things like expensive cars or fine china - she is definitely very practical. The exception to this rule being the red cloak she always wears - it was given to her by her parents, and she holds it tightly to her.

If there was one word to describe Rose, it would be bold. She has little to no fear in diving straight into any situation. She is also very optimistic and energetic - there really isn't much that can put Rose down. She can also be spontaneous in her thinking, and is very adaptable to the situation at hand. These traits, along with her ability to stay relaxed even in the most hectic situation, make her great during a crisis situation. She is also quite crafty in the more literal sense - channeling her inner MacGyver, she uses her practicality and creativity to the test when coming up with ideas and putting those ideas to practice.

Rose can be very stubborn at times, especially when it comes to her ideology. She can also be quite insensitive when talking to people. For these reasons, she tends to take introvert tendencies. However, that's not to say that she can't be social. She also does not like to commit to anything - she would much rather spend her life living day-by-day rather than focus on a long-term plan. Finally, due to her stubbornness and boldness, she can be quite reckless, and gets herself into sticky situations a lot of times. 

[spoiler=Biography] 

When Rose was around 16 her family went on a camping trip into the wild. Everything was going pleasantly, until Rose slipped and fell down a large landslide while her parents weren't looking, twisting her ankle on the way down. To make matters worse, a pack of wolves had heard the commotion and started circling her. Suddenly, however, red claws suddenly manifested themselves onto Rose's hands. To make matters even more strange, she could suddenly...talk? It wasn't exactly talking, but she could communicate with the wolves! Or, as she would later understand, she was communicating with the soul of the wolves. She didn't know it at the time, but she had been Aethertouched that day. A search party eventually found her playing around with the wolves. Miraculously, her ankle seemed to have mostly healed, and her claws had faded.

Even since that day, Rose had been learning more and more about her powers as time went on. During the day she would do her normal routine that she had before she got her abilities, only using them to communicate with the family pet Fang - an adult Siberian Husky - and hone her now found senses. However, by night she would wander off to the nearest forest, practicing her acrobatics abilities and learning how to use her new found claws effectively. Her parents were aware that she was doing this - actually, they were basically the only ones that knew about her abilities as far as Rose knew. At the age of 18, Rose and her parents agreed that it was time for her to live alone now. Before heading out, though, her parent gave her the red cloak she always wears. Since then she has been living a nomadic lifestyle, using her abilities to make money (i.e. playing Poker, street performing with magic trick and gymnastics, working at carnivals, ect.). Her travels have recently lead her to Tokyo.

Combat Information

Crimson Claw (x2)

Bo9imda.png?1

[spoiler=Aethertouched Abilities]

The Crimson Hunter

Rose has heightened senses - more so than even those with Aethertouched Souls. The extent of these senses have lead to some to think that she has the ability to read minds. This is untrue, however - her senses are simply refined to the point where she can detect micro movements that the body makes and can "feel" someones heart rate using said senses (hearing and sight). "Mind Reading", however, requires her to focus on the subject. These senses also enhances her reflexes and allows her to see in the dark. Rose is also more limber and has quicker body regeneration (not to Wolverien levels obviously). She can also run at blistering speeds and jump impressive heights due to this ability - overall making her an incredible acrobat.

Tongue of the Wild

Rose can communicate with simpler souls directly. This allows her to "talk" to animals and plant-life

[spoiler=Yu Yamauchi]

nQmZm0o.png?2

Name: Yu Yamauchi

[spoiler=Appearance]lBthlaM.png?2

Personality: "Cold" and "Abrasive" are words that can be used to describe Yu, yet she is not a wholly unpleasant person to hang around with, despite what her partner says. Yu is, in fact, a very laid back and quiet person. Not quiet because she's shy or socially awkward, mind you. Yu is a woman of few words and general keeps her conversations "efficient". Yu is not one for heavy social interaction, and decides to remain mostly aloof.

Getting to know Yu more, you'll find the lack of humor... boring. By now, it becomes clear that Yu is not so much abrasive as she is mostly apathetic towards most things. Cracking a joke at Yu will warrant no more than an annoyed sigh; asking her what her favorite food grants the answer of the one that offers the most nutrients. Yu seems to fit the persona of the "Cool Person" a little too well; unaffected by a lot around her and holding no easily observable passion.

Yet, there is a drive to what Yu does. She hangs around someone that she would describe "Utterly insufferable" if you were to ask her, yet has his back whenever he needs help. Yu may seem stark and lifeless on the outside, yet the deeper you dig, the more you're bound to find...
Biography: If you have to know, we lived in [REDACTED] for a few years. Yes, I was still young when the tsunami hit. The power plant was hit hardest, probably, and the reactor melted down. My family and I made it out alive, but my parents both died of radiation poisoning a few weeks later. No, we were only living in a survival shelter. Correct, I have no other surviving family members.
[recording goes quiet for a minute]
I met Maurice a few years later. I had to learn to live on the streets and started stealing. Bumped into me; looked like he was running away from someone. He was just a kid back then; well, we both were. Didn't look like he had anyone looking out for him so I decided to help. I've looked after him since like a brother.
So how would you describe your relationship now? Business? Did you wind up together?
Nothing romantic, if that's what you're asking. But yes, we still work together.
Work together doing what?
I think that's something we would like to keep to ourselves.
Miss Yamauchi, I would advise you to answer the questi--
[Recording ends]

Soul Manifestation: A simple, gold ring.
Aethertouched Ability:
[spoiler=Fission]
Fission: The ring grants Yu this ability. Upon physical contact, Yu can violently disrupt an object's atomic structure. On the basic levels, this means that she can turn small objects into bombs. With more complex objects, such as people, Yu is unable to make anything... Explode as easy, per se, however it does invoke some surprising effects. An action such as a poke may carry the force of a strong punch in terms of pain. Grabbing someone's limb will cause great pain, and prolonged or strong grips will cause immense pain and serious injury. Larger simple objects (inanimate) will follow the same route of becoming explosive, however the mass of the object determines how long it may take for the matter to destabilize. Otherwise, the ability's effect is limited to what is contacting Yu's skin.

This ability can also be used disrupt the air around Yu; creating immense heat, but can only be done for so long as the air is being rendered un-breathable around her.

[spoiler=Yu Yamauchi]

nQmZm0o.png?2

Name: Yu Yamauchi

x393wz.jpg

Appearance:

[spoiler=Appearance]

lBthlaM.png?2

Personality: "Cold" and "Abrasive" are words that can be used to describe Yu, yet she is not a wholly unpleasant person to hang around with, despite what her partner says. Yu is, in fact, a very laid back and quiet person. Not quiet because she's shy or socially awkward, mind you. Yu is a woman of few words and general keeps her conversations "efficient". Yu is not one for heavy social interaction, and decides to remain mostly aloof.

Getting to know Yu more, you'll find the lack of humor... boring. By now, it becomes clear that Yu is not so much abrasive as she is mostly apathetic towards most things. Cracking a joke at Yu will warrant no more than an annoyed sigh; asking her what her favorite food grants the answer of the one that offers the most nutrients. Yu seems to fit the persona of the "Cool Person" a little too well; unaffected by a lot around her and holding no easily observable passion.

Yet, there is a drive to what Yu does. She hangs around someone that she would describe "Utterly insufferable" if you were to ask her, yet has his back whenever he needs help. Yu may seem stark and lifeless on the outside, yet the deeper you dig, the more you're bound to find...

Biography: If you have to know, we lived in [REDACTED] for a few years. Yes, I was still young when the tsunami hit. The power plant was hit hardest, probably, and the reactor melted down. My family and I made it out alive, but my parents both died of radiation poisoning a few weeks later. No, we were only living in a survival shelter. Correct, I have no other surviving family members.

[recording goes quiet for a minute]

I met Maurice a few years later. I had to learn to live on the streets and started stealing. Bumped into me; looked like he was running away from someone. He was just a kid back then; well, we both were. Didn't look like he had anyone looking out for him so I decided to help. I've looked after him since like a brother.

So how would you describe your relationship now? Business? Did you wind up together?

Nothing romantic, if that's what you're asking. But yes, we still work together.

Work together doing what?

I think that's something we would like to keep to ourselves.

Miss Yamauchi, I would advise you to answer the questi--

[Recording ends]

x393wz.jpg

Soul Manifestation: A simple, gold ring.

Aethertouched Ability:

[spoiler=Fission]

Fission: The ring grants Yu this ability. Upon physical contact, Yu can violently disrupt an object's atomic structure. On the basic levels, this means that she can turn small objects into bombs. With more complex objects, such as people, Yu is unable to make anything... Explode as easy, per se, however it does invoke some surprising effects. An action such as a poke may carry the force of a strong punch in terms of pain. Grabbing someone's limb will cause great pain, and prolonged or strong grips will cause immense pain and serious injury. Larger simple objects (inanimate) will follow the same route of becoming explosive, however the mass of the object determines how long it may take for the matter to destabilize. Otherwise, the ability's effect is limited to what is contacting Yu's skin.

This ability can also be used disrupt the air around Yu; creating immense heat, but can only be done for so long as the air is being rendered un-breathable around her.

Literally perfect xD

[spoiler=Cosmo's Loving Youkai] 

Charlotte's diary, don't open it, you twat!

"Love-coloured Master Spark, light this world up!"

Personal Information, in case i ever forget about me for some reason.

Name: Charlotte Greenfield

[spoiler=Appearance] VHz90eY.jpg 

[spoiler=Personality]

Charlotte is a huge game-geek, like seriously, HUGE. That may be one of the first things you notice about her, well, if she opens up to you. She's very closed in herself, mostly acting rude towards others or just simply ignoring them. She's very sarcastic and loves offending others in multiple ways. She almost acts emotionless, with the only emotion showing being pure disgust and hatred. BUT, if you get to know her she's probably one of the sweetest persons you'll ever meet. Trying to help her friends. Oh, she also gets attached quite easily, show some friendliness towards her a few times and she'll consider you her best friend. She's very curious about the world and loves exploring and trying new things.

Let's expand a bit more on her gamer side, shall we? Her favourite videogame is the Touhou series. Most of her spells names are in fact inspired by the spell cards in the game. Most of the music she's listening to while ignoring you is videogame soundtracks or rearranges/remixes of them. She loves genres such as RPG, Music games and obviously Bullet Hell type games.

She'll do anything to protect any of her friends, and will be very hurt when one of them leaves her. Although she is very stubborn, get an idea inside her head and good luck getting it out.But despite being stubborn, she's very smart, always being at the top of her class in school, and because of her intelligence, finished school a year earlier than her classmates.

[spoiler=Biography]

Charlotte Greenfield, a girl born in England, with a heart too big for her body, showing affection towards everyone and everything. Maybe a bit too much affection...

Charlotte was born in a medium-wealth family, went to school and everything a normal girl would do. At school she was excellent, the pride of her family, always getting good votes.

But unlike her sister, Charlotte wasn't the "cool" type of person. She loves videogames, anime, manga. Stuff that people wouldn't exactly consider cool, so she always found herself alone most of the time. The only friends she had liked her because she would help them with their homework, that's also why she's grown this very rude attitude towards others.

But one day everything changed, she met a girl who shared her same interests, she liked Charlotte for who she was, the good grades didn't matter to her, and Charlotte found happiness again. But her friend was bullied constantly, without Charlotte knowing about it. One day Charlotte called her best friend, and the only thing the friend said was "Goodbye". Charlotte ran to her apartment building as quickly as she could, finding her best friend in the roof ready to jump off. Charlotte tried to stop her, but it didn't work, her best friend was already falling to the ground attracted by the evil force that is gravity. Time suddenly stopped for Charlotte, everything seemed stopped, as she found a book in her hand. She didn't know what she was doing, she was driven by instinct. A circle of light appeared on the ground under her friend's falling body. "Air Sign - Breeze Sonata!" She shouted as a gentle breeze welcomed her friend to the ground stopping her fall to certain doom.

After this event, Charlotte decided to move to Japan, Tokyo to be precise, to start a new life.

My beautiful soul. I know you want one as cool as mine, you little brat that shouldn't be reading my diary.

Elktail_Grimoire_Icon.png

Her "Grimoire of Wonders" as she likes to call it is her soul's manifestation. The weak point is the red gem that acts as the deer's eye.

[spoiler=Aethertouched Ability]

Charlotte's Wondrous Dimension: Charlotte can summon a runic circle of light of maximum 2 meter radius, conjuring the elements inside it at will. 

She can cast multiple spells that will activate inside the circle. The amount of spells in the grimoire is almost endless, but each one has it's different fatigue cost, and using too many will drain her. Each element has a different utility: Fire is mainly attacking spells, Earth mainly defensive, Water mainly healing, Air mainly support, while Aether, the last element are the most powerful spells in her Grimoire of Wonders, they have unique effects, but one of them will drain most of her energy. ONLY ONE SPELL CAN BE ACTIVE INSIDE THE CIRCLE AT A TIME. ONLY ONE CIRCLE CAN BE CREATED AT A TIME.

Some spell examples:

Fire Sign - Ballad of Fire: The runic circle turns a burgundy red, and inside of it a huge fire is conjured.

Earth - Shield Between Worlds: The runic circle turns an emerald green color and it becomes an indestructible shield. Nothing can enter or exit it.

Water Sign - Marine Blessing: The person inside of it is healed from all injuries. The bigger the injury, the more energy is required from Charlotte.

Air Sign - Lost Wind of the Hidden Valley: The person inside of it has it's attack boosted as long as he/she is inside the circle.

Aether Sign - Dance of Souls: When a person is inside it, his/her Aethertouched ability's power is greatly increased. Just 15 seconds of this ability active will probably drain Charlotte of all of her energy.

Quirky stuff about me. Since you're already reading my diary, why not tell you all about me, like it makes a difference...

[spoiler=Music i enjoy listening to while blatantly ignoring you]

[spoiler=Theme] 

[spoiler=Battle Theme 1] 

[spoiler=Battle Theme 2] 

• My favourite Touhou character is Patchouli.
  • As you can clearly see i love colored ink.
  • My favourite colors include purple and ochre
  • My favourite food is Onigiri, so cliche amirite?
  • My taste in everything is better than yours, bye

I think it's done... I had way too much fun creating this app. Also, tell me if i went a bit over the limit with the powers...

Nvm, i found the problem so here goes :

[spoiler=Revenge Demon]Name : John Michael
Birthday : 2nd December

[spoiler=Appearance]JGMbJcc.jpg

John is very carefree about the way he carries himself, his eyes demonstrate his cold and ruthless attitude. His hair are messy and over the place sometimes and he likes to carry himself freestyle. His pale Yellow eyes are enough to strike a bad yet ominous feeling wherever he currently roams. He also wears the coat of his late brother in the memory of that fateful incident that changed his life forever.

[spoiler=Personality]John is very cold, calculating and quite mysterious to say the least. He is brash, hot headed and normally does not back away from any fight or debate. He likes to remain and explore the world in his own tempo and does not like to be bossed around. He believes that the only thing that stops you from doing what you want is yourself.

He is nasty with a cocky gangsta attitude but fights for his beliefs and ideals and protects everything dear to him even if it means doing something sinister along the way. The only thing he cared about was his family and his inability to save them drives his intense desire for power and led to him making his only friend - "Darkness". He is fond of exploring and becoming one with spooky and eerie places.

John is the wanderer of the Dark and can be found roaming and training in the most terrifying places in order to become strong to become worthy of protecting others. He considers himself the outlaw and does "good things in a bad way" to maintain balance. He comes as cold, creepy and nasty at first glance but boasts a spirit to eliminate darkness by embracing it and a desire to protect others.
Deep down he is angry, guilt ridden and power hungry - Simply put, the kind of people you do not wanna get casual around. He now searches for those who have the same powers as him to truly judge their purpose and intent.

[spoiler=Biography]John was never the way he is now in the past. John was a playful lad who although did not have that many friends and passions but really enjoyed life and nature and especially the dark. The only thing he cared about was his family consisting of his elder brother, small sister and mother. His father went missing under mysterious circumstances and his mother had to struggle a lot to bring up her children.

John had respect for his brother and often imitated his style and loved her sister and always stuck around her in case she got in trouble and idolized her mother for the struggles she went through. He worked part time jobs secretly to support his family and was the responsible one. One day when he returned home late night from one of his "trips down the dark places", he was captured by some mysterious people outside the door and his family was brutally murdered right in front of him while he tried to break free and help them.

This incident changed him and he had to go through several psycho sessions just to recover from it. He knew he was changed and the only thing that stuck with him was his love for the dark. But soon he came to know that his soul had manifested itself in the form of a scythe and cursed armor which reflected his intense resolve and inner darkness. He now works as a small time detective catching bad guys and doing dirty deeds hoping to catch the killers for his family's massacre and keeps tabs on those like him to make sure others do not go down the road he took.

[spoiler=Soul Manifestation]John's soul manifests itself in the form of a scythe of long proportions with a long blade and a greenish aura completely covering the blade and certain parts of his body. He also gets covered in a black armor which looks very ancient and is capable of taking some good blows with chain suit in built in the armor for added protection with buckles lose which gives him an extremely ominous look and helps protect his identity as it also covers part of his face. The scythe and armor provide different abilities.

Scythe (Offense ) : The Green aura of the scythe is extremely poisonous and is fairly potent for those who come in contact. The scythe can also convert the green aura into energy and fire it as cuts and slices of long and short distances embedding the target with fatal poison on contact which drains energy and slows the victim.
Damned Rain (Hyper Offense Move) : When in trouble, John points his Scythe in the air and blasts all energy in the sky creating dark green clouds and rain of the fatal poison in a target area. John's speed is boosted massively in the rain. However, his defense becomes lackluster while midst this move.

6GKwvo8.jpg

V4eD7sKs.jpg

Armor (Defense) : The armor can take hefty blows from the opponent and is a good defensive backup. It has added utility to supply John with good defensive options in case he faces a formidable situation.
Poison Barrier : The Armor can create some blocks and shields out of the Aura for some protection from close and medium ranged attacks with a good chance of poisoning the target who destroy it with physical maneuvers.
Hades Ball (Hyper Defense Move) : By shedding all his offensive capabilities and his scythe, the armor absorbs and blasts the green aura protecting the user from a high offensive move and redirects it towards the opponent. This technique can only be used when John is about to be hit by a very brutal maneuver and drains quite some energy from John. John also becomes slow as time passes in this state although his defense reaches high levels.
John is still trying to master fighting in both modes effectively to balance defense and offense but only manages to fight effective in 1 mode at a time and rarely has the stamina to do both in a fight unless angered beyond the point.

[spoiler=Miscellanous]1) John does not prefer long fights, he likes to end it before it starts. Has won against the odds many times.

2) He is not very friendly and rarely behaves good to avoid making friends or getting attracted for fear of loosing his loved ones again.

3) Fights better and harder as his anger increases, the more punishment he takes, the double he delivers.

Archived