Fall 13 format topic

since this was the last format i actually played extensively and enjoyed, i figured i'd make a topic for this one wanting to play it on DN. like the goats topic, just post here to show your interest in playing the format. Assumingly we're going to have Sixth Sense banned, and maybe Return, depends on people's opinions

Sounds awesome, I'd be interested. Definitely ban both Return and Sixth Sense though, those were both just autowins if they were resolved.

I mean a lot of formats would be amazing if you banned 1-2 of the best cards. Return DAD without Dimension Fusion for example. Or Chaos Dragon format without FuFu and Hunter

Return could be played around pretty easily iirc, wasn't that why TCG started hyping the Scarecrow techs? Pt being the format includes Return and Sixth and removing it to "make" a better format says nothing about the original format's balance

Return wasn't just broken because it threatened OTKs, it was broken because it triggered all the Dragons and was essentially a +5 since you could play it on the opponent's turn and choose which were bounced and which were banished. There was no real counter to Return, if you drew it you were at a big advantage, simple as that. Scarecrow was just a standard card from day 1 because the only was the deck was lose was to OTKs.

I don't actually know what you mean by the second bit, but this was honestly one of the best and most intricate formats ever and was even enjoyable with Sixth Sense and Return, let alone without.

Return wasn't just broken because it threatened OTKs, it was broken because it triggered all the Dragons and was essentially a +5 since you could play it on the opponent's turn and choose which were bounced and which were banished. There was no real counter to Return, if you drew it you were at a big advantage, simple as that. Scarecrow was just a standard card from day 1 because the only was the deck was lose was to OTKs.

I don't actually know what you mean by the second bit, but this was honestly one of the best and most intricate formats ever and was even enjoyable with Sixth Sense and Return, let alone without.

Agreed on that much, Ruler being able to choose to bounce back to hand or banish and get effect was pretty annoying, but Swift did stop the OTK nature of Return to a degree as you noted. Most players don't know how to use sixth (ie call 5/6) when 3/4 is the ideal call.

I was just pointing out that a lot of formats can become really amazing if you take out a card or two for the sake of balance, ie something like Goat with BLS or Return Dad with Dim Fusion

Personally this format is #2 ruler wise for me after OCG Febuary Rulers with 2 of each Big cause that Ruler build was straight fire with in the mirror. But that being said, 110% agree it was a funking amazing format SS/Return with or without

well i mean i figured winter would like this since he has an enormous DR boner

right now DN is being stupid so we can't really play, but hopefully more people will show

I played Rulers after the babies got limited, I play rulers after the bigs got semi, I played rulers after the bigs went to one, I played rulers after OCG limited shrine and ravine. I never gave up till April!

Honestly so many Formats with Rulers you could play :O

March Rulers 

TCG Ravine Rulers

OCG Ravine Rulers

OCG Chrono Rulers

OCG BEWD Rulers

OCG DMD Rulers

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/February_2014_Lists( Best Ruler format)

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/April_2014_Lists_(OCG)(Most Skillful Ruler format)

Ermagward!!!!

Archived