Rogue Mechanoids - Synchro machines that mess with your LP (my first attempt at making an archetype)

Protodax

[spoiler=Monsters (7)]
mjKI8PY.jpg
Once per turn, you can target one monster your opponent controls; return it to the hand. Once per turn, this card can't be destroyed by battle with Level 4 or higher monsters.

EyJNh72.jpg
FLIP: Target one card your opponent controls; return it to the hand, then inflict 300 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, you can banish this card from your graveyard; add one "Rogue Mechanoid" card from your deck to your hand.

x4i4SFK.jpg
If this card is destroyed, you can activate one of these effects;
-Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.
-Target one card your opponent controls; destroy it.

HQtlG24.jpg
At the start of your Main Phase 1, if you control a "Rogue Mechanoid" card other than this card: you can pay 500 life points; your opponent can't activate card effects until your next end phase. You can only activate this effect once per turn. Once per turn: this card can't be destroyed by card effects.

R0HCJqa.jpg
Once per turn, you can Special-Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding one card from both your own and your opponent's hands. Once per turn, during either player's turn: you can pay 300 Life Points; this card can't be destroyed until the next end phase. If this card is sent from the hand or deck to the graveyard by a card effect, draw a card.

J6XNO3Y.jpg
You can Special-Summon this card by sending one Machine-type monster from your hand or deck to the graveyard. You can only activate this effect once per turn. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can pay 400 life points; target one card your opponent controls; shuffle it into the deck.

HlHD9YG.jpg
This card can't be normal-summoned or set. This card can't be Special-Summoned except by banishing 1 "Rogue Mechanoid - Ingsmasher" from your extra deck, field, or graveyard. This card can't be targeted by your opponent's card effects. At the start of the damage step, if this card attacks a monster that is any attribute other than DARK or LIGHT: destroy that monster.

[spoiler=Spells (6)]
Cd3Jwfv.jpg
Gain Life Points equal to the number of "Rogue Mechanoid" cards you control x 700.

CbX7enN.jpg
You can target 1 other "Rogue Mechanoid" card you control and one card your opponent controls; shuffle them both into the deck. During your end phase: add one "Rogue Mechanoid" card from your deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Rogue Mechanoid Firewall" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

ka3G9mg.jpg
Pay 400 Life Points, then target one "Rogue Mechanoid" monster you control, shuffle it into the deck, then special-summon one monster with the same name from your hand, deck, or graveyard, ignoring its summoning conditions.

1X38AjD.jpg
Pay 1000 Life Points; Reveal 1 "Rogue Mechanoid" monster in your extra deck, then Special Summon, from your hand, Deck, or graveyard, monsters which can be used to Synchro Summon that card with a total level equal to the revealed monster's, but their effects are negated; then, if possible, immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon the revealed monster using the Special Summoned monsters.

EJCKi50.jpg
All "Rogue Mechanoid" monsters gain 300 ATK and DEF. "Rogue Mechanoid" cards can't be destroyed by battle. Whenever a "Rogue Mechanoid" monster attacks or is attacked, the controller of that monster gains 500 Life Points. The player who controls this card can Synchro Summonwhenever a "Rogue Mechanoid" card they control is targeted by a card effect. This card is treated as a "Rogue Mechanoid" card for the purposes of effects.

7HKrxuy.jpg
All "Rogue Mechanoid" monsters gain 400 ATK and 200 DEF. "Rogue Mechanoid" cards can't be destroyed by card effects. Whenever a "Rogue Mechanoid" monster attacks or is attacked, the opponent of the controller of that monster loses 300 Life Points. The player who controls this card can Synchro Summonwhenever a "Rogue Mechanoid" card they control is selected as an attack target. This card is treated as a "Rogue Mechanoid" card for the purposes of effects.

[spoiler=Traps (2)]
xdtNGcc.jpg
This card can only be activated if you control at least one "Rogue Mechanoid" card. Activate this card when your opponent activates a monster effect or declares an attack. Equip this card to one monster your opponent controls, change it to face-up Defense Position. The equipped monster's DEF is reduced to zero, and its effect is negated, also it can't change its battle position.

8o3mekg.jpg
Once per turn, you can shuffle 3 "Rogue Mechanoid" monsters from your graveyard into your deck, then draw 2 cards.

[spoiler=Extra (2)]
johaOLm.jpg
1 Machine-type Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Once per turn: this card can't be destroyed by card effects. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing damage to your opponent.

and finally...
a3tB7a7.jpg
1 Machine-type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This monster cannot be destroyed by battle. This card can attack your opponent directly, but when it does so using this effect, the battle damage inflicted to your opponent is halved. If this card is destroyed by card effect, you can activate one of these effects;
-Pay 1000 Life Points; Special-Summon this monster in face-up Defense Position.
-Banish two DARK monsters, two Machine-type monsters, or one DARK Machine-type monster from your hand, deck or graveyard; Special-Summon this card from your graveyard in face-up Attack Position.

I thought to make these guys not long after I made Quadraxis, who got his own thread. Basically they use their own effects to mess with your opponent, all while messing around with your LP--losing it to activate monster effects, and getting it back from spell effects.

Tear 'em apart.

Mekenobite: Wind-Up Kitten only returns to the hand, and doesn't have that protection, so yeah, maybe make it once per turn, or add some other limitation?

Mechlops: Seems fine, nice choice of effect.

Octopede: I think damage dealt can be increased to 1000. Otherwise, effect works out well.

Rezbit: Wow. That effect is crazy, but is balanced out by the fact that it needs to be out on the field at the start of your Main Phase 1. Protection effect makes it more dangerous, but I like it all in all.

Quad: Where does it Special Summon from? The Hand or Graveyard? I reserve judgement until you clarify.

Dark Quad: Same as above.

Dark Ingsmasher: I think some protection would help. I think that would buff it just enough.

Power Core: Just enough to be workable. Nice!

Firewall: Ah, a card reminiscent of that other Greydle card :P (Don't ask me I can't remember) Where in the deck does it return to? Shuffle, bottom, or top?

Reboot: Wow. This card is so strange, yet works in tandem with the other cards nicely. With a cost and summon from any location, it's pretty cool.

Overclock: I think the text can be worded like so:

Pay 1500 Life Points; Reveal 1 "Rogue Mechanoid" monster in your extra deck, then Special Summon, from your hand, Deck, or graveyard, monsters which can be used to Synchro Summon that card with a total level equal to the revealed monster's, but their effects are negated, then, if possible, immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon the revealed monster using the Special Summoned monsters.

Eh, I think the life point cost is a bit much for the current effect. Maybe send from the deck to the Graveyard to Synchro Summon the monster? But then again, quickplay, so I guess that works.

Sanctuary Fortress: When can you Synchro Summon? I would like it to be a bit more specific, because whenever on your opponent's turn is a bit much.

Ing Hive: Same as above.

Virus: I understand it's counter to cut off resistance, but can't it counter SOMETHING?

Ingsmasher: Nothing much to say here.

Quadraxis: Works like a charm :D

Mekenobite: Wind-Up Kitten only returns to the hand, and doesn't have that protection, so yeah, maybe make it once per turn, or add some other limitation?Mechlops: Seems fine, nice choice of effect.Octopede: I think damage dealt can be increased to 1000. Otherwise, effect works out well.Rezbit: Wow. That effect is crazy, but is balanced out by the fact that it needs to be out on the field at the start of your Main Phase 1. Protection effect makes it more dangerous, but I like it all in all.Quad: Where does it Special Summon from? The Hand or Graveyard? I reserve judgement until you clarify.Dark Quad: Same as above.Dark Ingsmasher: I think some protection would help. I think that would buff it just enough.Power Core: Just enough to be workable. Nice!Firewall: Ah, a card reminiscent of that other Greydle card :P (Don't ask me I can't remember) Where in the deck does it return to? Shuffle, bottom, or top?Reboot: Wow. This card is so strange, yet works in tandem with the other cards nicely. With a cost and summon from any location, it's pretty cool.Overclock: I think the text can be worded like so:Pay 1500 Life Points; Reveal 1 "Rogue Mechanoid" monster in your extra deck, then Special Summon, from your hand, Deck, or graveyard, monsters which can be used to Synchro Summon that card with a total level equal to the revealed monster's, but their effects are negated, then, if possible, immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon the revealed monster using the Special Summoned monsters.Eh, I think the life point cost is a bit much for the current effect. Maybe send from the deck to the Graveyard to Synchro Summon the monster? But then again, quickplay, so I guess that works.Sanctuary Fortress: When can you Synchro Summon? I would like it to be a bit more specific, because whenever on your opponent's turn is a bit much.Ing Hive: Same as above.Virus: I understand it's counter to cut off resistance, but can't it counter SOMETHING?Ingsmasher: Nothing much to say here.Quadraxis: Works like a charm :D

Thank you sir! I will make the changes asap!

Mekenobite: Wind-Up Kitten only returns to the hand, and doesn't have that protection, so yeah, maybe make it once per turn, or add some other limitation?

Mechlops: Seems fine, nice choice of effect.

Octopede: I think damage dealt can be increased to 1000. Otherwise, effect works out well.

Rezbit: Wow. That effect is crazy, but is balanced out by the fact that it needs to be out on the field at the start of your Main Phase 1. Protection effect makes it more dangerous, but I like it all in all.

Quad: Where does it Special Summon from? The Hand or Graveyard? I reserve judgement until you clarify.

Dark Quad: Same as above.

Dark Ingsmasher: I think some protection would help. I think that would buff it just enough.

Power Core: Just enough to be workable. Nice!

Firewall: Ah, a card reminiscent of that other Greydle card :P (Don't ask me I can't remember) Where in the deck does it return to? Shuffle, bottom, or top?

Reboot: Wow. This card is so strange, yet works in tandem with the other cards nicely. With a cost and summon from any location, it's pretty cool.

Overclock: I think the text can be worded like so:

Pay 1500 Life Points; Reveal 1 "Rogue Mechanoid" monster in your extra deck, then Special Summon, from your hand, Deck, or graveyard, monsters which can be used to Synchro Summon that card with a total level equal to the revealed monster's, but their effects are negated, then, if possible, immediately after this effect resolves, Synchro Summon the revealed monster using the Special Summoned monsters.

Eh, I think the life point cost is a bit much for the current effect. Maybe send from the deck to the Graveyard to Synchro Summon the monster? But then again, quickplay, so I guess that works.

Sanctuary Fortress: When can you Synchro Summon? I would like it to be a bit more specific, because whenever on your opponent's turn is a bit much.

Ing Hive: Same as above.

Virus: I understand it's counter to cut off resistance, but can't it counter SOMETHING?

Ingsmasher: Nothing much to say here.

Quadraxis: Works like a charm :D

Changes have been made!

Archived