Fire Emblem: Curse of the Goddess [OOC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Sethera

I apologize if I came off as passive aggressive. I spent like an hour rewriting that post trying not to be aggressive; apparently it didn't work. ^^;; That wasn't my intention; I was just trying to express my feelings as directly as possible, whether or not it made any sense. And I apologize, but I must confess that you come off as aggressive to me. Just being honest. ^^;;

I'm really sorry. I really don't intend to cloud my feelings or be passive aggressive, just post what I mean as honestly and kindly as possible. Evidently I failed. Last post was a bit of a... vomit. I was reeeally upset at the time; .////.; It's not that I'm upset at being criticized; it's just a... tone thing. Does that make sense?

Sigh. I'll see what I can do. I'm a bit of a wreck even now, but I'll try to calm down and get back on track. Sorry about all this.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize if I came off as passive aggressive. I spent like an hour rewriting that post trying not to be aggressive; apparently it didn't work. ^^;; That wasn't my intention; I was just trying to express my feelings as directly as possible, whether or not it made any sense. And I apologize, but I must confess that you come off as aggressive to me. Just being honest. ^^;;

I'm really sorry. I really don't intend to cloud my feelings or be passive aggressive, just post what I mean as honestly and kindly as possible. Evidently I failed. Last post was a bit of a... vomit. I was reeeally upset at the time; .////.; It's not that I'm upset at being criticized; it's just a... tone thing. Does that make sense?

Sigh. I'll see what I can do. I'm a bit of a wreck even now, but I'll try to calm down and get back on track. Sorry about all this.

I'm glad we figured this out, and I hold no hard feelings. Just let me know whenever I seem to be being a jerk.

I thought about our little dust-up overnight (I couldn't sleep ^^;;), and I came to certain conclusions. The "firm foundation" you're laying is entirely appropriate for an online game, and my sudden dives into talking about my feelings probably feel overly sensitive if not downright incomprehensible. The trouble is, my sensors are calibrated for tabletop games now. My responses would have been entirely appropriate in a tabletop game; obviously, this is not a tabletop game, so my responses were very inappropriate.
(This may explain some of the quirks of my comments, such as my noting that it's awkward to interact with characters when you don't think the player likes you. In tabletop games, player/character separation is far, far less prevalent than online. If you and the player don't get along, it shows. I've literally been in that situation in past games. It's not pleasant.)

I apologize for not understanding your expectations. That said, I've not really enjoyed this game since... ever, and after this little dust-up it's clear I'm not helping anyone have fun, least of all myself. So I'm dropping this game. (I'm also dropping this forum, so I won't be available for contact after this post.) Thanks for your time; I hope the game goes well. :)

I thought about our little dust-up overnight (I couldn't sleep ^^;;), and I came to certain conclusions. The "firm foundation" you're laying is entirely appropriate for an online game, and my sudden dives into talking about my feelings probably feel overly sensitive if not downright incomprehensible. The trouble is, my sensors are calibrated for tabletop games now. My responses would have been entirely appropriate in a tabletop game; obviously, this is not a tabletop game, so my responses were very inappropriate.

(This may explain some of the quirks of my comments, such as my noting that it's awkward to interact with characters when you don't think the player likes you. In tabletop games, player/character separation is far, far less prevalent than online. If you and the player don't get along, it shows. I've literally been in that situation in past games. It's not pleasant.)

I apologize for not understanding your expectations. That said, I've not really enjoyed this game since... ever, and after this little dust-up it's clear I'm not helping anyone have fun, least of all myself. So I'm dropping this game. (I'm also dropping this forum, so I won't be available for contact after this post.) Thanks for your time; I hope the game goes well. :)

Ahhh sorry to see you go, honestly. Sounds like you think it's for the best, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Hartello

Birthplace: Pelinna Region, Histia

Class: Frogant (I heard of the shapeshifter option, so I decided to make one. They are basically humanoids that can turn into giant frogs with Frogstones, much like how Kitsune can transform through Beaststones. The Fighting style would be based around hopping on top of opponents up close and using a long tongue as a long-range attack.)

Appearence: Hartello is a average-sized character at 5 feet and 11 inches, and has various frog-like features. His face, with blue eyes and green hair styled into a ponytail, also has a frog tounge inside his mouth. He wears some clothes similar to what Kaden from Fates wears, albeit with a greenish color scheme and being less revealing. He wears his Frogstone on a silver necklace, and is of a nimble and thin build.

Personality: Hartello is a naive person from his home tribe, and is not very smart. He is capable of learning, but it would take time, as he has a short attention span. Usually, when he encounters someone new, he introduces himself very quickly and asks if they are good or bad. He loves food, and absolutely loves tomatoes, and will try to eat any tomato he sees.

Bio: Hartello was born in the Pelinna Region as the youngest of a family of frog shapeshifters known as Frogants. Living in a remote swamp, most people don't know about Hartello or any of the Frogant Tribe members. When Hartello was 7, he accidentally wandered out of the swamp and into a farm, where he met a nice farmer who treated him nicely. Hartello brought back a tomato to the swamp and was scalded by his Tribe for leaving the swamp. Feeling sad, Hartello ran away after stealing a Frogstone and lived with the farmer untill he died of old age when Hartello was having his 21st birthday. He was sad when he died, and decided to head torwards Histia to look for the farmer's son.

Stats: HP A, Str B, Mag E, Skl C, Spd E, Lck D, Def C, Res D

Inventory: Beaststone, Vulenary

Other: Most likely to eat the most food. Birthday June 23rd.

My character sheet

[spoiler=Eleanor Byron]

Identity Information

Name:

Eleanor Byron
Female
Birthplace: 

Lake Ossa, Galtea

[spoiler=Appearance]

i9CNuPX.jpg

She wears a Dragon stone necklace (She isn’t a manakete, so it purely appearance stuff)

Height: 5.2 feet

Weight: 70.3 pounds 

[spoiler=Personality]

She is kind of adventurous, and friendly. But she tends to do her own thing

[spoiler=Biography]

To be fixed

Combat Information

Class: 

Shaman

[spoiler=Stats]

·         HP - D

·         Str - E

·         Mag - B

·         Skl - C

·         Spd - D

·         Lck - C

·         Def - E

·         Res - B

[spoiler=Fighting style]

Prefers to only fight only in dire moments

[spoiler=Inventory]

Dark tome (Ruin)

3 Concotions

Bullion (S)

Other info:

· She prefers night time over the day, as she enjoys looking at the stars

[spoiler=Hartello]

Name: Hartello

Birthplace: Pelinna Region, Histia

Class: Frogant (I heard of the shapeshifter option, so I decided to make one. They are basically humanoids that can turn into giant frogs with Frogstones, much like how Kitsune can transform through Beaststones. The Fighting style would be based around hopping on top of opponents up close and using a long tongue as a long-range attack.)

Appearence: Hartello is a average-sized character at 5 feet and 11 inches, and has various frog-like features. His face, with blue eyes and green hair styled into a ponytail, also has a frog tounge inside his mouth. He wears some clothes similar to what Kaden from Fates wears, albeit with a greenish color scheme and being less revealing. He wears his Frogstone on a silver necklace, and is of a nimble and thin build.

Personality: Hartello is a naive person from his home tribe, and is not very smart. He is capable of learning, but it would take time, as he has a short attention span. Usually, when he encounters someone new, he introduces himself very quickly and asks if they are good or bad. He loves food, and absolutely loves tomatoes, and will try to eat any tomato he sees.

Bio: Hartello was born in the Pelinna Region as the youngest of a family of frog shapeshifters known as Frogants. Living in a remote swamp, most people don't know about Hartello or any of the Frogant Tribe members. When Hartello was 7, he accidentally wandered out of the swamp and into a farm, where he met a nice farmer who treated him nicely. Hartello brought back a tomato to the swamp and was scalded by his Tribe for leaving the swamp. Feeling sad, Hartello ran away after stealing a Frogstone and lived with the farmer untill he died of old age when Hartello was having his 21st birthday. He was sad when he died, and decided to head torwards Histia to look for the farmer's son.

Stats: HP A, Str B, Mag E, Skl C, Spd E, Lck D, Def C, Res D

Inventory: Beaststone, Vulenary

Other: Most likely to eat the most food. Birthday June 23rd.

Put my character request in spoilers.

[spoiler=Hero of Rhyme]

eb6bd2.png

". . ."

Identity Information

Name: Link Harkinian
Birthplace: Galtea

[spoiler=Appearance:]

e67fb5fc21bd8aab98576913f661a986.jpg

Height: 5'7" (170.18 CM)

Weight: 114 LBS (51.7 KG)

Scarring (head-to-toe):

• A nick missing from the top of his right ear. Concealed by his cap (and hair) most of the time.

• A small, oblique white scar 1.5” (3.81 CM) above his left eye that reaches the center of his forehead.

• A 3” (7.62 CM) cut on his left shoulder. It’s a reddish brown, rough stripe that never healed properly.

• Three massive punctures wounds on his back as big around as a grown man’s fist: one is just below his right shoulder blade, one trailing slightly off the left side of his abdomen, and the last one a few inches above his hip on the right side. They’ve all faded, but they’re still horribly noticeable, the worst being the one beneath his shoulder blade.

• A crop of milky white scars on his left arm, beginning at the crease of his elbow and going all the way down to his wrist. They’ve almost completely faded.

• A blotchy, scaled red scar roughly the size of a quarter on his right palm, just below his thumb.

• A much smaller, less severe version of the scar on his back on his right shin, 6” (15.24 CM) below his knee. It looks much older than the wounds on his back as well, if the amount it’s faded is anything to go by.
  • A faint scar from the top of his right temple, going over his eye, down to just above his lip. Inflicted by a bandit in the forest and healed by Ciela.
  • A thin 4" scar to the right of his belly button (with a matching one on his back). Inflicted by a zombie and nearly lethal.

[spoiler=Personality:]

Link is the archetypical dutiful soldier at first glance. He is calm and collected under pressure that would break even seasoned veterans of war, quiet and respectful when greeting someone regardless of their rank or status, and brave and courageous even when facing certain death. He will carry out his orders to the best of his ability and without all that many questions, but he is not afraid to challenge authority if he thinks it is unnecessarily dangerous or careless with others lives. Link will put the safety of a comrade before the safety of himself in almost every situation, and it’s a trait that his weathered body and tired soul reflect.

He is akin to a machine to many people beyond his duty as a soldier. He is inept at expressing himself and what the rest of the world would think was courage in the face of certain defeat is more likely Link focusing on his duty to his country and his friends , powering through the paralyzing sense of fear that is gripping at him and making his entire body feel like it’s made of lead, so that no one else has to. This coupled with his natural shyness has resulted in him having very few people that he feels a sense of companionship with, and why his best friend throughout the largest portion of his life was a horse. People are grateful towards him for his service, and new recruits would often look to him as a mentor or cool older brother, but only the more experienced soldiers could ever bridge the gap to actually know the man beneath the uniform. This wouldn’t be so difficult for Link to overcome if he wasn’t so quiet and very much so awkward, but despite his desire for companionship, his social skills aren’t half as trained as his swordplay.

Beneath the tunic and the chainmail and all the facades, Link is a very melancholy man who has seen death far too many times in his short life. Because of this he is hyper-attentive, anxious, and haunted at night by memories of the men and women he failed to save during his service. Rarely, on his worst days, something will remind him of a fight and he will start to dream while he is awake, forced to physically relive some of the worst points in his life again. He knows that it is a dream, and that it isn’t real, but it still weighs on him heavily every time that it happens. Link fears that he is slowly going crazy, but he refuses to speak to anyone about his problem; the first man that he tried to tell was an older soldier at the barracks, someone he trusted, and he was discreet about it. The man told him that most people who said they were dealing with that just used it as an excuse to get out of battle, and Link never brought it up again, deciding it was just a weakness of his own. He has been too scared to ask anyone else, and will lash out at someone if they imply something. Nothing is wrong with him, damn it!

Link has found many coping mechanisms for when the outside world is too difficult to deal with, varying in levels of success. He has a fondness for horses because of his lifelong companion, Epona, and caring for them is so routine it can bring his mind back to a simpler time when he was just a boy. He is also fascinated with the fine arts, like a song or the ability to play an instrument, and music is particularly effective at easing his frayed nerves on sleepless nights where he can do nothing but sit and remember. Link has also taken to reading more often, because there is nothing else he is allowed to do at night when he guards the library, but his reading skills are dusty, and he mostly reads the nonsensical tales of fairies and dragons where heroes always triumph. His last resort when nothing else is helping is to draw his sword and spar with something - a person or the air - until he cannot hold himself upright any longer, much less possess the brainpower to think about the past.

[spoiler=Biography:]

Link has been an orphan since before he could remember. He was raised by an elderly man named Rusl Harkinian, a retired blacksmith that had once run a respected business in Galtea, on the outskirts of the rural city of Nalbina. As a child Link didn’t have all that many friends, the nearest neighbor being nearly as old as the Earth itself (at least he guessed that’s how old they were), but he would often spend his afternoons helping them on their ranch and doing the tasks they couldn’t because of their age. It was on their ranch he met his lifelong companion, Epona, a horse he had been tasked with grooming and taking out to stretch her legs in the field. Link and Epona were a perfect match from the first time that they met; she was stubborn and unruly, but he was patient and calm. She was arrogant and full of wild pride, but he was humble and content. The couple that owned her would eventually gift her to Link as a “thank you” for his hard work on the ranch, and allowed him to keep her in their stables even after they had retired and their daughter, Ilia, ran the ranch.

His innocent life abruptly came to an end when he was just over his 16th year. Rusl was old and his body was frail, and the winter that year was especially devastating for the pair of them. When he succumbed to the sickness, Link rode to the main city despite the blizzard that rampaged outside to find a healer for his adoptive Father. He did not sleep until he had found one and returned to their home, but by the time he had, it was far too late. The healer did not have it within their capability to save Rusl, his body was not strong enough to fight the sickness off. He passed in his sleep with Link close by his side.

Many offered their condolences to the boy who was just barely a man, with promises to help him rebuild or gifts of food to keep him going through the winter season, but Link couldn’t bring himself to accept their offers. He felt like the place he had grown up was no longer his home, like he didn’t recognize it anymore; he was haunted by Rusl’s presence in the home. Link buried his Father on the property and brought the flame in Rusl’s forge to life one last time to craft a clumsy attempt at a marker. He carved his final words to his Father into the marker before he put it into the ground, and then Link left his home for the final time.

With Epona by his side Link wandered Galtea for a time, unsure of where to go or what to do with himself now that he had nowhere to call his home. His wandering eventually lead him past the Vinuvian Forest and to the Pontic and Galtea border, a place that ran red with blood from skirmishes, where soldiers were always stationed. Link still isn’t sure to this day what possessed him to do it, but looking over the border, something possessed him to join up with the Galtean military and defend his home. He found the barracks where most of the regiments lived and trained at when they were not patrolling, and he signed himself and Epona into the service.

Link was not the fastest recruit there, nor was he the strongest, or the most cunning, but he stood apart from most of the other recruits because of his skill with a sword and his work ethic. He would train long after all of the recruit had called it a day and retired to the barracks, and by the time he was officially stationed to a regiment, Link could duel two of his fellow soldiers to a standstill at once. He had many honors during his time at the Pontic-Galtea line, such as having the opportunity to befriend Catriona Nabudis, the crowned princess of the nation. She was probably his closest friend there (besides Epona), but that wasn’t saying much considering he didn’t have many.

His time in the military came to an end after five years of service, when Epona passed away. Link had known that it was coming; she was an old horse, and he had stopped taking her out for anymore than a slow walk months before she had passed away to ease the pain in her joints. It didn’t make it hurt any less when he lost her, though, and the soldier cried through most of the night with her head resting in his lap. Once again, Link was at a point in his life he felt like he no longer belonged where he was after the death of his loved one.  He was excused from the military in the coming weeks with top honors, and once again, Link began to wander, this time with no one to accompany him on his journey into the world.

Fate may have a different plan for him, though. Link has found himself in the city of Ithome, working as a guard for the massive libraries that are so treasured. He hasn’t been there for a long period of time, and as a group of arrives in the city seeking answers to stop a Goddess and a cure a curse, he may find himself back on the path of adventure once again. . .

Combat Information

Class: Mercenary

[spoiler=Stats:]

• HP - D
  • Str - C
  • Mag - C
  • Skl - B
  • Spd - C
  • Lck - E
  • Def - C
  • Res - C

Other Information

Link's Theme | Battle Theme

[spoiler=Inventory:]

Iron Blade:  Heavier and slightly longer than the standard Iron Sword. It's designed to be able to be wielded both one-handed and two-handed, but is uncommon because of the raw amount of strength required to wield in one hand without suffering severe penalties. Link was well known for his skill use of it at the border.

Soldier's Shield: The standard edition Iron Shield dispensed to soldiers in the Garou Regiment. The crest is actually two armored wolves howling, not what it displayed in the image. Link has done his best to bang all the dents out of it and refresh the paint, but it is weathered nonetheless. 

Adventurer’s Tunic: A green tunic that Link took to wearing after he resigned from the military. He generally dons his chainmail shirt underneath it, and a plain cotton shirt beneath that. He also wears a floppy green cap at nearly all times to contain his mop of hair, leather gloves, and boots.

Treasured Ocarina: A double-chamber ocarina that has been played so often the paint has been worn away where you rest your fingers. The metal band around the nose has these words engraved into it: "To LH, from RH. Happy birthday." It is the most expensive item that he has, though it doesn't look it after so many years.

[spoiler=Expanded Inventory]

Links_inventory.PNG

Miscellaneous Information:

• Link is left-handed, but can use his right hand sufficiently enough because of the training he went through to wield his shield.

Is there room for another magic user?

Well let's go check the roster!

If we assume Hakima makes it in, since his app is closest atm to that.

Three sword users

Two lance users

One axe user

One healer

One dark Magic user

One bow user

One anima magic and sword user

The only thing that we wouldn't allow atm is more sword users.

• 3 weeks later...

Warning for everyone besides the hosts, Skaia, Keto, and obviously Hakima

Post soon. Because it's been a long time. And some of you have been taking long/not posting a lot recently. We don't want to end up having to get rid of characters.

At this rate only Skaia and Keto would be permitted to make a second character once the page 5 milestone has been reached.

I know Sethera is also busy lately but we don't need to entirely stall. I can make decisions if need be and we can fix if it clashes with what is supposed to be.

I won't let this just die.

• 2 months later...

Archived