[Leaderboard] Excalibur vs. Next Tuesday (Cards are up, vote now!)

Excalibur the Divine

Rules:
-All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.

Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
-Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)
-Cards must be PM'd to me.
-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.
-In case a downtime happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:
-The winner gets a rep from the loser.
-All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:
-Cards must be finished 48 hours after this post
-Voting deadline 3 days after cards are posted.
Requirement:
-Create a Generic Rank 4 Xyz Monster

EDIT: I don't know what happened with all those background tags, but the stuff's still there

Card A:
Historic Rewind
Earth/Warrior/Xyz/Effect
2300/2000
2 Level 4 Monsters
You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card, then target 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls; send that monster to the bottom of your opponents Deck or Extra Deck. If you do, special summon 1 monster from your Extra Deck whose Rank/Level is exactly 1 Rank/Level lower than this monsters to your opponents side of the field in Attack Position. You can only use the effect of "Historic Rewind" once per turn

Card B:
Elia, Angel of Rebirth
Fairy/Light/Xyz/Effect
2000/800

2 or more Level 4 monsters
You can detach two Xyz Materials from this card: destroy one Level 4 or lower monster you control, and if you do, you can Special Summon one monster with the same Level from your Deck. You can detach three Xyz Materials from this card: destroy one Rank/Level 4 or lower monster on the field, and if you do, Special Summon one monster from your hand, Deck, or Graveyard, with the same Level/Rank as that card. If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; shuffle one Level 4 or lower monster on the field into the Deck.

Card A has some OCG problems, but nothing serious. Moving on, the card's effect is interesting, and has some viability in some modern Meta decks with varying levels, such as Magicians or Kozmo. The HOPT really hammers down on this card's playability, but I guess with the previously mentioned Decks some problems could be caused. I like how the card is generic but at the same time only for decks which have Level variation.

Card B is also generic and not generic at the same time. requiring you to play a R4 deck for it to be viable. Unsure of my feelings of its lack of OPT and targeting, considering your opponent won't know how to counter your plays at all if they don't know which monster you want to pop. It's very spammy, and the last effect....eh....no OPT or targeting either? There's a trap which is basically Coth for banished Fairies, so I'm not a big fan of that, but I guess the main R4 decks these days are Pepe so that would certainly effect the meta, maybe becoming an Exciton of sorts.

Extremely torn between Card B's power and Card A's lack of it, but I'm probably going to go with Card B, because it's basically only gonna be used in R4 mirror matches, as a definite side.

Vote for Card B.

Card A removes SS'd monsters on the opponent's field, but by doing so, you also give them a monster from your ED that has to be a Level/Rank lower. With Pendulums, you can just give them a monster that'll go back to your ED later on for your own benefit (and they lose a stronger monster). But yeah, unless you can run a heavy diversity of Levels (which stuff like Pendulum Magicians and the like do) or run some random ED fodder for the sake of this card, not going to be too much of use.

Card B mostly sees play (or rather will only see use) in Rank 4 decks, which Konami has apparently decide to promote to no end. At present, EmEm/PePe are the main R4 spam culprits (outside of Raptors), even with the emergency banlist in mind for the month. In this case, they don't really care about blowing their stuff up since they can recur them later (and most likely will lead to further plays that turn). Factoring in the 3-mat detach, either you or the opponent can get stuff blown up; if you aim for the opponent's stuff, they lose a monster and you get a free SS off of it. I am aware that it also hits Level 1-3 stuff as well, but since most Decks that Xyz are mostly 4s, that's what gets discussed now. To be honest, not a fan of the lack of OPT either, and while I doubt EmEm even go beyond 3-mat R4s, the card is too spammy for what it does.

----

Voting card C on this one.

A is reliant on either Pendulums with a high Level diversity or disposable ED to be effective against everything and B is just nuts.

My vote goes to Historic Rewind. Its effect is unique and interesting, and really fits thematically with the name. It can cause OTKs, though, by giving the opponent a 0 ATK monster (maybe you could put it in defense mode), or lock them out of Special Summoning with Acid Golem, which is automatically summoned with no materials (a bit unfair, so maybe you could attach the target as Xyz material). You could summon Pendulums, but it would usually be much more beneficial and consistent to give the opponent a 0 atk Xyz or Acid Golem. 

Just to clarify, it's 1 lower than the Level/Rank of this card, correct? So a Rank 3?

Elia feels like there's too many good effects crammed on one card. I'd drop the Graveyard effect; non-targeting & destroying removal on a card like this is too much. The first effect is a bit scary. It furthers combos and allows for the reuse of soft once-per-turn effects, triggers destruction effects, and triggers Special Summon effects. It even fills the extra for Pendulums, like a Luster of sorts. Given the large pool of cards it can affect, and a lack of OPT, chances are really high that something out there could abuse this (good thing Plushfire's banned, right?).

Second effect is an acceptably powerful scale-up to the first and puts something useful in the 3 mat Rank 4 pool. I'd accept this if it was only that effect, but currently it's overpowered.

Also, A doesn't have a Type and B doesn't have an Attribute. I don't even.

Rather bizarre that both cards have similar effects, when the requirement doesn't specify it.

Card A is rather awkward with its effect. It's already pretty cool, allowing the card a one-time means of taking out a Special Summoned troublemaker, but also forces you to pull out a replacement that has a rather narrow criteria depending on what gets wiped. I have a little question regarding whether you need to have a replacement to even try to use this effect, but I'm going to assume that you can still do it and "fail to find" a suitable replacement. If that stands, a crafty player turns this into Castel++, otherwise this card will need a degree of deck dedication to exploit completely.

Card B also does the transmogrification thing, though it is a little more flexible. The second effect, although needing additional investment, is particularly potent since you get rid of an opponent's monster and get one of your choice from nearly anywhere. This swing in card advantage can be potentially game-changing and well worth investing 3 monsters into a 2000 ATK one - such that it will completely outclass the other effect. The final effect neither targets nor destroys - two attributes that make it very difficult to deal with - and can be proc'd by your own efforts unlike Scrap monsters and other similar effects. These make it a bit too strong for my liking, even though each of them are effectively one-use.

Going to have to go with Card A on this one.

My vote goes to Historic Rewind. Its effect is unique and interesting, and really fits thematically with the name. It can cause OTKs, though, by giving the opponent a 0 ATK monster (maybe you could put it in defense mode), or lock them out of Special Summoning with Acid Golem, which is automatically summoned with no materials (a bit unfair, so maybe you could attach the target as Xyz material). You could summon Pendulums, but it would usually be much more beneficial and consistent to give the opponent a 0 atk Xyz or Acid Golem. 

Just to clarify, it's 1 lower than the Level/Rank of this card, correct? So a Rank 3? Yes A rank 3 unless you modified its rank/ level somehow with those Pendulum magicians.

In short this ^. 

It was really an Acid Golem card but I figured that would be too limiting so I decided to add the whole Rank/Level thing so it could be a little more diverse.

Archived