[Remake] Akkedis: Pendulum Gemini Ritual Reptiles! 15/?

Dova

[spoiler=Effect Monsters (6)]KxbC9kZ.png

Pendulum Effect:

Once per turn, if you control a Reptile-type monster: You can target 1 Gemini monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, and, if you do, that Special Summoned Gemini monster(s) is treated as an Effect Monster, and it gains its effect.

Monster Effect:

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card is tributed; Your opponent takes 500 damage for each Reptile-type monster you control. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● Each time you Summon an "Akkedis" monster(s): Inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

EcCnDZt.png

Pendulum Effect:

If you would Ritual Summon a Reptile-type monster(s): You can send Reptile-type monsters from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard instead of using monsters you control or in your hand.

Monster Effect:

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card is Tributed: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; Return it to the hand. You can only use this effect of "Akkedis Kosacot" once per turn. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● If you Ritual Summon a Reptile-type monster(s); You can draw 1 card.

9vX7RWO.png

Pendulum Effect:

If an "Akkedis" monster you control attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

Monster Effect:

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card is Tributed: You can target 1 Ritual monster on the field; That card cannot be destroyed once per turn. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; Banish this card and that target until the next turn's End Phase.

Pvf85S7.png

Pendulum Effect:

If you would Ritual Summon a Reptile-type monster(s): You can send Reptile-type monsters from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard instead of using monsters you control or in your hand.

Monster Effect:

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● Once per turn, if you control another "Akkedis" monster: You can add 1 Ritual Spell/monster from your Deck to your hand.

Ws96VLO.png

Pendulum Effect:

If an "Akkedis" monster you control attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

Monster Effect:

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card is Tributed: You can draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Akkedis Raperot" once per turn. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● Gemini monsters you control gain 1000 ATK.

ViEGOOu.png

Pendulum Effect:

Once per turn, if you control a Reptile-type monster: You can target 1 Gemini monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, and, if you do, that Special Summoned Gemini monster(s) is treated as an Effect Monster, and it gains its effect.

Monster Effect:

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card is Tributed: You can draw place 1 "Akkedis" monster in your Graveyard face-up in your Extra Deck. You can only use this effect of "Akkedis Ubiec" once per turn. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● Once per turn: You can tribute 1 Reptile-type monster you control to target 1 card on the field; Destroy it.

[spoiler=Ritual Monsters (5)]l5Aitky.png

Pendulum Effect:

Pendulum Summoned Reptile-type Gemini Monsters you control are treated as Effect Monsters and gain their effects. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except for Reptile-type monsters.

Monster Effect:

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Akkedis" Ritual Spell. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card is destroyed or tributed: You can destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zone; regardless, you can place this card in 1 of your free Pendulum Zones. If this card is Tributed: You can target 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls; Destroy it. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● If a monster your opponent controls is destroyed by battle: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard or face-up in your Extra Deck; Special Summon it, but it cannot attack this turn.

yhwBv6T.png

Pendulum Effect:

Pendulum Summoned Reptile-type Gemini Monsters you control are treated as Effect Monsters and gain their effects. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except for Reptile-type monsters.

Monster Effect:

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Akkedis" Ritual Spell. This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. If this card is destroyed or tributed: You can destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zone; regardless, you can place this card in 1 of your free Pendulum Zones. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.

● Once per turn: You can tribute 1 "Akkedis" monster you control; Add 1 Ritual Spell/monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

ZDuFnsJ.png

Pendulum Effect:

Once per turn, if you control a Gemini monster: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; Destroy it.

Monster Effect:

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Akkedis" Ritual Spell. This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects during the Battle Phase. If this card is destroyed or tributed: You can destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zone; regardless, you can place this card in 1 of your free Pendulum Zones. This card is treated as Level 4 while face-up in your Extra Deck.

80cAPIe.png

Pendulum Effect:

Once per turn, if you control a Gemini monster: You can target 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls; Destroy it.

Monster Effect:

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Akkedis" Ritual Spell. You can tribute 1 monster you control; Special Summon 1 Reptile-type monster from your Graveyard, but it cannot be used for a Summon this turn, except for a Ritual Summon. If this card is destroyed or tributed: You can destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zone; regardless, you can place this card in 1 of your free Pendulum Zones. This card is treated as Level 4 while face-up in your Extra Deck.

VfADLTD.png

Pendulum Effect:

Special Summoned Reptile-type Gemini Monsters you control are treated as Effect Monsters and gain their effects. You cannot Special Summon monsters, except for Reptile-type monsters. Once per turn, if you have another "Akkedis" card in your Pendulum Zone: You can treat this card as having a Scale of 2 until the End Phase of this turn.

Monster Effect:

You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Akkedis" Ritual Spell. You can only control one face-up "Akkedis Makios". Once per turn, if your opponent activates a card or effect: You can send 1 "Akkedis" monster from face-up in your Extra Deck to the Graveyard; Negate that card/effect, and, if you do, destroy it. Once per turn: You can place one "Akkedis" Pendulum monster from your Graveyard face-up in your Extra Deck. If this card is destroyed or tributed: You can destroy 1 card in your Pendulum Zone; regardless, you can place this card in 1 of your free Pendulum Zones. This card is treated as Level 4 while face-up in your Extra Deck.

[spoiler=Spells (4)]onmCkOq.png

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Akkedis" Ritual Monster. Tribute monsters from your hand or field, then Ritual Summon 1 "Akkedis" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level is equal to or less than the total Levels of those monsters. You can only use this effect of "Akkedis Calling" once per turn. If the only face-up cards you control are "Akkedis" cards: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Add 1 "Akkedis" monster from your Deck to your hand.

mecHCe3.png

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Akkedis" Ritual Monster. Tribute monsters from your hand, field, and/or move "Akkedis" monsters from your Graveyard to your Extra Deck, then Ritual Summon 1 "Akkedis" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level is equal to or less than the total Levels of those monsters. You can only use this effect of "Akkedis Curse" once per turn. If you control a Gemini monster(s): You can banish this card; Add 1 of your banished Ritual Spells to your hand.

Vc9CxGC.png

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Akkedis" Ritual Monster. Tribute monsters from your hand, field and/or face-up in your Extra Deck, then Ritual Summon 1 "Akkedis" Ritual Monster from your hand whose Level is equal to or less than the total Levels of those monsters. You can only use this effect of "Akkedis Transformation" once per turn. If you control no cards in your Spell/Trap Zones: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Add 1 "Akkedis" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.

HRZBcoH.png

Once per turn: You can Normal Summon all Gemini Reptile-type monster(s) you control which are treated as Normal monster(s). Reptile-type monsters you control are unaffected by the first card effect that would target them. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed, you can tribute 1 "Akkedis" monster you control: This card is not destroyed. You can only activate 1 "Akkedis Kingdom" per turn.

This is an archetype I released a while ago, while I was...less mature...in my cardmaking skills. Anyhow, I converted the old set to this on TCGEditor, hopefully making it better and more interesting. Please point out any mistakes, and hopefully you might give me some CnC!

This is an interesting archetype. Geminis, rituals and pendulums? At first glance it doesn't look like it should work, but it synergizes pretty well. The pendulum effects of these monsters speed up your gemini monsters, make ritual summoning easier and protect your monsters. The non pendulum effects, while not worth it if done the regular gemini route, are decent once the speed ups are factored in. Raperot (or raper bot, as my dirty mind nicknamed him) seems to have the weakest monster effect. A simple attack boost, in 2016? If I run him, it would be exclusively for his pendulum effect. Not necessarily a must fix, just something to consider. Ubiec seems to be the next weakest, though I suppose you can tribute Neprijatel to give a ritual monster some protection, or tribute Dalfos for some desperate field removal. It's just that sending monsters to the graveyard doesn't seem like a good idea considering what so many monsters do in the grave, especially with the monarchs. Might occaisonally be useful though. Gorenge has some nice burn damage, though burn damage doesn't seem to fit in with this deck's overall strategy which seems to revolve around getting out your big ritual summon bosses. Neprij's tribute effect is nice, and its gemini effect is okay. Useless against Kozmos, but might buy some time in other matchups. Kosacot and Razuznava are the stars of the non ritual monsters. They provide draw power and searching respectively. This helps this decks speed and consistency immensely. If I were to play this archetype,  I'd run three of them. 

For the ritual cards I'm curious, why bother making them pendulums? How would you get them in the pendulum zone? Could you just put them there? I don't know how the card rulings for this would work, so I'll just assume you can use them as scales, but can't pendulum summon them from the hand. The pendulum effects that allow you to directly special summon your Gemini monsters as effect monsters are awesome. The destroying a monster effect is okay, and the spell trap removal is handy. Makromant adds some recycling ability to the archetype always nice. Probably run him at two. Staratel is a decent enough beatstick, though his pend effect isn't too impressive. Volsebnikl doesn't explicitly state you need to tribute a monster you control. Is that intentional? If it is, then its a powerful card, almost like a Monarch Stormforth. If it is meant to be a monster you control, then its okay. It means you can bring back monsters sent to the graveyard by Kosacot's effect. Makios is great. Spell negation and recycling pendulums that are sent to the graveyard for his effect are all good things. It's basically a negate one spell or trap free per turn. And the extra deck level 4 thing is brilliant. It means once they're destroyed, they aren't lost because you don't have the monsters with the right scale to summon them. 

The Field Spell is great, speeds up the geminis immensely, provides some protection, and protects itself.

Finally the ritual spells help this deck greatly. Calling searches monsters, Transformation searches spells and Cruse returns Calling and Transformation to the hand. However, I think Transformation's condition is bad. It requires you to have a lack of field presence to activate. This is an undesirable state of affairs. I would change it something more along the lines of no back row, or maybe no non pendulums on your side of the field.

In terms of speed, this deck has is slower than other pendulums due to its gemini monsters, but it does a good job being consistent, with some decent powerplays, and searching capability. I'd certainly run this. It biggest flaw is that it doesn't seem to have great disruption ability. I think it needs the ability to ratchet up the pressure, but as it is, it is decent. If I were to grade this I'd say over all this is a B+.

Thanks for the comment! Fixing up Transformation. I'll probably change the other non-rtiaul's effects once more people give their input, but your comments are right. As for the monsters becoming cards in the Pendulum Zone, I forgot to add a clause in their monster effect; Should be there now. And Volsebnikl is not meant to have that, thanks for that.

Since all of these are card text changes, I'm not updating the pictures, just the lore in the post.

If I assume you have to destroy these monsters to put them in the pendulum zone, it doesn't really defang the deck, although it does make the ritual monsters harder to utilize as Pendulum monsters.

It's meant to be an option if the card is destroyed. Also, slightly changed the requirements.

Archived