[OOC Thread] RWBY: A Fang's Mark (CLOSED/Reboot Coming Soon)

Fate of RWBY: A Fang's Mark  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should I try to reboot the RWBY RP, or just make it into a fanfic?

• Reboot
    • Fanfic

Iaiu4Nd.jpg
(Image Credit goes to Chaos Sonic)

Opening Theme Song: And We Run, by Within Temptation ft. Xzibit

Ending Theme Song: Breakdown, by Seether

Today begins just like any other day; Shade Academy opens its doors to a new assembly of 15-17-year-old applicants, who are to arrive via Bullhead into the academy itself. As the Bullhead sets off, some of the applicants engage themselves in a lively discussion about how they're looking forward to seeing their dreams of being Huntsmen and Huntresses finally becoming reality, whereas others using their scrolls to tell their families about their journeys, and others still are keeping entirely to themselves. But in the middle of the Bullhead's flight, all active scrolls on the plane receive a video message of a breaking news broadcast.

Here, the broadcast shows prisoners breaking out of the Vacuo Correctional Facility as Grimm charge inside, seemingly drawn to all the negative emotions that had been harbored by the inmates this whole time. Despite most of their numbers being preoccupied by the invading Grimm, some of the facility's guard are seen managing to capture the less fortunate of those that attempted to break free, but there are still 15 persons unaccounted for. The vast majority of which are known members of the White Fang, but one being of particular interest; a faunus by the name of Malachi Gallegos, who the warden openly hypothesizes may have orchestrated the entire breakout during an interview with the reporter that happens to be on scene. Malachi's face then appears on the top right corner of the window that projected the bulletin.

In an instant, the sudden broadcast is on everyone's minds, and becomes a massive topic of discussion for the rest of the flight. But one applicant in particular, a Skyler Gallegos, is willing to hear none of it, and tearfully separates herself from all the others so she can grieve in relative peace. By the time the poor Skyler finishes, the Bullhead that had been carrying the vast multitude of applicants finally begins its descent, signifying that it is close to its destination. Soon, the applications will be able to disembark from the Bullhead, and meet the faculty and some of the senior students of Shade Academy for the first time. From there, these first-years will likely be put through an initiation test similar to the one used at Beacon Academy, to determine whether or not they'd be ready to be taught what Shade Academy has to offer.

RULES

1. All YCM Rules apply, and that includes the Advanced Clause:

a. All IC posts require at least 4 lines of text, or roughly 100 words at standard formatting.

b. Posting in script format is forbidden.

c. Copy-pasting or “expying” characters without tailoring them to the new roleplay is forbidden.

d. You know the rest of the rules, so follow them

2. I have final say at all times. You be stubborn, and I be putting my foot down.

a. My co-host (once I hire one) will have second-to-final say at all times. Only I get to disobey him/her, the rest of you keep in line.

3. There's only one person you can get away with disrespecting without the slightest chance of being drop-kicked from the RP, and that's the person reading this rule right now.

a. In case you hadn't noticed, that would be you, so huh :P

4. Violence, offensive language and sexual material within the IC thread cannot exceed PG16 levels. And if you're making a post involving gore, keep it blunt and to the point. Saying that something exploded in one's face is fine, for example, but please refrain from going into details of how blood and flesh rained down on everyone or things like that.
5. Dedication to this RP is important. If I see a disturbing lack of posts, then I'll have a word with those of you who've yet to make a post. I may also have a word with you if you happen to be posting too quickly, as posting like wildfire makes it difficult for the less active posters to catch up on all the shenanigans that may have gone on since then.
6. Be sure to check out the Database (once it's complete, that is) for all the things you might need to know if you don't know your RWBY very well. In the mean time just watch the show itself, because it's good.
7. Finally, RPers may apply no more than four characters at any given time. Trust me on this one, I personally find even three chars enough of a task to keep track of. I just thought I'd allow for four so some of you can overexert if need be.

a. You may have a teacher or an alumni as one of your characters, but not until you've completed a student app already, and that app has been accepted by myself and/or my co-host. Note that they aren't exactly high priority right now.

b. Teams will be split into junior or senior teams, based entirely on the age of the first character that is applied for on each team. You may wish to discuss among yourselves if you want a team to be a junior or a senior team, but note that I will need two of the former and one of the later at the very least.

c. No two characters that are controlled by the same RPer are allowed to be in the same team under any circumstance. Remember that you can always ask someone who hasn't used up all four characters if they'd like to make a char for your team, but if they decline and have a good reason for it, please respect that and move on.

d. Since the last RWBY RP died because teams weren't being filled, I may fill all the teams automatically once I'm ready for the IC Thread to be opened, if I'm desperate enough. In such a case, all slots of a team that have not been occupied by an app, complete or otherwise, will be filled by an NPC character that will be based as my co-host or I see fit. On the off-chance that an NPC character has been constructed this way, he or she can be controlled by any RPer who has a character in that team, but only if the character in question would be in reasonable proximity to that NPC character.

8. Remember to have some well-regulated fun; the best kind ;)

a. Actually, watch this space for more rules if I decide we need them. I'm well within my rights as gamemaster to add a rule, with or without warning.

[spoiler=Database (under construction)]For those of you who don't know enough of RWBY, here's an info dump for all the things you'll need to know. Note that I'll be brief when describing these things, so if you'd like some more info about a certain something in particular, then you should either watch the show itself or check out the wikia; they're both good sources in their own rights.

In any case, things marked * are unique to this RP specifically.
[spoiler=Aura]Aura is the manifestation of one's soul, which can be used to defend oneself from even the most fatal of instances, as well as automatically heal any minor wounds they may have sustained during any form of combat. It is also used as a basis for a Semblance, but it must first be unlocked before one can even begin to explore what that Semblance might be or what exactly it's capable of. Auras can only be unlocked by oneself through training and willpower. However, someone who has had considerable training can unlock another person's aura for them if they feel so inclined, although this seems to take some form of toll on anyone who does this. 

Incidentally, aura levels on any individual person can be electronically measured and projected onto scrolls. This is extremely helpful for dueling tournaments, so that referee can keep a close eye on each combatant. Combatants are considered knocked out of a tournament when their aura falls to 15% of its original strength or weaker, since it's at this point that protection against fatal attacks is no longer guaranteed. However, concussive blows delivered at full strength are known to take out at least 20% of a stricken combatant's aura at a time, so it's advisable for all combatants to keep an eye on their aura levels; especially should they be faced against such an adversary.

[spoiler=Bullheads]Commonly used as a means of aerial transportation, the Bullhead is a VTOL tiltjet aircraft that uses jet engines with thrust vectoring in order to achieve both forward motion and vertical ascent and descent. Bullheads have been known to carry at least seven people as well as items up to the size of a 30-foot shipping container. However, Bullheads that have been designed specifically to carry passengers only, such as the one currently dropping the junior applicants off at Shade Academy, can haul up to 77 personal from one place to another in one fell swoop. This includes the two crew members needed to operate the Bullhead itself.

Bullheads are difficult to shoot down due to being well armored; this makes them ideal for traversing into dangerous territory. Some even have anti-personal and/or anti-aircraft weaponry. Such models are meant to be restricted to the military forces in Atlas, but the White Fang has been known to fly armed Bullheads as well.

[spoiler=Dust]Dust is a source of energy in Remnant that is incredibly useful for a variety of purposes, particularly in the weapons that Huntsman and Huntresses take into battle. The name "Dust" is implied to be a reference to the primordial state from which mankind was born, and as a natural resource, it is sometimes poetically referred to as "Nature's Wrath" or more prosaically as an energy propellant. Before they managed to discover and harness Dust through their resourcefulness and ingenuity, mankind was fighting a losing struggle with creatures of Grimm according to ancient legends. However, the advent of Dust became the turning point in the war, and it is now integrated into everyday life within Remnant. Despite its widespread use and prevalence in society, humanity has yet to understand the origins or the implications of their involvement with Dust.

Dust is known as a naturally occurring energy propellant triggered by the Aura of humans and faunus, and as such, one who is training to be a Hunstman or a Huntress must have unlocked his or her Aura before he or she can weaponize Dust. For unknown reasons, Dust does not function outside of the atmosphere of Remnant, precluding the possibility of space flight. What is known is that Dust exists in four basic types, which can be combined both artificially and naturally to form other types of Dust with their own unique properties. Different colors of Dust appear to correspond to their different natures or effects. The four basic colors are red, blue, yellow, and green, but other known colors include cyan, white, purple, bright orange and dark orange.

Each color has its own unique property; for example, green is known to correspond to Wind or Air. There is also Fire Dust, Water Dust, Lightning Dust, Ice Dust, Steam Dust, Gravity Dust and Earth Dust. Dust can be found in two distinct states, crystalline and powdered. Both of these states of Dust are known to be highly explosive; this is especially the case for the latter, since even something as innocuous as a sneeze is enough to detonate a cloud of powered Dust.

[spoiler=Faunus]Faunus are a race of humanoid people in the world of Remnant who possess physical animal traits, and share certain personal traits with the animals whose physical traits they possess, one such example being food preference. Some types of faunus are rarer than others, with although faunus with mammalian traits in general are known to be rather common. Some, have been shown to have animal ears in addition to their set of human ears. Although it can be logically assumed that such faunus can hear twice as well as a result, whether this is actually true is unknown. Other faunus have been shown to have horns protruding from their heads, or prehensile tails. In some cases, a faunus may have a physical trait that they've hidden to minimize the bullying and discrimination that the race is known to be burdened, or one that was not immediately apparent to begin with such as retractable claws. Faunus can only have a single physical trait in common with the animal that they're based, although they may have many personal or combat-applicable traits. For example, it has been stated that most faunus have remarkable night vision, a trait that they use to great effect in combat.

It should be noted that 100% of the White Fang's staff are faunus, since this is the race that is meant to solely benefit from their actions... as per their goal, anyway. A lot of faunus disagree with the organization's actions and motives and do not wish to be affiliated with them if they can avoid it, but they're still vulnerable to the mass-recruitment schemes nonetheless. This is even the case for faunus studying at Mirage Academy, although the fact that the White Fang has been targeting that academy in particular doesn't help. Thankfully, faunus studying at Beacon, Haven, Shade and Atlas Academies at their respective regions are completely protected from such tactics, and some who've been considerably wizened can have the mental strength to defy the White Fang entirely.

[spoiler=Goliath Rounds*]Over the years, despite all the accomplishments that Huntsmen and Huntresses have made, one beast in particular had always given them an enormous amount of trouble. It was the Goliath; an ancient, heavily armored creature of Grimm that takes the form of an African elephant, and is infamous for causing a high fatality rate... especially if provoked into combat. As such, Goliaths are considered to be the elite, and killing one of them can be seen as the ultimate test of one's abilities as a Huntsman or Huntress.

To help combat these behemoths, a new type of bullet was formed, and officially named as the Goliath Round. The bullet itself is an impressive 9kg (20lbs) of a highly condensed, dust infused metal alloy which is 18cm (7") in length. Their missile shape helps them soar through the air in a straight line with pinpoint accuracy. The shape also gives it massive penetration properties, able to cut through the thick armor and hide of a Goliath with few problems. It is also theorized that the Goliath Rounds can literally cleave through waves of lesser creatures of Grimm, and even fell some of the sturdier creatures such as Death Stalkers and Major Ursai in no more than two shots.

Despite the amazing penetrative properties, however, it is impractical to use the Goliath Rounds in any situation other than combating a Goliath in the flesh; hence the name. A lot of the issues in using these stems from their sheer amount of recoil, some minor inconsistencies and the cost and/or labor involved in forging weapons that can fire the rounds in the first place. The discharge that occurs when a Goliath Round is shot is so powerful that not only does it propel the person who shot it at least 1.2m (4') backwards, but the discharge itself has also been known to destroy weapons that had not been forged with handling such colossal bullets in mind. It should be noted that the vast majority of weapons that had been designed to fire Goliath Rounds have physical traits of a sniper rifle; something they share in common with weapons such as the Crescent Rose. One last thing to note is that even though these unique bullets are able to pierce the Goliath's armor, they still are not guaranteed to kill. In truth, at least 8 shots need to be made from the weapons themselves, and all of those shots made need to hit the perfect weak points in order to finally down the Goliath. To obtain this, one must be very knowledgeable on the known anatomy of said beasts; knowledge made harder to procure considering autopsies on Grimm cannot be conducted.

Regardless of its shortcomings, the Goliath Rounds are still one of the best offensive weapons available today when it comes to combating Goliaths, able to penetrate their massive armor and open up cracks for other Huntsmen and Huntresses to strike these behemoths down. Now its a matter of training Huntsmen and Huntresses how to use these rounds to maximum efficiency. Due to the sheer amount of training necessary, it is illegal for a student training at any of the four Huntsman Academies of Remnant, or any of the preliminary combat schools one attends that usually leads him/her to such an Academy for that matter, to fire a Goliath Round without strict supervision from a certified teacher of their respective Academy/combat school. Exceptions can only ever be made, by Atlasean law, for students in their final year studying at each of the four Huntsman Academies... and only those that have received certificates for their marksmanship.

[spoiler=Grimm]The creatures of Grimm are dark entities that, unlike animals, humans and faunus, are incapable of utilizing an Aura due to lacking a soul. They do, however, still have a signature of body heat, which can be tracked by specialized weapon modifications, certain software that can be installed into a scroll, or in Malachi, Lillianna or Skyler Gallegos' cases, even their Semblances. These creatures are the primary threat to humanity, and are drawn to emotions of negativity, such as envy, sadness, loneliness, hatred... among others. They come in all shapes and sizes, and are notable for growing considerably in size the longer they've lived. Speaking of living, Grimm are capable of living for hundreds, potentially thousands of years... assuming of course they haven't been slain in combat in the meantime.

At first, a creature of Grimm will attack the first human(s) or faunus that enters their line of sight, seeming to throw caution completely to the wind as they make their relentless attacks against humanity. However, older Grimm have learnt a sense of self-perseverance, going so far as to avoid unnecessary conflicts altogether, although their instinctual hostility towards human and faunus alike still remains. It is theorized that, instead of requiring a more mundane method of sustenance, the creatures of Grimm are able to survive just on negative emotions and the act of killing in itself, and if this is true, it would certainly explain why some have lived for such a vast period of time. However, the theory cannot be pursued since the Grimms' corporeal form vanishes completely on death, making autopsies of these creatures an impossibility. This also means that Huntsman or Huntresses that kill Grimm for sport cannot mount of stuff whatever it was they killed, so they'll have to do with making replicas instead.

All The Types of Grimm

Low-Tier Grimm
Boarbatusk
Regular Beowolf

Mid-Tier Grimm
Alpha Beowolf
Creep
Griffon
Minor Ursa

High-Tier Grimm
Death Stalker
King Taijitu
Major Ursa
Nevermore

Young Ground Dweller

God-Tier Grimm

Adult Ground Dweller

Goliath
Grimm Dragon

[spoiler=Huntsmen & Huntresses]Huntsmen and Huntresses are elite warriors dedicated to slay the creatures of Grimm and uphold the peace of their world. Following the Great War's conclusion on the island of Vytal, the occupation of Huntsman was created alongside the four Huntsman academies; Beacon, Haven, Shade and Atlas. These academies were charged to train the elite warriors whose role was to safeguard mankind's future. Every two years, Huntsmen and Huntresses from each of the four kingdoms gather to compete in the Vytal Festival combat tournament, in order to ensure that they always strive for excellence and never mediocrity.

Although the odd few prefer the simpler lives, most every civilian of the four kingdoms aspires to become a Huntsman or a Huntress, and the four Huntsman academies are staffed by those who've already transformed such a dream into a reality. At each of these academies, students must undergo a four-year program before they can graduate and become a full-fledged Huntsman or Huntress, where they'll learn exactly what they themselves are capable of as a combatant, what their Semblances and weapons are capable of, and of course, how they'd fare in written tests and such. Like in their respective preliminary combat schools, students will be graded for their efforts in training, as well as their performance during missions. As for why they'd go through with such training(?); the reasons are various. Some believe they have a legacy to uphold. Others seek the thrill of adventure. And others still aim to be a Huntsman or Huntress primarily so they can be bad-ass.

Incidentally, Huntsmen and Huntresses with silver eyes have a separate power that is not to be confused with their Semblance. This power is said to have come from a line of legendary warriors that were powerful enough to instill fear to even the strongest creatures of Grimm. Whether one can activate such a power on a whim or if a specific traumatic trigger such as death must come to pass is unknown, but there's no questioning that the power itself is able to freeze all manner of Grimm in space and time. There are also records of Hunstmen of Huntresses losing all memories of ever activating such a power, but it is theorized that the chance of such a case of amnesia diminishes among seasoned veterans. Unfortunately, such a theory has been established only through wishful thinking, and little is known about the power overall.

[spoiler=Mirage Academy*]Much like Signal Academy is to Beacon and Sanctum Academy is to Haven, Mirage Academy is the most common preliminary combat school that aspiring Huntsmen and Huntresses of Vacuo will go to before enrolling into Shade Academy, and Mirage Academy allows these aspiring Huntsmen and Huntresses to enroll at as young an age as 12 years. Unlike Signal and Sanctum, which toss in some theory into their classes, Mirage Academy is strictly about practice, as their staff believes that constant practice is the best way to bring out a student's talents. Levi Farrier, the headmaster of Mirage Academy, is single-handedly responsible for overseeing the safety of all those seeking tutelage inside this academy, and his previous military experience makes him adept at this task most of the time. Due to the short staff at hand, classes are known to have at least 60 pupils at any one instance; twice as many as would be present in any other preliminary combat school. The headmistress of Shade Academy had noticed this and, with Levi's permission, began scouting for exemplary young individuals of 15 or 16 years of age, who she'd give free admission to study at Shade Academy. This greatly alleviates the pressure on the scarce number of teachers working at Mirage Academy, especially if it means they're to be rid of the more... annoying students.

Unfortunately, its this same short staff that makes faunus students vulnerable to the mass-recruitment schemes that the White Fang employs. What makes it all the more worrisome is that the White Fang is fully aware of this vulnerability, sometimes even going so far as to target the school itself. Levi has lost some highly talented students to these foul recruitment schemes, and even to this day, he regrets being unable to save them. However, Levi is now somehow informed when exactly the White Fang recruitment schemes will be targeting Mirage Academy, and this allows him to save who he can. He's still fighting a somewhat losing battle nonetheless.

[spoiler=Ocelot*]

[spoiler=Remnant]Remnant is the high fantasy world that this RP takes place in. It has airships, gadgets, high-tech weaponry and a form of natural energy known Dust, all existing side by side. There are four kingdoms that occupy the world of Remnant. The one in the center is called Vale, whereas Vacuo lies to the west, Atlas to the north and Mistral to the east. Each of the four kingdoms have their own distinct culture - for example, Atlas is known for its militaristic nature and Vacuo for its rough-and-tumble lifestyle. Vytal is the name of the island to the north of Vale and to the south of Atlas, where student Huntsmen and Huntresses from the four kingdoms gather for the Vytal Festival. Other known landmasses include Menagerie, the continent at the bottom right of maps illustrating the entirety of Remnant. Five continents are known to exist in total, but they have not all been explicitly identified as of yet. The vast majority of the laws that the citizens of Remnant are expected to follow come from Atlas which, in exchange for being allowed to make such laws, has undoubtedly made the most technological advancements and shared them with the other Kingdoms.

In the world of Remnant, all living creatures possess a soul; the only exception being the creatures of darkness known as Grimm. The physical manifestation of such a soul is known as Aura: a form of innate energy that bestows its user with certain abilities and powers. Unique expressions of these abilities which are specific to individuals are known as Semblances. Remnant is populated by two intelligent species - humanity and Faunus, a race of human-animal hybrids.

The early history of Remnant has been long forgotten, with recollections passed down in the form of myths and legends. One such legend is the existence of the Maidens, holders of an immense power that is passed down from generation to generation. Another, more well-known legend states that mankind was born into a hostile world, forced to battle for survival against the soulless creatures of Grimm. However, man discovered a power that would help them combat the forces of darkness - man named their new weapon Dust, after that from which they were formed. Armed with Dust, described as "Nature's Wrath", mankind was able to turn the tide against the Grimm.

In the absence of darkness, mankind was able to build civilization and spread throughout the world. The mining of Dust would continue to be a major industry, leading to the rise of large enterprises such as the Schnee Dust Company. However, having survived the Grimm menace, humanity began to turn against itself, spiraling into a series of self-destructive conflicts. The largest of these was the Great War, fought over issues of individualism and self-expression. Conflict also arose between the humans and the subjugated Faunus, eventually sparking the Faunus Rights Revolution that ultimately gave birth to the White Fang.

In the modern day, most humans live within the four Kingdoms; Vale, Mistral, Atlas and Vacuo. Through a combination of human tenacity and the use of natural barriers, these settlements managed to survive and are regarded as "safe havens" and "beacons of hope" for humanity. However, small villages and nomadic communities do exist outside of the territories of the main kingdoms, though they are noted as being far more susceptible to Grimm attacks. This serves to emphasize that Remnant is not a particularly welcoming world to humans. Following the Great War, Huntsman Academies were created to train Huntsmen and Huntresses, warriors whose sole purpose was to combat the Grimm using a combination of powerful weapons, Aura, and Dust. In doing so, they protect those who cannot protect themselves from the dangers of Remnant.

[spoiler=Scrolls]The scroll is clearly more advanced, in some ways, than contemporary handheld devices. They are visibly nothing more than a translucent, touch-sensitive panel between two solid end grips; the interlocking design of these grips allows the unit to be collapsible, much like a scroll of paper. Each scroll has a yellow diamond-shaped button, which can be found in its center if the device is in its closed state. The user presses this button to unlock the two grips and deploy the screen whenever he or she needs to view something. This button also flashes when the scroll gives an audible alert, such as when a new message has been received.

Scrolls usually come in two different sizes. Small scrolls can deploy to be approximately the size of a smart phone, while large scrolls can deploy to be the size of a medium-sized tablet. The exact size of a scroll's screen can be adjusted by pulling the grips further apart or pushing them closer together. Scrolls can be opened horizontally or vertically, although the widely preferred orientation is horizontal for large scrolls and vertical for small scrolls. They can also come in different colors; as students have white scrolls while staff member have been seen with black scrolls. Scrolls can be set up to be standalone devices or mobile terminals for a larger, fixed computer network that serves all users in a specific area. The activity of scrolls set up in such a network may also be monitored by the network's administrator.

They are shown to have a range of sensory and interfacing functions, such as relaying information from surveillance devices in real time and monitoring the Aura levels of multiple people at once. Several icons at the top right of the display hint at Internet-style browsing functions, such as 'Home', 'Search', and 'Mail'. There are also 'folder' icons. The 'mail' function has been shown to access voice messages as well as displaying short text-only messages, similar to the real-world SMS system. Scrolls also seem to function as keys, methods of identification, mobile data storage devices, game controllers, video cameras and much more, and can be mounted onto other objects depending on the user's needs. The device can transmit and receive data both through a port on the bottom, as well as through direct contact, and is capable of recording and uploading live events for others to watch. Small wonder why it's rare for a citizen of Remnant to be without his or her scroll at any time.

[spoiler=Semblance]Semblance is the manifestation of one's innate and personal power as an ability unique to each individual, with the effects varying greatly from user to user. The nature of one's Semblance is noted as representing an aspect of their character. A person's Semblance may be similar to the Semblances of their parents or other family members, but there are most certainly gaps in mastery of the same type of Semblance; as such, a parent's Semblance is usually far superior to that of his or her off-spring. A Semblance that remains exactly the same between family members is something very rare indeed, and one that surpasses that of the previous generation is almost one of a kind.

As a Semblance seems a more tangible projection of one's Aura, with some referring to Semblance being "fueled" by Aura, it should be noted that one cannot discover what their Semblance is or what its capable of until they've unlocked their Aura. However, those that use Semblance are able to manipulate certain physical phenomena according to the nature of their power. For example, some individuals are able to use their Semblance to create "glyphs" that generate some desired effect - the most prominent being sudden disruptions in movement and bursts of momentum. Some are to move at incredible speeds, while others can manipulate magnetic forces, as further examples. There are many more Semblances that allow any individual to achieve one of a myriad of feats, and certain individuals can modify their Semblances with elements by using Dust.

Overuse of one's Semblance for prolonged periods may adversely affect its user at certain times. This is certainly the case for Semblances capable of emitting extreme bursts of power in a single instance, or those that can be triggered on and off but constantly use one's Aura as fuel when active. The only known exception is if one's Semblance provides a more passive bonus to their capabilities as a human being. Certain Semblances also can be situational, whether it's due to their limitations as a whole or due to a weakness that can be exploited during combat. Therefore, it is advisable to exercise caution when experimenting with a Semblance.

[spoiler=Shade Academy]Shade Academy is one of four Huntsman Academies that were founded to train devoted applicants into the very warriors that dedicate themselves towards slaying the dark creatures of Grimm as well as thwarting any plots that would upset the peace. This specific Huntsman Academy is situated in Vacuo, and aspiring Huntsmen and Huntresses enrol here often having come from the preliminary combat school known as Mirage Academy. It is also famous for being the only Huntsman Academy of the four not to have a known uniform. As such, students tend to wear whatever clothing they wish to inside the premises of the Academy, although the faculty frown upon seeing them wear damaged, dirtied, revealing or otherwise unprofessionally chosen items of clothing. Students from Shade Academy are encouraged to wear the tidiest clothing they have access to for the biannually occurring Vytal Festival, albeit they're still allowed to equip a casual attire for the event.

Irina Tsvyk, the headmistress of Shade Academy, is said to have ancestors who were once legendary warriors feared by all creatures of Grimm, and her silver eyes appear to be a testament this. With permission from the headmaster of Mirage Academy, Irina will arrive to said combat school to scout for exceptionally talented students. She is sometimes accompanied by a select senior team of students from Shade Academy, their mission practically being to serve as her bodyguards. Irina has a unique trait in which she can accurately judge a person's talent just by prolonged eye contact alone. Her eyes are also capable of hypnotic suggestion of sorts, which comes in handy against the more... delinquent students, into obeying her command. But whether it's her eyes alone or her vastly superior aura levels that's responsible for this feat is unknown.

[spoiler=The Scapolite Glades*]Despite being once revered as a fortuitous find among the desert region that the kingdom of Vacuo resides, the Scapolite Glades are now nothing more than a shell of their former glory, as stagnation and decay plagues their waters. Once in a while, the odd human or faunus may visit this place to remind themselves what the lakes previously represented, as well as what they've now become. The Scapolite Glades are also well known for being the grounds that the initiation test in which applicants for Shade Academy must undertake are set. But aside from these few cases, the only signs of life within these so-called "oases", or so they once were, are the coveted creatures of darkness known as the Grimm. More specifically, sightings range from Creeps and Griffons to Death Stalkers, King Taijitus and Nevermores, all in varying numbers. There is even the possibility of encountering an Adult Ground Dweller or two once in a while, as well as a nest of Young Ground Dwellers, somewhere within the Scapolite Glades as well. The Ground Dwellers are a particular annoyance to those tasked with thinning down the Grimm enough so that the initiation test can be handled for candidates applying into Shade Academy; especially considering the Adult Ground Dwellers are highly protective of their nests.

Rotting wood and lily pads can be found along the center and across the width of each of lakes that make up the Scapolite Glades, whose waters have taken on a tar black color due to its stagnation... in addition to a stench that is more than powerful enough to make one wonder how they were once drinkable from. The wood and lily pads are also found in random places around the lakes themselves, but they're found more prominently closer together along the center. Separating the lakes apart are 4 meter (13 foot) long strips of sand in between them, and there are seven of these lakes in total that, when combined, take the form of a trapezium. The lakes are known to be 12 meters (39 feet) deep at their deepest points, although they sink from roughly a 15o angle, and they are each 56 meters (184 feet) long. As a "finishing touch" of sorts, a thick fog is present which is enough to prevent vision of more than 25 meters (82 feet) at a time, and always happens to exist upon the days of initiation. It is likely that this fog is artificially simulated however, a theory that is supported keen eyes that had noted Steam Dust rising up from various places within the grounds of the Scapolite Glades themselves. If this theory is true, then it is due to underground Steam-Dust-pumping machines that the faculty have activated to prevent applicants from cheating, via selecting their friends and claiming that they were the first person they saw, and deactivated once the initiation test is over.

[spoiler=Vacuo Correctional Facility*]As the kingdom known for its rough-and-tumble lifestyle, it was only natural that Vacuo was the first kingdom to have built its very own prison, of which to send the more anarchic types. Often abbreviated to VCF by the residents of Vacuo, the Vacuo Correctional Facility is the place where citizens that had been successfully convicted of violations of the law are sent for a temporary or permanent stay; depending on the severity of the crimes they committed. Occupants are to relinquish everything on their person before they are assigned their cells; this even includes their Scroll upon first entering the facility itself, but the Scrolls will be returned to their owners after they'd been set up for the facility's network. This network is heavily monitored by the VCF warden and a select team of administrators, and some of the Scrolls functions are restricted or outright disabled in order to ensure their users don't try to use them as a means of escape from the facility itself.

Due to the VCF's detainees harboring all sorts of negative emotions for the creatures of Grimm to be drawn to, the Vacuo Correctional Facility is situated considerably far to the east of the kingdom itself. This prevents stray Grimm from wandering into the kingdom of Vacuo itself and endangering its citizens. The VCF has 5 different blocks in the center and in each corner of the facility itself. The block on the upper left corner contains male humans, the upper right contains female humans, the lower left contains male faunus and the lower right contains female faunus, and these are all kept separated from each other in an attempt to keep tensions between the mixture to a minimum while one is serving his or her time at the VCF. The center block, however, contains people from either race or gender. Usually this center block is reserved for those that the court of law had sentenced to death, but inmates from any of the four other blocks can be transferred there for aggravating a guard or the warden himself, assaulting anyone within the prison whether that be a staff, a visitor or another inmate, causing an uproar of some kind or any other offense.

Although there are rules that're supposed to be followed all across the VCF, there are no guards around to enforce these rules to the detainees in the center block. The guards also won't be there to ensure the detainees have food or water; those sources they'll have to find themselves, and fights can break out over these sources as a result. Also, during a Grimm invasion, only the center block will remain above ground, whereas the rest of the facility can be elevated above or below ground at any time to prevent any damage that the walls will inevitably sustain from reaching a point that would allow prisoners to escape. It is believed that the inmates from the center block are sacrificed to the creatures of Grimm that would otherwise attack the facility itself, though some have proven capable of fighting back using their aura and Semblances alone. Inmates from the blocks that have descended underground are disallowed to resurface manually in case they get any bright ideas, but are able to watch the action above by using their Scrolls if they so wish... and believe they have the stomachs for it. If there are still creatures of Grimm roaming around and no longer anyone alive up above, the guards will resurface manually first so they can finish these creatures off, before raising the rest of the facility.

[spoiler=Vytal Festival]The Vytal Festival is an international festival in Remnant that is held once every two years. This is where the various cultures of the world are celebrated with dances, parades and most prominently, a combat tournament in which students from the numerous Huntsmen Academies compete and aim to win so they can do the kingdom proud. The duty of hosting the festival rotates every two years between Vale, Vacuo, Mistral and Atlas, with the hosting kingdom opening its borders to visitors from all the other kingdoms. The Festival has a unique symbol, fittingly consisting of a combination of all four kingdom's emblems in order to signify unity.

The Vytal Festival is thought of to be of significant importance and prestige, as it was inaugurated following the end of the Great War, a destructive conflict taking place eighty years before the events of the series. The war was fought between the four kingdoms over questions of individuality and self-expression. Named after Vytal, a small island north of Vale where the treaty was signed, the Vytal Festival was created with the purpose of celebrating the diversity of the cultures of Remnant.

The setting for the combat tournament is Amity Colosseum, a large floating stadium surrounded by spectator stands. As the Festival grew in scope and size, the stadium is built collaboratively from the resources and contributions of the four Kingdoms, and is capable of travelling across Remnant to each of the four Kingdoms, typically heading to the specific Kingdom hosting the tournament. Transport aircraft can be seen bringing spectators and contestants to and from the floating stadium.

The fighting itself takes place in a large octagonal arena. The arena is capable of changing its environment into several different "biomes", including but not limited to grasslands, forest, fire and ice, geyser fields, stormy mountains, a desert, and even an ocean and beach with a wooden ship. The arena also has artificial weather effects, such as thunderstorms and an artificial sun. The central part remains the same regardless of the biome. A force field protects the spectators from stray shots made by contestants that miss their mark, though it may be put to its limit when protecting these spectators from powerful weapon shots and/or Semblances.

During the team round, the arena is split evenly into two biomes, which are chosen randomly at the beginning of every fight for each half of the arena. During the doubles round, four biomes are chosen each fight. In some biomes, Dust crystals are also scattered around the arena for combatants to use. The singles rounds take place only in the central part of the arena, with the outer quadrants being out-of-bounds. The finals also tend to take place at night or evening, in contrast to the preceding rounds which tend to take place during the day. There are three rounds in the tournament, the first being a 4 on 4 team round. The winners of the team round may select two of their team to fight in the 2 on 2 doubles round, the victors of which may choose one representative to fight in the final 1 on 1 round. The remaining combatants will fight through a final round to prove a victor. There are no specific brackets for age or schooling, as the only thing that is put to the test in the tournament is skill. However, senior teams of each kingdom's Huntsman Academy students are known to steal the spotlight nonetheless, due to their heightened levels of combat expertise.

Contenders are knocked out of the battle by falling below an Aura threshold, which is usually 15% of its maximum potency, or by moving outside of the fighting arena, whether that is the result of being knocked back by an attack or otherwise. In some cases, both criteria for a contestant to be knocked out have been achieved at the same time. Aura monitors are able to measure the aura of competitors as numerical values, which are made visible to spectators and competitors.

[spoiler=White Fang]

[spoiler=Application Field]Fields marked * are optional. Please remove all parentheses

Headshot pic goes here*
Quote goes here*
Personal Information:
Name:
Age: 15+ (Note that students in junior teams will generally be 15-17, whereas students in senior teams will be 18-20)
Reference: (All characters tend to be a reference to something. Using Team RWBY as an example, Ruby's is Little Red Riding Hood, Weiss' is Snow White, Blake's is Beauty and the Beast and Yang's is Goldilocks and the Three Bears)
Team:
Appearance: (Spoiler plz. I expect at least 4 lines of text, including height and weight. You may add a picture in addition to (not in place of, ya lazy sods) your paragraph of text, but if not, I'd advise increasing the number of lines to 8)
Personality: (Spoiler plz. 8 lines for this one; this should be enough to stop your characters from essentially being bricks)
Biography: (Spoiler plz. 8 lines should be your goal here too. It doesn't matter if your bio is shorter than your personality, especially if that's something you certainly haven't skimped on.)
Combat Information
Weapon Name: (Try to be creative, OK?)
Weapon Description: (Spoiler plz. As with the appearance field above, I expect anywhere between 4 to 8 lines, although since this is your weapon we're talking about, the more the merrier. Most weapons in RWBY are a fusion between a melee weapon and a gun. Creativity is highly encouraged, but try not to come up with anything OP'ed.)
Semblance: (Spoiler plz. As with the weapon, stay away from anything OP'ed if that is at all possible for you. 4 to 8 lines would be nice; again, the more the merrier, but if this is undercut slightly, I may let it slide if I have a rough idea of what the semblance is capable of (this includes any limitations the character had discovered during his/her use of it)
Miscellaneous Information*
(Add anything you personally deem necessary here)

[spoiler=Current Teams][spoiler=Junior Teams][spoiler=CYJL]Pronunciation: si-jil
General Reference: Salem Witch Trials
Team Members:
Carmilla Ecsed
Yubaba Titanya
Jillian McCray
Lectrie Honeydew (NPC)

[spoiler=SRUZ]Pronunciation: sawr-uh-s
General Reference: Dinosaurs
Team Members:
Skyler Gallegos
Reiner Rex
Uekleva Gill (under construction)
Zachariah Cerule (NPC)

[spoiler=FARE]Pronunciation: fair
General Reference: Fairy Tales
Team Members:
Fay Reine
Ariana Bradford
Rohin Bane
Eton Shepherd

[spoiler=Senior Teams][spoiler=CMLT]Pronunciation: kam-uh-lot
General Reference: Arthurian Legends
Team Members:
Caliburn Artorigus
Mary Rowena Lockwood
Lazuli Galahad
Tamsyn Morgause

[spoiler=GINX]Pronunciation: gahy-naks

General Reference: Gainax-made Anime

Team Members:

G

Isabella Fortesque (under construction)

N

X

[spoiler=NPC's]Due to slots still needing to be filled, I've brained up a couple of NPCs specifically designed to fill the voids... if only so we can get the IC Thread up and running. They can be controlled by any player who has a character within that same team, but only if the character that player controls is within close proximity to the NPC in question. When controlling an NPC, try to keep what I've set their base personalities and quirks to be in mind (they will be watered down though, but hopefully there'll still be enough substance for you to work off of). In any case, they will be ready before the IC Thread pops up.

[spoiler=Lectrie Honeydew]Name: Lectrie Honeydew

Race: Human

Height: 173cm (5' 8")

Weight: 61kg (134lbs)

BWH Ratio: 18-17-18(in)/46-43-46(cm)

Reference: Abigail Williams

Team: CYJL

Weapon: Doom Spire: A long quarterstaff that widens and hollows out when initiating its gun form. In this form, the quarterstaff is able to be used as a rocket launcher of sorts. Of course, it has poor accuracy in this form as one would expect, though the rockets are shot quickly enough and provide a decent explosion.

Semblance: Lectrie can form purple globules of energy from her hands and feet, and launch them at her enemies with punches or kicks respectively. These globules poison enemies on contact, and the more of them of that connect upon the same enemy, the longer the resulting poison lasts. Unfortunately, they're about as accurate as the Doom Spire's long-ranged attacks, and if she's not careful, Lectrie can inadvertently inflict a teammate with this poison.

Tidbits on Behavior:

• Proud, boastful and arrogant to an extent
  • Vulnerable to epileptic seizures, and becomes furious when Jillian triggers such a thing out of personal boredom
  • Always has a bowl of cereal for breakfast, and especially loves the sweetened ones
  • Known to throw fits of jealousy when a teammate kills a Grimm that she believes she had covered
  • Not at all hesitant to throw others under the bus should her team fail a mission

[spoiler=Zachariah Cerule]Name: Zachariah Cerule

Race: Faunus - Rhinoceros

Height: 198cm (6' 6")

Weight: 93kg (205lbs)
Reference: Triceratops

Team: SRUZ

Weapon: Ghostwalker & Savage Defender: Ghostwalker is a small trident that Zachariah uses in one hand, that is capable of transforming into a sub-machine gun when he's in need of range. The Savage Defender is a tower shield covered in spikes, useful for damaging anyone whose attacks it manages to block.

Semblance: Zachariah can overcharge his Aura while his body is travelling at running speed or greater and, while it's overcharged, it will knock back anything that comes into contact with it. If he's falling from a great height, he can also overcharge his Aura to prevent all physical damage he'd take from that fall once he hits the ground, as well as send a large shock-wave across the area and make a crater of sorts. However, Zachariah's Aura gets worn down at a much faster rate than that of other Huntsmen and Huntresses while it's overcharged. If he'd taken no damage for 10 seconds, however, Zachariah's Aura may shoot back up to the threshold it was at before he overcharged it.

Tidbits on Behavior:

• Hot-blooded, stubborn and has a somewhat violent temperament
  • More often than not butts heads with Reiner Rex... occasionally over the simplest things too
  • Intimidates Skyler whenever he approaches her. He most often tends to do this when he's pissed off with Skyler specifically
  • Parents are both full-fledged members of the White Fang. Zachariah fears that standing up to the organisation may very well mean he risks having to combat one or both of them one day, and is not sure how he feels about such an inevitability
  • Gets riled up whenever the White Fang is reported to have committed a crime, but then blames humanity for such an event. His reason for this is because had humans not disrespected the Faunus to begin with, then the White Fang wouldn't have existed, and all the chaos they caused in their wake would never come to pass.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Skyler Gallegos, Daughter of an Infamous Criminal Mastermind]

4PPP8Wl.png
"Oh, no. What the hell have I gotten myself into?"
Personal Information:
Name: Skyler Gallegos
Race: Faunus - Snake

Reference: Herrerasaurus
[spoiler=Appearance:]From the top of her scalp to the tip of her tail, Skyler's full body length measures out to be a massive 216cm (7' 1") long. However, she only seems to stand at a much less impressive 165cm (5' 5") tall, and she weighs 63kg (139lbs) all up. While not impressive, Skyler does sport a good figure, with a BWH ratio of 23-20-20 if measured in inches and 58-51-51 if measured in centimeters. Although it may not look it on the surface, Skyler has a vast array of scars all over her body. Only one of these scars, specifically the one below her left eye, is covered up by a bandage; one more can be found on the back of her left hand and another along her right wrist, but the rest are all covered up by her clothing. This consists of a black jacket with yellow insides and stripes, a burgundy tube top and a long blue skirt that falls low enough to cover the entirety of her tail, although not so low that she risks tripping over it. Skyler has a gas mask around her neck, in case she has an urgency to hide her face.

sample_33919a1354829191c6ca4855dc4bb764d

[spoiler=Personality:]On the contrary to what one would believe the leader of any team (let alone the leader of Team SRUZ) to be, Skyler is a shy, timid and very submissive individual, who makes up for her lack of confidence and self-esteem... with a severe dose of paranoia and distrust around complete strangers, as well as a slight fear of crowds. The unfortunate thing is that she has the makings of a coward, and this is especially evident when any of her teammates get into a fight or when someone is after her. This isn't helped by Skyler's first instinct during each battle being to go hide, which seems to take priority even before she makes an attempt to command her team. Speaking of "team", Team SRUZ is somewhat of an unruly and anarchistic lot, and while they seem to be in agreement that Skyler is a shoddy leader, what they most definitely can't agree on is who should've taken her place. Skyler too doubts that she can be a competent leader, and insists that her Semblance and abilities are nothing special in the slightest.

While her grades for Mirage Academy had always been passable, Skyler has never truly excelled in her training to become a Huntress. A lot of that has to do with her naturally defeatist manner; when she witnesses a Team SRUZ member perform better in a mission than she has, Skyler automatically assumes that she herself had failed and is quick to do so. Skyler is also concerned that, should she unleash her full potential, she may lose control of herself out of blood-lust, and hurt innocent people as a result if not her own teammates. However, if there's any one thing at all that Skyler can do better than most, it's self-preservation. She can keep herself completely out of harm's way whilst her teammates do most of the tanking of Grimm or opposing Huntsman attacks, and although she loses out on chances to kill, she can still use her Semblance to detect hostiles and warn her teammates accordingly. But should any of her friends or teammates be in grave danger, Skyler may finally grow the stones necessary to go all in on her attempt to save them. This out-of-character act maybe enough for Skyler to gain some respect, even if it doesn't last. All in all, Skyler just wants to have a safe haven where she can have some friends and some fun, just like any other 16-year-old girl would want... yet her upbringing prevents her from thinking this is even possible for her.

Skyler doesn't like to talk about her past, and won't confide in anyone out of fear that it might bite her in the ass. She wishes she can open up more, but rarely does so for the exact same reason as why she won't confide in anyone. Unfortunately it's gotten to the point where she feels more comfortable lying straight to the faces of those that she's meant to trust than spilling the beans and telling the truth about herself; this is especially the case when she's desperate for a topic that she has personal issues with to be dropped. However, whether she realizes it or not, something about this gigantic facade that Skyler's putting on has to give...

[spoiler=Biography:]Skyler Gallegos grew up with an older sister named Lillianna Gallegos and a single father named Malachi Gallegos, a man who'd later be infamously portrayed on news across the four kingdoms of Renmant. Of course, Malachi was hoping for a son, but considering the way he decided he'd "spray his seed", he doubted that he could conceive more than two children without troubles from the authorities... and unfortunately for him, probability wasn't on his side. As she was the last child born from Malachi impregnating another woman, Skyler felt as though she already failed her father, but she still wanted to try and prove her worth. Well... at least she thought she did.

As his two daughters grew up, Malachi put Skyler and Lillianna through a series of cruel tests; the first of which would supposedly test their will of self-sacrifice, as well as determine their pain threshold to some extent. Lillianna ended up gouging out both her eyes through this test, whereas Skyler had cut herself multiple times. The only good thing that came out of this accursed test was that Malachi allowed the two sisters to keep the weapons that they used to almost kill themselves with. However, the second and third tests combined were even worse. For the second test, Malachi presented two boxes with ring targets slightly above the center of them, which had both been sealed shut. He told them that there was something inside these boxes and tasked them to kill whatever it was that was inside; but what he didn't tell them was that each box contained an innocent woman that had been kidnapped, drugged and placed inside to rest. And as if the sudden revelation of this wasn't enough, Malachi revealed two more women that he kidnapped, this time of who were bound to a pole and able to do naught but scream bloody murder and try to plead the trio into letting them go.

Rather than listening their pleas, Malachi tasked Skyler and Lillianna into killing these two women in addition to the two they killed unbeknownst to them, and to make it easier for them to pass this third test, he cropped up an imaginary scenario in which the two sisters were leaders of their own team, and the two women, who were supposedly in that team, had betrayed the others and left their love interests and most formidable allies to be slain by the Creatures of Grimm. This seemed to work fine for Lillianna, who beheaded her target with little effort, but Skyler still couldn't bring herself to kill the other woman that Malachi had captured, and as a result, found herself conflicted between failing her own father... again she thought, or throw her conscience to the wind and potentially overwhelm herself with guilt. Tears streamed down Skyler's face as she was steering at the impossible, but after turning up the music that was playing through her scroll to its maximum volume so she wouldn't have to hear the poor woman's screams of suffering, Skyler through one of the many Mulligan Incisors at the woman's chest, the explosion putting the woman out of her misery.

That was the among the last of all the horrendous deeds that Skyler had to perform under Malachi's tutelage, as the latter was arrested by police after long and tiresome chase, and brought into court and tried for his actions. Malachi was originally charged with 6 counts of kidnapping and 6 of murder, until Skyler pleaded with the judge to letting her father go, confessing to 2 of the murders that he'd been charged with in the process. Lillianna, reluctantly, also confessed to 2 murders. However, the remaining 2 counts of murder, as well as the original 6 counts of kidnapping, were still more than enough for the judge to sentence Malachi with life in the Vacuo Correctional Facility without the possibility of parole. Had these figures not been altered, they would've actually been enough to sentence Malachi to death, but Skyler's desperate plea had moved the judge into revising these figures. Unfortunately for her, it wasn't enough, and she was left brokenhearted and without a father. Even to this day, this tragedy seems to have taken a grave toll on her confidence levels, but her hand was forced into moving on nonetheless.

Lillianna had been looking after Skyler and acted as her guardian for a time, as she was the only blood relative that could be at her side whenever she needed to be. She had gotten an invitation to attend Sanctum Academy which was all the way in Mistral, but she refused to go; not until Skyler would be in the care of capable hands. Thankfully, Lillianna managed to procure a face-to-face meeting with Levi Farrier, the headmaster of Mirage Academy within her home kingdom of Vacuo. This concluded in Levi personally enlisting Skyler into the academy itself. Within Mirage Academy, Skyler's grades proved to be passable, but a sudden influx of other students being scouted to join Shade Academy's ranks in place of her had her believing otherwise. Skyler asked Levi about this sudden influx, causing the latter to breath a heavy sigh before answering.

It turned out that Levi had been sending reviews of the higher talented students' grades to the headmistress of Shade Academy herself, as he had personally been informed that the White Fang had intended to perform a mass-recruitment that would specifically target the faunus students of Mirage Academy. He explained that this way, he could at least prevent the talents of those with exceptional promise from falling into the wrong hands, and that he sent reviews of some humans' grades as well as those of the faunus that he believed were too valuable to lose for... equality purposes. As he was explaining this, Skyler realized that she was vulnerable to the mass-recruitment as well, and begged Levi to send hers too, but he insisted that she wasn't ready. A heated argument ensued between the two, before Levi ordered Skyler to get out of the headmaster's office. On the way out, however, Skyler stealthily slipped out an application form while Levi busied himself with paperwork and took it with her, figuring that if he couldn't save her, then she'd have to save herself. So she filled it out, falsifying key fields that would prevent her from being accepted if she were to write them in an honest manner, and trying her best to keep her writing steady so it wouldn't raise any red flags. Skyler couldn't believe her luck that her lies were enough to get her through to Shade Academy, but unfortunately for her, this would end up being her biggest regret she ever had.

Combat Information
Weapon Name: Mulligan Incisors
[spoiler=Weapon Description:]On the surface, the Mulligan Incisors appear to just be any old ordinary kunai. However, there is a pin that can be pulled from the ring at the bottom of the handle. Once this is done, the blade of a Mulligan Incisor will sound a series of three beeps, one per second, before it explodes and sends shrapnel flying everywhere on the fourth. Skyler has developed a unique way of throwing the Mulligan Incisors, where she'd throw them similarly to the average kunai, but maintain grip on the rings instead of letting go of them entirely. The blade and handle of the Mulligan Incisors are still propelled forward without any noticeable drop in speed, and this provides enough momentum for the pins to be pulled right at the start of the throw. This way, Skyler doesn't have to do two separate motions or worry about throwing an unwieldy Incisor.

[spoiler=Semblance:]Using her semblance, Skyler is able to detect signatures of body heat from any being within a 360o radius of her position. There is no known limit to the number of heat signatures that Skyler can detect at any time, as long as they're at a range that would put them in her line of vision once she turns around. This may sound like a great boon to Skyler, but from a psychological standpoint it's a double-edged sword; especially considering the fact that she's prone to paranoia. Thankfully, Skyler is able to differentiate one heat signature from another while the bodies themselves are far enough apart. She can even tell which heat signature belongs to who if it belongs to someone she's familiar with, as well as what type of Grimm is there if it belongs to one. In a crowd, however, all the heat signatures present would just become a gargantuan blur to her. Skyler also has trouble keeping up with fast-moving enemies, whether they're in her natural vision or they were detected by her Semblance.

There's one more thing about Skyler's Semblance that one should know; if it detects a Grimm of immense power, such as a Goliath or an Adult Ground Dweller, Skyler will suffer a severe mental trauma that assaults all her nerves at once. She can disable her Semblance just like any other Semblance can be disabled in order to prevent the trauma from inflicting any (more) damage to the rest of her brain, but if the Grimm she's fighting against happens to be highly evasive as well, then she will effectively be fighting it almost blind, and if she keeps the Semblance active for too long, her mind will deteriorate just with the creature's presence alone. If Team SRUZ ever finds itself facing off against a Grimm of immense power, then Skyler will have to adjust between disabling and re-enabling her Semblance, and learn to fight through the pain that her mental trauma will no doubt inflict. That is the only way that Skyler can make the most of her Semblance despite the severe setback.

Miscellaneous Information
Main Theme Song: Sweet Sacrifice, by Evanescence
Battle Theme Song: Parasite Eve I OST: U.B.
Ideal Voice Actresses: Edie Mirman (En)/Yuka Tokumitsu (Jp)

[spoiler=Jillian McCray, the Highly Excitable Dust Mistress]

iYstUTj.png
"OooooooOOOOOOOh, this should be fun fun fun!"
Personal Information:
Name: Jillian McCray

Reference: Mary Bradbury
Team: CYJL
[spoiler=Appearance:]Due to her youth, Jillian only stands at 157cm (5' 2") tall and only weighs 52kg (114lbs). She does sport a decent figure though, with a BWH ratio of 25-21-25 if measured in inches and 64-53-64 if measured in centimeters. She is notable for her dark skin, pale blonde hair that falls all the way to her thighs, three rings on her right hand (none of which, ironically, are worn on the ring finger), a singular bright orange eye and a plethora of bandages across the upper left side of her face. These bandages cover up a sight that is not for the squeamish, as all that's left of Jillian's left eye is the inner lining of the socket that it would fit into. Although the witch hat that Jillian likes to wear is not much taller than what one would expect, it is in fact so wide that Jillian has no choice but to take it off and slide it through any single doors that she wishes to pass through, since she otherwise can't fit through them. She doesn't have to do this when passing through double doors though... if such doors can be opened to the fullest.

dbf256ebb2c0e6ecdf5accff5e4d8db17b6176c2

[spoiler=Personality:]Instances of Jillian not being seen with a smile on her face are very rare indeed, as there isn't a helluva lot that can knock her down off her high horse of happiness. And even if something does in fact bring her down, getting Jillian to light back up again is hardly something one can call a task, as she is easily excited, and her bubbly, bouncy and passionate nature tends to rub off on everyone around her... for the most part. Jillian has so much energy about her too; even going for more than 40 hours without sleep isn't enough to wear her down. Unfortunately, Jillian's brain undermines this abundance of stamina with poor focus, as she often finds herself distracted by pretty much any kind of movement that she witnesses during class, whether she cause the distraction herself or otherwise. This tendency doesn't occur all that often during the practical classes as she's able to keep herself busy, although the only reason why Jillian's grades were so high at Mirage Academy is because the preliminary combat school in question consists only of practical classes. During theory classes though, Jillian is extremely vulnerable to boredom and, if nothing happens for an extended period of time, may get up to mischief and end up performing a prank on an unsuspecting classmate. She'll even taken advantage of Carmilla's inability to stay awake during the day, drawing mustaches, eye ringlets and much more on her face as she sleeps. The worrying thing is that she forgets she shouldn't do these things.

While she may act like a petulant child in class, Jillian will immediately adopt a more... mature demeanor in the midst of battle, especially when things start to heat up and get serious, and proves to be Team CYJL's main powerhouse. She'll always be on the lookout for Boarbatusks specifically when battling the creatures of Grimm, and will target any that she finds so she can transport them into another dimension with the aid of her Semblance before helping out with any other Grimm that the rest of the team haven't yet dealt with. Speaking of Semblances, since she tends to only use her own once per battle (or perhaps twice in the case of a severely exhausting one), Jillian minds the least being affected by Yubaba's Semblance, and may even ask for her to "hit her up" in a situation where not even her storms can save her on their own. Due to Carmilla's request, Team CYJL performs the vast majority of the missions they're given at dusk, if not all of them. From a personal standpoint, Jillian doesn't mind this at all; in truth, she finds the open sky to be more beautiful at night than it is during the day, with what the vast multitude of stars that may line it at any time. She may even go outside on a starry night if she can't sleep, which is often the case due to a bad case of insomnia that she has, just to see the stars twinkle in the far yonder.

Speaking of sleep, Jillian's body seems to at a constant unrest, and it may twitch on her if the majority it remains still for too long. These twitches won't be enough to wake her if she's sleeping, but the longer she physically tries to keep or is kept still, the bigger the movements that the twitching body parts end up making. And even while she's trying to sleep, her body may force itself awake for no apparent reason at all, and not even in a gradual sense but all of a sudden. It's a huge wonder how she has enough energy to go through a day despite the severe lack of sleep; and that's assuming she gets any at all, and she's been known to go without sleep for days at a time. However, one should be thankful that this has never affected her mood... or her grades as a matter of fact.

[spoiler=Biography:]Jillian McCray grew up relatively normally, with a caring mother and father just like most others. There was nothing wrong with the way Jillian was raised, but the constant twitches she had as a little girl and still suffers from to this day may have been, albeit unlikely, due to her mother's belly being poked multiple times during pregnancy, as innocent as this may have been portrayed at the time. Nothing really eventful happened in Jillian's life for quite some time, and certainly nothing that would be classed as traumatic... until one faithful day when she was about 10 years old, and her curiosity had taken her in a Dust shop. She was browsing through the different types of Dust, amazed at all the colors there were, and she was eyeing up a small amount of powdered Gravity Dust that she'd place on her hand when all of a sudden, she acquired an allergic reaction to something inside the shop and sneezed. This was enough to detonate the Gravity Dust in her hand, and as a result of this, a miniature black hole of sorts had formed in front of her face, catching her eye. Unfortunately, it caught her left eye in a literal sense as well as a figurative sense, devouring her eyelashes and eyelids, then ripping the eye out from its socket and damaging the eye socket itself before it dissipated. Needless to say, Jillian was hospitalized for her misfortune.

Next thing she knew, Jillian had bandages covering the upper left side of her face, and she was lying on a bed in a patient's robe. She remembered seeing her parents at her side, and hugging them as gratitude for visiting her. She remembered unwrapping the bandages around her head in hopes that her eye had fully healed an in excitement for such an event to have come to pass, only to let out a blood-curdling scream as she realized that, although the eye socket had recovered from the damage it sustained from that fateful event, the eye itself had completely... vanished, from existence altogether. But for the life of her, Jillian could never remember the very event transpiring, and had been losing sleep over this sudden case of amnesia. It wasn't until 2 years later during a class at Mirage Academy, where a female instructor was teaching her class all about Dust, that an epiphany finally hit Jillian. The instructor was purposely detonating all types of powered Dust that was placed on dummy hands in order to demonstrate what would happen if the Dust was mishandled, and it was during the sight of the Gravity Dust working its magic that caused Jillian to remember the tragic events that happened in that Dust shop a couple years back. Jillian considered vowing never to try and use Gravity Dust again, but the black hole that had formed when such Dust had detonated was too alluring to ignore. So instead, Jillian voluntarily stayed after class, only to ask this same instructor to help her re-create this black hole in a safe manner. 

The instructor herself could be described best as kind of a nut-job. Well... she at least acted the part, but she was a favored teacher among the students nonetheless, and was especially a favorite for Jillian. It was through this instructor's guidance that Jillian managed to master Water and Lightning Dust, and as a reward for performing so well under her tutelage, the instructor personally made an order for a new weapon to be forged from Signal Academy. This was the Crested Vaporizer, and it was delivered to Jillian's door approximately 36 hours after it had been forged. Jillian's grades skyrocketed the following two years; so much so that at the final year that she would spend at Mirage Academy, Jillian's prowess had earned her a personal visit from Irina Tsvyk, the headmistress of Shade Academy. Irina realized that she had scouted Jillian prematurely during an interview that she had with the aspiring young lady, when she announced that she was only 14 years of age at the time. However, there was a day yet where Jillian would discover the chance to study at Shade Academy the following year after all, and that day came sooner than expected.

Incidentally, Jillian chanced upon a heated argument coming from the headmaster's office; which sounded to be between two people. There was a gruff male voice, which Jillian immediately identified belonged to Levi Farrier, the headmaster of Mirage Academy, and there was a female voice that sounded more pleading than anything; certainly not the type from one that wanted anything to do with an argument, never mind starting one. Sure enough, the argument drew to a close just as Jillian got herself in earshot of it, and she saw a girl come out of the office with something clutched closely to her chest. The girl may not have initially been in any hurry, but she was quick to turn and run when Jillian waved at her in an attempt to get her attention. Wondering what that was all about, Jillian shrugged her shoulders and knocked on the door to the office, asking Levi if she could come in. She specifically wanted to know what Levi was arguing with the girl who exited his office about, but although he dismissed it as nothing important, he had a furrowing of the brow that suggested otherwise, seeming to be in deep thought. Then, right out of the blue, Levi asked Jillian for her birthday. He mentioned that it had never occurred to him, but in truth he was hoping that it would fall at an earlier date than when the Bullhead that would pick up Shade Academy applicants for next year was originally scheduled to arrive so that he'd have a reason to request changing it. Once this was realized, Levi immediately made the calls necessary to make it happen, which in turn encouraged Jillian to squee in delight; her 15th birthday would be the best one she ever had.

Combat Information
Weapon Name: Crested Vaporizer & some spare Dust vials
[spoiler=Weapon Description:]Crested Vaporizer: The Crested Vaporizer is a weapon that takes the shape of a broom and, despite the sound of its name, is a poor choice for something to inflict physical damage with. But that's not how Jillian uses it; in reality, she uses it as a medium for all the Dust at her disposal. The bristles of the Crested Vaporizer are coated in powered Water and Lightning Dust, whereas the main shaft has been forged out of crystallized Gravity Dust. It should be noted that Jillian has such a mastery of Water and Lightning Dust that the storms she likes to throw at her enemies appear as though they were authentically created by the weather. However, these storms consume a lot of Dust in order to be launched in the first place, and take even more to channel the storms, meaning that Jillian can only 30 seconds of fun at the very most before the Crested Vaporizer's reverses run completely dry of Water and Lightning Dust. Thankfully, Jillian can also cast much simpler and more practical bolts of lightning and shots of water at creatures of Grimm, which don't consume nearly as much Dust. But should Team CYJL end up engaging a massive horde of Grimm, several of the higher-tiered types of Grimm such as Death Stalkers or King Taijitus or even a Goliath, Jillian will go full ham, unleashing every ounce of Dust that she has at her disposal.

Aside from acting as a medium for Jillian to draw Dust from, the Crested Vaporizer can be used as a means of fast transportation, allowing Jillian and a single passenger to cover ground much faster than they could just by running alone. It can also grant Jillian and her passenger flight to an extent; since its shaft was forged from crystallized Gravity Dust, it is able to repel the effects of Remnant's gravitational field, acting as an anti-gravity platform of sorts. If she takes some time to concentrate, Jillian can draw some Gravity Dust from the Crested Vaporizer's shaft and use it to cast an appropriate spell. However, this takes much more time than if she were to collect dust from the Crested Vaporizer's bristles, which she can still do mid-flight. In addition, if she tries to draw from the shaft mid-flight, the Crested Vaporizer will drop from the sky due to losing its anti-gravity properties, and before those properties will return, it will need approximately 5 seconds for each second Jillian spent drawing Dust from its shaft.

Spare Dust Vials: Before joining the rest of Team CYJL on each of their missions, Jillian always fills 5 vials to the brink with powdered Dust, caps them so that none of the Dust spills and stores them in discreet places inside her clothing, just in case sheet starts to hit the fan during the mission that they're on. 2 of these vials are filled with Water Dust, whilst 2 more are filled with Lightning Dust and the last remaining vial is filled with Gravity Dust. The reasons why Jillian only carries a single vial of Gravity Dust are numerous. The first is that she can draw more than enough Gravity Dust from the shaft of the Crested Vaporizer, so she'll only need this vial in case she gets herself separated from the weapon. Secondly, Jillian's missing eye can attest to what will happen if the vial of Gravity Dust gets damaged and its contents detonate on her as a result, whereas damage to any of the other vials, although still bad, is the much lesser of the two evils. Hence why she hides this specific vial of Gravity Dust in a little "pocket" inside the witch hat that she wears, as enemies are more inclined to aim for her actual body than to try and knock this hat off her head. And third, Jillian is, quite frankly, not as familiar with Gravity Dust as she is with Water and Lightning Dust, only knowing one or two techniques that she can use it to perform. Hence why she uses it less overall than the other two types of Dust. To make up for her unfamiliarity with the Gravity Dust, Jillian uses it with much more care, as she does know the consequences of mishandling it out of panic or distress, and doesn't want her teammates to suffer what she did when she was young. As for the 2 vials each of Water and Lightning Dust, it should be noted that it takes exactly that must Dust to replenish the Crested Vaporizer's reserves to its fullest, after running dry from Jillian going ham with all her storm-making.

[spoiler=Semblance:]There are two parts to Jillian's Semblance. The first part allows her to capture any Boarbatusk that she comes into contact with, but not any other type of Grimm. Although one would assume that she must use her hands alone, Jillian can use any part of her body that had come in contact with the Boarbatusk that she wants to capture, and her entire body glows blue when her Semblance has been activated. Due to the requirement of physical contact when capturing a Boarbatusk, it may appear as though a captured one is being absorbed directly into Jillian's skin, but her Semblance is actually transporting that Boarbatusk into another dimension where the second part will later come into play. However, Jillian only has a 70% chance to capture a Boarbatusk that had been half beaten to death, and it's only once it's successfully captured that the Boarbatusk is transported into the other dimension. And although this chance of capturing a Boarbatusk increases against those that were beaten even further to death, it is multiplied by the chance of capturing another Boarbatusk or two if Jillian tries to capture them all at once, which actually lessens the chance of the capture being successful overall. For example, against Boarbatusks that have been half beaten to death, Jillian's Semblance only works 49% of the time if she tries to capture two at a time, and 34.3% if she tries to capture three at a time. It should be noted that if Jillian's Semblance fails to capture a Boarbatusk, then not only does Jillian herself suffer a severe backlash, but the strength of the Boarbatusk she tried to capture will also be renewed, meaning Team CYJL will have to weaken that Boarbatusk for Jillian all over again should she feel up to the task of another attempt. And while Jillian is as stubborn as a mule in this regard, her teammates may just want the cursed thing dead.

Although the first part of this Semblance is highly situational, Jillian can unleash the second part at any time that takes her fancy. Here, her body glows blue once again, except this time a series of portals will open up around her, and the Boarbatusks inside the other dimension will be brought back into the world of Remnant next to Jillian's side. Boarbatusks that had been brought back this way are enveloped in a blue aura, and while under its effects, the Boarbatusks will follow Jillian's telepathic command "to the letter". Unfortunately, the aura has a finite lifespan before it dissolves into nothingness, and if it does so before Jillian can transport an affected Boarbatusk back into the other dimension, then that Boarbatusk will once again run amok, which in turn will force her to either kill the Boarbatusk or recapture it with the first part of her Semblance. Like with having captured the Boarbatusks in the first place, transporting a Boarbatusk back to the other dimension requires physical contact. Thankfully, Boarbatusk that have maintained the ominous blue aura will be unwilling to resist the transportation, so the risk of Jillian suffering a backlash is non-existent. While Jillian can bring forth up to 30 Boarbatusks to the world of Remnant at once (assuming she captured that many in her lifetime, that is), it should be noted that the more that she brings forth at a time, the faster that the auras around each one diminishes. Specifically, the aura lasts for 5 hours if a single Boarbatusk is brought forth from the other dimension, but loses 10 minutes of durability for each extra Boarbatusk that was brought at the same time. For example, if 7 Boarbatusks are brought forth at a time, then the aura around each individual Boarbatusk will only last 4 hours as opposed to the original 5, but if 13 Boarbatusks are brought forth, then the aura around each only lasts 3 hours.

Main Theme Song: Till the World Ends, by Britney Spears
Battle Theme Song: The Last Remnant OST: Reversal!
Ideal Voice Actresses: Emily Jenness (En)/Yuna Inamura (Jp)

[spoiler=Irina Tsvyk, a Middle-Aged Woman Cursed with a Youthful Body (WIP)]

nulq3w7.png

"You may all out-heighten me... severly in some cases; I must admit. But I still call the shots around here. Remember that."

Personal Information:
Name: Irina Tsvyk

Reference: Margaret of Anjou
Team: N/A
[spoiler=Appearance:]Despite her true age, Irina is often thought of to be around the same age as many of the students that are ultimately under her tutelage, or even younger than some of the senior students of Shade Academy. Her short stature and somewhat petite frame do not alleviate this in the slightest; she only stands at 147cm (4' 10") tall after all, and has a BWH ratio of 23-18-21 if measured in inches and 58-46-53 if measured in centimeters. She does tip the scales at 52kg (114lbs) however, although how much of that is actual body mass and how much is from the armor she wears all the time is almost impossible to discern, as she believes that it's rude to ask a woman for her weight. Irina's most notable trait by far is her silver eyes and hair. During more regal events such as the Vytal Festival, Irina can be seen wearing iron blue lipstick and a small amount of eye-shadow and foundation, and will don a more impressive-looking suit of armor as well as a crown fit for a queen. It can be argued that this more regal armor, fitted with its own, beautifully quilted cape, actually protects Irina better from assassination attempts due to the stronger materials from whence it was forged. However, it is actually less practical for Irina to wear that kind of armor during full-fledged combat, as the sheer heaviness of the armor takes a significant toll on her mobility.

704bc9b3d1aedf7a09f1477c2948187fc142d664

[spoiler=Personality:]Not surprisingly, Irina is known for her strict, "by the book" nature; a trait that'd be more at home for someone residing at Atlas than someone residing at Vacuo. She is a cold and calculating Huntress, who does not expose her emotions all that much, and certainly doesn't allow them to influence her judgement. Speaking of, Irina is very good at judging someone's true potential at its peak, and it is said that she can do this just by gazing into one's eyes alone.

[spoiler=Biography:](NOTE: Finishing Irina's application is not a high priority for me right now, so if this is empty or looks to be incomplete, it's because the IC Thread just happened to take precedence.)

Combat Information
Weapon Name: Yearning Reaver

[spoiler=Weapon Description:]In its full form, the Yearning Reaver is a 244cm (8') long two-handed sword; it's well over one-and-a-half times as long as Irina herself is tall. It also weighs exactly 5443 grams, which roughly translates to 12lbs. At the center of the Yearning Reaver's hilt is a slot for Irina to insert Dust crystals into on one side, while on the other, along the first 18cm (7") of the blade is a lever of sorts that, albeit exposed, is pressed tightly into the blade by default so it doesn't interfere with the cutting motion of the blade. Unlike many weapons, the Yearning Reaver has no mechanics that allow it to be used as a gun in any form. However, it can collapse in on itself to become the size of a ballpoint pen. This prevents Irina from having to worry about the awkwardness of lugging around such a gargantuan sword when out of combat. The Yearning Reaver's pen form also has the added bonus of actually functioning as a pen, complete with its own ink and a weightless feel and everything.

While the ink is harmless in its pen form, it develops a myriad of toxins when the Yearning Reaver is in its full form, and can be sprayed along various tiny holes at the tip of the sword itself, from a maximum range of 10 meters (33 feet). The toxins in the ink will only poison enemies if it directly contacts their skin. The ink can be pumped by touching the lever which pops it out of its slot and then pulling it once its free, and takes on different properties depending on which Dust crystal had been inserted inside the Yearning Reaver's hilt. Irina may pull out any Dust crystals that she had previously slotted and insert new ones depending on what exactly she needs to happen.

When a Wind Dust crystal is inserted into the Yearning Reaver's hilt, the range that the ink can be shot at increases to 15 meters (49 feet). A Fire Dust crystal immolates the blade itself, which in turn ignites the ink as it's pumped out and effectively transforms the Yearning Reaver into a makeshift flamethrower. Although this burns out the toxins produced by the ink, the stream of inferno is more than enough to roast the creatures of Grimm alive. A Water Dust crystal allows for the toxins to be absorbed into an enemy's skin, ensuring they succumb to its effects at a faster rate. A Lightning Dust crystal coats the blade in electricity for an extra shock factor. This combined with the ink can be highly effective against machinery in particular. An Ice Dust crystal freezes up the ink inside the Yearning Reaver, thus disabling its ability to pump ink while inside the hilt. In exchange however, slashes from the Yearning Reaver itself deal more damage, and taking one too many may result in frostbite, especially on exposed skin. A Steam Dust crystal causes the ink to froth up and boil, and when it's pumped out, it's able to corrode through most any armor an enemy maybe wearing. A Gravity Dust crystal allows the ink to be propelled with much more force than normal at the cost of the Yearning Reaver feeling heavier and more difficult for Irina to wield. It also enables the ink to weigh down anyone that had been struck by it, which takes a toll on their mobility. And finally, an Earth Dust crystal makes the ink harden after a few seconds of having been propelled from the Yearning Reaver itself. If any part of an enemy's body has too much ink on it, they may find themselves unable to move it after it had set.

[spoiler=Semblance:]Each time she holds out a hand in the universal "stop motion", a barrier originates from the palm of that hand and erects to be the size of a pavis. All attacks that connect with this barrier stop in their tracks, and if someone makes such an attack, they will feel the impact and take damage to their Aura levels equal to what Irina would otherwise take. However, the barrier can only deploy from one hand at a time, and this limits how much protection this Semblance can provide Irina. On top of that, she must assume a fully defensive state when using her Semblance; this is because although it's impressive that she can wield a sword as massive as the Yearning Reaver at all, she most certainly can't do so without both hands ready to deliver that each swing needs. Irina uses her Semblance sparingly for this reason, lest it'll kill all offensive momentum.

In addition to her Semblance, Irina has a special power that would be shared with other silver-eyed Huntsmen and Huntresses, except she is one of only a few that are left. This power consumes Irina's eyes with a blinding white light when activated, and allows her to completely freeze an entire army worth of Grimm in their tracks, even extremely powerful ones such as the Goliaths and the Grimm Dragons. Furthermore, unlike what has been reported to be the case, Irina does not lose memory of activating the power or pass out from exhaustion. However, she does temporarily lose all sense of co-ordination after activating the power, processing information on her surroundings as poorly as if she'd had one too many glasses of wine to drink, and will likely need an escort if she wants to exit the scene she left behind in a dignified manner. Irina cannot recover from this side effect without some form of rest, and if she tries to concentrate too hard on anything whilst in this state, her brain will shut itself down to the point where it can only keep her breathing in check and her heart pumping; a state that will last 24 hours from the time of entry.

Main Theme Song: Mountains, by Devilskin

Battle Theme Song: Touhou: Mountain of Faith OST: Faith is for the Transient People
Ideal Voice Actresses: Colleen Clinkenbeard (En)/Sayaka Ohara (Jp)

[spoiler=Isabella Fotesque, Maiden of the Deceased (WIP)]

AprNoY3.png

"My, my... this won't do well at all..."

Personal Information:
Name: Isabella Fortesque

Reference: Corpse Princess
Team: GINX
[spoiler=Appearance:]Manual Description to come

17dff07b861cebaa34e9be7364056f9a4ad92134

[spoiler=Personality:]

[spoiler=Biography:]

Combat Information
Weapon Name: Siren's Cry

[spoiler=Weapon Description:]

[spoiler=Semblance:]

Main Theme Song: Goodbye to You, by Michelle Branch

Battle Theme Song: Mana Khemia OST: Nefertiti
Ideal Voice Actresses: Martha Harms (En)/Shizuka Ito (Jp)

[spoiler= Arianna Bradford]

x393wz.jpg

Headshot_zpstf1o2vup.jpg

"Wake me when the fun starts."x393wz.jpg

Personal Information:

x393wz.jpg

Name: Ariana Bradford

Race: Human

Reference: Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)

Team: FARE (Fairy tale themed, pronounced as spelled.)

Appearance: [spoiler=show]

023a6f8ac9466be010e2cf2134b847bd-d8il3hd

((Credit to Sakimichan for the amazing art, check her out on DA!))

Ariana stands at a height of 5'4. She has long blonde hair that she puts in a high ponytail. She has a pair of sunglasses resting on the top of her hair, and puts them down only when sleeping in classes. She also has a pair of headphones on most of the time. Her eyes are a striking blue, and her skin is a soft white. Moving further down the line, she has a nice figure. She sports a c cup, and despite being well toned, she isn't overly muscled. Her skin is flawless, no birthmarks or scars anywhere to to be found.

When in her combat attire, Ariana wears a form fitting light blue jumpsuit. She has light grey armor covering her bosom and some around her waist area. She also has finger-less gloves and a pair of black combat boots. She still wears her headphones, but they function more as earmuffs while in combat. They do a great job keeping sound out, which is important because her sniper rifle is incredibly loud. She also totes around her Sniper Rifle.

Her casual wear consists of a simple tee-shirt, with a grey hoodie, black jeans, and sneakers.

Personality: [spoiler=show]

There are many words used to describe Ariana, the few most common being 'lazy,' 'egotistical,' and 'catty.' Renowned for her ability to sleep during any class, even while seeming awake, Ariana has made quite the name for herself. When times get boring, she bails. She gets plenty of sleep every night, yet she takes cat naps throughout the day. Her reasoning for this leads into the next part of her character. She is full of herself and her abilities, to the point where she believes teachers are wasting their time trying to teach her things that she 'already knows.' If called out on doing something wrong, she will play it off every time, never admitting she was wrong. She is also not known for playing nicely with others. If she doesn't like someone, she knows, they know, and the whole school does. She doesn't hesitate to resolve her issues, and looks for every opportunity to fight someone she doesn't like. Yet, whats probably the most irritable part of her character is she can back it up.

Ariana's demeanor on the battle field isn't much different, except she becomes cunning and conniving. She plays up the 'dumb blonde' stereotype against human opponents, flirting with them and acting stupid, before her big reveal. If she gains the upper hand in combat, her 'flirting' becomes taunting and demoralizing. After landing shots on her opponents, she will blow them kisses, wink, or some other rude and disrespectful gesture. However, against the creatures of Grimm, she takes combat more seriously. Against those beasts, she becomes a ruthless killing machine. She doesn't joke around when they are involved, or when civilians are involved.

She is no leader, nor is she the best teammate. She will follow directions, but if she disagrees with the leader, she will whine about it complain, then finally comply after some grumbling. She isn't insubordinate, but she still has her own ideas. Her pride is also her greatest undoing, and any attack on it id a deceleration of war. However, she is ruthlessly efficient in combat, and despite her poor attitude, she is a valuable asset and has her own noble reasons for wishing to be a huntress.

Biography: [spoiler=Show]

Ariana was born to a wealthy business man. Her mother taught her proper etiquette, and her father taught her how to act around guests. She was the youngest of 3 children, two of them older brothers. She was the princess of the house, but rules were so strict for her. Since she was young, she was never free. She had no real friends, other than her brothers. She spent mot of her childhood reading fairy tales and stories of hunters. Her whole youth, she had wanted nothing more than to be one of those heroes in the story. She dreamed of her true love coming into her locked castle, fighting the dragon (her parents) and rescuing her from this prison. Of course, she never told her parents how much she hated her life, for they would shoot her down.

One day, she had had it. Ariana couldn't stand living her entire life predetermined. She wanted freedom, so she sought it out. Her oldest brother was a hunter in training, and she had made him teach her all he knew. Together, they unlocked her aura, and she discovered her semblance. Her semblance, camouflage, allowed her to become transparent. Using this trick, she staged a getaway. She tied together her blankets, making a rope, then shattered her window. She then hid in the corner of her room, and activated her semblance. She remained in the corner, invisible to her parents. The 2 freaked out, thinking that she had run off. They immediately called the authorities, and during their panicked chaos, she sneaked out the door.

She had made her way to Mirage Academy, using her semblance to steal food along the way. However, on the way she learned stuff about her own semblance. If she hit something, or ran into something, her camo would instantly end. She also couldn't hold it for more than 30 minutes at a time, and had to wait 3 minutes between each cloak. Making her way to Mirage Academy proved a challenge on its own, but she was successful at it. Upon her arrival, she immediately asked for her brother. Although he was shocked to see her and hear her story, he agreed with her course of action, and they together convinced the head master to allow her to attend.

Ariana's parents were not as happy. That day, she became dead to them. Nothing she did caught their attention. They would talk about how proud they were of their favorite boys, but not a word of Ariana. At first, the young girl was a well behaved, eager to learn hopeful huntress. She tried her hardest to impress her parents, but she never succeeded. Over her years at Mirage Academy, she went through a metamorphosis. Gone was the young, well mannered princess. In her place, a rebellious, cocky woman took her place. She often got in trouble with her teachers because of her mouth and work ethic. Despite all this, her parents still paid her no attention or care. Eventually, Ariana gave up on them too. Keeping this new-found attitude, she got a recommendation to Shade Academy, despite her poor attitude.

x393wz.jpg

Combat Information

x393wz.jpg

Weapon Name: Maleficent Somno

Weapon Description: [spoiler=show]

Maleficent Somno is a large sniper rifle with 4 different dust rounds to fit any occasion. The typical rounds are regular .50 Cal dust bullets. They suit almost any occasion. It holds 5 shots before she must reload it. However, that's just the standard round. The next chamber holds her taser rounds, dust infused rounds that deal significantly less damage, but generate jolts of electricity in impact. Third, she has her explosive rounds, infused with fire dust. On impact, they explode. They are her primary diversion/grimm clearing rounds, as the explosion kicks up enough dirt to allow her to sneak off into cover. Lastly, she has her Goliath rounds. Although she has never encountered a Goliath, Maleficent Somno has a round just for the occasion. An impressive .950 caliber round, these bullets pack a serious punch, with a wicked recoil. Although its her most powerful round, its her least used.

The rifle itself is designed in a desert camo. It has a 24 inch barrel, with 2 scopes on it. The different rounds are decided by a revolver system. Pulling a lever on the side switched the round. Despite her weapon being an effective sniper, that's all it is. Unlike many weapons, this one does not transform into a different weapon.

Semblance: [spoiler=show]

Ariana's semblance is Camouflage. She becomes transparent upon activating it, making her invisible while she stands still. However, if she moves during it, it becomes easier to detect her. This works very similar to halo's Active Camouflage, as her moving causes a distorted shimmer in the area she is moving. The faster she moves, the more obvious. The only true time she is invisible is when she is standing perfectly still. However, the stealth doesn't last. Once she fires a round from her rifle, her stealth will break. Similarly, if her aura takes any form of damage, her camouflage is immediately removed. Lastly, she can't hold her stealth for more than 30 minutes. She has to wait 3 minutes between her breaking stealth before she can re-enter it.

Despite the many shortcomings, Camouflage is still very effective. For those who don't expect it, it gives her a huge advantage. It allows her to effectivly spy, and she can use it to find herself cover and remain cloaked until she takes a lethal shot.

x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg

She is still trying to get attention from her parents, even if she pretends she isn't.

Her father's company was a motorcycle manufacturer.

She has a pair of earbuds for her team, and her headphones have a mic on them so she can still communicate with her teammates despite wearing earmuffs.

She can not hold her own in 1 on 1 hand to hand combat.

[spoiler= Reiner Rex]

imageedit_2_7329605087_zpswh0jmhp9.jpg

"Can we all take a moment to admire me?"

x393wz.jpg

Personal Information:

x393wz.jpg

Name: Reiner Rex

Reference: Tyrannosaurus Rex

Appearance: [spoiler=show]

colonello_tyl_by_colbyroark009_zpsgymkea

(Picture isn't entirely accurate, read the following for a better idea ^^;)

Reiner stands at 6'3 and weighs an astounding 180 pounds, most of it in muscle mass. He has blonde hair that he keeps unkempt, and green eyes. His skin is white, but has become a sort of golden, like the perfect tan from spending so much time in the sun. His torso is well muscled. Reiner's biceps are a bit above average in terms of muscled. Reiner has a scar on his left bicep, but otherwise his skin is unblemished. His calves are also very well toned, and it is obvious he doesn't skip leg day. His favorite sport is soccer, and his build reflects on it.

His choice of attire helps to brand him as a stereotype. He always is wearing a Letterman, tang tops and blue soccer shorts. He wears white running shoes, and a necklace with sharp tooth. It may not be a Grimm tooth, but its the closest one can get. His combat attire is much different. He wears a mesh muscle shirt, with shoulder-pads and a pair of brown leather finger-less gloves. He also wears black pants that go down to his knees. It is made of a resistant polymer. His choice in shoes are cleats, with retractable bottoms.

Personality: [spoiler=show]

Reiner can be categorized into the jock stereotype. He is full of himself, and not very bright. He knows it too. He is also narcissistic and proud. These traits, while common among men of his height, build, and skill, are still obnoxious. Reiner is also a lustful individual, furhter following the jock traits he exhibits. However, he isn't all bad traits. He is a hard working individual, as well as a determined one. If he wants something, nothing will stop him. His goals are admirable, but unfortunately for him, his negative personality traits are usually the ones people notice and draw attention too. Although he is used to being handed everything he wants, this hasn't infringed on his work ethic, at all.

Reiner has a hard time warming up to people who are not similar to him. He has a mild disdain for most of the faunus due to the actions of the White Fang. It is also due to his own prejudice. He is not fond of what he is not comfortable around. Still, Reiner is a loyal friend to those who earn it. He will fight, literally, to the death to defend his teammates. He tends to keep to himself when it comes to his background. Unless he knows someone, he won't trust them with his backstory. Instead, he'll spout some believable bullshit about being an only child and a great upbringing.

Biography: [spoiler=Bio]

Reiner was born the first child of 3. His father was a skilled hunter, and his mother was an average civilian. His home life was simple, and nice. Other kids his age introduced him to a game called 'soccer.' That game was his fondest childhood memory. Reiner was a natural at the game, and the kids would constantly fight for who got him on their team. His father wanted Reiner to be a hunter, but his mother was very much against the idea. However, his father convinced her to allow him to unlock his son's Aura in case he ever needed them. His father did just that, training him everyday, under the guise of soccer practice. Reiner had it made for him, first born, head honcho of soccer, and stunning good looks. But, it wasn't to be.

A white fang attack uprooted his livelihood. They had tried a new tactic, Grimm bombs. They would incapacitate, capture, then fly in creatures of Grimm. While his father was out on a mission, the White Fang struck. Releasing a horde of Grimm upon his school, many of them stood little chance. They attacked, feeding off the fear of the students. Reiner found his brothers, dead. An Alpha Ursa stood on their corpses. At that moment, Reiner discovered his semblance. Before the Ursa could strike him, his aura seemed to ignite. As if for the first time, the beast felt terror. He bludgeoned the Ursa with a fire extinguisher.

His fighting spirit didn't last. As the Ursa was no longer intimidated it struck him. He raised his arm to block, but the strike tore through his aura, and arm. Before he could be killed, his father arrived on the scene. The Alpha was no match for the master huntsman, and Reiner was spared the fate of his brothers. The city was now liberated from the Grimm, but at a high cost. Reiner vowed to follow in his father's footsteps. He also vowed to live for his brothers, not just himself. Their corpses reminded him that life was too short not to enjoy, and after initial grieving, he became a stronger person.

Reiner then enrolled in Shade Academy, under the request of his father. He trained hard, and his results showed. However, unlike many students, he struggled in the curriculum. He may have been gifted physically, but he was rather dull. He fit into a group similar to him, and adopted some of their personality traits subconsciously. However, the difference between him and them was how much better he was at sports. He managed to survive until graduation with decent-enough grades, due to bullying others into doing his work for him. His urge to dominate also started here. Now, he is ready for the big world, or so he thinks. He is worried he wont hold the same social status as he did in mirage academy.

x393wz.jpg

Combat Information

x393wz.jpg

Weapon Name: Royal Tea

Weapon Description: [spoiler=show]

Royal is a pair of finger-less gloves with brass knuckles within them. However, they have a unique slot for dust. the effect changes depending on the dust type within them. His primary type is fire durst, to give his punches a bit of extra heat. The other part of his weapon is Tea. Tea is a pair of enhanced cleats. They have retractable spikes, allowing him maximum traction depending on his setting. They too have a slot for different dust types. Yet again, his preference is fire type, causing explosions to enhance his jump/increase the force of his kicks. He uses them in conjunction with his primary fighting style, martial arts.

Semblance: [spoiler= Dominus]

Dominus causes Reiner to bulk up. His strength increases immensely, and his very presence causes a brief feeling intimidation to blight anyone near him. While the effects of the intimidate don't last long, Dominus does. The increased strength also increases his reflexes, eyesight, stamina, and will very slowly start to replenish his aura when out of combat. Dominus is on a charge system, and the better his Aura is, the stronger the effects. However, as he holds onto Dominus, it begins to drain him. If he constantly exerts himself while it is going, the effects begin to reverse. His eyesight darkens at the edges, his reaction times slow, he suffers nausea. Usually this wouldn't be a problem, but oftentime he forgets it is going due to the adrenaline and his simple minded-ness.

x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg

Reiner is gay

Reiner's weapons, Royal Tea, have been named, in part by his reference to the Tyrannosaurus Rex, but also as an homage to his brother, Roy and Thomas (Nicknamed T).

Reiner has a framed picture of his family when it was whole.

Theme song is

Battle theme here

His fighting style is that of a feint brawler. His goal is to get in and overwhelm his opponent with speed and brute force, while taking a very small amount of retaliation. His primary fighting styles are Taekwondo, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and Savate.

He is known to get into HUGE fights with Zachariah, over the smallest of things. Especially due to their varying views on the White Fang. That alone causes the most violent arguments.

He has a very, very, very strong disdain for Skylar and often voices his anger over her appointment as leadership rather than his own. He is known to be extremely mean to Skylar, and bullies her into doing his homework from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly; said RWBY RP having died was the whole reason I launched this one :)

Awesome...Caliburn Artorigus from Team CMLT is back!! B)

[spoiler=Caliburn Artorigus - Team CMLT]

"Our job is to protect the world from the dangers that are Grimm. And for the sake of those who fell before us...I will take that mantle with pride."

Personal Information

Name: Caliburn Artorigus

Reference: Arthur Pendragon/King Arthur - Arthurian Legends

Team: Team CMLT (Camelot) - Team Leader

[spoiler=Appearance:]

36e00b25521727bfa20fe11e4626bc7c.jpg

Depicted above is Caliburn's normal attire (not the uniform the academy gives him, his mission attire), however the blue cape/cloth on his shoulder isn't available. His hair is a bit more of a darker brown than shown and his eyes are a bit more of a deeper blue. Around his waist rest Pendragon in its pistol form, along with extra ammunition clips.

Caliburn, like many aspiring Huntsmen, is quite skilled in the art of combat. Though because of who his parents were, he feels like he needs to set himself high on their level of battle skills, a bit of a family honor to him. Because of this, the chivalrous young man, can sometimes have that get in the way of how he thinks and acts. This meaning, in the heat of battle, rather than thinking on how the team can benefit each other in certain situations he often thinks on how his parents would act in the situation and run with that as a plan instead. This is a main downside for Caliburn and its a weakness he's trying his best to change for the better.

He is a natural born leader and cares much for his teammates and any allies that he comes across. He is always ready to enter the fray of battle to complete a mission and even lend a hand to those who need it.

[spoiler=History:]

Caliburn Artorigus was born in the continent of Vytal in the kingdom known as Vale. His childhood was truly something else...

The young Artorigus was born by the pair known as Uthyr Artorigus and Ingraine...but the child never truly saw his birth parents. Instead he was sent to a family friend: Hector Kyner, where he was raised in the instructions of the ways of being a Huntsmen. Hector treated young Caliburn the same way he treated his other children, but he held him in a bit higher regards, for what reason...that was unsure. However, when Caliburn came of age, he finally asked his foster father what happened to his birth parents...the answer he got wasn't one he hoped for.

Uthyr, Ingraine, and two others in their team were sent on a mission the day he was left to Hector. They were charged to defeat a new Grimm beast, nicknamed "Barking Beast", which terrorized the outer reaches of the kingdom. However, word was sent many days later that they had fallen, slain by this Grimm. After hearing this, Caliburn's resolve was set into motion, he was going to be a Huntsman. The young Artorigus began his journey where most Huntsmen would: their weapon. He decided to follow within his parents footsteps choosing one weapon that would in sense hold them both: a sword that would allow him to keep Uthyr with him and a pair of pistols. With these, he prepared created the weapon he would use naming it "Pendragon" after his birth father's famous title.

With his newly constructed weapon in hand, Caliburn Artorigus now prepares himself to make himself known in the world of Remnant.

Combat Information

[spoiler=Weapon:]

Pendragon

guardian_dragon__rwby_oc_weapon__by_jack

A pair of twin pistols that combine into one blade used by Caliburn, which come in two separate forms:

• Pistol Form – This is the default form that Pendragon appears in and that Caliburn carries with him. The twin pistols are capable of firing regular ammunition and Dust ammunition. Caliburn designed the pistol forms with his late mother, Ingraine, in mind.
  • Sword Form – This is the merged form of Pendragon. The twin pistols merge together at the bottom of the gun’s hilts, in a back to back fashion. Once the hilts are merged, the tops of the barrels are flipped upward, finishing the hilt’s fashioning. Once the hilt is complete, a steel blade shoots out from the finished hilt, creating the blade form of Pendragon. Like its pistol form, it too can use both types of ammunition, if desired. If this is the case, Caliburn need only press the triggers and the ammunition will shoot out through the blade, rather than the barrels themselves.

Semblance: Deflection - This semblance allows Caliburn to deflect projectiles thrown at him, causing them to bend their paths to his will. However, this has it's limitations (mainly the fact that it has to be projectiles) in the form of:

• Melee Weapons: These are not projectiles, and as such he won't be able to stop or deflect them. Otherwise, this would cause it to be polarity.
  • Semblances: Unless it is a projectile, it will not work. However, even if there is a projectile-esque Semblance, there are times where they won't actually bend or be deflected (Example: Lightning. Let's be honest, a guy with a weapon of steel, even with deflection will end up striking at him regardless).

Misc Information

Other:

Caliburn's Theme | Battle Theme

• Caliburn Artorigus is both named after King Arthur as well as the weapon. Caliburn - Also known as Excalibur, the main weapon of King Arthur. Artorigus - Means "Bear-king", a different name that derived another name that Arthur was known by; Artorius.
  • Caliburn's weapon, Pendragon, is a reference to Arthur and his father Uther's last name of the same name.
  • Caliburn's family (Uthyr and Ingraine had him sent to Hector in the similar way that Arthur's parents (Uther and Ingraine) had Merlin whisk him away to Sir Ector to foster him.
  • The Grimm that murdered Caliburn's parents is actually nicknamed after the creature in the Arthurian Legends as the "Questing/Barking Beast".
  • The team name CMLT (pronounced Camelot) is actually a reference to those within the team being based off of Arthurian Legends, also known as a castle and court that has always been associated with King Arthur.

[spoiler=Eton Shepherd - Team FARE]

"Look...I'm telling the truth! C'mon...it's like only my team believes me anymore..."

Personal Information:

x393wz.jpg

Name: Eton Shepherd

Reference: The Boy Who Cried Wolf, Big Bad Wolf (in Semblance)

Team: FARE

[spoiler=Appearance:]

5f3ae5bb9dfeb5c26004fb10fc373f79.jpg

Eton stands at 5'7" and weighs in at 126 lbs. Depicted above is his everyday attire, with Howling Wolves strapped around his hands/arms as usual. On his face, he does usually have quite the number of bandages on it, due to the fact that he does get into tussles (not like the mushroom nor the vegetable) and picked on by the other students and has become the target of bullying.

Eton isn't the best person to get along with or even be friends with. And trusting? Yeah, not likely either.

He has a history of being a compulsive liar ever since he was young and would get in trouble for it severely for it. Of course, now growing up, Eton has tried to make it a habit of telling the truth. However, people only remember the bad things a person does and because of that, Eton is labelled a liar. Because of this, he tends to keep to himself. He is also a passive individual, so he won't exactly fight anyone and everyone who comes his way...like the countless bullies that pick on him constantly just because of his actions and whatnot. Eton wishes for people to believe him, but has only found that those within Team FARE are the only ones who do. In addition to this, Team FARE is the only one who truly trusts Eton as well. Given his reputation as a compulsive liar, to everyone else, what Eton says can't usually be taken at face value.

However, his relationships with the staff and teachers is a bit different. He's a smart student and usually can get the answers correct for his work and in class, but at the risk of being made fun of in class by the students. However, its a risk he prefers to take.

In combat, Eton's passive nature is put on the shelf, due to him needing to fight for his survival. He takes things seriously when it comes to a mission and will try his best to support his teammates.

I...I didn't ever mean to do it...

Eton lived in the northern portion of Vacuo, simply living on a farm with his parents. He would take care of the family's livestock, namely their sheep, just living from day to day in a strange mindset: dreaming to being a great Huntsman.

Eventually, this dream died out as he kept eyes on his family's sheep, knowing that someone like him from this upbringing couldn't possibly make it. Instead, he put all his work into another small hobby: messing with the townsfolk. Day in and day out, Eton would scream at the top of his lungs, "Grimm! Grimm!!", watching the people run around and freak out whenever they heard it. Unbeknownst to the young boy, this 'joke' would be one that would cost him greatly.

On one such day, Eton overlooked his flock and like always, he lied about a Grimm attack...just putting his neighbors and friends in a panic. As he laughed, Eton could see from the distance something terrible: a pack of Grimm. There was a literal pack of Grimm poised to attack and try as he might, Eton's pleas and cries of an actual attack were ignored by the townspeople. It was at this moment, Eton watched as the Grimm descended and laid waste to his home. Everyone...just gone...

Eton fled the scene from this, not believing that this had happened. Only later, however, he realized it was his fault for bringing the Grimm to them. His constant lying about Grimm attacks put fear into their hearts...and the Grimm found that scent flavorful. Since then, he's felt responsible for the tragedy...

Now, Eton takes on the charge of being a Huntsman, if only to make up for his past sins...

x393wz.jpg

Combat Information

x393wz.jpg

Weapon Name: Howling Wolves

il_fullxfull.407845306_3m96.jpg

A weapon that Eton wears on both hands. However, not depicted above is the pistol feature within each of these gauntlets. The index finger of each glove as built in with it, as all is needed is to point the index finger at the opponent and simply bend his thumbs to fire off a quick shot. The arm-guards of these gauntlets house all of the ammo Eton needs in order to fire off the shots from his index finger. Speaking of the arm-guards, they also fold up up the claws neatly onto the glove portion and spring them out when Eton needs them.

Eton can use both normal ammo or Dust ammunition, but he prefers the regular ammo. He prefers his claws to have the Dust touch to them, allowing him to attack at a close range easier.

Call the Pack

Eton's Semblance is quite the interesting one, as it is a conjuring style Semblance. Using his Aura, Eton conjures a summoning glyph to bring forth five spectral wolves in order for them to do his bidding. These spectral wolves will react to Eton's commands, just as a normal canine would to its master and will obey them without any hesitation. However, using this ability can also give him something else to conjure: a spectral Grimm...specifically a Beowolf. Though, there is a limitation on his Semblance if this happens:

• If Eton conjures up the Beowolf, he cannot conjure up the wolves as well. This is because of the sheer strength and concentration it takes to bring a Beowolf forth. It literally takes the concentration of the five individual wolves into one entity.
  • Eton must be completely concentrated and focused when conjuring the Beowolf. Unlike the regular fighting alongside his spectral wolves, he must keep a constant control of the Beowolf, making sure it doesn't decide to want to break his control

x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg

Eton's Theme | Battle Theme

• Eton's name means the following: Eton - an English name that means "Rich", however there is a color style here as well. The color his name is based on is: "Eton Blue". Another jab at this name, is if said the right way, it reveals the boy's fate within the fable in some versions: eaten. Shepherd - an English name that literally means "Shepherd". At the same time, this naming scheme is one that butts heads with each other...for a "Rich Shepherd" sounds unheard of.
  • Eton has a dog by the name of Doggo. This dog is a reference to two dogs from the the game Undertale: the base of the dog itself - The Annoying Dog, while the name of the canine - Doggo.
  • Eton's Semblance is a small nudge to the Big Bad Wolf in the Fairy Tales, mainly due to the part of conjuring up a Beowolf.

[spoiler=Lazuli Galahad - Team CMLT]
x393wz.jpg

HolPVWA.jpg?1

"On my name, I swear it will be done!"

x393wz.jpg
x393wz.jpg

Name: Lasuli Galahad 

Reference: Sir Lancelot

Team: CMLT

[spoiler=Appearance: ]

3P7E6HC.jpg

Standing at a clean 6'1" and weighing a bit over 180 pounds, Landon is the personification of confidence.  He has a pale skin tone that contrasts with his long black hair.  His eyes are a light and starry blue, and are always showing a hint of gloom.  Outside of combat, he loves to wear casual clothes such as baggy hoodies, or loose fitting v-necks that bolster his broad shoulders.  

Lazuli is a perfectionist to the tee!  He can't stand the idea of being mediocre at anything he tries.  If he isn't good at it in the first place, then he'll usually drop something, and brush it off to the side as if nothing ever happened.  A reason why he, til this day, has never made a meal by himself.  He'd prefer to buy his pb&js than to go through the humiliation of making an imperfect one ever again.  Landon also is a neat freak, and if he sees a dirty sock in the CMLT dorm room, he's sure to make the ne'er-do-well pay for their insolence.  

This sense of perfection also translates onto the battlefield.  Lazuli will try his best to counter an attack in the most efficient way possible, and then strike with his own counterattack.  It has proven useful to both Grimm, and hot-headed huntsmen alike.  However, he can always almost be outwitted by impractical combat techniques, as he likes to stick to a specific attack plan, and any strange alterations that aren't calculated beforehand will throw him off his game.  

Lazuli may look confident to many, seeing as he exhumes greatness with his stride, but it couldn't be farther from the truth.  Lazuli holds a severe inferiority complex deep within himself, cast upon him by his parents and teammates alike.  He doesn't let that show on the outside though, instead always smiling and always doing his best to keep up with his parents legacy and...him.  

Born to a world renowned huntsmen in his father, Lazuli was surely destined for greatness.  He was sent to all the best academies growing up, and was an intelligent and creative spirit who one day dreamed of becoming a huntsmen like his father.  When the day came that he finally asked his father permission, his father responded with a frown.  "No." Was the answer.  When he asked why, his father responded, "You don't have what it takes, you aren't strong Landon."  This bored a hole right through his heart, and on that day Landon decided that he'd go against his fathers will, and train to become a huntsmen anyways.  He wouldn't become like his father, instead he would surpass him.  

With intense physical training, and deep dives into combat strategy books, Lazuli studied so that he could attend his local huntsmaster academy.  When he was mailed his acceptance letter, he couldn't wait to shove it in his fathers face.  It would have to wait, for a Grimm attack on his house happened as soon as he closed the mailbox.  It wasn't a horde of Grimm, rather a large fire-breathing dragon like grimm he had never seen before.  With his father bursting through the door with his trademark sword and shield, he fought the beast, all while Lazuli found a safe location to show his cowardice.  His father pushed the monster back, even going so far as to remove a limb from the beast, but not without getting fatally wounded in the process.  

As his father lay on his deathbed, he consoled his son and his wife.  Rubbing Lazuli's head he told the boy that he always knew his son had it in him to become the best huntsmen this world has ever seen, after all, he was a Finnegan.  He smiled as he shoved the boy with his large hands, exclaiming that all he needed was just that little push to start the drive in him.  His father told him that he could have the family weapon, but only if he took the scales of the dragon, and merged them with it to make it his own.

Lazuli will become a great huntsmen.  He will become strong enough to find that dragon Grimm missing an arm.  He will avenge his father.

x393wz.jpg
x393wz.jpg

Weapon Name: Prometheus' Pride

BlGn0h9.png

A sword and shield combo.  The mixture of both his father's legacy, and his demise.  Dragon scales fused together with cold steel to make a weapon that warms the users hands.  The sword has a dust vial compartment on the dull side, which can make the blade light on fire for a brief period of time.  If Landon wants more destructive power, he can place the shield on top of the blade of the sword to make it a rather large axe, as the sides of the shield extend to reveal large blades.  In this form, the dust vials can be overcharged and release a rather large explosion of fire from the top of the axe.  

Afterimage - This semblance allows Lazuli to leave battle without a scratch.  If he were to take a rather hurtful blow, time stops around Lazuli as he calculates his best option.  He can seemingly vanish from his original position, and can place himself five meters away from his current position.  However, this semblance can't be abused, as it has a rather large cool down timer.  Lazuli only mainly uses it when he would receive an attack that he didn't counterattack perfectly.  This semblance can be used against bullets as well  

x393wz.jpg

x393wz.jpg

Battle Theme - The Perfect Fight

UPDATE: We have a new senior team in CMLT. Both Caliburn and Landon have been added and linked to their respective posts (as well as my two apps of course)

However, I've listed Caliburn as under construction because, Chaos, I do need more lines written for his semblance. I get that he can deflect projectiles with it, but known limitations would be nice.

Also, Ariana needs to be in a team. This is the only thing that's stopping me from accepting her; the rest of the app looks fine.

In any case, I will make a PM with everyone who hadn't made an app just yet at a later date, mostly to ensure there interests have been checked

UPDATE: We have a new senior team in CMLT. Both Caliburn and Landon have been added and linked to their respective posts (as well as my two apps of course)

However, I've listed Caliburn as under construction because, Chaos, I do need more lines written for his semblance. I get that he can deflect projectiles with it, but known limitations would be nice.

Projectiles only...either way, I've already edited it for ya!

Archived