[Sakura 27K] The scattered petals tell the tale of a great warrior! Soar high up into the vast blue sky!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

0vscyUg.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can only use the (1) effect of "Sakura the Ninja of Scattering Petals" each once per turn. (1) During either player's turn, if a monster you control is targeted by a card effect: You can negate the activation of that effect, and if you do, destroy it. (2) If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy it.

[spoiler=V1]

yVFZzfF.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can only use the (1) and (3) effects of "Sakura the Ninja of Scattering Petals" each once per turn. (1) During either player's turn, if a monster you control is targeted by a card effect: You can negate the activation of that effect, and if you do, destroy it. (2) If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy it. (3) During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card.

(Thread title is derived from parts of summoning chants Chaos Sonic and Nai made last March in this thread. So yeah, thanks you two.)

iU8EggM.png

Thread's my 27,000th post, so as customary, I make a special card for the occasion.

Yes, this card is based on the character whose name I've had since July 28th, 2010, but it's designed for competitive usage while combining aspects from Sakura's powers and stuff.

First effect is supposed to protect your monsters from targeting removal that exists nowadays, a reference to her personality and stuff.

So yeah, anti-Castel / 101 / Majespecter backrow [ironic that I'm saying this] and whatever else that gets used.

(Unfortunately, no protection from sweep removal though. Exciton is banned though, so not listing it here [though yeah, Sakura can't block him either])

Hard OPT because it's still negation.

Second effect is destruction-based, and somewhat derived from U.A. Dreadnought Dunker and that earlier Kurama card I made a few weeks ago.

I'd like to give this card the ability to pop face-downs as well (similar to the former), but might be a bit much, especially coupled with the negation effect.

Being able to pop face-up monsters + Scales should be enough.

Third effect is floating, in the event that Sakura does get killed, and again linked to personality.

I wanted to make her revive during the End Phase, but then it'd be a regenerating 2.7k negator on the opponent's turn that would block removal attempts every turn, even with a hard lock. (I themed this off of the Speedroid Synchros to an extent).

2700 ATK because this is a 27K post.

If I wanted to make Sakura's level equivalent to my own, then it'd be 7, and that pool is pretty crowded though.

Sakura could probably find space in there though, although stats are on the higher end, especially for generic. So yeah, it's an 8 for that reason.

iU8EggM.png

Image is done by me; render is from Yin.

(Yes, this is the same render that my current avatar uses)

In any case, CnC is appreciated and will be repped.

I originally had the 3rd effect with a Speedroid-esque thing; suppose I could add it back, but probably not.

It can already destroy enough things as-is with its first two effects.

(I need this to be good enough to be considered for a slot in 8s, especially with RDA-Scarlight and stuff running around)

I was concerned about the 3rd effect as well, but you already took care of it.

Still, the card is already good enough as a generic Synchro8 in my opinion. The protection effect has more coverage than Thought Ruler Archfiend's, in exchange of being OPT unlike the latter. And the second is quite nice when she is backed up by the first effect.

As a WIND, I suppose Speedroids get access to it under their WIND-only Summoning restrictions, offering them the option of performing offensive plays that other WIND Synchro8s wouldn't be able to do (e.g Stardust Dragon); but I'm not familiar with them and don't even know if they even feasibly Summon Synchro8s in the first place.

Given the response to one of Nai's previous cards (which is also a Synchro 8), I will assume they probably can make them on a regular basis if needed.

I think it's CC 7.5.

But yeah, the two effects Sakura has now should be enough to make her strong enough.

Yeah, first effect has a better scope in exchange for a hard OPT (out of fairness, I don't think one would really trigger TRA more than once if used generically, unless to block itself). Goes well with popping face-up stuff; as much as I'd like to have it pop face-downs as well, at least you can get rid of a problematic monster in battle, so you can sweep.

(Adding face-down cards to the mix, coupled with targeting negation on a 2700 body is pushing it.)

Archived